Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-22-2013, 2:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
why would anyone be selling
Throughout modern history registration of firearms has been used as a beginning tactic to eventually commit mass murder by political leaders. Registration can lead to disarming people and once the populace is defenseless it makes it much easier for the government to control those people.

People don't like the government knowing what they own....
Old 03-22-2013, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmckean44 View Post
So it would be $35 total per gun? That would cost me a fortune.
Is that $35 a one time fee or a annual rolling fee?
Old 03-22-2013, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
why would anyone be selling
Who the hell would want to be on a govt list that says you own an "assault weapon"? Imagine if it were to become public like those journos did with CCW holders and handgun owners. For many people, the consequences could be life altering in their personal and professional lives.
Old 03-22-2013, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foregone View Post
Who the hell would want to be on a govt list that says you own an "assault weapon"? Imagine if it were to become public like those journos did with CCW holders and handgun owners. For many people, the consequences could be life altering in their personal and professional lives.
I don't like people knowing what weapons I own, but I could care less if my peers found out If I owned an assault weapon (personal defense weapons ).

Its like my buddies whom are liberals who own AR15s; they are ashamed to admit they own one to there other liberal buddies. Thats why we have this legal debacle in the first place. When you say AR15 its like the boogie man just came knocking; we only have ourselves to blame that the AR15 is the boogie man word. Cause we let that happen over the past three decades. Time to fix that.

Its a image/label issue thats gone out of proportion. When CNN talks about the AWB they talk about flame throwers, bazukas, and the weapon of war aka AR15. Why do they bring in flame throwers and bazukas into the debate; that always got into my nerves cause those words that are irrelevant to a AWB play into peoples emotions to support an AWB.

Its just like hunters who hide behind the shadow of hunting and there hunting rifles; those hunting rifles will be painted as sniper rifles in the coming years.

Last edited by Khyber; 03-22-2013 at 11:04 PM..
Old 03-22-2013, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djload View Post
Exactly, this is all about being who the puppet master is, but it doesnt stop there. They also want to disarm the public so that if they decide to declare martial law, we will all be so easily controlled. That was why the 2nd ammendment was made so that there will be equality in power "shall not be infringed".
Sadly society today doesn't see the 2nd amendment as a balance of power, but a nuisance. They think the 2nd amendment is there for hunting and sporting.
Old 03-22-2013, 3:42 PM

People, the time is here.

I will no longer follow the law.
Old 03-22-2013, 4:13 PM
Calguns Addict

I'd like to hear those who think CA is such a great state tell me how this happening in so many other states (CO the new liberal flight zone is exempt from my comment as are the liberal bastions NY and NJ). And I say this as one who is socially liberal (as in one's own "business" not harming others) but cannot stand the liberal position on my liberties any longer.
Old 03-22-2013, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E View Post
Guys, Remember...

Dont help them fix their bill. There are always obvious errors from our perspective that they might not notice (until they browse these forums).

The worse its written the easier it is to get it tossed in court.
Here we go again. Many posters on this fourm are going to help these gun grabbers write better bills (better for their agenda, not our's) by asking detailed questions about how the bill would be applied in their "unique" situations. On this thread alone I have already noted a number of these self destructive questions. I was recently guilty of this on another thread. Fortunately, I was rebuked by by another poster who opened my eyes. So, I have joined the campaign to educate those unthinking among us to please think before they post. I'll repeat what I said on that other thread after I was corrected. And I'll keep posting it until it starts to penetrate some of the skulls of those who can't seem to help themselves.

"We are entering the critical period when these bills will be debated, amended, and either rejected or passed on to the governor. Last year with SB249, I watched in horror, as contributors to this forum posted questions and criticisms that assisted the author of the bill in rewriting his proposed legislation into a more lethal attack on our Second Amendment rights. Many tried to warn these posters to stop it. But these anxiety ridden foolish people just couldn't control themselves. And, today, it appears they still can't stop.

There needs to be some kind of built-in delay on postings to allow the moderators of this forum enough time to screen out the dangerous stuff.

Until then I'll ask these offenders one more time to: STOP IT! THINK BEFORE YOU POST! FIRST ASK YOURSELF WHETHER IT WILL HELP OR HURT OUR CAUSE. AND, MOST IMPORTANT, IF IN DOUBT – DON'T POST IT!"
Old 03-22-2013, 4:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevied View Post
They're a horrible choice for home protection. One shot without ear protection inside a house? Let me know how that works out for you. And don't mind if you miss and your neighbor gets a 556 round through their wall.
let us know how a pistol is better or a shotgun. either way your hearing is messed up for a while.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 03-22-2013, 4:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
The opposition doesn't care about "your" individual rifles.

Honestly they could care less about registration rates either. The strategy is "software" based, not "hardware" centric. The game plan isn't necessarily getting every weapon on paper-for all intents and purposes in California that's already the case.

No, the game plan is making gun ownership a royal pain in the azz for the layperson. If exercising your 2nd Amendment rights requires licenses, background checks, expensive fees and onerous waiting periods, most laypeople and newcomers won't bother with the process. THATS the key, because long term that reduces the number of gun owners in a given social area.

The anti's then let time do the rest. As people move out and grow old , so too will the 2nd Amendment in CA. The anti's don't need to send trucks out with SWAT teams to collect your guns; they'll just ban everything and wait 10 years. Your hardware will be in three places at this point: hidden behind wall spackle, in a storage or home out of state, or in a police evidence locker.

When the coup de grace of a total ban is offered for consideration at the Capitol, it'll pass with flying colors and applause from the population. Why? Because there won't be anyone left to oppose it!
straight out of the Brady's gun control handbook.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 03-22-2013, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
How about a banner over Hwy 80 on the Berkeley pedestrian walkway? There's usually somebody up there with a political message for the many thousands of daily commuters, why not one that's tastefully pro-gun? And it's right in the backyard of Hancock, Skinner, Bonta, etc.

I'm willing to roll up my sleeves and help make it happen. I don't have any experience with this and I would like some senior CGF/CGN advice on what message would be effective.
I can help out with designing the banner. pm me if youre interested.
Old 03-22-2013, 4:40 PM

Looks like I'm going to have to try and get out of here a few days early. I'm scheduled to depart this great state on July, 7 2014. My rifles will definitely be out of state by then.
Old 03-22-2013, 4:47 PM

would like to see that banner really soon...and hopefully more, a whole lot more of those....
Old 03-22-2013, 4:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
The opposition doesn't care about "your" individual rifles.

Honestly they could care less about registration rates either. The strategy is "software" based, not "hardware" centric. The game plan isn't necessarily getting every weapon on paper-for all intents and purposes in California that's already the case.

No, the game plan is making gun ownership a royal pain in the azz for the layperson. If exercising your 2nd Amendment rights requires licenses, background checks, expensive fees and onerous waiting periods, most laypeople and newcomers won't bother with the process. THATS the key, because long term that reduces the number of gun owners in a given social area.

The anti's then let time do the rest. As people move out and grow old , so too will the 2nd Amendment in CA. The anti's don't need to send trucks out with SWAT teams to collect your guns; they'll just ban everything and wait 10 years. Your hardware will be in three places at this point: hidden behind wall spackle, in a storage or home out of state, or in a police evidence locker.

When the coup de grace of a total ban is offered for consideration at the Capitol, it'll pass with flying colors and applause from the population. Why? Because there won't be anyone left to oppose it!
^^^^This 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavey View Post
Here we go again. Many posters on this fourm are going to help these gun grabbers write better bills (better for their agenda, not our's) by asking detailed questions about how the bill would be applied in their "unique" situations. On this thread alone I have already noted a number of these self destructive questions. I was recently guilty of this on another thread. Fortunately, I was rebuked by by another poster who opened my eyes. So, I have joined the campaign to educate those unthinking among us to please think before they post. I'll repeat what I said on that other thread after I was corrected. And I'll keep posting it until it starts to penetrate some of the skulls of those who can't seem to help themselves.

"We are entering the critical period when these bills will be debated, amended, and either rejected or passed on to the governor. Last year with SB249, I watched in horror, as contributors to this forum posted questions and criticisms that assisted the author of the bill in rewriting his proposed legislation into a more lethal attack on our Second Amendment rights. Many tried to warn these posters to stop it. But these anxiety ridden foolish people just couldn't control themselves. And, today, it appears they still can't stop.

There needs to be some kind of built-in delay on postings to allow the moderators of this forum enough time to screen out the dangerous stuff.

Until then I'll ask these offenders one more time to: STOP IT! THINK BEFORE YOU POST! FIRST ASK YOURSELF WHETHER IT WILL HELP OR HURT OUR CAUSE. AND, MOST IMPORTANT, IF IN DOUBT – DON'T POST IT!"
Moles are at work. Baiting the conversation.
Old 03-22-2013, 5:03 PM

Please contact me if you guys need an additional help designing banners, t-shirts, flyers for this cause.
Old 03-22-2013, 5:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
so WTF out pistols are now assault weapons?
No, read it again if your not sure. I don't see any change to handguns.
Old 03-22-2013, 5:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InGrAM View Post
Throughout modern history registration of firearms has been used as a beginning tactic to eventually commit mass murder by political leaders. Registration can lead to disarming people and once the populace is defenseless it makes it much easier for the government to control those people.

People don't like the government knowing what they own....
so your solution to not give up your guns is to sell your guns

the other solution, and it seemed obvious enough to 90% of the owners last time around, is that if you dont want to end up on the list you just dont register it and dont talk to people about it
Old 03-22-2013, 5:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug74 View Post
As I read the bill currently, I think that would follow. However, I could have sworn one of those other jokers also had a bill that would have required the magazines on all semi-auto rifles to be truely fixed whether registered or not. I went back to try to find it but can't seem to now. Maybe I'm mistaken or they just merged or otherwise ammended the bill. It's next to impossible to keep this crap straight.

What does seem clear, though, is that if this passes, after July 1st, 2014, any new semi-auto sold in Ca will not only have to be featurless, but will have to have a truely fixed magazine of 10 or less round capacity. I'm not sure such an animal even currently exists.
No, not after July 1, 2014. It's after Dec. 31, 2013.

January 1 - July 1, 2014 is the registration period. You would have had to acquired it prior to January 1, 2014. Therefore anything acquired on or after January 1, 2014 would need to meet the new definition.

I still don't understand 100% about the BB. I read it a few times and the language isn't 100% clear to me.

I "think" it's worded such that your rifles in question would need to meet the definition at the time you purchased them. IOW, if your BB was required at the time you purchased it then that is how it would need to remain if you register it between Jan 1 - July 1, 2014.

History has proven that the majority of people won't register or turn in their weapons. They will be keep them stashed away, kept secret and passed down to next generations.
Old 03-22-2013, 6:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittty View Post
No, not after July 1, 2014. It's after Dec. 31, 2013.

January 1 - July 1, 2014 is the registration period. You would have had to acquired it prior to January 1, 2014. Therefore anything acquired on or after January 1, 2014 would need to meet the new definition.

I still don't understand 100% about the BB. I read it a few times and the language isn't 100% clear to me.

I "think" it's worded such that your rifles in question would need to meet the definition at the time you purchased them. IOW, if your BB was required at the time you purchased it then that is how it would need to remain if you register it between Jan 1 - July 1, 2014.

History has proven that the majority of people won't register or turn in their weapons. They will be keep them stashed away, kept secret and passed down to next generations.
Except the " next generation" will all be brainwashed hoplophobes. For a recent example, a UK home buyer happily phoned the police when he discovered a collection of preserved vintage firearms hidden inside the walls of his new abode.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 03-22-2013, 9:39 PM

I'm not a lawyer, but I easily see 5-6 different points that can be argued in courts as unconstitutional (separate from the 2A of course). If you see it too, shut up. Let's try to beat them in the legislative process. If that fails, their mistakes can be beat in court.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooDSMeaR View Post
Well gunbroker out of state guy's will be happy with the sudden influx of rifles for sale from CA....

well i'm not selling or giving anything up.these gun grabbing libtards can go and eat a big dick! as far as i'm concerned .
Old 03-22-2013, 11:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0150r View Post
Could they compare DROS's to the list of registered firearms to find out who hasn't registered theirs and then file a bench warrant for their arrest? If so, what happens to someone who moved out of state? Does this mean I need to "un-register" my CA purchased firearm when I move back to Wisconsin this August to avoid being labeled as a criminal? Being charged for felony related to firearms (even if it's dropped) is enough these days to be stripped of our 2nd ammendment rights.
Longguns aren't registered in CA at this time.

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 03-23-2013, 1:08 AM

Old 03-23-2013, 2:01 AM
Veteran Member

sounds like this opens up RAW again.. once RAW you can't xfer to anyone.. hence trust.

once raw. its RAW . so no more rules xcept NFA.

If this passes. I'm not sure how much more patience i will have.

There will be organization of the ..........
-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

The Battle of Athens was illegal too.
Old 03-23-2013, 9:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittty View Post

It looks to me that if there is any kind of removable magazine (and another evil feature), then the rifle would have to be registered. Thus, it appears that the bullet button will be irrelevant, depending upon how the courts interpret "permanently attached to". Unfortunately, since it is clear what the legistlature is trying to do, if this proposed law is otherwise constitutional, that part of it will get a pass.

This proposed law also implies that people who register their bullet button rifles will be able to exchange the bullet button for a regular magazine release.
Old 03-23-2013, 9:40 AM

So did this POS bill really pass? Do I now have to register my BB'ed WASR?
"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military." - William S. Burroughs
Old 03-23-2013, 9:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Old 03-23-2013, 2:28 PM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

So what committee is currently hearing this and who should we be calling to complain about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
Longguns aren't registered in CA at this time.
No, but all they have to do is audit 4473s at the dealers to figure out who has what, and then start making calls if/when that rifle doesn't end up registered.
Old 03-23-2013, 2:45 PM
Calguns Addict

That would be a real cluster as well. Imagine how many folks have legally sold to out of state buyers?? CA certainly wouldn't know about that....they might be accusing people of owning rifles they don't own anymore.
Old 03-23-2013, 2:57 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon Devil View Post
So did this POS bill really pass? Do I now have to register my BB'ed WASR?
Bills go to the Governor sometime after September 1, usually. None of the CA gun-control bills have been through the whole process and sent to the Governor.

Please read http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=701762

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 03-23-2013, 3:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

(5) The department shall establish procedures for the purpose of
carrying out this subdivision. These procedures shall be exempt from
the Administrative Procedure Act.

Hmmmm....
Old 03-23-2013, 3:29 PM
CGSSA Associate

The NRA at the state level doesn't seem to be updating their website with the latest info, the last update was 2/6/2013. I always thought they were more concerned with our rights at a federal level anyways.

http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.s...sb47&year=2013

Old 03-23-2013, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
all they have to do is audit 4473s at the dealers to figure out who has what, and then start making calls if/when that rifle doesn't end up registered.
It's unlikely to come to that. More likely they wait until you use it in public. If you are afraid to ever bring it out in public, that's almost as good as banning it.
Old 03-23-2013, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
Im not stressing

Simply im not abiding by it and refuse to be a victim any longer.

and I know for damn sure there will be tens of thousands of others that do the same, not even including the even more thousands that will have no idea what the law actually is or means and suddenly will become criminals overnight.

they can blow me.

The funny (not so funny) thing about this. If a large % of gun owners would rebel, they would incarcerate us and then need to release many of the real criminals due to over crowding.
Old 03-23-2013, 6:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcolepsy View Post
It looks to me that if there is any kind of removable magazine (and another evil feature), then the rifle would have to be registered. Thus, it appears that the bullet button will be irrelevant, depending upon how the courts interpret "permanently attached to". Unfortunately, since it is clear what the legistlature is trying to do, if this proposed law is otherwise constitutional, that part of it will get a pass.

This proposed law also implies that people who register their bullet button rifles will be able to exchange the bullet button for a regular magazine release.
The way it reads to me is that it would be registered under its definition which was legal at time of purchase. I think this needs to be clear as I'm seeing a lot of guys being OK with registering if they get to remove the BB.
Old 03-23-2013, 6:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Resist!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

The hearing date on it is 4/16 in the Senate Public Safety Committee according to the Cali legislature info online.
Old 03-25-2013, 9:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
They did it before with previous bans.
The internet really didn't exist before. It may be the reason why Obama is trying to take control of it.
Old 03-25-2013, 9:40 AM

Hey mods, any way to set these bill thread to moderate before posts are visible? It's a pretty blunt tool but it would greatly reduce helping the antis seeing the holes in their bills.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDK View Post
(5) The department shall establish procedures for the purpose of
carrying out this subdivision. These procedures shall be exempt from
the Administrative Procedure Act.

Hmmmm....
Can someone with more knowledge than me flesh out what exectly the "Administrative Procedure Act" consists of and why this is fishy? Language of this sort makes my spidey sense tingle, and not in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand1945 View Post
Hey mods, any way to set these bill thread to moderate before posts are visible? It's a pretty blunt tool but it would greatly reduce helping the antis seeing the holes in their bills.
Also seconding this.