Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 09-08-2010, 6:31 PM

Question How do you install a Fixed Tapco Sks Magazine?

How do you install one? There are no internet posting or pictures of this. We are talking about installing the fixed 10 round tapco magazine with locking pin. How does it lock in place with the locking pin? Will it fall out like the original 10 rounder if you release the magazine release on the bottom? Or will it stay put.

I hear comments about installing them but never how to. I don't want to hear leave the sks alone. This is about compliance issues and needing to replace my friend's fixed magazine with a new one. His original fixed takes 11 so he needs to replace.

He just bought it like 4 weeks ago, norinco sks. Took it to the desert and 11, an unlucky number.

Last edited by dmcag69; 09-08-2010 at 6:40 PM..
Old 09-08-2010, 6:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: Northern Mexico(San Jose) Where illegals have rights and citizens get screwed

Remove your trigger pack, take the mag out and replace with the tapco mag and reinstall your trigger pack.
The others, well......they just never learn.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
Patrick Henry.
Old 09-08-2010, 6:43 PM
Veteran Member

mag goes in and then trigger pack sits on top of magazine, making it non-detachable.
Old 09-08-2010, 6:50 PM

Thank you guys.
Old 09-08-2010, 7:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcag69 View Post
How do you install one? There are no internet posting or pictures of this. We are talking about installing the fixed 10 round tapco magazine with locking pin. How does it lock in place with the locking pin? Will it fall out like the original 10 rounder if you release the magazine release on the bottom? Or will it stay put.

I hear comments about installing them but never how to. I don't want to hear leave the sks alone. This is about compliance issues and needing to replace my friend's fixed magazine with a new one. His original fixed takes 11 so he needs to replace.

He just bought it like 4 weeks ago, norinco sks. Took it to the desert and 11, an unlucky number.
Lots of stock sks rifles will hold 11 rounds. I have never heard of anyone being arrested for this as that is the way the rifle was originally sold. I would think if your buddy is worried about it he could put a gob of JB weld in the bottom of the mag to limit how far the follower can go down. Mark
Old 09-09-2010, 6:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

ATF knows about the 11 rounds in some SKS mags and so far I havent heard anyone getting popped for it. My SKS will only hold 10 rounds.
Pop out the trigger group. Remove old mag. Insert new mag. reinstall the trigger group.

Personally tell him to save h1s money. Leave the factory mag in and go shoot it.
Old 09-09-2010, 9:58 AM

Also, it's easier when the rifle is held upright, and the bolt is open.
Old 01-23-2013, 1:31 AM

Default i need one! please!!!!!

hi im new to this forum, but i am trying to find a fixed 10rd tapco mag for my sks. i have looked all over and i cant seem to find one. anyone know where i can??????
Old 01-23-2013, 5:07 AM
Calguns Addict

as far as i am concerned a SKS mag is FIXED. i mean you must take the rifle apart to remove it. am i missing something ? what will the tapco 10 round mag do that my SKS mag will not do.