Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 01-14-2013, 6:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertjosh View Post
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Amen!
Old 01-14-2013, 6:26 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPro View Post
http://youtu.be/Wx9GxXYKx_8

Watch this video. Then you can decide whats coming and what isnt.
can you summarize for us... it's 30 minutes long (a long time to spend on a vid we know nothing about)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 01-14-2013, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyruiz View Post
Wow, just wow!!
I've been following that, and I'm not sure what to think. There is so much strange tv footage that one can't rationally explain. I'm not saying that a mass shooting can be rationally explained, but after living for almost 34 years, and having a college degree at a major University... I'm not dumb. Arrogant yes, stubborn yes, but not dumb or ignorant.

Maybe they authorized actors because the families were too distraught to appear on camera. Maybe the gov staged it. Maybe the gov did it. Maybe it was as it happened. How are you going the convince anyone who is set on their ways. You need to have clear indisputable evidence that the masses will accept as true. Just because the evidence is out there doesn't mean that anyone will listen or care either. So frustrating. It would take hacking groups like anonymous at this point to help show the government had anything to do with it.

Btw I have 2 crosman 22xx air rifles. Both are 10 shot magazine with hpa and can be filled to 1800psi from a scuba tank. One shoots .22 pellets at 800fps, the other 1000-1200fps. Are they going to require my magazine is less then 10 shots and I can't fill up past 200 psi air now because the kid from El Dorado Hills, CA [http://www.news10.net/rss/article/16...ilar-tragedies] was accidentally shot with a pump air rifle? Maybe they outlaw all bb guns that aren't airsoft for now... until someone loses an eye from an orange pellet.
Old 01-14-2013, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
can you summarize for us... it's 30 minutes long (a long time to spend on a vid we know nothing about)...
The original video was put together by a far right wing, that's a little too happy to show evidence, versus stay rational and try to convince the middle to slightly lefts that the government was capable of staging a "false flag" operation. There is a lot of video of the government providing false information and proven wrong. There's time lines that are off by an hour. There's pictures of all emergency vehicles being "trapped on set". There's tweets from unknowing reporters on "set" before Adam Lanza even fired the first shot. There's pictures of the victims with Obama, after the shooting occurred. Try to look at what's out there and be open minded. It's easy and hard to explain it both ways.
Old 01-14-2013, 7:08 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm123 View Post
The original video was put together by a far right wing, that's a little too happy to show evidence, versus stay rational and try to convince the middle to slightly lefts that the government was capable of staging a "false flag" operation. There is a lot of video of the government providing false information and proven wrong. There's time lines that are off by an hour. There's pictures of all emergency vehicles being "trapped on set". There's tweets from unknowing reporters on "set" before Adam Lanza even fired the first shot. There's pictures of the victims with Obama, after the shooting occurred. Try to look at what's out there and be open minded. It's easy and hard to explain it both ways.
thanks for the summary... I had a feeling it was something like that (after reading another recent post)...

I can't say the thought had not crossed my mind (when each of the recent events took place) - that it could be staged or set-up... but I can't fathom it really... I'm not one to buy into the idea that we didn't land on the moon (and we know there are many conspiracy theorists that have "evidence" that we didn't).

I'll have a look at the vid when I can devote 30 minutes to it... it will be hard not to be skeptical though.
Quote:
Quote:
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 01-14-2013, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auctioneer View Post
With a Republican majority in the house and even Harry Reid in the Senate saying that they're not sure if there is enough support for an AWB ..... it looks like we may not be seeing one.

Right now.

Obama is no amateur when it comes to politics. With lack of support in the House, rumblings in the Seanate and the people voting with their pocketbooks (panic buying and hoarding), the political climate just might not be right for an AWB.

The Dems want to re-take the House and hopefully add to their majority in the Seanate in 2014 so they are very concious of the political climate.

What, IMHO we are going to see via Executive Order is, universal background checks nationwide for every purchase and transfer of any gun. Maybe, excepting antiques and black powder only. Restictions on so called "high capacity magazines" and, some sort of restiction on ammunition, perhaps in the form of a limitation on amounts purchased, banning of interstate sales via the internet or mail order to private individuals or some sort of added tax to increase the price to exhorbitant levels making large quanity purchases impractical for the average person.

Just my $0.02

ETA - watch the "fiscal cliff" issue. If the Dems can paint the Republicans in the worst way - they stand a better chance of accomplishing their congressional goals in '14. One more mass murder like Conneticut or colorado and THEN you have your ban. Make no mistake, the Administration is willing to wait.
my thoughts exactly! thanks for sharing that.
Old 01-14-2013, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
thanks for the summary... I had a feeling it was something like that (after reading another recent post)...

I can't say the thought had not crossed my mind (when each of the recent events took place) - that it could be staged or set-up... but I can't fathom it really... I'm not one to buy into the idea that we didn't land on the moon (and we know there are many conspiracy theorists that have "evidence" that we didn't).

I'll have a look at the vid when I can devote 30 minutes to it... it will be hard not to be skeptical though.
I brought up the topic to a gun owning coworker who lives in another state. They would have nothing to do with anyone that would even look at or consider the idea that evidence might exist. I shut up an agreed real quick. I just don't know what to think about it at this point, except it is disappointing that we as Americans have to deal with this. Especially since we are all still in the scared 9-11 mentality. We should be wanting to defend our self from all the terror cells that the government officials claim exist in our country.

Last edited by pm123; 01-14-2013 at 7:23 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 8:02 PM
AKA: Joe Censored

If SB47 becomes law, expect serious CA panic buying. Don't pass up your chance for a RAW guys.
Old 01-14-2013, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aca View Post
California has a veto-proof Dem majority known for passing extremist laws.

Not sure how hard I'd start laughing just yet.
My biggest fear as well.

I find that 90% of the questions asked here have been answered 20 or more years ago by Jeff in hid Gargantuan Gunsite Gossip books.

"Taking a rifle to a gunfight is the equivalent of taking a chainsaw to a knife fight." Lt. Col. Grossman in On Combat (Sec 2, Ch 1)
Old 01-14-2013, 8:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie916 View Post
So now that talks of the AWB not happening, I sit back and laugh at all the people who overpaid in a panic.. people are such sheep
Well, three pages of posts and nothing from the OP to defend his stance. Sadly a naive youngster.

Last edited by pc_load_letter; 01-14-2013 at 8:46 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 8:46 PM

Quote:
What, IMHO we are going to see via Executive Order is, universal background checks nationwide for every purchase and transfer of any gun. Maybe, excepting antiques and black powder only. Restictions on so called "high capacity magazines" and, some sort of restiction on ammunition, perhaps in the form of a limitation on amounts purchased, banning of interstate sales via the internet or mail order to private individuals or some sort of added tax to increase the price to exhorbitant levels making large quanity purchases impractical for the average person.
And bans on importation for guns & ammunition "not for sporting purposes." Which, according to General Secretary Obama and Commissar General Eric H. "Waco" Holder, Jr., will be pretty much everything.

Ordering the BATF and the FBI (NICS) to engage in "work stoppage" is another possibility, in order to create as much Soviet-style red tape as possible, delaying things weeks, months, or even years for transactions.

Quote:
ETA - watch the "fiscal cliff" issue. If the Dems can paint the Republicans in the worst way - they stand a better chance of accomplishing their congressional goals in '14. One more mass murder like Conneticut or colorado and THEN you have your ban. Make no mistake, the Administration is willing to wait.
I don't think they'll wait too long.

I imagine this is what will happen: Feinswine's bill will be readied, and then put on standby. Then, another engineered "lone gunman" attack - or two - will be made to occur, and quickly thereafter, the votes in the Senate & House will be scheduled. Even RINOs will vote for it. This is how the USA PATRIOT [sic] Act was rammed through (it was readied for 9/11, and then imposed shortly thereafter).
Old 01-14-2013, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgen4runner View Post
Still doesn't change the fact that there is a small supply and huge demand...
Exactly!
Old 01-14-2013, 9:10 PM

Im glad they did I cashed out! hahaha
Old 01-14-2013, 9:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neouser View Post
Wait wait wait wait wait. Am I reading that right? It looks like it says that all guns between 2001 and 2014 will be required to register as "assault weapons." If that's true, does that mean the bullet buttons can come off?
I think it's the pre-ban ones. Key words "does not have a fixed magazine".
Old 01-14-2013, 9:16 PM

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/nat...XJWTZh8i3WQWyI
Old 01-14-2013, 9:59 PM
Working my *** off...
CGN Contributor

Location: Three places, the office, the house, and the reloading bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizFyrFyter View Post
Interesting read. The 7 round mag cap, is just....weird.

Time to fight in 2015 using FPC: https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/california/

Contact Brown through email: http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
Old 01-14-2013, 10:09 PM

I hope I can score a cheap upper on the marketplace
Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 PM

Yeah New York just proved if a Federal AWB isn't going to happen, CA may push something through like just happened in NY a few hours ago.

New York just made a large number of semi-automatic handguns "assault weapons" and made any magazine more than 10 rounds illegal in a year. And with those 10 rounders you are only supposed to have a maximum of 7 rounds in them... figure that one out.

During the debate, Greg Ball called the whole scheme for what it is... doing nothing to address crime and a stunt for Cuomo for his 2016 presidential bid.

It's not over yet.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 PM

Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 PM

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-gun-ban-bill/
Old 01-14-2013, 11:03 PM

they make it seem that it is difficult to acquire illegal weapons...
true it cost a bit more to get it and using the armory is a little
frightning because you dont know how really is on the other end
of the vpn/tor/ssh connection.

I remember when my dad used to take me to light em up creek to shoot guns by the I15 in san bernardino. untill one guy came with an auto shotty and put slugs on our truck. never came back since then.
Old 01-15-2013, 7:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 AM

Newbie here, so ban doesnt come but sb 47 passes, do i HAVE to register my AR? Im confused what i' ll have to do with the magazine part. Can someone explain please? Thanks.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeusa View Post
In a bad way usually.

Gad, I signed onto Ruger to have them send emails to my senators. Only 2 were Republican, luckily I know both to be pro-2A. But what a bunch of losers..

If their job is to uphold and defend the Constitution...shouldn't they ALL be 2A defenders? I know...just sayin'.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geared Hub View Post
Yeah New York just proved if a Federal AWB isn't going to happen, CA may push something through like just happened in NY a few hours ago.

New York just made a large number of semi-automatic handguns "assault weapons" and made any magazine more than 10 rounds illegal in a year. And with those 10 rounders you are only supposed to have a maximum of 7 rounds in them... figure that one out.

During the debate, Greg Ball called the whole scheme for what it is... doing nothing to address crime and a stunt for Cuomo for his 2016 presidential bid.

It's not over yet.
it's almost as if they are in cahoots with the manufacturers... initially with hi-cap ban scare, everyone went on panic buy spree for 30 rounders...

now they decide, hmmm... no one is buying 10 round mags, let's change that
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 01-15-2013, 1:27 PM

I talked to a guy today who in his words "escaped from a communist country". He said that the current "gun control", bans, etc are all too familiar to the communist country he grew up in. Where he grew up, people were allowed one muzzle loaded weapon. When the government has unlimited firepower, what chance do you have with one shot?

It's the fact that more and more bans or restrictions are being input in place. So this year they take "x,y, and z" from us. Next year, what will it be? Keep moving it forward and soon we could end up with a single shot .22 pistol. Just make me wonder when somebody has lived it sees it happening here on our soil!!
Old 01-15-2013, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwindsurf78 View Post
I talked to a guy today who in his words "escaped from a communist country". He said that the current "gun control", bans, etc are all too familiar to the communist country he grew up in. Where he grew up, people were allowed one muzzle loaded weapon. When the government has unlimited firepower, what chance do you have with one shot?

It's the fact that more and more bans or restrictions are being input in place. So this year they take "x,y, and z" from us. Next year, what will it be? Keep moving it forward and soon we could end up with a single shot .22 pistol. Just make me wonder when somebody has lived it sees it happening here on our soil!!
I hear you on that. It's scary. Some say we're too paranoid and it will never happen... but the 2nd was put in place for exactly this type of situation and government. I'm getting ready to rent my house, an start applying for jobs in Wyoming. http://www.conservativesoftheupstate...trol-bill.html
Old 01-15-2013, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent909 View Post
Newbie here, so ban doesnt come but sb 47 passes, do i HAVE to register my AR? Im confused what i' ll have to do with the magazine part. Can someone explain please? Thanks.

From what I have read yes you will have to register it if it does pass.

(c) Any person who, between January 1, 2001 and January 1, 2014, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, as defined in section 30515 and including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, shall register the firearm by July 1, 2014, with the department pursuant to those procedures that the department may establish.
Old 01-15-2013, 2:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Define "readily."
Old 01-15-2013, 2:13 PM

Felling a lot of unusual TROLLING from new members......
Old 01-15-2013, 2:42 PM

I joined in Dec 12' not sure if that is aimed at me but I have visite the site before but didn't sign up until last month. So what does your comment mean exactly and who was it aimed at?
Old 01-15-2013, 2:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwindsurf78 View Post
I joined in Dec 12' not sure if that is aimed at me but I have visite the site before but didn't sign up until last month. So what does your comment mean exactly and who was it aimed at?
Probably aimed at the OP for making an A@@ out of himself.
Old 01-15-2013, 4:08 PM

What is AWB and RAW?

I did sign the petition.
Old 01-15-2013, 4:09 PM

Well that makes me feel better. I like to think I'm well informed and pay attention to whats going on!
Old 01-15-2013, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftwareDrone View Post
What is AWB and RAW?

I did sign the petition.
AWB - Assault Weapons Ban

RAW - Registered Assault Weapon
Old 01-15-2013, 4:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_k_lopez View Post
58 percent of Americans support an assault weapon ban.
Unfortunately, 98% of Americans don't even know what an "assault weapon" is.
Old 01-15-2013, 5:08 PM

"So now that talks of the AWB not happening, I sit back and laugh at all the people who overpaid in a panic.. people are such sheep"

Really?
1- we don't know what type of bans are in the works in state and federal level. look at New York.

2- I think we are in the same boat no matter how much we paid for stuff or when we bought them.

Stick together and stand up for your rights.
Old 01-15-2013, 8:40 PM

I wonder how many people will sell their rifles to Mexican drug cartels if this passes in California instead of registering it? If a cartel will pay $10,000 cash for a AR or AK, and California is basically making it impossible to own one, the biggest winners in all this will be criminals in another country. Diane Fienstien did not think (care?) about the unintended consequences of disarming her own citizens did she?

Last edited by toy4two; 01-15-2013 at 8:45 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie916 View Post
So now that talks of the AWB not happening, I sit back and laugh at all the people who overpaid in a panic.. people are such sheep
New York just enacted the assault weapons ban today and limiting magazine to hold 7 rounds max.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...214040530.html

With the super-majority in both chambers in Sacramento, the democrats can just pass any gun laws they want and you're **cked. Any gun bans is bad news regardless at the national or state level, so we need to fight back.

As long as there is a super-majority in both chambers in Sacramento, you are never out of the woods.

I wouldn't be laughing if I were you as long as you're living in this state.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member

It is what it is. We just have to roll with the punches.