Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-11-2017, 6:32 PM
Bobby Ricigliano's Avatar
Bobby Ricigliano Bobby Ricigliano is offline
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan
Posts: 15,531
iTrader: 316 / 100%
Default Knottís Berry Farm - No Guns Allowed

Knottís has been well known as gun friendly (for off duty LEO) for many years. I went the other day during the Military Veteran promotion. I checked ahead of time and could not find anything on their website or forum posts that were recent.

So now they have a funneled entry where everyone goes through a bag search and metal detector. I IDíd myself and declared myself armed prior to the search. A security supervisor was called over and said no firearms were allowed under new policy.

I was escorted into the park and allowed to use one of their fixed lockboxes. They gave me a laminated claim check type form and that was it. The security and everyone else was was very cordial and polite. I was able to reverse the process upon leaving, although there was a bit of a wait to be escorted back to get my weapon.

I thought this might happen when Knottís was acquired by new owners recently. The upside was that the park has been cleaned up and is much tidier. Food and drink prices seemed higher and it was also very crowded too.

I respect any private entity to have their own rules on their own property, so this isnít meant to criticize Knottís, although I obviously disagree that it somehow makes the place safer.

Just an FYI,
BR
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-11-2017, 7:02 PM
CG11's Avatar
CG11 CG11 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: I.E.
Posts: 101
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Guess I can mark that place off my go-to list.
__________________
I'm not that happy to see you - It's a gun.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-11-2017, 7:07 PM
ls2monaro's Avatar
ls2monaro ls2monaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 566
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Thanks for the heads up. I still got my gun into Disney even though they don't like people to (I wasn't aware until I got to the downtown Disney entrance). I'm one of those ask for forgiveness type of people if you know what I mean.

Work was nice to enough to send me to all kinds of threat assessment training with the feds and locals throughout my career so scouting any place makes it a breeze to get what I want in. One time we did a "practical" exercise in a class to see what we get into a "secure" facility. Ended up bringing a full auto m4 with 6 loaded mags and flashbangs into an international airport terminal without even coming close to getting caught. I'm sure the tsa folks loved when they got that debrief.

My thought is any halfway decent terrorist can do the same so I prefer to keep the odds in my favor much to the protest of the anti gun policies our region embraces.

But I'm nobody so my opinion doesn't matter and I'll continue to vote with my wallet and frequent gun friendly establishments.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2017, 7:31 PM
CinnamonBear723 CinnamonBear723 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,243
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
Guess I can mark that place off my go-to list.
Me too. Dip N Dots and boysenberry foods are not that important to me.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-11-2017, 7:39 PM
NPFreedom NPFreedom is online now
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,022
iTrader: 78 / 100%
Default

Glad to hear they are still doing the Military Promotion (and presumably LEO promotion the next month) with the new owners. They are good to go in my book.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-11-2017, 7:58 PM
Ron-Solo's Avatar
Ron-Solo Ron-Solo is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hangin in the AZ
Posts: 8,217
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls2monaro View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I still got my gun into Disney even though they don't like people to (I wasn't aware until I got to the downtown Disney entrance). I'm one of those ask for forgiveness type of people if you know what I mean.

Work was nice to enough to send me to all kinds of threat assessment training with the feds and locals throughout my career so scouting any place makes it a breeze to get what I want in. One time we did a "practical" exercise in a class to see what we get into a "secure" facility. Ended up bringing a full auto m4 with 6 loaded mags and flashbangs into an international airport terminal without even coming close to getting caught. I'm sure the tsa folks loved when they got that debrief.

My thought is any halfway decent terrorist can do the same so I prefer to keep the odds in my favor much to the protest of the anti gun policies our region embraces.

But I'm nobody so my opinion doesn't matter and I'll continue to vote with my wallet and frequent gun friendly establishments.
Get caught carrying beyond the security check and you will get a ban for life from all Disney properties and you can count on them notifying your department, if LE, and your issuing agency if just a ccw. They use facial recognition extensively throughout the properties.

Many agencies will discipline employees for violating weapons policies at private property. LASD will impose discipline for such matters, and so will many other agencies.

For you ccw holders, you can probably kiss your ccw goodbye.

You have a choice in my opinion, follow their rules or don’t go. Disney also has lockers for LEOs, but not ccw holders.

As a retired law enforcement officer, it annoys me when guys have the attitude that the rules don’t apply to them. It’s that kind of arrogance that causes some of the mistrust between the public and law enforcement.
__________________
LASD Retired
1978-2011

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-11-2017, 8:38 PM
ls2monaro's Avatar
ls2monaro ls2monaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 566
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Solo View Post
Get caught carrying beyond the security check and you will get a ban for life from all Disney properties and you can count on them notifying your department, if LE, and your issuing agency if just a ccw. They use facial recognition extensively throughout the properties.

Many agencies will discipline employees for violating weapons policies at private property. LASD will impose discipline for such matters, and so will many other agencies.

For you ccw holders, you can probably kiss your ccw goodbye.

You have a choice in my opinion, follow their rules or don’t go. Disney also has lockers for LEOs, but not ccw holders.

As a retired law enforcement officer, it annoys me when guys have the attitude that the rules don’t apply to them. It’s that kind of arrogance that causes some of the mistrust between the public and law enforcement.
Well then it's a good thing I don't work for lasd. Also a good reminder why I don't care for admin folks. I'm comfortable with my stance on the issue and whatever consequence that comes along with it.

Sucks to hear knotts caved, that would make every major park in so cal a no go for cops carrying right?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-11-2017, 10:10 PM
Samuelx Samuelx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,317
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

That SUCKS! If I had wanted higher prices and longer lines and no firearms, I would have gone to Disney. Thanks for the heads up Bobby!

Are Magic Mountain and Universal Studios anti-LEO carry too?

Ron, re: the discipline you mentioned, what policy section(s) is that?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2017, 12:26 AM
Bobby Ricigliano's Avatar
Bobby Ricigliano Bobby Ricigliano is offline
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan
Posts: 15,531
iTrader: 316 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelx View Post
That SUCKS! If I had wanted higher prices and longer lines and no firearms, I would have gone to Disney. Thanks for the heads up Bobby!

Are Magic Mountain and Universal Studios anti-LEO carry too?

Ron, re: the discipline you mentioned, what policy section(s) is that?
You got it Samuel, happy to help.

For the record, I disagree with LS2Monaro and I agree with Ron. I will leave it at that.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2017, 1:51 AM
CaptMike CaptMike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,157
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Hey Samuel
Magic mountain was the first to add metal detectors a few years back due to all the GBs that go to that place. I just went to universal two weeks ago and they also have medal detectors as well. When I went to magic mountain, they told me to take my off duty back to the car. Did not carry to universal so dont know if they have lockers.

Due to our current world, I think this will be the norm at most large locations with lots of people.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-12-2017, 2:28 AM
TrailerparkTrash's Avatar
TrailerparkTrash TrailerparkTrash is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DPRK- Democratic People's Republic of Koreafornia
Posts: 2,170
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Thank goodness I donít spend my free time at amusement parks nor baseball stadiums any longer. If cops with guns arenít welcome, they no longer get my money. Besides, me and the familyís free time is better spent these days armed at ďpro-gunĒ venues like the Sierras while creek fishing and/or golf courses in between.

...and Disneyland; well, Iím not impressed. I imagine itís like walking around at the Bell Gardens swap meet on Saturday mornings. Crowds, thugs, long lines, etc... Disneyland can go suck it with their daily pass costing between $97-125 now and an annual over $600. Thatís money that could be spent on golfing equipment and courses!

Ahhhh the remote great outdoors: No metal detectors, no gun nazis and no heathen miscreant canabalistic humanoid underground dwellers.
__________________


My views:

-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-Hold my beer. Watch this.
-Trump.
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

-🏌️🏌️🏌️
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-12-2017, 6:04 AM
esy esy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 520
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

There is a small LASD service center in the CityWalk where you can lock up your weapon. That was the last time I went there armed though. I think that was right before Harry Potter opened.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-12-2017, 6:26 AM
SarcoBlaster SarcoBlaster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,322
iTrader: 63 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPFreedom View Post
Glad to hear they are still doing the Military Promotion (and presumably LEO promotion the next month) with the new owners. They are good to go in my book.
It's going to be a hot mess with the LEO promotion if they don't have enough firearm lockers.
__________________
"Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." - Heraclitus
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-12-2017, 7:55 AM
TrailerparkTrash's Avatar
TrailerparkTrash TrailerparkTrash is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DPRK- Democratic People's Republic of Koreafornia
Posts: 2,170
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcoBlaster View Post
It's going to be a hot mess with the LEO promotion if they don't have enough firearm lockers.
I donít really think so. So many of the young cops today (not including the ones on this website of course), donít know squat about guns, nor care to even carry while off duty.
__________________


My views:

-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-Hold my beer. Watch this.
-Trump.
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

-🏌️🏌️🏌️
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-12-2017, 10:09 AM
gumby gumby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westminster, Orange County
Posts: 1,707
iTrader: 74 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
I donít really think so. So many of the young cops today (not including the ones on this website of course), donít know squat about guns, nor care to even carry while off duty.
Very true.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Samuelx Samuelx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,317
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Thanks CaptMike!

Boy I can't wait until I retire and move the hell out of CA...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-12-2017, 1:00 PM
Bobby Ricigliano's Avatar
Bobby Ricigliano Bobby Ricigliano is offline
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan
Posts: 15,531
iTrader: 316 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelx View Post
Thanks CaptMike!

Boy I can't wait until I retire and move the hell out of CA...
I do believe that is the consensus. Anywhere where I can find more space, less people, and proper reverence by the .gov for the 2A.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-12-2017, 5:11 PM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is offline
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 10,497
iTrader: 91 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
...an annual over $600. That’s money that could be spent on golfing equipment and courses!
A golf course is a terrible waste of a perfectly good rifle range.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-12-2017, 5:14 PM
Doheny's Avatar
Doheny Doheny is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,331
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

On a positive note, this is coming up: https://www.knotts.com/play/events/f...t-tribute-days

You have to be still on the job or at least have an I.D. that makes you look like you are.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-12-2017, 6:13 PM
Ron-Solo's Avatar
Ron-Solo Ron-Solo is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hangin in the AZ
Posts: 8,217
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelx View Post
That SUCKS! If I had wanted higher prices and longer lines and no firearms, I would have gone to Disney. Thanks for the heads up Bobby!

Are Magic Mountain and Universal Studios anti-LEO carry too?

Ron, re: the discipline you mentioned, what policy section(s) is that?
I had one assigned to me to investigate just before I got hurt and subsequently retired. It was opened under “general behavior”, “obedience to laws, regulations, and orders” and some other general conduct sections. It was reassigned to another lieutenant, so I don’t know what the final outcome was, but the captain was talking about 5 days if founded. Deputy was caught inside California Adventure because he was printing. Concealed may be concealed, but not guaranteed.

He was banned from all Disney properties for life and informed he would be arrested for trespassing if caught. Like I said earlier, they have facial recognition cameras all over the place.

Their house, their rules. Don’t like it, don’t go.
__________________
LASD Retired
1978-2011

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-12-2017, 6:14 PM
badbot's Avatar
badbot badbot is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

some of us remember when Knotts and Disneyland only refused to admit Hippys
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-12-2017, 8:02 PM
Samuelx Samuelx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,317
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Copy Ron, thank you.

lmao badbot
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-13-2017, 7:54 AM
Spec's Avatar
Spec Spec is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 273
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Magic Mountain and Universal are a no go for off duty carry...

I just went to Pauley Pavilion on UCLA campus and was told I couldn't bring my off duty. UCLA PD was nice about letting me store it in their gun locker.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum

John 15:13

donate to support the cause
http://shop42a.com/

"Let us form one body, one heart, and defend to the last warrior our country, our homes, our liberty, and the graves of our fathers." Tecumseh
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-13-2017, 9:52 AM
blueman blueman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 87
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I've gone to Knott's twice in the last year and they have definitely changed the policy on CCW. The first time I went after they had just instituted the security checkpoint, I identified myself and showed my credentials. The security guard waved me through and told me that if I was going on any of the rides I needed to check my weapon in at the security office (in other words it was up to me to do this). Upon showing my PD credentials on my most recent visit, the security supervisor came over and escorted me to the security office to store my weapon. When I was getting ready to leave, I had to find a security officer and let them know to track down the supervisor to let me into the security office to get my weapon back.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-13-2017, 9:53 AM
blueman blueman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 87
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

[QUOTE=Spec;20899243]Magic Mountain and Universal are a no go for off duty carry...




Do they not even provide lockers for LEO's that show up with their weapon?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-13-2017, 10:32 AM
hunterb's Avatar
hunterb hunterb is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SGV
Posts: 2,520
iTrader: 69 / 100%
Default

Many places would PAY to have armed, off-duty LEO's around! Why chase off extra security for free?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthomas View Post
...The hardest part getting rid of crap is getting started.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-13-2017, 8:05 PM
tom2 tom2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 127
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Universal confirmed no go

Universal will refer you to LASD substation (near by) to store it ..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-13-2017, 9:22 PM
Samuelx Samuelx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,317
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Thanks for the info All!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-13-2017, 9:36 PM
Spaffo Spaffo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 90
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Any venue that restricts LEO/retired LEO off-duty carry doesn't get my business. Too bad about Knotts. I'll add it to the list. Hope these places all check the baby's diaper and stoller, etc. Found a few there myself in the day. LOL! Even restricting CCW holders is dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-13-2017, 10:18 PM
TrailerparkTrash's Avatar
TrailerparkTrash TrailerparkTrash is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DPRK- Democratic People's Republic of Koreafornia
Posts: 2,170
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaffo View Post
Any venue that restricts LEO/retired LEO off-duty carry doesn't get my business. Too bad about Knotts. I'll add it to the list. Hope these places all check the baby's diaper and stoller, etc. Found a few there myself in the day. LOL! Even restricting CCW holders is dumb.
Yup!
__________________


My views:

-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-Hold my beer. Watch this.
-Trump.
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

-🏌️🏌️🏌️
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-14-2017, 7:01 AM
micro911's Avatar
micro911 micro911 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LOS ANGELES COUNTY
Posts: 1,848
iTrader: 74 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
On a positive note, this is coming up: https://www.knotts.com/play/events/f...t-tribute-days

You have to be still on the job or at least have an I.D. that makes you look like you are.
Retirees are not included..

Oh, well.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-14-2017, 1:42 PM
benjamin101677 benjamin101677 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 431
iTrader: 6 / 88%
Default

Too many law enforcement officers have done stupid things with there off duty weapons when attending events. Especially if they are consuming alcohol beverages. I know of a few officers in the Central Valley that did really stupid things at events off duty with their weapons. Ruined it for all.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-14-2017, 2:36 PM
avbear63's Avatar
avbear63 avbear63 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: East Bay Nor Cal
Posts: 121
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default question

Are their security guards armed?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-14-2017, 2:51 PM
CSACANNONEER's Avatar
CSACANNONEER CSACANNONEER is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 42,025
iTrader: 127 / 100%
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
I don’t really think so. So many of the young cops today (not including the ones on this website of course), don’t know squat about guns, nor care to even carry while off duty.
LOL, That's nothing new and it's not just young ones. Over the last 40 years or so, I've met plenty of older LEOs who know squat about firearms. If they aren't gun people, they aren't gun people no matter what their chosen profession or age is. Does everyone who drives a car every day know every make and model of vehicle on the road? Do they all know how each part of a car works? Hell, most don't even know proper vehicle maintenance. It's no different with firearms or anything else.
__________________
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
Ventura County approved CCW Instructor


Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

Last edited by CSACANNONEER; 11-14-2017 at 2:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-14-2017, 7:33 PM
koiloco koiloco is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 354
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
LOL, That's nothing new and it's not just young ones. Over the last 40 years or so, I've met plenty of older LEOs who know squat about firearms. If they aren't gun people, they aren't gun people no matter what their chosen profession or age is. Does everyone who drives a car every day know every make and model of vehicle on the road? Do they all know how each part of a car works? Hell, most don't even know proper vehicle maintenance. It's no different with firearms or anything else.
+++1
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-14-2017, 7:39 PM
SMarquez SMarquez is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,958
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
On a positive note, this is coming up: https://www.knotts.com/play/events/f...t-tribute-days

You have to be still on the job or at least have an I.D. that makes you look like you are.
Really? Explorers but not retired? Oh, well, no thanks for your service.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-14-2017, 8:09 PM
Samuelx Samuelx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,317
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMarquez View Post
Really? Explorers but not retired? Oh, well, no thanks for your service.
Wow, I didn't read that far down. Yes to exploders but No to retired folks??? **** you very much Knotts!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-14-2017, 9:50 PM
CBR_rider CBR_rider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,894
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin101677 View Post
Too many law enforcement officers have done stupid things with there off duty weapons when attending events. Especially if they are consuming alcohol beverages. I know of a few officers in the Central Valley that did really stupid things at events off duty with their weapons. Ruined it for all.
I'm sure some have done some stupid stuff with a firearm off duty but other than the whole "one incident is one too many" I'm not really sure that there was a rash of stupid cops doing stupid things off duty at public events. I have asked friends who work security at MLB/NBA/NFL games and they can't name one incident with an off duty LEO who was armed and did something dumb with a firearm. They obviously weren't everywhere all the time; but I figured at least one of them would be able to tell me something.

I'm not calling you a liar if you know of these incidents first hand; I'm just merely stating that it doesn't seem to have been any worse than the gang fights, drunken brawls, fans getting stabbed/beat down, that still occur from the rest of the populace.

But back to the OP; well... I can deal with a private entity that provides decent security and provides me with a location to lock up my firearm so I can be armed to/from the event/location. The whole "lock it up in your car so it can be stolen" routine is indefensible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
[BTW, I have no problem seeing DEA Agents and drug cops hanging from ropes, but that's a separate political issue.]
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-14-2017, 9:59 PM
Ron-Solo's Avatar
Ron-Solo Ron-Solo is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hangin in the AZ
Posts: 8,217
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbear63 View Post
Are their security guards armed?
No, but they also have Buena Park PD officers assigned their under contract just like Disney does with Anaheim PD.
__________________
LASD Retired
1978-2011

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-16-2017, 12:44 PM
joefrank64k's Avatar
joefrank64k joefrank64k is offline
@ the Dark End of the Bar
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 8,832
iTrader: 224 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
On a positive note, this is coming up: https://www.knotts.com/play/events/f...t-tribute-days

You have to be still on the job or at least have an I.D. that makes you look like you are.
I’m surprised they still offer this...any of you folks remember a few years back when they caught some coppers scalping their (totally free back then) tribute tickets outside the front entrance?? What a disgrace.

ETA: I just read that the first two are still free. Again, surprised they still offer this.
__________________
You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
Come on...what harm??
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:28 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.