Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 06-11-2018, 6:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmandan View Post
Really? So how does the city know who to fine then? Maybe, because the people there registered a few years back...

Itís not because of an assault weapons registration scheme. What we consider assault weapons havenít been regulated in Illinois at the state level. They are all now just banned in Deerfield, including what we consider featureless. If itís an AR15 itís banned. If itís an AK47 itís banned.

http://www.deerfield.il.us/DocumentC...-Ban-Ordinance
Old 06-11-2018, 6:44 PM

Boating accident
Old 06-11-2018, 7:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggs75 View Post
Boating accident
Move stripped receivers out of state. Same thing. Cant have RAWs confiscated if you dont have any to confiscate.
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.
Old 06-11-2018, 7:47 PM

At the bottom of the ocean

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2018, 7:49 PM

Why would someone volunteer to be on a database where the only reason to be on it is they have the option to come steal your weapon by force? No thanks.
Old 06-11-2018, 7:53 PM

Move.
Old 06-11-2018, 8:06 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns and guitars View Post
Move.
Anti-gun sentiment spreads like cancer to other states. Weíve seen it happening already at the state and federal level. Soros, Bloomberg and others will move on to neighboring states. Neighboring states are still in the 9th Circuit. Soros just had a big meeting in San Diego about how to get activist judges and clerks in the elected lower court positions, which by law, feed into the 9th circuit court. Arizona, Nevada, etc. are already a part of their long game. It wasnít that long ago we had the federal ďassault weaponsĒ ban. No state is immune from this cancer this time.

No mater what state you reside in, we must all fight together for us and future generations.
Old 06-11-2018, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow Dynamics View Post
Anti-gun sentiment spreads like cancer to other states. We’ve seen it happening already at the state and federal level. Soros, Bloomberg and others will move on to neighboring states. Neighboring states are still in the 9th Circuit. Soros just had a big meeting in San Diego about how to get activist judges and clerks in the elected lower court positions, which by law, feed into the 9th circuit court. Arizona, Nevada, etc. are already a part of their long game. It wasn’t that long ago we had the federal “assault weapons” ban. No state is immune from this cancer this time.

No mater what state you reside in, we must all fight together for us and future generations.

That sentiment might work with other cali people, But there are those of us who actually spend alot of time in Az, and Texas so your argument is bunk.

Fact is most states are actually becoming MORE gun friendly.

Keep drinking the cool aid, your not fighting anyone, your actually PROFITING off these regulations.
Old 06-11-2018, 8:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGRO View Post
Why would someone volunteer to be on a database where the only reason to be on it is they have the option to come steal your weapon by force? No thanks.
I guess I'm in a different situation than most. I have an 03FFL+COE. The government already knows what I have. If you end up on APPS they would be coming for everything not just your RAWs. I dont see how simply having RAWs would land you on APPS. You would have to do something else like commit a felony or be accused of DV. And if that happened you would have a lot more serious issues in your life than only losing your guns. Issues like a felony conviction, serious violent mental health issues, drug addiction, prison time, unemployment, etc. You would be a trainwreck.

Again, if there is a new law that tries to confiscate its going to have to clear a lot of legal hurdles first and then you would still be able to move yourself and or your guns out of state or turn in stripped receivers. I'd much rather plan for that inevitability than worry about getting caught for possession of an unregistered AW, a felony.
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.
Old 06-11-2018, 8:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcav View Post
I guess I'm in a different situation than most. I have an 03FFL+COE. The government already knows what I have.
What do 03FFLs and COEs have to do with anything?

Last edited by Mayor McRifle; 06-11-2018 at 8:29 PM..
Old 06-11-2018, 8:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
What do an 03FFL and COE have to do with anything?
I'm a known entity, the state knows who I am and that I am a collector they also know that I dont have a record and they know everything I own. In other words I'm on multiple lists over there. Trying to hide anything from them is not going to happen.

Again, if the state tries to implement a law to confiscate RAWs there are still going to better options than trying to hide unregistered AWs and hoping you dont catch a case. Option A move out of state, B move guns out of state, C convert to other legal configuration and deregister, D turn in or destroy stripped receivers. All of these are much better than hiding illegal activity and being at risk of a felony conviction and losing your rights in all the states because of a retarded CA law. I plan on leaving this state eventually so Im playing the long game here.

Last edited by lightcav; 06-11-2018 at 8:42 PM..
Old 06-11-2018, 8:32 PM
Veteran Member

registration is not an option go featureless
Old 06-11-2018, 8:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I'm a known entity, the state knows who I am and that I am a collector they also know that I dont have a record and they know everything I own. In other words I'm on multiple lists over there. Trying to hide anything from them is not going to happen.
How does having an 03FFL and a COE inform the government what modern rifles and/or handguns you own?

Old 06-11-2018, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
Itís not because of an assault weapons registration scheme. What we consider assault weapons havenít been regulated in Illinois at the state level. They are all now just banned in Deerfield, including what we consider featureless. If itís an AR15 itís banned. If itís an AK47 itís banned.

http://www.deerfield.il.us/DocumentC...-Ban-Ordinance
You donít seem to understand... All Illinois residents who own a ďgunĒ, are required to register with the state as a gun owner. Deerfield knows who the gun owners are, and can go after them. How long before the city votes to violate residents 4th amendment? They donít care about the 2nd amendment, why would they care about the 4th?

While you seem dead-set on protecting registration. We have seen many times, that registration is just a vehicle for the overlords to get what they ultimately want. We saw it in NY also... I used to work with a guy from NY who had his Desert Eagle confiscated

Old 06-11-2018, 8:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
How does having an 03FFL and a COE inform the government what modern rifles and/or handguns you own?
It doesnt but they already know that anyway. All my handguns were purchased long after registration began and most of my longguns were purchased after that registration began. The longguns I had before registration have all been legally sold or traded.

I'm already on multiple lists: handgun list, longgun list, 03FFL list, COE list. To worry about being on a RAW list seems a little too late for me at this point. I have nothing to hide and trying to, would be really really stupid.

Last edited by lightcav; 06-11-2018 at 8:54 PM..
Old 06-11-2018, 9:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You don’t seem to understand... All Illinois residents who own a “gun”, are required to register with the state as a gun owner. Deerfield knows who the gun owners are, and can go after them. How long before the city votes to violate residents 4th amendment? They don’t care about the 2nd amendment, why would they care about the 4th?

While you seem dead-set on protecting registration. We have seen many times, that registration is just a vehicle for the overlords to get what they ultimately want. We saw it in NY also... I used to work with a guy from NY who had his Desert Eagle confiscated

Everything I am reading says guns aren’t required to be registered in Illinois except in Chicago.

I’m not dead set on protecting registration anymore than some of you have irrational responses to any anti-gun news that breaks and immediately start the David Hogg type FUD campaigns. Get past the head line so you can at least have an informed argument.

Yes, what is happening in Deerfield is extremely concerning. But most of you guys are missing one important part, it is happening in the complete absence of registration, much less an assault weapon registration, and featureless don’t appear to be exempt.

Last edited by tonyxcom; 06-11-2018 at 9:17 PM..
Old 06-12-2018, 5:51 AM

Quote:
Yes, what is happening in Deerfield is extremely concerning. But most of you guys are missing one important part, it is happening in the complete absence of registration, much less an assault weapon registration, and featureless don’t appear to be exempt.
That is incorrect... it is not in complete absence of registration. All Illinois gun owners are “registered” with a FOID card. Indicating to all, where the guns can be collected.

This new ban in Deerfield is an illegal amendment to an Il state law enacted in 2013. If they are willing to circumvent existing laws to write new ones, for thier own accord. Why would you think they would not go further in the future?

The only unknown here, is if the courts have the authority to exercise a search warrant for this unconstitutional law, or if Deerfield will follow up with a new law to undermine the 4th and forgo the search warrants

Deerfield has just written a new play for the playbook, and they are running it. They are not following the CA playbook for a AWB in a generation...

If they succeed, you know CA will follow...

Registration in CA is a heavy risk, that IMHO is not worth it...

Last edited by Oldmandan; 06-12-2018 at 6:06 AM..
Old 06-12-2018, 8:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I registered my car.
Old 06-12-2018, 8:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
That is incorrect... it is not in complete absence of registration. All Illinois gun owners are “registered” with a FOID card. Indicating to all, where the guns can be collected.
That is not even close to the same thing and you are now conflating the two in an attempt to fix your long busted argument. A FOID card does not identify you as an owner of their newly defined assault weapon.

Using your logic, every single DROS you have done identifies you as a gun owner to California.
Old 06-12-2018, 8:32 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
That sentiment might work with other cali people, But there are those of us who actually spend alot of time in Az, and Texas so your argument is bunk.

Fact is most states are actually becoming MORE gun friendly.

Keep drinking the cool aid, your not fighting anyone, your actually PROFITING off these regulations.
You don't know me.

I am a gun owner that had bullet buttons (and was thankful I had them to shoot my rifles publicly without fear of a felony conviction). I'm glad someone came up with the bullet button. It allowed guns stores to have AR's and AK's on the walls for many years. After SB880 passed, I was NOT going to register. So I decided to go featureless but didn't like the options out there. I thought they looked dorky or were uncomfortable, so I came up with my own design and figured others would like it too. God bless America. I would LIKE to make my investment back, but that was not the point. I already have a business making patented construction tools, I'm NOT in the business of patenting and profiting from products feeding off of idiotic and onerous gun laws! I want to help us keep our guns without registration.

Every state swings toward the right and left over time. Anti-gunners have a strategy, and that is to push the pendulum left however and whenever they can (ESPECIALLY after a shooting tragedy), and it doesn't take much. Everyone can see their ultimate end game is the repeal of the second amendment and confiscation. I personally don't think that will happen, but we all know it is their goal. It was not that long ago we had a federal assault weapons ban and unfortunately it can happen again. Your head is in the sand if you don't see that. All it would take is a democrat controlled house and senate and Chelsea Clinton as president.

Even Doug Ducey of AZ is being pressured from the left into this "common sense" nonsense.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...now/624095002/

https://azpbs.org/horizon/2018/03/go...l-regulations/

--> No offense taken, but the summary of my point was and is this... if we sit back and relax, we loose. Anti-gunners have a strategy and are fighting, so should we. We must fight together, tell our representatives to represent us, support pro 2A groups, introduce others to shooting, and encourage others to do the same.

Side note:
GunGuyTv has an excelent channel on YouTube (who knows for how much longer). On it they discussed this very subject recently.
https://youtu.be/JKF6l8XGbaU?t=2m20s
At about the 3 minute mark Rick Travis goes into how the 9th Circuit Court appointment process works. The video is a bit long, but some great info.

Last edited by Sparrow Dynamics; 06-12-2018 at 9:04 AM.. Reason: Added video link
Old 06-12-2018, 6:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael777 View Post
Good question. Nobody has really discussed that around here.
^^^made me laugh!
Old 06-12-2018, 6:56 PM
Veteran Member

No registration for me.

I had one lower that I kept and permanently fixed the magazine to it. If that gets banned in the future then I'll just chop it up and take photos of the aluminum chunks for proof of destruction.

I sold everything else early enough to not lose too much.

And, I'm not planning on buying any semi-auto rifles, probably never buy again!
Old 06-12-2018, 8:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittty View Post
No registration for me.

I had one lower that I kept and permanently fixed the magazine to it. If that gets banned in the future then I'll just chop it up and take photos of the aluminum chunks for proof of destruction.

Exactly what your overloard's in Sacramento want you to do. People like you are why 2A rights will disappear in CA.
Old 06-12-2018, 8:34 PM
Veteran Member

regs it and come back here to report
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddindetroit View Post
I think you mean ProStaff on your ad and not Prostate- the male secretary organ that causes urinary obstruction in old age and make chymotrypsin to lyse seminal clots.

These are nice scopes - ProStaff that is; not the Prostate.

DD
Old 06-12-2018, 8:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittty View Post
No registration for me.

Geezus you rolled over easier than people who registered.
Old 06-12-2018, 9:29 PM

Quote:
You don't know me.
And you dont know me.
Now that thats out of the way your spreading FUD to sell a ugly product. That is not fighting this, its profiteering.

I own property in both Texas and Arizona as well as California currently, dont tell me about the laws and public opinion in states I pay taxes in with your cherry picked internet news articles. Even more so since I actually visit these places on a regular basis.

Both those states and others have actually started pushing for better gun laws not the opposite. As have many other states across the country.

California people need to educate themselves to whats happening in America. The sheer numbers of gun sales have broken all known records in the last three months. NRA memberships are up higher than ever before, and the AR15 in Free America is on a uptick sales wise.
I guess its easier to get your info from the uneducated, than it is to admit your rights have been stripped.
Old 06-13-2018, 6:21 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
And you dont know me.
Now that thats out of the way your spreading FUD to sell a ugly product. That is not fighting this, its profiteering.

I own property in both Texas and Arizona as well as California currently, dont tell me about the laws and public opinion in states I pay taxes in with your cherry picked internet news articles. Even more so since I actually visit these places on a regular basis.

Both those states and others have actually started pushing for better gun laws not the opposite. As have many other states across the country.

California people need to educate themselves to whats happening in America. The sheer numbers of gun sales have broken all known records in the last three months. NRA memberships are up higher than ever before, and the AR15 in Free America is on a uptick sales wise.
I guess its easier to get your info from the uneducated, than it is to admit your rights have been stripped.
You are right we donít know each other and we still donít. Maybe we can go shoot on your property together some day.

I agree that our gun rights have been stripped (for more than 80 years). I use my money and time to try to reverse that. I totally agree with you that there is a swing to pro-gun in much of America today, and we have made great strides since the ďAWĒ ban sunset in 2004 (which wasnít really that long ago). But there are pockets in many states that are pushing hard to change that, and they are succeeding in some of those states. Should we not fight to keep that from happening? I also believe the general public is still split and the sheeple could go to either side if convinced by a combination of things.

Does the left have a strategy?
Are they spending lots of money?
Are they winning or loosing?
Should we do something or nothing?
Old 06-13-2018, 8:08 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
One of the first into the cattle cars, no prod needed.
Old 06-13-2018, 8:15 AM

A court put a temporary hold on the Deerfield law just today. Its on the Yahoo news page, just read it 10 min ago, 9: 03 am Pacific time.

Psalm 1
Old 06-13-2018, 11:39 AM

Well I registered a few back in 1999 so I am on “the list”. At this point I can’t see any reason not to add more to my name, thoughts from the hive? I was just thinking of disassembly and just store them until I retire and move.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:03 PM

There are distinct differences to having a 'registered' serialized AR15 and a Registered Assault Weapon.

at least I can go to Din Tai Fung after shooting at burro canyon with my "registered" AR15 circa 2015.

People that say they're already registered and the DOJ "know" about it need to understand that its not the same thing as a RAW.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:29 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by protohyp View Post
There are distinct differences to having a 'registered' serialized AR15 and a Registered Assault Weapon.

at least I can go to Din Tai Fung after shooting at burro canyon with my "registered" AR15 circa 2015.

People that say they're already registered and the DOJ "know" about it need to understand that its not the same thing as a RAW.
Yes, good point. It is absolutely not the same as RAW (which seems like many don't realize).
Old 06-13-2018, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
Well I registered a few back in 1999 so I am on ďthe listĒ. At this point I canít see any reason not to add more to my name, thoughts from the hive? I was just thinking of disassembly and just store them until I retire and move.
The more the merrier.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:32 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
It is quite possible that he's got a bunch of automatic, suppressed, SBR's hidden in the walls of his house and this is his attempt to throw the DOJ, I mean dogs, off the scent. LOL!
Old 06-13-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
The more the merrier.
Agree, I was thinking of featureless, but whatís the point if I already have some RAWs from 1999, lol. Like I said, Iím on the list.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:35 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:

I am also still running into people that registration is the only option.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It is quite possible that he's got a bunch of automatic, suppressed, SBR's hidden in the walls of his house and this is his attempt to throw the DOJ, I mean dogs, off the scent. LOL!
Thats what I was thinking too, haha.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Or there are people with multiples of everything. If I wanted to leave semi automatic rifles unattended in my car right after driving from the range, I don't have to bring one of my RAWs.

The people who like to keep pointing out some of the caveats of RAWs in order to justify their own personal choice need to understand that you don't have to RAW everything.
Old 06-13-2018, 1:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Or there are people with multiples of everything. If I wanted to leave semi automatic rifles unattended in my car right after driving from the range, I don't have to bring one of my RAWs.

The people who like to keep pointing out some of the caveats of RAWs in order to justify their own personal choice need to understand that you don't have to RAW everything.
Just build a featureless lower, take the upper off your RAW, make it featureless by removing the flashhider and/or vertical foregrip, put featureless upper on featureless lower, take it to the range, no special RAW rules. Really not that complicated fellas. If the government ever wants your RAW, strip the receiver, write "HAHA!" on it and turn it in or simply move it out of state. An AR15 lower receiver is just a $50 chunk of aluminum. All the other parts are just paperweights.

Last edited by lightcav; 06-13-2018 at 1:11 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 1:08 PM

Never understood why people consider going to restaurant or grocery shopping or the mall after a range trip is an uncompromising reason not to register? IMHO, I would not want to park my car in a public area with trunk full of guns that can be broken into and stolen. Is it really that inconvenient to drop off your firearm at home before going back out? And I don't have a habit of cruising the streets with my rifle in the trunk. Why would I have a need for that? and would question the motive if anyone does.

People do understand that for every firearm transaction at a FFL, a form call 4473 is filled out right? How difficult would it be to go to every FFL and photocopy the 4473 forms? Time consuming but very doable. It is exactly how ATF tracks down questionable firearms. Remember "Red Dawn", in one scene the Russian commander ask his officers to visit the FFL for the 4473 form and then go collect the firearms.

How does one stand up for his/her rights if people/government don't even know they exist? Larger the registered population will tell the government there are substantial number of voters they are screwing with. If they don't know you exist, they won't care. Lot of folks talk big in the forums, but when it's time to put their skin in the game, they bow out. IMHO it is more resistance by saying, yes, I am here, and I own evil looking rifles with my fellow citizens and I am not afraid of letting Govn know where I am.

rant off...