Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 10-04-2018, 4:14 PM

Another update.

Ruger replied to my email the following day asking me to ship the firearm to them so they can inspect it. After talking to a customer service rep over the phone, I decided to send it in. Will keep this thread update on how they respond.
Old 10-05-2018, 7:54 AM

Default Holes in Paper Target

I had the same issue - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1217282

Paper unsuported by a backing will make tear holes of random shapes, some of which look like side hits cause by tumbling. Ignore !!

Old 10-07-2018, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flouncer View Post
I had the same issue - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1217282

Paper unsuported by a backing will make tear holes of random shapes, some of which look like side hits cause by tumbling. Ignore !!

Thanks for the link. After the doing the cardboard test, its clear that the ammo is not tumbling.

I did send off the gun to Ruger this weekend so they can look it over and see if they can fix the other issues.
Old 10-07-2018, 6:59 PM
Mountain Picker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I did send off the gun to Ruger this weekend so they can look it over and see if they can fix the other issues.
Please let us know what happens, and what they did to help you out.
-p
Old 10-25-2018, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston-CLB View Post
Please let us know what happens, and what they did to help you out.
-p
A little update. The revolver was shipped back from Ruger and arrived today at the store. I'll be picking it up this weekend and will find out what work they did on it. Total time from ship to return was 20 days.
Old 10-25-2018, 4:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer wright View Post
Is this piece actually broken cracked look like that ?? Attachment 742224
Not sure how old this gun is, but that ratchet sure looks abused. It would help if the OP cleaned the ratchet before the picture. I doubt anything like that would ship from the factory.

My guess, too many rounds of Russian Roulette were played on it.
Old 11-12-2018, 8:52 PM

Was the issue fixed by Ruger?
Old 12-09-2018, 10:20 AM

Sorry for the very delayed updated. I wanted to put a few rounds down range before reporting back.

I got the Ruger back a few weeks ago. The packing slip mentioned the following items having been addressed: Replaced hammer strut assemble. Adjusted barrel gap.

I did the first two range trips in single action only. The next three were done in double action. It seemed to me that the trigger pull seemed either too hard or was "locking up" on one cylinder in double action. The first full cylinder would shoot just fine. But on the second run, things would seem more difficult.

I was unable to get someone else to test it out for me, but over the course of the last three trips, I determined that it was probably me being weak about it as I normally don't shoot double action. When I decided to fire a few cylinders in a some what rapid fashion, the gun performed flawlessly. I would let the gun cool down a for few minutes before attempting again. About 200 rounds of range reloads have been fired through it. I'm going to do a few more tests runs.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181113_161407.jpg (70.6 KB, 84 views)
Old 12-10-2018, 7:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakyshoot View Post
When you clean your revolver, make sure to get under the ejector star and the back side of the ejector star. It doesn't take much junk under there to cause binding.
This.

It pays to have a toothbrush in your range kit if you shoot DA revolvers. One flake of unburnt powder left under the star during ejection will cause problems.