Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 07-07-2018, 11:08 PM

Default Which optic for CZ Scorpion 9mm 16"

I'm in my 50's and my vision isn't up to using irons and I don't want to depend upon corrective lenses for shooting. I am in need of an optic with some focus adjustment. Been looking at PA 2.5 fixed with ACSS reticle but I imagine there must be something better for rapid acquisition that will still be useful at 80 yards. Anybody currently using an optic they find ideal for a 9mm PCC that has focus adjustment?
Old 07-07-2018, 11:58 PM
Veteran Member

Try a red dot or holographic sight. You shoot with both eyes open, focusing on the target and you will see a crisp floating dot to mark your point of aim.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

I have a holosun 530G with an ADM low qd mount on my scorpion carbine. I switch it to the eotech reticle with auto on feature....Super nice for the price
Old 09-02-2018, 8:46 PM

I have a fastfire on mine for 0-50 yards. bushnell TRS 2moa 0-100. Once I mounted a millet 1-4 DMS but I like better bushnell TRS. Hope it will help you decide. Good luck.
Old 09-03-2018, 7:41 AM

Vortex Spitfire 1x prism is a great optic for a PCC like the Scorpion. Can be had for $200 or less, etched &a illuminated dual circle with dot, adjustable focus, and can be used both eyes open like an RDS but without the bloom caused by astigmatism if you happen to suffer from that.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/VORT...OT/1783390.uts

https://www.cabelas.com/assets/cms/i...oa_reticle.jpg

Last edited by BruinGuy; 09-03-2018 at 7:45 AM.. Reason: Added link to reticle
Old 09-04-2018, 8:00 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isntzen View Post
I'm in my 50's and my vision isn't up to using irons and I don't want to depend upon corrective lenses for shooting. I am in need of an optic with some focus adjustment. Been looking at PA 2.5 fixed with ACSS reticle but I imagine there must be something better for rapid acquisition that will still be useful at 80 yards. Anybody currently using an optic they find ideal for a 9mm PCC that has focus adjustment?
I wouldn't dismiss the PA 2.5x so quickly.

I spent some time on the range with one recently and was actually pretty impressed with the quality for the money. I plan to check out their 1x ACSS Cyclops next

-Matt S.

OpticsPlanet
http://www.opticsplanet.com
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Send us a private message if we can be of help!
Old 09-04-2018, 9:25 AM

I usually run various non-magnifying sights on my pistol caliber carbine. Here is a picture with a prototype Leica Tempus I was testing on it:

If you want some magnification, the PA 2.5x prism scope is a perfectly decent sight, but personally, for this kind of use, I think less is more. Get a decent red dot of some sort, like Shield SIS (my current favourite) or HiLux MM2 as a more budget friendly option.

If you have astigmatism and red dots look like red blobs, then a 1x prism sight is a better option. A bunch of people make them: PA, Burris, Vortex, etc.

I am planning to play with a 1.5x mini ACOG at some point. That should make for a really interesting option on a PCC.

ILya
www.darklordofoptics.com