Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 04-04-2017, 8:31 AM

Default Connecticut Non Resident Permit

Just finished sending in my application for Connecticut. They do not honor any training except NRA Basic Pistol certificate so I had to take that class.

Filled out the forms, new photo, fingerprint card, etc.

Must have permit for home state of residence.

They say 8 weeks so, I will see if I get it by May 30, 2017.

My daughter lives in Connecticut, so I thought it would be prudent.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Does CT get you anything other than CT?

Edit: Nm, it does, but nothing I don't already have except CT.
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love. -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Last edited by baggss; 04-04-2017 at 12:19 PM..
Old 04-04-2017, 9:20 PM

I grew up in that craphole. To purchase a pistol in CT you need a CCW. They call in a case concealed. CA is Texas compared to them...

If you do visit, be careful with printing. This is one of the states that looses it over the issue and there are tons of concern citizens...
" A Free People Ought Not Only Be Armed And Disciplined But Should Have Sufficient Arms And Ammunition To Maintain A Status Of Independence From Any Who Might Attempt To Abuse Them, Which Also Includes Their Own Government."
~George Washington~
Old 04-07-2017, 11:31 PM

Connecticut is actually a statutory "may-issue" state, however in practice they are currently a de facto "shall-issue" state. This of course could change at any time on a political whim. Good luck on getting your permit, keep us updated here please!
Old 04-09-2017, 12:26 PM

Yes I don't gain anything but CT with it as My CA, NV, AZ, UT, & FL cover anything that honors CT.

Yes will be aware of printing, good thing it's fall so jackets will be required.

Joe
Old 04-12-2017, 7:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB6HRO View Post
Just finished sending in my application for Connecticut.

Must have permit for home state of residence.
they told me they would accept a permit from any state, not just my state of residence (since im never going to get california based on where i live).

but if you are correct i would be wasting my time applying - can you point me to where it says that?
Old 04-12-2017, 1:07 PM

Sec. 29-28. Permit for sale at retail of pistol or revolver. Permit to carry pistol or revolver. Confidentiality of name and address of permit holder. Permits for out-of-state residents.
(f) Any bona fide resident of the United States having no bona fide permanent residence within the jurisdiction of any local authority in the state, but who has a permit or license to carry a pistol or revolver issued by the authority of another state or subdivision of the United States, may apply directly to the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection for a permit to carry a pistol or revolver in this state. All provisions of subsections (b), (c), (d) and (e) of this section shall apply to applications for a permit received by the commissioner under this subsection.
Old 04-12-2017, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Sec. 29-28. Permit for sale at retail of pistol or revolver. Permit to carry pistol or revolver. Confidentiality of name and address of permit holder. Permits for out-of-state residents.
(f) Any bona fide resident of the United States having no bona fide permanent residence within the jurisdiction of any local authority in the state, but who has a permit or license to carry a pistol or revolver issued by the authority of another state or subdivision of the United States, may apply directly to the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection for a permit to carry a pistol or revolver in this state. All provisions of subsections (b), (c), (d) and (e) of this section shall apply to applications for a permit received by the commissioner under this subsection.
ok, that works, "issued by the authority of another state" would seem to allow any state, not just my home state, which matches up with what they told me on the phone.
Old 04-26-2017, 4:04 PM

Well they sent me a letter and new fingerprint cards on April 24. Apparently they didn't like the way they were rolled.

Got them redone and mailed back on April 25. So the wait goes on. LOL
Old 05-26-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Well they sent me a letter and new fingerprint cards on April 24. Apparently they didn't like the way they were rolled.

Got them redone and mailed back on April 25. So the wait goes on. LOL

That sucks, been there done that! Good luck with CT....

PS: Extra class huh?
Old 06-28-2017, 5:41 AM

Update: Got my CT permit last week so total time was 75 days. That's a drop in the bucket compared to California! LOL

Baja Daze, yes I got my Extra Class years ago when we had to do the 20 WPM code test. Got to take my General and Advanced at the FCC office in Long Beach, what an experience. LOL

Last edited by WB6HRO; 06-28-2017 at 5:44 AM..
Old 09-02-2017, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Update: Got my CT permit last week so total time was 75 days. That's a drop in the bucket compared to California! LOL
what did you use for "Reason for Permit:"

i have read conflicting reports on what they accept, but it may just be changing over time...

Last edited by markgca; 09-02-2017 at 2:47 PM..
Old 09-04-2017, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Baja Daze, yes I got my Extra Class years ago when we had to do the 20 WPM code test. Got to take my General and Advanced at the FCC office in Long Beach, what an experience. LOL
Congrats man.... nice little collection you got going =)
Old 10-08-2017, 6:42 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!

I just filled out my renewel papers and I am sending them in this week. I have only been to Connecticut once and that was many years ago, which was the original reason for me getting it. I thought about not renewing since I have no plans to go there but since I already have it I figured I'd renew it. Cost $70.00.
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!