Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-19-2017, 6:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wopdego View Post
Want to know what the 317 permit holders have in common? It's pretty easy to guess...
Presidential flash cards?
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 04-20-2017, 12:44 PM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wopdego View Post
Want to know what the 317 permit holders have in common? It's pretty easy to guess...
Things haven't changed all that much from Rupf
Old 04-20-2017, 12:57 PM

I know two regular guys who got issued without joining the Posse.

That's a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt88edmo View Post
Things haven't changed all that much from Rupf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2017, 1:03 PM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post

That's a change.
That is good news, and a welcome change.
Old 04-20-2017, 1:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

That's a change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt88edmo View Post
That is good news, and a welcome change.

Yes, good news.

How recent was this? Was the sheriff on cold meds or ??? Lol!
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 04-21-2017, 8:10 AM

One two years ago, the other in the last six months I think. I was told that one of the recent range qual classes was the biggest one in a long time so people are getting approved.

Just an observation directed at no-one in particular, but I think conservative gun owners are often left-brained people... critical thinkers who like order. We want there to be a repeatable formula for everything and when there isn't we get frustrated. And that's not how it works here, and changing the Sheriff is extremely unlikely to change the process, that's just the reality. It's not a matter of "mark this box, say these words" = approved.

Interesting to consider how many people responded with big amounts to the "What would you pay to get LE credentials in CA" thread. Obviously CCW is not LE credentials but I suspect people really only want LE credentials to carry. But Oh what resistance there is to the idea of putting that money toward "networking" and building your "resume" to facilitate getting a CCW which is much more real-world doable. Again, is it because it's not a guaranteed repeatable formula that we feel discouraged to even try? We have to be creative? We're too lazy to put in the effort?

I also know of more than one guy who joined the Posse and did not get approved. Nothing is guaranteed, sorry, my fellow left-brainers! But don't let that stop you from applying, just remember we're in upside down world when you write your "good cause."

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Yes, good news.

How recent was this?
Old 04-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I do not know what you mean by "regular" guys (versus irregular guys? abnormal guys?) Regardless, all that matters is what their GC statement was like compared to what the average, law-abiding CoCoCo resident can come up with, usually just "self-defense" with some speculation on why they could need a gun (e.g., carry several semiautomatic weapons and hundreds of rounds of ammo when I go to the range every month, regularly go hiking where cellphone coverage is spotty and LE response times would be long).

Quote:
who got issued without joining the Posse.
So you don't have to be a "friend"/"supporter" of the sheriff to get a CCW?

Quote:
But Oh what resistance there is to the idea of putting that money toward "networking" and building your "resume" to facilitate getting a CCW which is much more real-world doable. Again, is it because it's not a guaranteed repeatable formula that we feel discouraged to even try? We have to be creative? We're too lazy to put in the effort?
Ha! That didn't last long. The sheriff just expanded from beyond his "posse" to people in his "network" who've got a suitable "resume". Sounds like a typical 3rd world corrupt law enforcement officer!

Quote:
I also know of more than one guy who joined the Posse and did not get approved. Nothing is guaranteed,....
Whopitie do. We all know there are a TON of things that will guarantee you a denial and nothing will guarantee you an approval until CA goes "Shall Issue." What we want to know is what those to "regular guys" Good Cause statements were like.

Quote:
Just an observation directed at no-one in particular, but I think conservative gun owners are often left-brained people... critical thinkers who like order. We want there to be a repeatable formula for everything and when there isn't we get frustrated. And that's not how it works here, and changing the Sheriff is extremely unlikely to change the process, that's just the reality. It's not a matter of "mark this box, say these words" = approved.
The sheriff sets the standard for GC. If they want to accept "self-defense" as sufficient GC, they can. Several counties flipped to readily issuing CCWs because they got new sheriffs (Monterey, Fresno and Merced), or because their sheriff just decided to liberalize their GC standard (OC, Ventura, and San Joaquin).

220+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 04-22-2017 at 12:20 PM..
Old 04-22-2017, 1:13 PM
Stoopid American Redneck™
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
The sheriff sets the standard for GC. If they want to accept "self-defense" as sufficient GC, they can. Several counties flipped to readily issuing CCWs because they got new sheriffs (Monterey, Fresno and Merced), or because their sheriff just decided to liberalize their GC standard (OC, Ventura, and San Joaquin).
Correct.

Sheriff Dean in Ventura County changed his policy after the initial 3 Judge ruling in Peruta, actually stating online that self defense was sufficient good cause. He left himself an "out" by saying the policy would depend on the ultimate outcome of Peruta. Since then (and since the en-banc ruling) the reference to Peruta has been removed and the statement that SD = CG remains.

Prior to that you had to be a) A Millionaire, 2) Famous or 3) A Large donor to the election fund. Or so the story goes. in 2014 VC had ~300 CCWs, today we have something in excess of 2,000. It's a slow process for the initial issue and the wait is between 9 and 13 months from start to finish, but they do issue and are renewing with SD = GC as well. The demand is steady, but I would speculate that VC will never top 6,000 active permits.
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Last edited by baggss; 04-22-2017 at 1:20 PM..
Old 04-22-2017, 8:34 PM

Correct.

Quote:
So you don't have to be a "friend"/"supporter" of the sheriff to get a CCW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-23-2017, 9:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Then please explain what you mean by "networking", esp networking that requires you to spend money.

Quote:
But Oh what resistance there is to the idea of putting that money toward "networking" and building your "resume" to facilitate getting a CCW which is much more real-world doable. Again, is it because it's not a guaranteed repeatable formula that we feel discouraged to even try? We have to be creative? We're too lazy to put in the effort?

Old 04-23-2017, 11:19 AM

When I use "you" here it's the collective "you/y'all" not just you, Paladin. Are you really in Alameda now? If so not even Divine Intervention will help you.

Okay here's my last comments because I'm getting a "kill the messenger" vibe:

IDPA or some similar competition is a good place to meet people who have been approved (or denied) and get their full(er) backstories. Ask around! Take notes! That's part of networking.

One common "networking" thread I've heard is being able to show you're doing good necessary work (paid or volunteer) in the community with some recognized organization. (You should be doing that anyway!) Maybe that's the unstated good character standard for the process, I don't know. Posse (which apparently is a charity supporting county non-profit causes, not the sheriff's re-election) is one such organization but obviously not the only one. From the people I've met who have been approved who did not go Posse, they are all able to demonstrate that they are otherwise invested in the community somehow. That may take time and/or money and/or effort to do. And you might even find it rewarding. Think about why such involvement might make a difference in your approval/denial, on multiple levels from "shoot/no-shoot" decisions to politics.

Some of "the approved" have told me things they included in their application that made me ask "Why would you include that? It doesn't seem relevant at all!" And yet... whatever paints a fuller picture of responsibility, self-discipline, etc. apparently helps.

From the "denied" I've talked to... Of course if someone puts off the wrong vibe in the interview it won't matter what's on the paperwork -- what do you think that vibe would be? Other reasons... If you think past military service will get you approved, wrong (maybe suggests you think this is a war zone?) One Front Sight class might be okay but 50 and you're just another a gun nut -- denied. If your "good cause" involves some activity that's optional to you or something you could reasonably avoid, no good. If you have anger or bitterness or are scared by other races and want a CCW -- really? If you've concocted an ugly domestic situation but haven't pursued a restraining order, not gonna happen. If you think ISIS is coming after you at your home in San Ramon, no they aren't (not yet at least!) If your overall profile suggests that you're only interested in you and yours, or if you have a track history of making bad decisions... or you don't appear self-disciplined... well you get the idea. I guess these are the 83%.

So just don't be the 83%! Good luck!

Quote:
Then please explain what you mean by "networking", esp networking that requires you to spend money.
Old 04-23-2017, 3:38 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:

One common "networking" thread I've heard is being able to show you're doing good necessary work (paid or volunteer) in the community with some recognized organization. (You should be doing that anyway!) Maybe that's the unstated good character standard for the process, I don't know. Posse (which apparently is a charity supporting county non-profit causes, not the sheriff's re-election) is one such organization but obviously not the only one. From the people I've met who have been approved who did not go Posse, they are all able to demonstrate that they are otherwise invested in the community somehow. That may take time and/or money and/or effort to do. And you might even find it rewarding. Think about why such involvement might make a difference in your approval/denial, on multiple levels from "shoot/no-shoot" decisions to politics.

Some of "the approved" have told me things they included in their application that made me ask "Why would you include that? It doesn't seem relevant at all!" And yet... whatever paints a fuller picture of responsibility, self-discipline, etc. apparently helps.

From the "denied" I've talked to... Of course if someone puts off the wrong vibe in the interview it won't matter what's on the paperwork -- what do you think that vibe would be? Other reasons... If you think past military service will get you approved, wrong (maybe suggests you think this is a war zone?) One Front Sight class might be okay but 50 and you're just another a gun nut -- denied. If your "good cause" involves some activity that's optional to you or something you could reasonably avoid, no good. If you have anger or bitterness or are scared by other races and want a CCW -- really? If you've concocted an ugly domestic situation but haven't pursued a restraining order, not gonna happen. If you think ISIS is coming after you at your home in San Ramon, no they aren't (not yet at least!) If your overall profile suggests that you're only interested in you and yours, or if you have a track history of making bad decisions... or you don't appear self-disciplined... well you get the idea. I guess these are the 83%.
The sad part is that one should have/need to partake in any of those voluntary charitable / community service things (which are wholly optional and a personal choice) or that being "invested" in the community would be considered required, desired or even serve as some kind of a litmus test of ones character in order to exercise what most of us believe is a constitutionally guaranteed right.

The real fact is, even those counties that issue heavily in CA don't have a problem with CCW holders that rise above noise level statistics. This is true nationwide, even in shall issue and ConCarry states.
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Last edited by baggss; 04-23-2017 at 3:43 PM..
Old 04-27-2017, 10:34 PM

I don't care what anyone says. After speaking with Lieutenant Vanderlind of the CCSO CCW unit, I have ZERO hope hat the sheriff will issue a permit to anyone except Sheriffs posse members or the well connected. Period. Until or unless the Supreme Court helps us out with Peruta, Livingston will REFUSE to respect our right to carry. As such, I have ZERO respect for him as a Sheriff. He's a politician with a badge.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmanian devil dog View Post
I don't care what anyone says. After speaking with Lieutenant Vanderlind of the CCSO CCW unit, I have ZERO hope hat the sheriff will issue a permit to anyone except Sheriffs posse members or the well connected. Period. Until or unless the Supreme Court helps us out with Peruta, Livingston will REFUSE to respect our right to carry. As such, I have ZERO respect for him as a Sheriff. He's a politician with a badge.
That's sad to hear. If you're willing to post, what was it that made you come to that conclusion?
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 04-27-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
That's sad to hear. If you're willing to post, what was it that made you come to that conclusion?
What made me come to that conclusion?

I have a 3 year restraining order that protect me and my family from my ex wife and her new husband who has routinely threatened to kill us. According to Sheriff Livingston, and I quote his form Letter response: " The mere fear of victimization does not justify introducing another firearm onto the streets of our community ".

In addition to using the RO as a basis for my reasoning for the permit, I also listed my employment. I've been a Federal contract security officer for the last 17 years and have carried a gun every single day to protect others in federal buildings. You'd think that our good sheriff could see his way clear to trusting me with a CCW to protect myself and family off duty. But in fact he doesn't.

Frankly, it's my opinion that he or his department could care less if my ex or her crazy husband guns me and my family down. What's important to the CoCo Sheriff is his adherence to the anti gun liberal agenda he's been sworn to uphold. Yes, you read that last part correctly.

So as I've said, his agency won't issue unless you're one of the "anointed".
Old 04-28-2017, 12:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I have a 3 year restraining order that protect me and my family from my ex wife and her new husband who has routinely threatened to kill us. According to Sheriff Livingston, and I quote his form Letter response: " The mere fear of victimization does not justify introducing another firearm onto the streets of our community ".

In addition to using the RO as a basis for my reasoning for the permit, I also listed my employment. I've been a Federal contract security officer for the last 17 years and have carried a gun every single day to protect others in federal buildings. You'd think that our good sheriff could see his way clear to trusting me with a CCW to protect myself and family off duty. But in fact he doesn't.

Frankly, it's my opinion that he or his department could care less if my ex or her crazy husband guns me and my family down. What's important to the CoCo Sheriff is his adherence to the anti gun liberal agenda he's been sworn to uphold. Yes, you read that last part correctly.

Wow. Just wow. Thank you for sharing that with us. Much appreciated.
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 04-28-2017, 5:50 AM

Quote:

Tasmanian, as one who has also been rejected by the Ruling Class, aka the CoCo Sheriff, despite being a person with no issues, zero negatives, and a veteran, for no apparent reason other than failing to meet some murky and arbitrary standard of "need", I thank you for your hard-hitting and justified comments.

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 04-28-2017, 7:42 AM

Thanks guys. Believe it or not it actually does pain me to have to write such things about the chief law-enforcement officer of our County. Make no mistake, I don't dislike the man personally and I'm not trying to attack him as a human being. That being said, I am attacking the way he does his job and the way he blatantly tramples our Second Amendment rights. And I know that the DOJ and the sheriff routinely troll Calguns so the more of us that post and share our experiences, I'm hoping that maybe they'll start to get the message.
Old 04-28-2017, 6:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

You lay things out pretty clearly. Yes, Livingston is just a "politician with a gun and a badge." Upholding our Constitutional "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" means nothing to him. He just wants to be popular with the other "kool kids" (SFBA CLEOs and politicos), and make a lot of $$$.

I just hope I live to see the day he and all the other antis get b-tch slapped by SCOTUS!

Old 05-05-2017, 11:43 AM

Hey all,
Finally received my letter of denial. I had a great interview and a good reason letter. My letter just said I was denied but did not explain why. Now with that said, can I reapply? This is with Antioch PD.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookItsJazzy View Post
Hey all,
Finally received my letter of denial. I had a great interview and a good reason letter. My letter just said I was denied but did not explain why. Now with that said, can I reapply? This is with Antioch PD.
Yes; after being denied by Antioch PD, you can re-apply to the Sheriff. Used to be (may still) that the Sheriff required apply-deny with your city before he would accept an app from a ctiy resident.

I would not be encouraged by this kind of 'progress'.

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 05-05-2017, 1:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hey all,

Hey Jazzy-Sorry to hear this. Now we know their stance on issuing CCW. Appreciate the feedback firsthand. Hopefully your rout with CoCo will go better if you decide to pursue it.
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 05-05-2017, 3:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Hey all,
IIRC, a few years ago they changed the CCW law so that the IA had to explain why you were denied. It may be that Antioch PD deals w/so few CCW apps that they do not realize this.

Librarian, am I correct on this? Do you know the code dealing with this?

If I'm right, I'd send a certified letter requesting the specific reason you were denied before trying to appeal your denial, or applying with the CoCoCo SO.

Last edited by Paladin; 06-28-2017 at 8:33 AM..
Old 05-05-2017, 4:17 PM

No longer a requirement to apply to city and be denied first. Maybe Somebody realized that cities weren't issuing to anybody and that prerequisite made for an expensive waste of time for everybody involved.

At one time Walnut Creek wouldn't even give you an application... they would verbally ask what your good cause was up front, immediately respond that you wouldn't be issued, and then question suspiciously why you'd still want to go through the application process when you've already been told no. But they weren't referring all applications to the Sheriff either, presumably so they could issue to their reserves. That was way back under Rupf however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Used to be (may still) that the Sheriff required apply-deny with your city before he would accept an app from a ctiy resident.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Browning View Post
Anybody live in Brentwood and want to give a shot at getting the city to direct the PD to go to shall issue? I think it could be done.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1126299
Quote:
Originally Posted by TATER313 View Post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1707...60924494945941
Started a facebook page to organize and build support, Thanks Paladin for kicking me in the butt, to get this started. I am no where near prepared, but will be pursuing leads to get started. I will be doing some research and PM Fjold.
It's been 14 months. Any news/progress with Brentwood PD re. CCWs?

Last edited by Paladin; 06-17-2017 at 1:18 PM..
Old 06-17-2017, 12:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Looking over the voter registration stats at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra...r_registration

makes me think Danville (42.1% Repub to 33.5% Dem) and Clayton (38.5% Repub to 38.2% Dem) and even Moraga (33.3% Repub to 40.3% Dem), and San Ramon (29.8% Repub to 39.1% Dem), are also cities where gunnies should organize locally to push their chief, and if he refused, push their city councils to demand the chief issue CCWs for "self-defense" as Good Cause (or they will replace the chief).

Their PD's websites all list a CoP, so they should be able to issue (or rescind any MOU to start issuing).
http://www.danville.ca.gov/Services/Police-Services/
http://claytonpd.com/
http://police.moraga.ca.us/
http://www.ci.san-ramon.ca.us/police/

Fjold said he's willing to advise anyone interested in doing this. He spent 6 years fighting to get Lompoc PD to issue CCWs against the wishes of the SLO sheriff!

This is what folks in LA and SD counties are doing. No reason why CoCoCo residents, esp in those cities I ID'ed shouldn't also try. Facebook groups pages make it easy to begin, like LA folk did. Go thru this thread for ideas:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1172605

The longer you wait to begin, the longer until you win....

This will be a marathon: long, slow, steady, unrelenting work. Keep that as your mindset.
Bump for any CGNers with JrH/HS kids who want to earn extra credit by getting "politically active" by "volunteering" for a "civics" or "civil rights" project for school over the summer....

"Many hands make for light work."

Last edited by Paladin; 06-17-2017 at 12:05 PM..
Old 06-17-2017, 1:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Hat Tip to sfpcservice for this idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpcservice View Post
A grand jury complaint is free, all you have to do is fill out the form. Might as well drag some unfair practice into the light since they denied you anyway...
Quote:
The Grand Jury has no legal "teeth", but they can investigate anything they choose. It worked in Solano for CCW. It's easy and free to file a complaint.
Quote:
I think it's a combination of not many people know about the Grand Jury and the ones who do are concerned about making waves. Sometimes making waves changes the system to near shall issue though...
Quote:
When you file a complaint, you get to write down your story. You can paint the picture any way you like as far as asking them to investigate why you were denied and the posse members were not... political contributions? The grand jury can decide if they will investigate or not. You want to make the case easy for them to see you have been treated unfairly. I'm guessing the Sheriff will be able to figure out who filed, but that doesn't matter; you can't get "more" denied.

Google the solano grand jury ccw reports and read them before you file.
Giving this a bump in case there's a gunnie in CoCoCo who wants to fight to get the sheriff to issue CCWs. A grand jury investigation is what took Solano Co from "dark red" to "light green" in the CA CCW GC map. (The 2010 map does not reflect the change brought about by the Grand Jury.) (FWIW I'm not sure why the 2010 map shows SLO as "dark green." We were operating off of little information back then. Most CA SOs didn't have any CCW info on their websites back then. SLO will be "light green" on the next update of the map, due out next month.)

CoCoCo would be the perfect county to use this method since: (1) you have a large pool of intelligent, educated potential jurors (and many of the retirees remember when CoCoCo was more rural), (2) you have suspicions of corruption/favoritism in issuance of CCWs, and (3) you have Solano Co issuing to your NW, Sacto issuing to your NE and San Joaquin Co issuing to your E. Don't think Nat'l Recip will save you: (1) if it passes and is signed into law, Bloomberg has already promised to pay to tie it up in the courts for years. (2) Don't think the fed. courts will save you: they may only give you a right to Open Carry, and unless you normally wear a cowboy hat & boots, who will EDC OC???

Plus, I'm not sure if you even need a lawyer to get the ball rolling. While I only briefly looked over those 2 grand jury reports, it looks like most of the "heavy lifting" (i.e., work), is done by the grand jury, not by you or your lawyer.

Quote:
Things changed in 2009, after a grand jury found the Solano County sheriff may have had an “informal policy” of “denying access…and/or discouraging applicants.”

The number of people applying for new concealed carry permits has skyrocketed in Solano County, from 27 in 2011 to 254 so far this year.[2013 Nov 20]

A similar scenario played out in Sacramento County, after the gun rights group Calguns filed a lawsuit over the same issues. The county went from issuing 95 permits in 2009 to 727 in 2013.

In the nine-county Bay Area, the numbers are all over the chart: San Francisco for instance has not issued a single CCW permit in years. Marin County only has nine active permits. On the other end of the spectrum, Napa County has 359 and Solano County has the most at 451.

“A legal challenge can definitely motivate an official to act differently than they otherwise would, whether or not that challenge is meritorious,” said Cody Jacobs with the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Jacobs has helped to defend half a dozen California sheriffs against what he views as orchestrated attacks by the gun lobby. “Their goal is to intimidate local officials into just giving everyone permits,” he told KPIX 5.

Calguns Foundation president Gene Hoffman disagrees. “When we have a person who is the chief law enforcement officer of a county not actually following state law, it’s impossible to say that we are out there intimidating them,” Hoffman said.

<snip>

KPIX 5 put in records requests to all nine Bay Area county sheriffs and came up with a total of 1,616 active CCW permits. Here is the breakdown:

Solano: 451
Napa: 359
San Mateo: 239
Contra Costa: 205
Alameda: 170
Santa Clara: 99
Sonoma: 84
Marin: 29
San Francisco: 0
More at: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...apons-permits/

Here's a link to the Solano Co Grand Jury's 2006 - 2007 report: http://www.solano.courts.ca.gov/mate...aponPermit.pdf
Here's a link to the Solano Co Board of Supervisor's response to the 2006 - 2007 report: http://www.solano.courts.ca.gov/mate...ledWeapons.pdf
Here's a link to the Solano Co Grand Jury's 2008 - 2009 report: http://www.solano.courts.ca.gov/mate...enseReport.pdf

Last edited by Paladin; 11-12-2017 at 12:15 PM..
Old 06-19-2017, 5:13 PM

I'm coming out... I filed the grand jury complaint in Solano after getting the run around from Two agencies. I have held a CCW ever since as have many others in Solano. As stated above, it costs nothing and the only people it has potential to harm are those denying your rights.

Get busy folks.
Old 06-19-2017, 7:11 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Took me a second to realize those numbers were from 2013. I got excited for a second!

Old 06-19-2017, 9:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I'm coming out... I filed the grand jury complaint in Solano after getting the run around from Two agencies. I have held a CCW ever since as have many others in Solano. As stated above, it costs nothing and the only people it has potential to harm are those denying your rights.
All I can say is thank you VERY MUCH!!!

There are 9 SFBA counties and only 1 of them regularly issues CCWs and that is Solano Co and that is because of you.

If we had repeated what you did back when that CBS article appeared, instead of waiting on the federal courts to bail our carry rights out, we'd have won more SFBA counties by now.... Whenever I think of delays in getting carry to the last 8 holdout states, I think of all the people who will have been victimized (mugged, robbed, raped, crippled, murdered), because they weren't able to carry. Those are people who should have been added to my list of "examples of CCWs Saving Lives" linked in my sig line.

Quote:
Get busy folks.
Here, here!

Last edited by Paladin; 06-19-2017 at 9:56 PM..
Old 06-20-2017, 12:22 PM

The fact is I believe Solano was already headed that direction. I think the Grand Jury Members literally getting laughed out of law enforcement agency offices when they posed as citizens asking about a CCW may have sped it up a bit...
Old 06-27-2017, 3:27 PM

So who is working on putting together the petition for Grand Jury?
Old 08-09-2017, 10:06 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I don't understand why you guys keep pushing this. The cards are totally stock against you and honestly as much as I wish it would happen it never will. You're fighting a huge political machine with a lot more money and resources than any of us have. It's just like the assault weapons laws, no matter what happens even if we were to get a court order in our favor, it will get a stay from a higher Court. I admire what you're doing, but it seems like a meaningless exercise in futility.
Old 08-09-2017, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
I don't understand why you guys keep pushing this. The cards are totally stock against you and honestly as much as I wish it would happen it never will. You're fighting a huge political machine with a lot more money and resources than any of us have. It's just like the assault weapons laws, no matter what happens even if we were to get a court order in our favor, it will get a stay from a higher Court. I admire what you're doing, but it seems like a meaningless exercise in futility.
Speaking only for myself, it's because our rights are being eroded and we won't stand for it. We just cannot become passive and numb, and meekly comply with whatever the liberals want to impose on us. Yes, they'll continue to infringe on our rights, but never give up hope that truth and freedom will prevail in the end.

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 08-10-2017, 10:36 AM

So what could we, the gun owners of CoCoCo, do to change these outrages laws and regulations? Or at least make a change?
Old 08-12-2017, 10:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reymundo View Post
So what could we, the gun owners of CoCoCo, do to change these outrages laws and regulations? Or at least make a change?
See posts #947 & 948 above and go from there....

Old 08-14-2017, 9:46 AM

Paladin, the grand jury reports are no longer available. Do you have these downloaded on your computer you could send over?
Old 08-14-2017, 3:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by impreza515 View Post
Paladin, the grand jury reports are no longer available. Do you have these downloaded on your computer you could send over?
"Funny" (strange) how those public documents hosted on a .gov website suddenly go missing after I posted their links publicly on CGN....

PM sent.

If anyone else wants the Solano Grand Jury docs, PM me.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-14-2017 at 4:11 PM..
Old 09-18-2017, 3:06 PM

any luck with ccc sheriff with ccw ? Just curious before I send in the paperwork.
Old 09-18-2017, 4:14 PM

There is a 17% approval rating according to the Sheriff's Office. Make sure you do a really good job with your good cause statement, get help if you can, don't write that you buy a lot of stuff on Craigslist and meet Shady people and Shady spots that's not going to work, don't lie about anything, and be the 17%.