Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-18-2013, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhog View Post
Guys,
Is it ok to use reload for range qualification? Thanks.
AVGC requires Factory Ammo, I dont know about the San Bernardino Range rules but I would guess they are the same.

I went to AVGC in march and they required factory loads.
Old 10-18-2013, 8:11 PM
CGSSA Associate

The info that I got says to bring 20 rounds of factory ammo.
Old 10-18-2013, 9:17 PM

Thank-you.
Old 10-19-2013, 5:11 PM
CGSSA Associate

Class is done! And considering that I'm not the type to sit on my *** for 6 hours, it wasn't at all bad. There was some things mentioned that were kind of presented as being law, that I don't think is law, but I'm going to get some clarification before I get into it. They did say that SBSO's goal is to be the #1 issuing agency by next year and the current approval is around 98%.
Old 10-20-2013, 2:17 AM

Is it difficult to get a ccw im new to the area i was wondering what the process was like i'm thinking about getting my ccw
Old 10-20-2013, 2:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymz View Post
Class is done! And considering that I'm not the type to sit on my *** for 6 hours, it wasn't at all bad. There was some things mentioned that were kind of presented as being law, that I don't think is law, but I'm going to get some clarification before I get into it. They did say that SBSO's goal is to be the #1 issuing agency by next year and the current approval is around 98%.
I thought they were #1, if not close. Whose #1 currently?
Old 10-20-2013, 7:16 AM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto805 View Post
Is it difficult to get a ccw im new to the area i was wondering what the process was like i'm thinking about getting my ccw
It's not difficult here. Time consuming, but not difficult. One of the instructors basically said that there's 3 reasons to get denied. 1) you can't legally possess firearms. 2) you lie on the application & 3) you lie on the application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel-tec-innovations View Post
I thought they were too. I don't know who #1 is currently. I should have asked.

Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:21 AM

Class was good. SBSO is definitely on our side! Just waiting for the call to pick up now. Good meeting a few of you yesterday.
Old 10-20-2013, 1:07 PM

Quote:
I believe Kern was #1 in 2011...not sure about last year. See the chart courtesy of Cujo on NV Shooters.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...0b624ff504.jpg

Last edited by Haz; 10-20-2013 at 1:09 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 10-21-2013, 12:12 AM

[QUOTE=jaymz;12581046]It's not difficult here. Time consuming, but not difficult. One of the instructors basically said that there's 3 reasons to get denied. 1) you can't legally possess firearms. 2) you lie on the application & 3) you lie on the application.

Thanks ima try to get my ccw this year hopefully
Old 10-22-2013, 9:21 AM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Berto805;12587159]
Quote:
It's not difficult here. Time consuming, but not difficult. One of the instructors basically said that there's 3 reasons to get denied. 1) you can't legally possess firearms. 2) you lie on the application & 3) you lie on the application.

Heads up and words of advice to others, my CCW interviewer said on one of my GC that if I fear great bodily injury when I go out off roading, camping, recreating in BLM area due to help being far away and bad cell reception she said that I should not go and completely avoid it and is NOT a GC. Its the reason why I need a CCW not avoid my enjoyment and pursuit of happiness. Otherwise my other GC was good.

I was a bit upset since its what I enjoy doing. I kind of don't understand the logic behind the detective (interviewer). Its like if I live in a bad area, Move then. If I carry money for business, then find another job. If I drive through bad area's, then find another way around. She gave me a vibe of not gun friendly. Your mileage may vary.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Veteran Member

Rant on proof of residence logic. #3 and #4

I have had issue with proof residence #3 and #4, hopefully this rant will help new applicant what works and doesn't. I been living in SB county since 1993 and moved into another SB county city in 2003 but with my parents. My name is not on any Grant deeds, Property Tax, or utilities. This problem could arise for spouses also.

For #4 I made a copy of the Grant Deed and had a letter notarized stating I live at the residence which is good enough for #4 (this is not sufficient for #3). This really doesn't prove anything, similar to whats stated below.

For #3 They require utility bills which I do not have, which can be fixed by adding your name to the utility. If you can, do it. Make sure its either gas, electric or water, everything else they have no interest. If you rent, bring rental agreement that states utility is covered by landlord etc.

I have other proof which I think is very sufficient from government source, but it will not work, so this might save you time on trying to gather whats listed below:

-Certificate of naturalization by US department of homeland security that the secretary of homeland security in San Bernardino states I reside in my current address after extensive background check by FBI under character, residence, employments etc.

-California DOJ sales of firearms record with address since 2008 to current all in chronological order which ATF/FBI background checked and DOJ checks my current address with credit/bank statements, car registration, Drivers license etc.

-DMV drivers license with current address since 2004

-All vehicle registration/pink slips since 2008 same address

-Jury Duty stubs from superior court of California, same address

-California Department of Insurance license for life and health insurance with my address. With this license I've gone through finger print live scan since 2008.

-License with address for refrigerant recovery & recycling certification program for section 609 of the CAA.

and many more from gov. schools K-12, certifications, phone bills etc. all stating the same address WILL NOT work.

Here is the rant:
What don't make sense to me is after all that would someone really go through all that just to fake or falsify residence through multiple government source since 2004, 9 years of proof just to obtain a CCW in 2013?

Wheres the logic in this?

The interviewer said just add your name to the utility bills, which I end up doing, but what does that really proof? If I can just add my name to the utility right now or anytime it proves what?

Its seriously a joke as this whole process is to discourage non-home owners, spouses, students etc. to jump through pointless hoops.

The utility bills honestly proves nothing. Anyone can rent their property out and pay the utility for the tenant and landlord living else where. So the logic of the interviewer adding my name to utility makes no sense. Example: I can take someone living in LA county put their name in my utility and claims he's a SB resident and completely #3. Kind of stupid right?

If the investigator is possibly going to visit the applicants resident and interview surrounding neighbors that could vouch that I have lived there since I was a kid, it should be sufficient.

I even have a Superior court Judge that lives next door who I talk to often that can vouch for my residence since I was a kid.

Hopefully in the future if Sheriff Paul gets elected the CCW process might get better and have more logic and sense for future applicants.

Who am I kidding, its the Government and its California. The words Logic and Government/California is like apples and oranges.
Old 10-24-2013, 8:51 AM

Well here's a new one.

My (step) son has used his mothers maiden name as his last name for 27 years. His birth cert shows a name he has never used.

The STATE says it's fine. The DMV shows an "aka" of his birth name.
ALL school records match his drivers license.
He's allowed to vote and buy firearms...and serve 3 tours in Iraq.
A passport is doable as well...

SB Sheriff "Policy" is that they will not even accept his application unless he files with the court for a legal name change because his Birth Cert doesn't match his license...

Ca State law does NOT require you to go to court to pick a name. Your name is as simple as what you are known as.

This happened today at his interview. No interview. They didn't accept his application. They aren't going to accept mine either...

Last edited by SmokinMr2; 10-24-2013 at 8:55 AM..
Old 10-24-2013, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinMr2 View Post
Well here's a new one.

My (step) son has used his mothers maiden name as his last name for 27 years. His birth cert shows a name he has never used.

SB Sheriff "Policy" is that they will not even accept his application unless he files with the court for a legal name change because his Birth Cert doesn't match his license...

Ca State law does NOT require you to go to court to pick a name. Your name is as simple as what you are known as.

This happened today at his interview. No interview. They didn't accept his application. They aren't going to accept mine either...
What? How do they even know what it on his birth certificate? Not that I have any legal knowledge of any kind, but this seems to me like something that should definitely be challenged. If he can get a passport then that should be more than enough. That must be incredibly frustrating. 3 tours in Iraq and can't get a LTC in his hometown? Pitiful, just pitiful, and a disgrace to our society. I certainly would think this is one the CGF Sunshine and Compliance people could get behind. Perhaps you should share his name with us and we could start a letter writing campaign in support of him? I bet the sheriff doesn't want to start answering a bunch of questions about why he is trampling the rights of our Veterans with an election year coming. I would wager that as soon as they got more than just one or two letters and realized this was getting out into a public forum, they would move pretty quick to douse the flames.

Why are they not accepting yours?

What is the NRA doing for YOU in YOUR local area? Click to find out.

"Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight" -2nd Samuel 10:12

Stop worrying about the zombie apocalypse, it ain't gonna happen. The moron apocalypse has already begun though.

Last edited by Dirte; 10-24-2013 at 9:47 AM..
Old 10-24-2013, 12:58 PM

They require your birth cert when you turn in the ap.

Their "policy" is that your birth cert must match your ID, or you need a court order changing your name.
This is NOT within State law.
Mine is going to be the same problem, except that it's been 49 years of using my step dads last name...
The State told me way back when I got my first drivers license all they required was an "aka" at the dmv.

They won't even accept the ap. Guess that's better than a denial...

I emailed Brandon but I don't think anyone is working on this stuff anymore
Old 10-24-2013, 2:22 PM

[QUOTE=kel-tec-innovations;12596941]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto805 View Post

Heads up and words of advice to others, my CCW interviewer said on one of my GC that if I fear great bodily injury when I go out off roading, camping, recreating in BLM area due to help being far away and bad cell reception she said that I should not go and completely avoid it and is NOT a GC. Its the reason why I need a CCW not avoid my enjoyment and pursuit of happiness. Otherwise my other GC was good.

I was a bit upset since its what I enjoy doing. I kind of don't understand the logic behind the detective (interviewer). Its like if I live in a bad area, Move then. If I carry money for business, then find another job. If I drive through bad area's, then find another way around. She gave me a vibe of not gun friendly. Your mileage may vary.
Without going into my GC too much, I will say that I included stuff regarding camping, hunting, hiking, etc on mine and the person conducting my interview didnt say anything about it. That being said, my range day is Nov 10.
Old 10-24-2013, 3:36 PM
CGSSA Associate

^^^^ That was about 60% of my GC as well. I pick up my card whenever it's ready.
Old 10-24-2013, 3:40 PM

SB Petition for name change $435.00
Old 10-24-2013, 3:47 PM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Garyson1311;12615144]
Quote:

Without going into my GC too much, I will say that I included stuff regarding camping, hunting, hiking, etc on mine and the person conducting my interview didnt say anything about it. That being said, my range day is Nov 10.
I guess I was unlucky to have a interviewer/detective that doesn't believe in CCW. Like I mentioned she gives me the vibe that she believe regular citizens shouldn't have guns for protection. Only victims of a crime or business owners.
Old 10-24-2013, 3:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well here's a new one.

Another illogical stubborn policy of CCW.

I think its easier to qualify for being the President of the United States than get a CCW. Probably easier to get a Noble Peace prize lol

If a person can be a president with no real birth certificate and fake fabricated birth certificates, used various names, used someone elses social security #, used illegal drugs etc. I can't see why someone that served the country with the same name used consistently throughout his life can't qualify just to turn in his application for CCW. Sigh, this country is so backwards in its policy.
Old 10-24-2013, 9:20 PM

Quote:
They require your birth cert when you turn in the ap.

Their "policy" is that your birth cert must match your ID, or you need a court order changing your name.
This is NOT within State law.
Mine is going to be the same problem, except that it's been 49 years of using my step dads last name...
The State told me way back when I got my first drivers license all they required was an "aka" at the dmv.

They won't even accept the ap. Guess that's better than a denial...

I emailed Brandon but I don't think anyone is working on this stuff anymore
Man that really is frustrating. I sure hope that's not the case and that Brandon is able to help you. If not, I was serious about letter writing campaign. I'd gladly write one. Seems to me like the veteran angle would be a very workable thing in that regard, at least for his app. Maybe you could also try to call/write the sheriff in person to plead your case. Perhaps you could get an opinion piece in one of the local papers to try and stir up some controversy, again by working the Veteran angle. This is just so stupid.

What is the NRA doing for YOU in YOUR local area? Click to find out.

"Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight" -2nd Samuel 10:12

Stop worrying about the zombie apocalypse, it ain't gonna happen. The moron apocalypse has already begun though.
Old 10-27-2013, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Was that Jon Marhoefer that told you that?
Old 10-28-2013, 4:06 AM
CGSSA Associate

No, it wasn't John Marhoefer.

Last edited by jaymz; 10-28-2013 at 4:08 AM..
Old 10-28-2013, 3:57 PM

[QUOTE=Berto805;12587159]
Quote:

Or 4: You're considered Guilty before proven innocent. With the right accusation, you will get denied, even if unproven.
Old 10-28-2013, 6:08 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopal View Post

Or 4: You're considered Guilty before proven innocent. With the right accusation, you will get denied, even if unproven.
Care to elaborate?

Old 10-29-2013, 6:37 AM

Quote:
Care to elaborate?
If you get accused of domestic violence, it's all over. All they need is suspicion. It's actually in their "official" policy. No proof needed, nothing.

To us that have gone through a divorce, it's the easiest accusation for a partner to make and it's what divorce lawyers call a "slam dunk."
Old 11-05-2013, 6:32 AM

Anyone from Oct 19 range day get the call yet?
Old 11-05-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnut View Post
Not I.

Old 11-05-2013, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetIE View Post
The clerk who gave me the packet informed me nothing would happen UNTIL i were to return with said packet completed and cash/check/MO in hand - i asked about the scheduling process.

Ill go back to the PD tomorrow and try to get this straightened out, shouldnt be this hard to get a NO!
I live in Upland also, so I was curious as to the outcome with the local police department. Did they make you fill out paperwork and have an interview? It'd be great if they were helpful and just gave you a letter. I want to get the CCW process started, so I wanted to see if I could get a tip/heads up before I go visit UPD. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2013, 4:14 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnut View Post
Got the call today. CCW is ready to pick up. Unfortunately I'm in Vegas for the SEMA Show and won't be able to pick up until Friday.

Old 11-05-2013, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Got the call today. CCW is ready to pick up. Unfortunately I'm in Vegas for the SEMA Show and won't be able to pick up until Friday.
I also got the call today from Joyce, later in the afternoon. Too late to make the drive from work to pick it up in time with the rush hour traffic. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Old 11-05-2013, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Since you are at the show can you grab the fender flares off of the AEV dodge ram for me
Old 11-05-2013, 5:50 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkWgn View Post
Since you are at the show can you grab the fender flares off of the AEV dodge ram for me
I'll see what I can do!

Old 11-05-2013, 5:54 PM

Quote:
I'll see what I can do!
In all seriousness, a couple of pictures of the control arms / suspension would be awesome
Old 11-05-2013, 6:54 PM
CGSSA Associate

I can do that.
Old 11-05-2013, 9:27 PM

Default WooHoo

Also got my pick up call today!
Old 11-06-2013, 6:30 AM

Did any of you take the class at the apple valley gun club? Did they do weak hand shooting? Also, it list that a holster is required for your gun. Are there any requirements on the type of holster? (Is a pocket holster acceptable for them?)
Old 11-06-2013, 6:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonorousAria View Post
Did any of you take the class at the apple valley gun club? Did they do weak hand shooting? Also, it list that a holster is required for your gun. Are there any requirements on the type of holster? (Is a pocket holster acceptable for them?)
When I took the class in Sep at AVG it was 2 hand shooting, and even though the paperwork said to bring a holster, they did not want to you use them, and never looked at them.
Old 11-06-2013, 6:46 AM

Thank you!!
Old 11-06-2013, 6:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonorousAria View Post
Thank you!!
Np, good luck and carry safe