Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-18-2018, 9:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
Why not have mandatory cameras in houses to make sure no one is beating their children or spouse?
While we are at it how about mandatory GPS installed in vehicles to make sure no one is speeding. The GPS can have a unique identifier to make sure the car is not stolen...
We know from studies that a lower speed limit on freeways reduces traffic accident frequency, severity and deaths - remember 55 mph during the gas shortages? And we know that increasing the price of a pack of cigarettes by "X" reduces consumption by "Y" percent, I don't recall the exact figures. We know these things without much controversy.

We don't know that mandatory background checks, UBC and the registration that must follow accomplishes anything. And yet, we have CA gunowners voluntarily suggesting it ought to be law.
Old 01-19-2018, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
We know from studies that a lower speed limit on freeways reduces traffic accident frequency, severity and deaths - remember 55 mph during the gas shortages? And we know that increasing the price of a pack of cigarettes by "X" reduces consumption by "Y" percent, I don't recall the exact figures. We know these things without much controversy.

We don't know that mandatory background checks, UBC and the registration that must follow accomplishes anything. And yet, we have CA gunowners voluntarily suggesting it ought to be law.
Prof. Lott indicates that none of the above "Gun Crime Solutions" actually
reduce crime in the areas implemented.

He posits that the high cost of registration in areas like DC ($125)
might actually INCREASE crime because the people who need a
gun the most to defend themselves and family cannot afford it.

I seem to recall this from his 2016 book "The War on Guns", which I can't
verify at the moment because I seemed to have misplaced my copy.

Noble