Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 06-12-2018, 7:45 PM
Veteran Member

Default Favorite Shooting Range in Anaheim

Title says it all...

Will be in Anaheim with coworkers for the Dodgers-Angels game on July 6th and wanted to take my potential gun owner coworkers to get their cherry popped.

So for the people that live near and around the Anaheim area, what indoor shooting range do you recommend? Range that has a variety selection of firearms so newbies can get a full experience, good customer service, and fair prices.

Thank you in advance,
Vinny

shuttlecock
Old 06-12-2018, 7:49 PM

I use OC indoor range in Brea a lot. Gets busy though and not very big. Last couple times we walked right in, the range guys never hover over you either. Just keep an eye on the people next to you, but I do that everywhere.
Old 06-12-2018, 7:57 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

OC Sheriff's range... They have general public hours... Cheap, clean and no kooks. Plus it's right next to the stadium where you will be.

On second read, looks like you want to rent guns... Nix OC Sheriff...

Evans is down the street from where you'll be - I know they sell guns, not sure if they rent... But that range is small and hot - never any kooks when I was there...

Orange County Indoor range in Brea is another option... Decent size, clean and I think they rent guns (not positive)... It's up the 57 freeway though - so not logistically favorable.

Your best bet is probably FT3 Tactical in Stanton... Good size range, clean, newish, great ventilation / ac... I'm almost positive they rent guns. And it's reasonable distance from the stadium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Dignity, Respect, Purpose - Live It!
Old 06-12-2018, 8:00 PM
Watching you, watch me.
CGN Contributor

Evans in Orange, few minutes from where you will be. New owners and staff. Great place. Say hi to Andrew and Andy!
Old 06-12-2018, 8:20 PM

FT3 on Beach and Katella in Stanton (Angles stadium is on Katella and State College)
Old 06-12-2018, 8:23 PM

Ft3 is great. Ars and pistols to rent
The downside can be the long wait. But beyond that, its clean, air quality is good and rsos are nice
Old 06-12-2018, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
OC Sheriff's range... They have general public hours... Cheap, clean and no kooks. Plus it's right next to the stadium where you will be.

On second read, looks like you want to rent guns... Nix OC Sheriff...

Evans is down the street from where you'll be - I know they sell guns, not sure if they rent... But that range is small and hot - never any kooks when I was there...

Orange County Indoor range in Brea is another option... Decent size, clean and I think they rent guns (not positive)... It's up the 57 freeway though - so not logistically favorable.

Your best bet is probably FT3 Tactical in Stanton... Good size range, clean, newish, great ventilation / ac... I'm almost positive they rent guns. And it's reasonable distance from the stadium.
Didn't the OC Sheriff close their range to the public a while back?
Old 06-12-2018, 8:41 PM
Veteran Member

FT3 or OC Indoor. Either is good, FT3 is nicer.
Old 06-12-2018, 9:52 PM

Evan's will be closer. Since the change in ownership, it's much better, and they have rentals.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2018, 6:03 AM
Veteran Member

Thank you everyone for your responses. Will try to plan for FT3 and if all goes well, it will be few more for the 2nd.

shuttlecock
Old 06-13-2018, 6:58 AM

While FT3 is a nice facility, there’s a few guys behind the counter with a stick up their arse and act like Gods. Condescending to newer shooters and just generally rude.

OC Sheriff’s aren’t open to the public anymore.

Evans has a new owner and friendly staff. They have a decent rental selection. But it’s true it’s dingy and hot.

Breas faculty is decent but they’re often crowded with a wait time
Old 06-13-2018, 8:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMR View Post
While FT3 is a nice facility, there’s a few guys behind the counter with a stick up their arse and act like Gods. Condescending to newer shooters and just generally rude.

OC Sheriff’s aren’t open to the public anymore.

Evans has a new owner and friendly staff. They have a decent rental selection. But it’s true it’s dingy and hot.

Breas faculty is decent but they’re often crowded with a wait time
Zack!?! is it Zack? Him and Jen.....

Like others have said, FT3 is nicer, but there could be a long wait. Maybe a member might be free that day and can get you front of the line privileges and free rentals.

Well... if there's a bunch of people waiting, they'll make members wait a little bit too because it's "unfair" to the non members who have been waiting. Membership still has it's benefits, just not as good as before. I wish I knew this before I renewed.
Old 06-13-2018, 8:58 AM
Veteran Member

I can't think of who Zack is, but I've always found Jen to be professional, and even protective of new shooters. The last time i took a first time shooter to ft3 Jen made sure I'd be starting her on a .22... Can't say that's a bad thing to do...
Old 06-13-2018, 8:59 AM
Veteran Member

With that said, i won't be renewing anymore. The price is getting way too high, and i don't go there often enough to justify it.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatGuy View Post
I can't think of who Zack is, but I've always found Jen to be professional, and even protective of new shooters. The last time i took a first time shooter to ft3 Jen made sure I'd be starting her on a .22... Can't say that's a bad thing to do...
I have found most of the staff to be very professional and the screening of new shooters is a good thing. Pretty sure it also helps with rentals and ammo sales too.

Jen usually is professional, but one of the last times I was there on a really busy night, she kept giving me attitude. There was another person handling my check in and I asked him if any members were in front of me, because my membership always gave me front of the line privileges and she decided to chime in and tell me there are a lot of non members who were here first. Confused, I told her that I was a member and I have front of the line privileges. Again, she told me that others have been waiting and I would have to wait as well.

Color me confused and annoyed, I told her that wasn't my problem. I'm a paying member and that $500 I paid allows me to go in front of them, regardless of how long they have been waiting. She kept giving me attitude and made it very awkward for the other person who was handling my check in.

Didn't realize one of the benefits of my membership was a side of attitude.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie06 View Post
Evan's will be closer. Since the change in ownership, it's much better, and they have rentals.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Pete is a great guy, I miss Shumachers Waterfowl.
Old 06-13-2018, 2:48 PM

Default HODGE road.... 10 miles east of Barstow...

NO..... BS to put up with..... And probably safer(5 miles IN from I15)...
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=20c9730268&view=fimg&th=15ad3c387b7ea1aa& attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_15ad3c34b07b03d5&a ttbid=ANGjdJ_GOwaOCfqt3OHKm7zY_mRBiORflleilym4tijR cuiC5hGws2oJLyDhF9PhQVXWMa7_jCP_uMAWxJrz5ef-HJcaRLRDzRANo5ScBq6Y0tJJfz6He0c6K0GPTDg&sz=w632-h880&ats=1489612610462&rm=15ad3c387b7ea1aa&zw&atsh =1
Old 06-13-2018, 3:44 PM

"OC Sheriff's range... They have general public hours... Cheap, clean and no kooks. Plus it's right next to the stadium where you will be."

No longer open to us regular folks. Must be in Law Enforcement.
Old 06-13-2018, 6:02 PM
Veteran Member

Yep, Evans is just down the street from Angel Stadium.

I’ll be at the Dodgers-Angels the next night, July 7th.....Go Dodgers!

Old 06-13-2018, 8:45 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmer9 View Post
Didn't the OC Sheriff close their range to the public a while back?
Not sure, I don't live there anymore... I used to shoot there though - it's too bad if it closed to the public, but kinda doesn't surprise me... Nothings the same anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Dignity, Respect, Purpose - Live It!
Old 06-14-2018, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatGuy View Post
Maybe "Jen" should instruct military recruits to start off on .22s if they've never shot a firearm before
Old 06-14-2018, 5:07 PM

OC Indoor Range in Brea has 12 bays I believe (6 bays in each "room"), and they rent firearms. They have a wide variety of things they can shoot, but you'd have to buy their ammo if you decide to rent.

Give em a call and let em know you have a large party and discuss what they can offer. I just go there bc it's the closest range near me.

Just so you know, if the group has been drinking at the game, im not sure the employees would be open to renting firearms to new skin
Old 06-14-2018, 7:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote Brown Fiend View Post
Maybe "Jen" should instruct military recruits to start off on .22s if they've never shot a firearm before
Surely you realize there's a difference between someone who joined the military, and someone who is about to have a prank pulled on them because it'll be funny when the girl gets hit in the forehead with a DE.50?

My SIL is about 4'11", and was visibly nervous. I don't blame Jen for being a bit protective.

With all the stupid crap people do in the world, I don't blame her one bit.
Old 06-14-2018, 8:53 PM
Veteran Member

Field Time in Stanton. Never had a bad experience with anyone there. Cleanest air of any indoor range I’ve ever been too. They even have lead removing soap in the John.