Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-05-2013, 6:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mmFMJ View Post
I drove locally, I go to most events when I can. But I can't believe what's going on here in SoCal.

6 freaking hour wait to get in. All I want is some 9mm reloads, maybe some Sks parts. But damnit Im fed up. 99 percent of the people waiting in line to get in aren't enthusiasts, they are here because they THINK "guns will be banned".

I decided to head over to bass pro shop and walk around, maybe buy a new fishin pole ...no parking.

Idiotic mob mentality. I just want a new gas rod

With all due respect...but what time did you get there? I was there at 7:45 and yes it was crowded but it did not take no where near 6 hours to get in. There were clearly about 250 people already there ahead of me in line. It was also evident by 9:00 however, that the fire marshal was going to halt people from going in as there was just too long of a line for such a small venue. Not trying to be mean or anything, but maybe you should have considered getting there earlier.

Even if most of the people buying today were there as a result of the panic, I have to say that they still woke up and got there early. I posted earlier in the week about my experiences in Vegas last weekend. I also made recommendations about buying your tickets online and getting there early and simply camping out (hint, hint...waiting). If you had to wait six hours, it is clear that you came after a lot of other people had already arrived. That's not the fault of the panic buyers, that's simply your fault for getting there late. Again, not trying to be an a*****e, but why complain about others when they woke up early enough and got there early enough to get in before yourself?

I too wanted 9mm ammo. The price that Miwall had them at was a killer deal for 500 rounds of reloads. By the time that I got into the venue and stood in line, I realized that I simply did not want to wait. So I simply passed and hoped that this deal with be around by the time OC comes around. For me, this was simply a scouting mission in preparation for OC. I went to Vegas and saw the madness there. I saw the madness her at Ontario and I definitely know what to do in preparation for OC. In truth, this did not compare to Vegas however as the lines were still bigger in Vegas as the venue is bigger than the Ontario Convention Center. In all, I realize that I will probably need to be at OC by no later than 6:30am and simply wait as the lines there will be much larger than they were today.
Old 01-05-2013, 7:01 PM

not a 6 hr wait, thats bs. we got in after about 30min

Dillon reloading basics Vids here

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=190727
Old 01-05-2013, 7:25 PM

It depends on what time you got there. I was there most of the day and around 9am it was crazy till about 1pm then it tappered off and there was no line after 2PM. I personally waited 3hrs and I got their at 9am. It all depends if you bought tickets or not because there was a seperate line for that too. I wonder how Costa Mesa will be?
Old 01-05-2013, 7:46 PM

And to think more than half of these people voted for this to happen back in November or did not vote at all. Really had to laugh at the Obama 2012 bumper stickers seen throughout the parking lots. If they voted for Obama they surely voted down Democrat lines which means they also voted for our favorite Senator.

Last edited by HiveDR.; 01-05-2013 at 7:52 PM..
Old 01-05-2013, 8:17 PM

Got there around 10:50, waited thirty minutes in line. Walk up and down every aisle, seen every booth, found some norinco 7.62x39mm for $7, snatched that up, plenty of 7.62x39mm ammo I seen, if you look. Rebuild kits for any rifle were average $50 each. Plenty of mags. 7.62x54R was also $6-$7. Lots of shotguns for sale. Everyone was waiting in line for bulk ammo. Tried looking at several guns, people pushed or got in front of me. FAL $1200 & $1400. Yugo Pistols $1200 saw one for $870 $890, can't remember, several hundred cheaper than the other dealer. More people were buying pistols more than rifles. Albanian sks was $800, sks paratrooper $579, sold. Mare's Leg 44 magnum for $499, many Taurus revolvers in 38 special. Left at 1:40, no one was outside.
Lady in parking lot told me three hour wait, lies, its to get people to leave.

Last edited by dmcag69; 01-05-2013 at 8:20 PM..
Old 01-05-2013, 8:35 PM

I had an interesting experience of my own at the show today... As I was pulling into the dirt parking lot (across from the hotel) the parking attendant, before collecting $9(highway robbery), actually told me that there would be a 3-4 hr wait to get in and asked if I still wanted to park. I'm completely surprised that they said anything and didn't just collect my money. Very, very cool of them to do that. I paid and was just pulling into a space and reconsidered, headed back to the entrance and she gladly handed my money back to me

But, I wasn't going to completely give up. So, I drove by the front of the convention center and saw the GINORMOUS line. Still undeterred, I pulled into one of the many surrounding office building parking lots that were marked "Absolutely no convention center parking" and PARKED, FOR FREE, **** 'em! Walked over, bought my ticket, got in line for about 20-25 minutes and in I went. Now, it was a zoo for sure and ammo was indeed the hot commodity. I was looking for .45ACP and the lines at LAX and the other big retailer that was there(can't remember their name) were ridiculous! And then, almost my accident I ran into Surefire MFG. They were out of virtually everything but were offering free shipping to your door if you placed an order at the show. Frankly, I can't see why more folks didn't take advantage of that vs. schlepping around 100 lbs. of ammo around the show. So, I paid $157 for 500rnds and I'll see it in a week or two, easy peasy.

On another note, this is only the second show that I've been to and the first was Del Mar a few weeks ago. And It's clear to me that if you're into AR-15's, tactical bags or Chinese pocket knives this is the show for you. But, if you were looking for a bit more variety, as I was, you undoubtedly walked away disappointed
Old 01-05-2013, 9:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3223 View Post
With all due respect...but what time did you get there? I was there at 7:45 and yes it was crowded but it did not take no where near 6 hours to get in. There were clearly about 250 people already there ahead of me in line. It was also evident by 9:00 however, that the fire marshal was going to halt people from going in as there was just too long of a line for such a small venue. Not trying to be mean or anything, but maybe you should have considered getting there earlier.

Even if most of the people buying today were there as a result of the panic, I have to say that they still woke up and got there early. I posted earlier in the week about my experiences in Vegas last weekend. I also made recommendations about buying your tickets online and getting there early and simply camping out (hint, hint...waiting). If you had to wait six hours, it is clear that you came after a lot of other people had already arrived. That's not the fault of the panic buyers, that's simply your fault for getting there late. Again, not trying to be an a*****e, but why complain about others when they woke up early enough and got there early enough to get in before yourself?

I too wanted 9mm ammo. The price that Miwall had them at was a killer deal for 500 rounds of reloads. By the time that I got into the venue and stood in line, I realized that I simply did not want to wait. So I simply passed and hoped that this deal with be around by the time OC comes around. For me, this was simply a scouting mission in preparation for OC. I went to Vegas and saw the madness there. I saw the madness her at Ontario and I definitely know what to do in preparation for OC. In truth, this did not compare to Vegas however as the lines were still bigger in Vegas as the venue is bigger than the Ontario Convention Center. In all, I realize that I will probably need to be at OC by no later than 6:30am and simply wait as the lines there will be much larger than they were today.
If you REALLY want to get in early, buy a table for $100. They let you in at 7 am. You get two badges, so go in on it with someone and it cuts your cost in half. You won't have to buy a ticket either. Extra badges are $15, so if you can get 1 or 2 others to go in, it would be $130 split 4 ways.
Old 01-05-2013, 9:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcag69 View Post
Got there around 10:50, waited thirty minutes in line. Walk up and down every aisle, seen every booth, found some norinco 7.62x39mm for $7, snatched that up, plenty of 7.62x39mm ammo I seen, if you look. Rebuild kits for any rifle were average $50 each. Plenty of mags. 7.62x54R was also $6-$7. Lots of shotguns for sale. Everyone was waiting in line for bulk ammo. Tried looking at several guns, people pushed or got in front of me. FAL $1200 & $1400. Yugo Pistols $1200 saw one for $870 $890, can't remember, several hundred cheaper than the other dealer. More people were buying pistols more than rifles. Albanian sks was $800, sks paratrooper $579, sold. Mare's Leg 44 magnum for $499, many Taurus revolvers in 38 special. Left at 1:40, no one was outside.
Lady in parking lot told me three hour wait, lies, its to get people to leave.
In at 10:50, out at 1:40?? Is this a really tiny show? The last show I went to was in Phoenix and it took me two full days to go through it.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000 View Post
This was the line to get in at 8am. Absolutely insane. I got in and waited about 20mins for ammo and said F*** this. Bought online and called it a day.

that's not me out there; i bought a Miini 14 magazine online and called it a day.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Calguns Addict

So now we have a guy who parks where specifically told not to, and another guy posted about his more than once line cutting abilities....

I hope you guys do not have anything linking you to CalGuns when you go do these things!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:43 PM

Someone should have been talking to this captive audience about the current situation and demanding action from everyone. NRA, GOA, CalGuns Foundation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000 View Post
This was the line to get in at 8am. Absolutely insane. I got in and waited about 20mins for ammo and said F*** this. Bought online and called it a day.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty View Post
http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/1818.htm

I've never shot their ammo, but a coworker never has anything but good things to say about them.
Placed my order. Got an email notifying me they were canceling it due to a shortage.

With all due respect THIS IS BULL****
Old 01-05-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveDR. View Post
...Really had to laugh at the Obama 2012 bumper stickers seen throughout the parking lots. If they voted for Obama they surely voted down Democrat lines which means they also voted for our favorite Senator.
I was wondering about this. However inevitable, I wondered if somebody would have the balls to buy what their savior wants confiscated from them. Irony.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Was the NRA giving out free admission in exchange for membership?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebia View Post
Everyone should of ignored the news cameras since they will only make things worse.
Yep!
Old 01-06-2013, 2:01 AM

You can bet your arses that those gun grabbing SOB'S are loving this chite. Much of it orchestrated, my opinion only. I'm only about 5 minutes fr. There and that's ONLY because of the lights and stop signs. Still was not going to aaste my time and it turned out to be worse than I anticipated.....
Is thede ANYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY NOT BROKE???
Old 01-06-2013, 7:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
So now we have a guy who parks where specifically told not to, and another guy posted about his more than once line cutting abilities....

I hope you guys do not have anything linking you to CalGuns when you go do these things!
Actually, I was naked at the time and had "Calguns!" painted on my back
Old 01-06-2013, 8:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

A reminder that ordering parts on the internet and reloading ammo at home might be a smarter choice.

I do attend the Costa Mesa show but I bring my grandson and it's more of a fun time. Never bought ammo; I reload.

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Old 01-06-2013, 8:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
Was the NRA giving out free admission in exchange for membership?
NRA stopped giving away freed admission along time ago.
If you buy a membership you can buy your entry ticket in the same line so you don't have to wait in line to buy a ticket.
Old 01-06-2013, 8:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Just curious anyone that went see any saiga's for sale? If so, caliber/price?
Old 01-06-2013, 8:38 AM

Holy f-. I stopped by in the afternoon and walked right in. If I had shown up that early and saw a crowd like that I probably would have left. Granted 223 was pretty much OOS by the time I got there, 9mm was no problem. I got the stuff I wanted/needed and was able to get out in a few hrs even with cruising around checking out the other booths.
Old 01-06-2013, 2:18 PM

i got there at 8 waited in line and pretty much walked right in when they opened the doors at 9. the wait inside for ammo was nuts. the best part of the day was an interesting conversation i had while waiting in line - talked to a guy who is a Garand collector - I think I'll give the CMP a try...other than that the trip was pretty much a waste.

Oh, yeah - no CalGuns booth - what's up?

Last edited by sandbasser; 01-06-2013 at 2:24 PM.. Reason: added
Old 01-06-2013, 3:29 PM

How much was 55 gr brass 223 going for at the show?
Old 01-06-2013, 4:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Placed my order. Got an email notifying me they were canceling it due to a shortage.

What caliber ammo did you try to order? I placed an order for 9mm on Saturday and I'm crossing my fingers I get all or some of it.
Old 01-06-2013, 4:42 PM
Banned

If half these people voted Obama would be history now.
Old 01-06-2013, 5:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Ordered mine 3 days ago and it went threw. Shows its still in stock too.
Old 01-06-2013, 5:52 PM
Banned

Dang that was horrible!
Old 01-06-2013, 8:09 PM

Default Chaos at gun show ??

So I see the lines and I see the masses going out in droves to get their AR while they still can and their ammo. I already got mine. Got it along time ago, but I can't help but wonder when I see the lines and see the shelves empty at Turners,Bass Pro, local gun shops etc.......How many of these idiots voted for Obama/Feinstein/gun hating liberals? How many? and what are they doing now to combat this issue? are they politically active? are they an NRA member/cal guns/cal rifle and pistol association/second amendment foundation ?

JOIN THE NRA !! there are only a few politicians on the hill, there were thousands of people at this gun show. Imagine what a letter from each of them could do? Imagine what a dollar from each of them could do?
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! Don't just go get your AR before the government bans them!!! TELL THE GOVERNMENT YOU WON'T LET THEM BAN THEM!
Old 01-06-2013, 9:16 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm so glad i didn't go.
D1.1 1F/G, 2F/G, 3F/G unlimited range, Steel SMAW
I can make custom shooting targets and paracord accesories. PM me.
Old 01-06-2013, 9:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty View Post
http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/1818.htm

I've never shot their ammo, but a coworker never has anything but good things to say about them.
I have an order from 11/23/2012 that hasn't processed or shipped yet. I know they'll get to it eventually (shutting down some orders to get to ones they have), but keep in mind that kind of turnaround time. I wish I threw some 9mm in my order... this is just for a bunch of .308.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:18 PM

Learning one's lesson the hard way isn't easy. For what's its worth and hopefully it's not, too, late, let's all hope majority of these people will never vote for a gun-grabber ever again.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 PM

gf got me tickets for the both of us, we are coming from out of town to the costa mesa one later this month. never been, any tips? wont be buying ammo at the show but would like to see what else they have.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIjose View Post
.......How many of these idiots voted for Obama/Feinstein/gun hating liberals? How many?
Oh there's quite a few of them, and some of them are here. They vote for an anti gun Democrat and somehow believe they support the Second Ammendment. In 2008, there were people here who thought anybody who said Obama was anti-gun was crazy. They reappeared in 2012, saying that we were all paranoid, Obama hadn't banned any guns, so they voted for him again.
Old 01-07-2013, 3:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Oh there's quite a few of them, and some of them are here. They vote for an anti gun Democrat and somehow believe they support the Second Ammendment. In 2008, there were people here who thought anybody who said Obama was anti-gun was crazy. They reappeared in 2012, saying that we were all paranoid, Obama hadn't banned any guns, so they voted for him again.
They should just turn in their guns now, they don't deserve to have them. Idiots.

1A-2A = -1A
Old 01-07-2013, 9:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
I was planning to go and buy a stun gun, some jerky, and a belt buckle. Maybe some funny bumper stickers too. Thanks for saving me a trip.
Awesome! That's what these shows have turned into. But you forgot the T-shirts and baseball caps. Toy guns that fire those little round balls, swords and knives, and that big booth with all the junky medical type tools.
Old 01-07-2013, 9:59 AM

Drove from Ventura County. Saw the amount of people, decided to hit Bass Pro shop instead. Seems others had the same idea, BPS was effin' crowded.

Old 01-07-2013, 1:20 PM

Crossroads in SF Cowpalace this weekend, I bet it will packed too.
Old 01-07-2013, 1:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I drove locally, I go to most events when I can. But I can't believe what's going on here in SoCal.

6 freaking hour wait to get in. All I want is some 9mm reloads, maybe some Sks parts. But damnit Im fed up. 99 percent of the people waiting in line to get in aren't enthusiasts, they are here because they THINK "guns will be banned".

I decided to head over to bass pro shop and walk around, maybe buy a new fishin pole ...no parking.

Idiotic mob mentality. I just want a new gas rod
Duh, that's why the increase in gun ownership in the last months are just out of panic; these so called "newbs won't care as to even lift a pinkie off their Perrier-slugging behinds to defend the 2a rights...so don't count on them...
Old 01-07-2013, 1:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveDR. View Post
And to think more than half of these people voted for this to happen back in November or did not vote at all. Really had to laugh at the Obama 2012 bumper stickers seen throughout the parking lots. If they voted for Obama they surely voted down Democrat lines which means they also voted for our favorite Senator.
yeah, those guys are hypocrites..they can stew in their own juices
Old 01-07-2013, 1:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayoneone View Post
If all of these people buying guns would vote out incumbents we would be better off. I have yet to see anyone voted OUT of office in California. Let' s face it Feinstein is a plague on the US and California is solely to blame.

What good does letter writting do when all of these idiots know they keep their jobs.
those guys are poseurs, no doubt about it; they are the reason why the gun-hating Dems got in power in the first place...