Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 04-29-2010, 2:30 PM

Default Installing a Rolling Thunder Comp on a LMT MRP barrel?

Hey Guys,
i have a question for you crazy 3 gunners out there.
i would like to change the bird cage comp that came with my mrp barrel for a Benny Hill Rolling Thunder Comp....
i was thinking about buying all the tools i would need and doing the job myself, but i figure i check here to see if anyone has done this before, and or if I'm better of going to some one here in town to do the work for me.
I'm in LA so if you guys know of some one locally that could install it for me with a reasonable turn around time please let me know.
thanks for you help friends,
cheers,
Los.
Old 04-29-2010, 2:49 PM

Make sure you have enuff of the right size crush washers to get it clocked where you want it when it hits the correct amount of torque. This is the biggest bugaboo doing a DIY comp install and you may need to experiment to get the right amount of washers in place to get it to torque up right where you want it.
Old 04-29-2010, 3:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosa View Post
Hey Guys,
i have a question for you crazy 3 gunners out there.
i would like to change the bird cage comp that came with my mrp barrel for a Benny Hill Rolling Thunder Comp....
i was thinking about buying all the tools i would need and doing the job myself, but i figure i check here to see if anyone has done this before, and or if I'm better of going to some one here in town to do the work for me.
I'm in LA so if you guys know of some one locally that could install it for me with a reasonable turn around time please let me know.
thanks for you help friends,
cheers,
Los.
If you're in the LA area, then you should probably just go over to Randall's in Culver City. His username on this site is ar15barrels and his website is www.ar15barrels.com. He only charges $10 to properly index a compensator (according to his website.)
iTrader protip: When I buy something from you and I immediately pay, then my part is done. That's all I have to do. You can leave me iTrader feedback and go on with your life. When I get the item, I will leave you iTrader feedback, assuming you've already done your part. See how that works?
Old 04-29-2010, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djleisure View Post
If you're in the LA area, then you should probably just go over to Randall's in Culver City. His username on this site is ar15barrels and his website is www.ar15barrels.com. He only charges $10 to properly index a compensator (according to his website.)
you're a stud...