Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 12-06-2018, 8:50 PM

Default Burro Canyon and a Ransom rest

Hi guys I want to setup a ransom rest and shoot some 1911 and smith N frames.

I called and the guy "matt" said its ok to use there and I asked how thick are the benches he did not know.

So my question will my c lamps work to hold down the rest?

I have 6 inch clamps to clamp the rest that is mounted on 1 inch plywood will they fit?

Or how thick are the benches make sense?

Thanks
Old 12-07-2018, 9:05 AM

They should work as the benches are about 2 inches thick? Sort of like wooden picnic benches.

Come on out tomorrow for the No Nam Pistol Club fun match and you can try them out.

It’s December again, and time for our annual World War II commemorative match, so bring out your Garands, Mausers, Moisins, and 1911s. You get bonus points for any firearm used by any combatants from 1939 to 1945 (and we’ll be very generous in determining what firearms qualify!). Given the weather today, we should be able to use our steel targets. You can bring whatever you like to shoot if you do not have WWII guns. We have the range all day so you can continue to shoot on the private rented range all day after the match, too.

Do not check in at the range office but with us at the first private range on the right as you enter the grounds, across from the range office.
Old 12-07-2018, 9:07 PM

thanks would love to come out again but will not be in area till week after Christmas I did have fun months ago when I was out.

Bruce