Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-13-2021, 9:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmc0844spare View Post

Honestly, most of these guys just want an excuse to play dress up and show off their tacti-nerd gear.

"But I'll just show up with my Remington 700 and a MAGA shirt on!"

Great. But, the 3 overweight slobs who show up in plate carriers, mag pouches, helmets, punisher skull hoodies, and carrying AK47s are gonna be the ones EVERYONE takes pictures of.

^^^^ Winner winner chicken dinner. That is the problem "play dress up". Showing up with a well thought out sign and chant is the choice optic. NOT DOING ANYTHING ILLEGAL is the required behavior! Again, "just because you can do something doesn't mean you should..."

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 01-13-2021 at 9:43 AM..
Old 01-13-2021, 9:44 AM

No way would I attend a protest and be armed. The leftists and professional antifa/blm will surely be infiltrating any demonstrations and causing problems that the media and tech will use to smear good honest people more...
Old 01-13-2021, 9:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleofnowhere View Post
No way would I attend a protest and be armed. The leftists and professional antifa/blm will surely be infiltrating any demonstrations and causing problems that the media and tech will use to smear good honest people more...
I would be willing to bet a fair amount of money that the Antifa/leftists are colluding with the media in advance of any protests to make sure the cameras are there for "spinnable events"

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 01-13-2021 at 10:08 AM..
Old 01-13-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
I would be willing to bet a fair amount of money that the Antifa/leftists are colluding with the media in advance of any protests to make sure the cameras are there for "spinnable events"
Thats how its been all of last summer. A sympathetic media providing selective and out of context coverage that reinforced the intended narrative. That's why antifa actively went after reporters and people with cameras (who werent on board with them) in order to control the optics.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd_Ball View Post
Thats how its been all of last summer. A sympathetic media providing selective and out of context coverage that reinforced the intended narrative. That's why antifa actively went after reporters and people with cameras (who werent on board with them) in order to control the optics.
And all the MAGA armchair warriors are going to get dressed up in their chinese made kit, parade with their SKS's and continue to give aid and assistance the the enemy in the name of "their rights"...

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 01-13-2021, 1:03 PM

This reeks of another setup. Don't go!
Old 01-13-2021, 1:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Great. But, the 3 overweight slobs who show up in plate carriers, mag pouches, helmets, punisher skull hoodies, and carrying AK47s are gonna be the ones EVERYONE takes pictures of.
Here's the image that everyone is going to remember about the Capitol "mostly peaceful" protest:

All I can say is... don't go to any of these fake events.
Old 01-13-2021, 1:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbopanda View Post
Thank goodness there are people with a brain who recognize this. Anyone who willingly abandons strategic thinking in favor of bravado is a liability in politics. If the fallout following the events in DC didn't make that clear enough to everyone, then perhaps we are truly lost.
True, but the strategies must change and evolve to make them effective.

The "strategy" of "we will vote and use the courts that are loaded against us to get 2A rights" didn't work. It's been 10 years since the last 2A ruling by SCOTUS. We had to get the courts sorted out first as part of the strategy, and that included not playing nice with the other side, making sure Cavanaugh got through and replacing RBG before election. Can you imagine RBG's seat still being open right now?

As others pointed out, armed protests make as much sense as brandishing in public because that's what they are - sending a message through displaying firearms. However, it doesn't mean we don't get to protest or that we have to be defenseless or nice. Just that brandishing is always a bad idea.
Old 01-13-2021, 2:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Do not attend 2A armed protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
Here's the image that everyone is going to remember about the Capitol "mostly peaceful" protest:

No, it will be the one below.

I’ll never look at a “thin blue line” flag the same way again. The MAGA crowd hijacked that long ago and lost the right to wave it (hide behind it) in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Doheny; 01-13-2021 at 2:38 PM..
Old 01-13-2021, 3:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post

I’ll never look at a “thin blue line” flag the same way again. The MAGA crowd hijacked that long ago and lost the right to wave it (hide behind it) in my opinion.
Funny how gun owning democrat hypocrites like you and actually, ALL democrats, us not to judge all the BLM protestors by the actions of a supposed few and here you are blaming 74 million for the actions of a few thousand. You are one of the most intellectually dishonest people in this forum...and no surprise you voted for Harris/Biden.

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 01-13-2021 at 4:18 PM..
Old 01-13-2021, 3:33 PM

Quote:

Since were talking opinions, mine is you have lost the right to view anything other than dirt.

Old 01-13-2021, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratchett View Post
It should be a felony to attend an organized political protest with face covering or a firearm.

No rights are without limits. None. This $h1t is going to spiral completely out of control, and we are going to wake up in Rwanda because of this hyper-partisan tribalism, with all its ideological purity tests and militarism on both sides.

If you believe armed political protests are going to end well, you're absolutely wrong by any metric. God help us.
This is the most wise post of incite and maturity, common sense, moral compass, echoing what our founding fathers would want, and I agree with ,"god help us" with all the extremist thinking on our side. WAKE THE F___K UP FELLOW GUN OWNERS. You morons are going to F__K it up for us like the open carry idiots did. Go ahead, yell fire in a theater because you have freedom of speech. STUPID MOTHER F_____ers.
Old 01-13-2021, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogxtz View Post
This is the most wise post of incite and maturity, common sense, moral compass, echoing what our founding fathers would want, and I agree with ,"god help us" with all the extremist thinking on our side. WAKE THE F___K UP FELLOW GUN OWNERS. You morons are going to F__K it up for us like the open carry idiots did. Go ahead, yell fire in a theater because you have freedom of speech. STUPID MOTHER F_____ers.

No real gun owners have posted or promoted attending a political protest armed.

You are being manipulated just like half of the country.

While I believe it is a narrative and I believe some might do it and I believe even if only one shows up the left will use it to paint all gun owners with a broad brush and cite it as the reason to take our guns, I don’t believe this is a Patriot movement so take your tone down a couple notches.

Our rights will get taken, as they already have, but it won’t be “our” fault even if it is “reported” as such.

Why don’t you heed your own advice and have some common sense because it is you that sounds like the “STUPID MOTHER FU€%ER!”

Old 01-13-2021, 7:13 PM

while we are all arguing, leftist are laughing to bill passing office together...
Old 01-13-2021, 7:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfresh View Post
while we are all arguing, leftist are laughing to bill passing office together...
Huh?

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 01-14-2021, 1:24 AM

I believe that Johnny Cash said it best in 1958, with the lyrics:

"Don't take your guns to town son
Leave your guns at home Bill
Don't take your guns to town"

When things go astray, without forewarning, it's best to be at home, rather than acting as a target for misadventure.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:25 AM
Village idiot
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemoe1 View Post
Of course Californians think it’s a bad idea, they’ve lost their sense of the 2A and have become cuckholded by the state policies they abide by. Cowards. Can’t wait to go to the AZ one
It seems the left blanket statement with those they disagree with is that we are "racists/bigots/intolerant".

And for CG, "cuck" - seems to be the blanket statement for anyone who is disagreed with. Sigh...

Sometimes a trap is just a trap.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4tu3gc.jpg (62.4 KB, 182 views)
Old 01-14-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuff View Post
It seems the left blanket statement with those they disagree with is that we are "racists/bigots/intolerant".

And for CG, "cuck" - seems to be the blanket statement for anyone who is disagreed with. Sigh...

Sometimes a trap is just a trap.

Yup... some of Calguns is pretty much the right wing equivalent of BLM, and there are definitely a few crazy town elements here analogous to antifa.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:40 PM

The left doesn't need to run PSYOPs (Phychological Operations) for right-wing minded people to do stupid stuff. We have enough immature and ignorant dudes on our side. The challenge will be keeping our own idiots in line.

Our public image or "optics" could use a makeover!
Old 01-14-2021, 12:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishootforblood View Post
The left doesn't need to run PSYOPs (Phychological Operations) for right-wing minded people to do stupid stuff. We have enough immature and ignorant dudes on our side. The challenge will be keeping our own idiots in line.

Our public image or "optics" could use a makeover!
^^^^ Exactly! We don't control the media to keep our morons under wraps like the leftists have done with theirs.

Both sides are cursed with morons, theirs never make the news and ours ALWAYS make the news!

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 01-14-2021, 1:10 PM
Village idiot
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
^^^^ Exactly! We don't control the media to keep our morons under wraps like the leftists have done with theirs.

Both sides are cursed with morons, theirs never make the news and ours ALWAYS make the news!
I'm not sure, I think the left morons do make the news. Just the media candy coats them, and sometimes puts them on a pedestal.
Old 01-14-2021, 1:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuff View Post
I'm not sure, I think the left morons do make the news. Just the media candy coats them, and sometimes puts them on a pedestal.
^^^^ That too...

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 01-14-2021, 1:29 PM

Looks like America (and Calguns?) is divided into three groups...those who support rule by the crown (the Democrats), those who vehemently oppose it and are ready to fight for their freedom, and those who will go along with the winner and don't want to soil their hands in the fight. But whether you think this is a Revolutionary War or a Civil War...sooner or later everyone will have to chose sides.
Old 01-14-2021, 5:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnireland View Post
Looks like America (and Calguns?) is divided into three groups...those who support rule by the crown (the Democrats), those who vehemently oppose it and are ready to fight for their freedom, and those who will go along with the winner and don't want to soil their hands in the fight. But whether you think this is a Revolutionary War or a Civil War...sooner or later everyone will have to chose sides.
And the fourth group, those of us waiting to follow all the keyboard revolutionaries over the hill...

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 01-14-2021, 10:50 PM

Smile Yay!

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post
[/B]

I respectfully disagree. Two years ago I moved to Arizona and the first time I walked into a Walmart there was a young couple open carrying their pistols.

I stood there looking at them for a moment and said to my wife, look at that, if this was California shoppers would be screaming and running down the aisles and S.W.A.T. would be on their way.

Nobody cared. Everyone in this area is used to this. I ended up having a conversation that day with a man carrying his pistol in the vegetable section.

In the last 2 years I have had compliments on my SIG in public and have responded in kind when a see a fellow Arizonan carrying a sidearm I admire.

I've been to barbeques were everyone is carrying and the owner of the local gun shop (ex-cop) told me for every one you see there are 20 concealed.

I usually carry concealed unless I'm riding my motorcycle.

The point is, if it freaks out soccer moms they aren't vocal about it. Guns are accepted here. You see firearms everywhere. Its just no big deal. Anti's are in the minority.

And the freedom just feels so good.

The first pistol I bought here was accompanied by a free box of ammo. The owner of the shop made an announcement to all the other customers that I had broke free from California and let me pick whatever brand I wanted.

Oh yeah, I was out of the store in 45 minutes, but seriously 20 of that was spent shooting the breeze.

I could go on and on with examples like buying face to face, or the first time I got stopped for speeding I tried to tell the officer I had a firearm and he said, "I dont give a damn about your firearm, you were speeding!"

A lot of people in California have been beat up for so long they have no idea what its like to be free and their attitudes are defeatist.

If you can get the hell out, do it. The gun forums here are very small. No one has anything to ***** about.

I just wanted to let you know how much I thoroughly enjoyed your post. Thank you. I was planning to retire at the end of last year but decided to hang on to my job until this madness subsided a bit. Mrs. BassCliff and I want badly to move away from this leftist bog of eternal stench.

I heartily recommend staying away from any armed protests in this state. Until the voters here learn to vote properly this state will continue to have legislators who are self-serving elitists and care nothing about true freedom and liberty. The educational system and media are overrun with agenda-driven automatons and I see no end in sight. Until it collapses under the weight of its own tax burden, illegal immigrant population, and business/economic loss there will be no change. Of course, by then it might go total socialist/communist. I hope not. It's a beautiful state.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
John 3:16-17
Old 01-14-2021, 11:47 PM

Good thing our founders didnt worry about all this “optics” crap. Can you imagine when the red coats came marching for their guns if they had said- “just keep your guns hidden and lets wait for the courts to come around. Dont do anything crazy or the newspapers will put us in a bad light”

And protesting while armed should be a felony????

Exercising two Rights at the same time criminal? We are doomed with that attitude.

Yeah just lay low, vote, donate, wait for courts bla bla, its been working soooo well all these years. Like Rs thinking “reaching accross the isle” will win them points. Be nice, look good and the media wont make us look bad. Mmmkay lol
Old 01-15-2021, 9:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnra View Post
Good thing our founders didnt worry about all this “optics” crap. Can you imagine when the red coats came marching for their guns if they had said- “just keep your guns hidden and lets wait for the courts to come around. Dont do anything crazy or the newspapers will put us in a bad light”
I urge you to take a moment, leave the bubble of Parler or whatever similar news/opinion sites you read, and look at the mainstream media, THAT THE MAJORITY OF THIS COUNTRY USES, and look at how the capitol thing is being portrayed. THAT is the take on this that the majority of the country is going to go with.

Use your imagination for 2 seconds and TRY to consider that MAYBE, just MAYBE, people should not do things that the media will use to align them with proud boys and boogies (or whatever). Put yourself in the shoes of Joe Latte for just one second and imagine what he will think and how he will subsequently VOTE.

Try not to figuratively shoot yourself in the foot.

Also, comparisons to the revolutionary war are becoming increasingly irrelevant. Don't underestimate the power that the internet age has brought to anyone who has the ear of the populace. And above all, don't forget that there is a HUGE difference in the perception of a populace of an OUTSIDE invader vs domestic politics. In 1776 we fought a war against an unfair and powerful overlord that was "different" from us and, aside from troops already present, all the way across an ocean. It's been historically easy to rally a population to fight an actual invader or foreign force. This is about American citizen vs American citizen and I think it's bloody tragic.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
I urge you to take a moment, leave the bubble of Parler or whatever similar news/opinion sites you read, and look at the mainstream media, THAT THE MAJORITY OF THIS COUNTRY USES, and look at how the capitol thing is being portrayed. THAT is the take on this that the majority of the country is going to go with.

Use your imagination for 2 seconds and TRY to consider that MAYBE, just MAYBE, people should not do things that the media will use to align them with proud boys and boogies (or whatever). Put yourself in the shoes of Joe Latte for just one second and imagine what he will think and how he will subsequently VOTE.

Also, comparisons to the revolutionary war are becoming increasingly irrelevant. Don't underestimate the power that the internet age has brought to anyone who has the ear of the populace. And above all, don't forget that there is a HUGE difference in the perception of a populace of an OUTSIDE invader vs domestic politics. In 1776 we fought a war against an unfair and powerful overlord that was "different" from us and, aside from troops already present, all the way across an ocean. It's been historically easy to rally a population to fight an actual invader or foreign force. This is about American citizen vs American citizen and I think it's bloody tragic.
If you think that conservatives/gun owners can do ANYTHING that will make the liberal media show them in a good light you are insane.

Conservatives are increasingly no longer worried about how they are portrayed. In war the only thing that matters is who wins.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:

I do watch as much MSM as I can handle... which admittedly, isn’t very much. But it is a great idea to hear what the sheep are being told so as to know how to combat it.

Wether or not “people do things that the media will use” to spin their narrative... it doesn’t matter, anything we do will be spun. There comes a point where some people just will become that which they are portrayed because... why not?

What would you call all of the politicians bought and paid for by CCP money, to include our President Elect?

Would there be more pushback if instead of hundreds of “American” politicians they were replaced by CCP Generals?

If there would be then there should be because even though they’re not CCP Generals, they are CCP proxies. Hell, Erik Swallows-well was sleeping with a Chinese spy for over a year and what has happened???

We have been infiltrated by a foreign government and the takeover is almost complete.

Even “big tech” is using CCP style censorship and propaganda to prop up the CCP shills that “represent” US.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup half full View Post
If you think that conservatives/gun owners can do ANYTHING that will make the liberal media show them in a good light you are insane.

Conservatives are increasingly no longer worried about how they are portrayed. In war the only thing that matters is who wins.
It's one thing to not care how you are portrayed. It's quite another to do PURPOSELY something that you KNOW will make you look worse. It's not about influencing the media to make us look nice. It's about not giving them MORE stuff make us look as bad as they already portray us.

If you seriously think you are at war (like, a SHOOTING WAR), I oppose you. I am NOT on your side.

If you are talking about a war of WORDS, that is fine, but your strategy for winning it is.... completely oblivious to how to win it.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:41 AM

You can't defend your family and your freedom in jail. The only thing you will defend is your poo hole.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:

If you seriously think you are at war (like, a SHOOTING WAR), I oppose you. I am NOT on your side.

If you are talking about a war of WORDS, that is fine, but your strategy for winning it is.... completely oblivious to how to win it.

You only have a gun and a 2nd Amendment because of WAR and killing the people who tried to take it away.

But at least we know whose side you are on now.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanejsl View Post
You can't defend your family and your freedom in jail. The only thing you will defend is your poo hole.
and communists know you cant defend yourself at all with no guns.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You only have a gun and a 2nd Amendment because of WAR and killing the people who tried to take it away.

A true tough guy. A member for less than 24 hours and a single digit post count.

Old 01-15-2021, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
A true tough guy. A member for less than 24 hours and a single digit post count.

geez sorry, i thought this was a forum to post on
Old 01-15-2021, 12:55 PM

Quote:
It's one thing to not care how you are portrayed. It's quite another to do PURPOSELY something that you KNOW will make you look worse. It's not about influencing the media to make us look nice. It's about not giving them MORE stuff make us look as bad as they already portray us.

Devil Dawg.... what is the US’s first strike when invading a country?

Communications. Then infrastructure and supply. I know I am missing some but you get the gist.

Well, what did Twatter/IG/FB and other social media/tech companies do?

Took out communications from their enemies.... er... I mean, opposition.... I mean, domestic terrorists.

By them censoring over 100 million accounts, that was their first OVERT declaration of war. This isn’t rocket science.

And your “war of words” reference. How can there be one when one side has been censored?

Semper Fidelis

Old 01-15-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Does that make his argument less credible?

Is this one of those instances when “if you can’t attack the message, attack the messenger”?

Old 01-15-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanejsl View Post

You won’t have a family if they win. They have been teaching to “decentralize the family” for decades now.

Old 01-15-2021, 3:29 PM

Quote:

Yes, the non-psycho side.
Old 01-15-2021, 5:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf & Turf View Post
The Democrats have played this game very well!
the Democraps are years ahead of the game and leagues in front of the political moves of the political center and right. Time to figure out how to survive the purges, not willingly volunteer to be ambushed.