Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 08-11-2017, 7:46 PM
TMB 1's Avatar
TMB 1 TMB 1 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 530
Posts: 4,922
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
So keep a bunch of unregistered rifles around.
How is your kids or grandkids going to register? Are they going to open a special registration for them when they're old enough to buy one?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 08-11-2017, 7:48 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,841
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Which comprises exactly one of two options.

Featureless, or register.

Doing one of two possible things is not 'diversifying'.
Btw it's three choices. Fixed magazine is not featureless.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 08-11-2017, 7:49 PM
AGGRO's Avatar
AGGRO AGGRO is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,631
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
How is your kids or grandkids going to register? Are they going to open a special registration for them when they're old enough to buy one?
CA doesn't work that way. Registration is a one way pitfall. From the day you do it you are at their will and good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 08-11-2017, 7:55 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,231
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGRO View Post
CA doesn't work that way. Registration is a one way pitfall. From the day you do it you are at their will and good luck.
My experiences have been the opposite with regards to reg. Got one AR standard rifle that I can freely lawfully use. Got one 50 bmg. Two things 99% of gun owners in CA can't say.

I can understand why you believe it to be a waste of time, given your experiences, but are the experiences common? Your situation was very very rare, right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 08-11-2017, 7:59 PM
curtisfong's Avatar
curtisfong curtisfong is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,529
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
Your wrong when it comes to me.
I explained why you are incorrect about your assertion that you are "diversifying". So far, you've not said anything new on the matter to change this fact.

Quote:
It doesn't fit for me but I created this thread to see if anyone had any new information regarding registration.
That isn't why you created this thread. You created this thread such that no matter what anybody says, you say:

Quote:
So far, nothing new.
Which is why, from the very beginning, I requested this thread to be closed, locked, and/or deleted. There is nothing new that anyone is contributing that hasn't already been beaten to death. If you agree, you should agree to delete this thread entirely.
__________________
The Rifle on the Wall

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 08-11-2017, 8:00 PM
TMB 1's Avatar
TMB 1 TMB 1 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 530
Posts: 4,922
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
My experiences have been the opposite with regards to reg. Got one AR standard rifle that I can freely lawfully use. Got one 50 bmg. Two things 99% of gun owners in CA can't say.

I can understand why you believe it to be a waste of time, given your experiences, but are the experiences common? Your situation was very very rare, right?
Can you give them to your kids or grandkids? If you can't it'll be two things 100% can't say.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 08-11-2017, 8:01 PM
curtisfong's Avatar
curtisfong curtisfong is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,529
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGRO View Post
From the day you do it you are at their will and good luck.
Misrepresenting reality: like the Roberti Roos days, NOT registering puts you entirely at their will when it comes to NOT OWNING ANY AWs.
__________________
The Rifle on the Wall

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 08-11-2017, 8:06 PM
TMB 1's Avatar
TMB 1 TMB 1 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 530
Posts: 4,922
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
I explained why you are incorrect about your assertion that you are "diversifying". So far, you've not said anything new on the matter to change this fact.



That isn't why you created this thread. You created this thread such that no matter what anybody says, you say:



Which is why, from the very beginning, I requested this thread to be closed, locked, and/or deleted. There is nothing new that anyone is contributing that hasn't already been beaten to death. If you agree, you should agree to delete this thread entirely.
Why would you want the thread closed because nobody has anything new? If it closed and somebody has something new. How are they going to talk about it? Maybe come up with something new to talk people into why registering is a good thing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 08-11-2017, 8:13 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,841
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
I explained why you are incorrect about your assertion that you are "diversifying". So far, you've not said anything new on the matter to change this fact.
Many have several choices. It's not limited to two as you claim. That is misleading. At the very least it's limited to four choices. Registration, featureless, fixed magazine and disassembly. Now if you want to use one, then three choices.



Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
That isn't why you created this thread. You created this thread such that no matter what anybody says, you say:
Well it's the truth. There is no new information given here about registration. So why would I change my mind??



Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Which is why, from the very beginning, I requested this thread to be closed, locked, and/or deleted. There is nothing new that anyone is contributing that hasn't already been beaten to death. If you agree, you should agree to delete this thread entirely.
So you want to stifle me just because I created a thread that challenges you into giving me a reason to register. If you're not interested, ignore the thread. Why don't you have an issue about other threads to the contrary if you have an issue with mine? Answer: Because you don't agree with me, and you would prefer to stifle me by closing this thread. If the MODS decide to close this thread, I will obviously respect that. This is a private site and we are here as a privilege, but I find it sad that you think my thread should be closed just because I have a different viewpoint than you do.
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 08-11-2017, 8:15 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,231
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post

What you are ignoring DBilleb is that I am trying my best to keep an open mind about this whole ordeal and gather as much info as I can before the deadline passes. The more informed all of us are, the better off we all are.
Let the grown ups provide information. Myself and others spent the last 7 months painstaking following this process and providing real info. Your contribution to knowledge has been negative in my opinion. 70,000 views on my news and updates thread, hundreds and thousands on cocked's, and a real effort to inform.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 08-11-2017, 8:28 PM
TMB 1's Avatar
TMB 1 TMB 1 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 530
Posts: 4,922
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Let the grown ups provide information. Myself and others spent the last 7 months painstaking following this process and providing real info. Your contribution to knowledge has been negative in my opinion. 70,000 views on my news and updates thread, hundreds and thousands on cocked's, and a real effort to inform.
Are there any advantages for my grandkids in me registering? Will people who register still be in the fight, or say "well I got mine, should have been smart like me"?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 08-11-2017, 8:28 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,841
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Let the grown ups provide information. Myself and others spent the last 7 months painstaking following this process and providing real info. Your contribution to knowledge has been negative in my opinion. 70,000 views on my news and updates thread, hundreds and thousands on cocked's, and a real effort to inform.
Continue with the insults. I have contributed to this fight financially and you have no clue what you are talking about. There are other members here who know more about this than you do and I would love to hear from them on this matter with all due respect. I find it comical that you gauge your knowledge based on an amount of views. That is nothing but an immature ego talking. At least Cockedandglocked has the maturity and understanding to realize that we can agree to disagree.

Not once have I had an issue with him. He doesn't get defensive when someone has a different viewpoint. If you actually took a moment and looked at his registration thread you would realize that I spent a couple of hours screencapturing CRPA's webinar regarding the latest updates. And that was to help others who may decide to register. But you are too busy acting like a jerk to me, you don't even realize that I am opened minded about every option available.

I just haven't been convinced yet that registration works for me and I have the right to express my opinion about it just as you do. Disco, do I insult you just because you don't agree with me? No, I don't. I am only saying that you are acting like a jerk right now because you truly are. Why don't you cool off and check out what I did on C&G's page.
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 08-11-2017, 9:46 PM
DBilleb's Avatar
DBilleb DBilleb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Between 95501 and 92154
Posts: 117
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
...you have no clue what you are talking about. .......At least Cockedandglocked has the maturity and understanding to realize that we can agree to disagree.........But you are too busy acting like a jerk to me.....I am only saying that you are acting like a jerk right now because you truly are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
Disco, do I insult you just because you don't agree with me?
Well...yes you do. See above ^^^^^^
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 08-11-2017, 9:49 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,231
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
Are there any advantages for my grandkids in me registering? Will people who register still be in the fight, or say "well I got mine, should have been smart like me"?
I'd say you can de-register and pass it on. Also, if a Heller type common use argument is used at some point and wins, then registering helped that argument. It's a long shot, but it's worth about as much as any legal theory is that we have at our disposal.

You have to have that conversation with your kids regardless, and it should include an apology for not protecting 2A in CA from all of us, because we let the down. It's a harsh truth.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 08-11-2017, 9:52 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,841
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBilleb View Post
Well...yes you do. See above ^^^^^^
Only in a reply to his insults. You didn't read my whole point. I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
Disco, do I insult you just because you don't agree with me? No, I don't. I am only saying that you are acting like a jerk right now because you truly are. Why don't you cool off and check out what I did on C&G's page.
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 08-11-2017, 9:59 PM
DBilleb's Avatar
DBilleb DBilleb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Between 95501 and 92154
Posts: 117
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
Only in a reply to his insults. You didn't read my whole point. I said:
I can read thanks. Your completely right as usual.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:02 PM
TMB 1's Avatar
TMB 1 TMB 1 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 530
Posts: 4,922
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
I'd say you can de-register and pass it on. Also, if a Heller type common use argument is used at some point and wins, then registering helped that argument. It's a long shot, but it's worth about as much as any legal theory is that we have at our disposal.

You have to have that conversation with your kids regardless, and it should include an apology for not protecting 2A in CA from all of us, because we let the down. It's a harsh truth.
I can not register and pass it on. If I did register. What happens if I pass on before it's de-registered? If common use is needed we are surrounded by states United with CA under the same Constitution where they are common without registration. I would only need to apologize if I do register.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:04 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,231
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
Only in a reply to his insults. You didn't read my whole point. I said:
It's impossible to reason with this stuff, assuming we all enter here as adults capable of discussion. When he gets into a corner and should concede a point or back off blind assumption, he pivots to another topic. He sets up false equivalencies and uses false dilemmas. He gas-lights when there is no other option. He'll take a well worded and reasoned argument and dismiss it as "speculation".

Finally, when people reading this start to laugh, he goes into a "it's my opinion, don't hate me because of my opinion" feint, saying he has been insulted by a bunch of jerks and bullies. Then he asks for information for a conversation and dismisses the information as people bring it forward with little to no explanation or gibberish non-sequitur comments.

All dishonorable tactics. When you can't back up your ideas, this is what you have to resort to.

And that's my opinion, don't insult or hate me for it, lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,231
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
I can not register and pass it on. If I did register. What happens if I pass on before it's de-registered? If common use is needed we are surrounded by states United with CA under the same Constitution where they are common without registration. I would only need to apologize if I do register.
You need to read into common use arguments intra-state. Sure, common use it nationally supported by millions of guns being used freely and lawfully in other states. Hence the concept of numbers supporting the argument.

But what about intra-state? It's easy to make an argument that CA does not want or need AW if there are no AW here, it's simple logic and math. You can't solely rely on other states numbers because States-rights advocates will always be a strong bulwark to any common use argument. It might even be THE reason Heller and McDonald have not yielded fruit from the political Right wing in the USA.

You can de-register and pass on, so there is always an option.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:10 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,841
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
It's impossible to reason with this stuff, assuming we all enter here as adults capable of discussion. When he gets into a corner and should concede a point or back off blind assumption, he pivots to another topic. He sets up false equivalencies and uses false dilemmas. He gas-lights when there is no other option. He'll take a well worded and reasoned argument and dismiss it as "speculation".

Finally, when people reading this start to laugh, he goes into a "it's my opinion, don't hate me because of my opinion" feint, saying he has been insulted by a bunch of jerks and bullies. Then he asks for information for a conversation and dismisses the information as people bring it forward with little to no explanation or gibberish non-sequitur comments.

All dishonorable tactics. When you can't back up your ideas, this is what you have to resort to.

And that's my opinion, don't insult or hate me for it, lol.
The truth is you are insecure about opposing views. It's that simple. You just can't accept that I have a different viewpoint about registering compared to you. And I have NEVER had a problem with your point of view. I just disagree with it working for me and I express that on these forums. That's the difference. You just can't accept it.
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:26 PM
TMB 1's Avatar
TMB 1 TMB 1 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 530
Posts: 4,922
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
You need to read into common use arguments intra-state. Sure, common use it nationally supported by millions of guns being used freely and lawfully in other states. Hence the concept of numbers supporting the argument.

But what about intra-state? It's easy to make an argument that CA does not want or need AW if there are no AW here, it's simple logic and math. You can't solely rely on other states numbers because States-rights advocates will always be a strong bulwark to any common use argument. It might even be THE reason Heller and McDonald have not yielded fruit from the political Right wing in the USA.

You can de-register and pass on, so there is always an option.
If CA is United there is no intra state argument for them. Unless you're saying it's ok for CA to have slaves. We did have a war that ended 151 years ago that said they couldn't. We are all covered under that same Constitution the slaves were. Did they change the Constitution since then so it says it don't apply to CA? Marijuana might be a good states rights argument, it's not in the Constitution. The right to keep and bear arms is in the Constitution.

If I register and I pass on before it is de-registered. What happens? If I was to de-register will my grandkids be able to re-register it?
__________________

Last edited by TMB 1; 08-11-2017 at 10:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,231
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
If CA is United there is no intra state argument for them. Unless you're saying it's ok for CA to have slaves. We did have a war that ended 151 years ago that said they couldn't. We are all covered under that same Constitution the slaves were. Did they change the Constitution since then so it says it don't apply to CA? Marijuana might be a good states rights argument, it's not in the Constitution. The right to keep and bear arms is in the Constitution.

If I register and I pass on before it is de-registered. What happens? If I was to de-register will my grandkids be able to re-register it?
Slavery was not in the constitution until it was outlawed by amendment, so it's a bad analogy.

If you want to make an intra-state argument that uses common use, let's say in a local CA lawsuit, then you need numbers of AW to prove it, and more AW the better. That's just the reality of the argument, and it goes for national common use too. If no one owns AW in CA, even when they were granted a chance to (albeit under duress), then it goes against the argument if there are fewer AW.

I'm not trying to defend common use as some kind of silver bullet, it's as flawed and problematic as many other pro 2A argument, I am just trying to point out how the registration / common use idea would be used.

You can't pass down registered AW, you can only joint register now. Look into it if your kids at 18+.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:51 PM
PMACA_MFG's Avatar
PMACA_MFG PMACA_MFG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: California
Posts: 546
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Disco, I looked at your #1 thru #9 reasons for registering like a cat looks at a salad bar.
I don't think any of them are worth $15.

Meno, I think you should start a new thread and take the first 4 posts for yourself and edit them as the thread progresses. Use those posts to enumerate the pros and cons of registration, featureless etc...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:56 PM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central California
Posts: 5,082
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Attachment 630508
__________________
Anchors Aweigh


Last edited by Mayor McRifle; 09-26-2017 at 9:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:00 PM
TMB 1's Avatar
TMB 1 TMB 1 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 530
Posts: 4,922
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Slavery was not in the constitution until it was outlawed by amendment, so it's a bad analogy.

If you want to make an intra-state argument that uses common use, let's say in a local CA lawsuit, then you need numbers of AW to prove it, and more AW the better. That's just the reality of the argument, and it goes for national common use too. If no one owns AW in CA, even when they were granted a chance to (albeit under duress), then it goes against the argument if there are fewer AW.

I'm not trying to defend common use as some kind of silver bullet, it's as flawed and problematic as many other pro 2A argument, I am just trying to point out how the registration / common use idea would be used.

You can't pass down registered AW, you can only joint register now. Look into it if your kids at 18+.
Yeah, but the civil war wasn't about slavery it was about states rights. The US used slavery to make it about We the Peoples rights under the Constitution no matter what state you are in. That way they were in the right for not letting states leave the Union.

My kid is 24, but my grandkids are underage. If I can't pass on a registered AW. What good does de-registering do?
__________________

Last edited by TMB 1; 08-11-2017 at 11:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:14 PM
HibikiR HibikiR is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: LA County
Posts: 1,464
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
My kid is 24, but my grandkids are underage. If I can't pass on a registered AW. What good does de-registering do?
Your grandkids never had a chance anyway. Doesn't matter what you decide to do with your registered or felony unregistered rifle, they can't legally use either. Since they're limited to featureless or maglock, get off your grampy butt and get them their own rifle when the time comes.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:25 PM
TMB 1's Avatar
TMB 1 TMB 1 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 530
Posts: 4,922
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikiR View Post
Your grandkids never had a chance anyway. Doesn't matter what you decide to do with your registered or felony unregistered rifle, they can't legally use either. Since they're limited to featureless or maglock, get off your grampy butt and get them their own rifle when the time comes.
I already did, they get mine when the time comes and it's not a felony unregistered rifle, it's featureless unregistered rifle. If I were to put features back on it and register then they really never had a chance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:38 PM
HibikiR HibikiR is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: LA County
Posts: 1,464
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

That's not "their own" more like it is "grandpa's hand me down/heirloom"

I get the registered (to be sold out of state when I die) and my kids get the featureless "twin sister"

Last edited by HibikiR; 08-11-2017 at 11:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:44 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,841
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikiR View Post
That's not "their own" more like it is "grandpa's hand me down/heirloom"

I get the registered (to be sold out of state when I die) and my kids get the featureless "twin sister"
There are some that don't have the luxury of having even one rifle let alone more than one. In those cases their choice makes it very difficult.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:49 PM
mr2.0 mr2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 634
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

If you gonna neuter your ar15 with featureless stuff, might as well sell it and buy a mini14
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:52 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,231
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Disco, I looked at your #1 thru #9 reasons for registering like a cat looks at a salad bar.
Cats love salad bars, especially with bacon bits. I don't know I am a dog guy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:57 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,841
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2.0 View Post
If you gonna neuter your ar15 with featureless stuff, might as well sell it and buy a mini14
17 years ago I can understand the purpose for registration. Today we live in a different world and our state leaders are basically lunatics. Registering a BB rifle isn't even close to a standard magazine release to consider preserving imo. Featureless at least allows us to install a regular magazine release. For me between a standard magazine release at the cost of a pistol grip, flash hider and collapsible stock, is worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 08-11-2017, 11:59 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,841
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

And with that being said since I own more than one I also have the new maglocks installed on 7 of my rifles.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:18 AM
HibikiR HibikiR is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: LA County
Posts: 1,464
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Cats love salad bars, especially with bacon bits. I don't know I am a dog guy.
Cats will go after the cheeses and ranch dressing like fiends.



Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
There are some that don't have the luxury of having even one rifle let alone more than one. In those cases their choice makes it very difficult.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Not really. It makes it extremely easy.

For the one rifle:
Pass on, go unregistered.
-or-
Sell, go registered (potentially less additional investment in stocks/wraps/muzzle breaks for better return) unless it's an AK where a grip wrap can be competitively priced.


If you shift the goalposts on finances then guns are the least of your problems. You'd be better off worrying about finding better employment in or out of California.

Last edited by HibikiR; 08-12-2017 at 12:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:23 AM
Crazed_SS's Avatar
Crazed_SS Crazed_SS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 4,008
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
Can you give them to your kids or grandkids? If you can't it'll be two things 100% can't say.
What's with the "give them to your kids" argument?

Featureless is going away as soon as they get around to passing a bill banning all SACF rifles w/ detachable mags. They already did it and it magically got vetoed. They could easily do it again and it probably gets signed this time. They could even use the proposition system and get it done easier and quicker.

No one will be passing down M1As, Mini14s, or grip-finned ARs.


If there's one thing that I've learned in dealing with guns in CA is that EVERYTHING is temporary... Whatever you think is a "safe" way out right now can and will be banned just when you've got used to the status quo.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:35 AM
curtisfong's Avatar
curtisfong curtisfong is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,529
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
The truth is you are insecure about opposing views. It's that simple. You just can't accept that I have a different viewpoint about registering compared to you. And I have NEVER had a problem with your point of view. I just disagree with it working for me and I express that on these forums. That's the difference. You just can't accept it.
Every single thing you said above applies to yourself; I have fixed your post accordingly:

Quote:
The truth is I am insecure about opposing views. It's that simple. I just can't accept that you have a different viewpoint about registering compared to me. You just disagree with it working for you and you express that on these forums. I just can't accept it.
__________________
The Rifle on the Wall

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome

Last edited by curtisfong; 08-12-2017 at 12:37 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:38 AM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,841
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Every single thing you said above applies to yourself. I have fixed your post accordingly.
C.F. show me in any post from the past where I would be defensive simply because of a disagreement? I know you won't find anything but why don't you try to prove your point.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:42 AM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,841
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

And show me where I insult disco for the sole purpose of disagreeing with him. You will NOT find such a post.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:44 AM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,231
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
C.F. show me in any post from the past where I would be defensive simply because of a disagreement? I know you won't find anything but why don't you try to prove your point.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Why do you always personalize everything? Put on the man's pants and discuss the issues on their merit. When I trash your ideas you claim it's a personal insult, it's just silly. It's just another redirect because you are out of ideas.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:44 AM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,841
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

When someone lies, I will call them out.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:55 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.