Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 05-29-2013, 6:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It's range day! I'm sitting here waiting for them to open. I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda freaking out! Lol

EDIT: What a relief, they didn't even look at my groupings. Shot at a single target at 15 years, 10 yards, and 7 yards. Pretty much 2 shots center mass, repeat until empty, reload step up to 10 yards repeat, at 7 yard line repeat with head shot added in. Done! It was slightly odd being the only non-LEO at the range... overall easier than expected.

FINAL EDIT: Ok here is the breakdown for my timeline. Almost took 90 days on the dot.

Initial Interview 03/19
Live Scan 03/28
Range Day 05/29
CCW Class 06/01
Card in Hand 06/18

Last edited by bigdawg86; 06-19-2013 at 6:12 PM..
Old 06-26-2013, 10:33 AM

moving into riverside next month and eventually plan on applying for my CCW. I've been reading as much as possible and I think that my GC might do. My father has income property that we collect rent at. he is getting older and I find myself doing the collecting more and more often which has me traveling with what I think is large sums of cash. Does this sound like reasonable GC? if so, what would i need to provide? other than the actual GC statement would i need to provide any bank deposit or statements. reason i ask is of course the property is not in my name and the deposits are made into my parents account not mine so not sure if this would make things difficult.
Old 06-29-2013, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toklad View Post
moving into riverside next month and eventually plan on applying for my CCW. I've been reading as much as possible and I think that my GC might do. My father has income property that we collect rent at. he is getting older and I find myself doing the collecting more and more often which has me traveling with what I think is large sums of cash. Does this sound like reasonable GC? if so, what would i need to provide? other than the actual GC statement would i need to provide any bank deposit or statements. reason i ask is of course the property is not in my name and the deposits are made into my parents account not mine so not sure if this would make things difficult.
Any help would bee sop appreciated...anyone?
Old 07-31-2013, 11:44 PM

Ok Everyone! Here's the deal.. I've had my card for a few months now.. I gotta say that first off, the Riverside CCW unit guys are really easy going nice guys. They will discuss in detail anything you would like to know about the process. They will help you with your good cause and ask all the right questions about you and why you want to carry. To the point that they practically write it for you. They do however have a great sense of humor and like to give you a hard time if they think you are not too sensitive to a little fun. Toklad, give them a call. They will help you. I think you have a worthy cause. You will need a letter from your father explaining the situation and if the time comes that you no longer perform that task, you will have to notify them and may lose the CCW. You will need three character reference letters. Fathers bank statements and maybe copies of property title. Rental contracts.. etc..
Old 07-31-2013, 11:48 PM

BTW, I have the Riverside county California, Utah, and Nevada permits. Gonna work on getting a Nebraska permit since I have property there also. Pretty much all I need to carry almost all states.. I am really getting familiar with the process!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 6:24 PM

Glad to hear all the success stories in Riverside. I am just waiting to receive my 3 reference letters before I turn in my app. Will keep you all posted.
Old 08-21-2013, 8:33 PM

This taboo thing about GC statements is ridiculous! Is there anyone that has been approved without reasons for cash or employment that will share their Good Cause statements?? If not please PM me for assistance. The idea of just being honest is ridiculous because every single persons real reason is for personal protection and that doesnt work so they write something else. SHARE
Old 08-21-2013, 8:40 PM

I know of a few people that have gotten their's for non cash or employment related. What puts you at greater risk then the average person. Keeping in mind the average person goes to work and home. Think about your knowledge of things that are desirerable to criminals. What items do you transport regularly? Do you have a set routine? Do you have any security clearances or access to desirable targets?
Old 09-30-2013, 12:16 PM

How do things go about when your first card expires? Is it automatically renewed by your payment as long as you're in good standing, or do you have to reapply all over again?
Old 09-30-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick Z tail out View Post
How do things go about when your first card expires? Is it automatically renewed by your payment as long as you're in good standing, or do you have to reapply all over again?
http://www.riversidesheriff.org/pdf/ccw/rso-ccw.pdf

Page 10

FYI, best to set your interview date about 3 months in advance of your license expiration.
Old 10-28-2013, 9:00 PM

im in the same boat as personal protection as my only real reason for GC.. other then commuting 60 miles a day to and from work(fontana to base of mountain) im kinda SOL.. i have no record or speeding tickets i think if you pass backrounds to own a firearm you should be able to CC without a GC ..
Old 11-12-2013, 8:39 AM
Banned

Hypothetically speaking...

Say I work for the XxX but am not sworn so can't get a ccw from the agency. Could I use my employment dealing with drugs, guns, cash, secret squirrel type information as a baseline for a GC statement? That plus the well known fact that DEA employees are targets of cartel groups.

Eta..,

Just called the CCW unit. The first question they asked me was my GC statement. Basically stated I hold a TS clearance, have restricted access to wire taps, maintain seized and recovered monies. The deputy told me to fill out the application and turn it in. He was pretty straight forward and didn't ask me anything else or question my GC.

Last edited by 55six; 11-12-2013 at 9:37 AM..
Old 11-30-2013, 10:01 PM

I'm getting ready to move out to Riverside. I would like to apply for a CCW, I belive my GC is good enough however I was arrested in high school for something that was a bit out of my control. The record was sealed/expunged/destroyed (possibly). Should I disclose it?

My GC is the fact my dad is retired LAPD and went nuts when my parents devorced. He attacked my mom and in a few occasions threatened to kill me. So would my GC out weigh my prior screw up? Would it even matter?

Just curious if someone who went through the process could weigh in, thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2013, 8:31 AM

Disclose everything. The appearance of being deceitful will mean certain denial.
Old 01-06-2014, 7:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
Riverside County CCW Policy, Guidelines and Forms can be found Here
I get error 404 page not found when attempting to link.
Is there an option to be set somewhere?
Old 01-06-2014, 8:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick Z tail out View Post
I have renewed 3 times, never got a renewal notice, guess its on you. Not really a renewal process, more of a REAPPLICATION process, exactly like the original, just don't need the reference letters. So you are making a complete application packet AGAIN, then go in for an interview AGAIN. No matter how early I started the process, I never got my new permit in time, the old one always expired before the new one came, closest was 2 weeks, latest was one month.

Front Sight President / Heritage Member
Old 01-07-2014, 8:23 PM

YES, you disclose it! You must be truthful if you want any chance of being approved. Carrying a concealed weapon is all about character and being mature enough and responsible enough to admit your mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how you recover from them that matters. If you get caught lying you will NEVER be approved. If they cant trust you to tell the truth, they certianly wont trust you to carry a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantedamean View Post
I'm getting ready to move out to Riverside. I would like to apply for a CCW, I belive my GC is good enough however I was arrested in high school for something that was a bit out of my control. The record was sealed/expunged/destroyed (possibly). Should I disclose it?

My GC is the fact my dad is retired LAPD and went nuts when my parents devorced. He attacked my mom and in a few occasions threatened to kill me. So would my GC out weigh my prior screw up? Would it even matter?

Just curious if someone who went through the process could weigh in, thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2014, 8:24 PM

Has anyone added a gun onto their original Riverside CCW? Is it somethin they can just print out right there, or does it take a long time to get the new card with your new weapons added on?
Old 01-07-2014, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budguy21 View Post
Has anyone added a gun onto their original Riverside CCW? Is it somethin they can just print out right there, or does it take a long time to get the new card with your new weapons added on?
You have to schedule a qual day at BCTC, qual, submit a check for $10 for the amendment fee and in a week or two, your new card is ready for pickup.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:42 PM

Hello all,
Forms link is broken, can anyone help me with getting started?
Please pm
Thank you in advanced
TPk
Old 01-16-2014, 9:37 AM

Just go to this link:

http://www.riversidesheriff.org/firearms/ccw.asp
Old 02-13-2014, 10:13 AM

still sucks that riverside isnt a "shall issue" for personal protection.

i see the CG team going after every other county except riverside.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoXRiley View Post
still sucks that riverside isnt a "shall issue" for personal protection.

i see the CG team going after every other county except riverside.
The entire state is shall issue now!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=893372
Old 02-13-2014, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardW56 View Post
The entire state is shall issue now!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=893372
Sure... in just TWO WEEKS...

That is just one more circuit split that will take forever if it goes anywhere. Great if it does, but I doubt people will retain enough of a memory to remember the oath breakers in office and on the streets that needed a court order to let the common folk have "privileges".
Old 02-21-2014, 11:32 AM

So what is sheriff sniffs stance on this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2014, 2:31 PM

After I heard San Diego is not appealing CA9 decision, I called Riverside LTC department and was told they are not changing policy at all.

Time to butt hurt Sheriff Sniff and make him know

You wonít get gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens. Thereís only one way to get real gun control: Disarm the thugs and the criminals, lock them up, and if you donít actually throw away the key, at least lose it for a long timeÖ Itís a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun controllers. I happen to know this from personal experience.Ē

President Reagan
Old 02-21-2014, 2:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargearse View Post
After I heard San Diego is not appealing CA9 decision, I called Riverside LTC department and was told they are not changing policy at all.
Interesting.

I live in unincorporated Riverside county and I have not yet applied for an LTC.
Old 02-21-2014, 7:10 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs

Well I'm interested in seeing how this pans out with Riverside. Anyone know how back logged their appts are?

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Old 02-21-2014, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
Well I'm interested in seeing how this pans out with Riverside. Anyone know how back logged their appts are?
Normally I believe it's around 60 days end to end.

If they haven't changed policy after the OC Sheriff changed theirs... I should think it won't have changed either.

I suspect there is some legal talk going on, this still isn't a slam dunk in the immediate future.

Last edited by pastureofmuppets; 02-21-2014 at 9:35 PM..
Old 02-21-2014, 7:40 PM

Quote:

What a joke, and its sniff over here writing letters to gov brown/washington that he's against gun control!
Old 02-22-2014, 7:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

But but but... They approve 98% of all applications! Fair! Reasonable!
Old 02-22-2014, 8:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr6IC View Post
Well I'm in that lucky 2%. Yay!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr6IC View Post
When you have an application packet sever times thicker than legally allowed that explicitly excludes anybody that want to carry for personal protection, and also excludes anybody who doesn't want everybody and their mother (and your employer) knowing that you are applying, well that has a way of cutting down on the applications they wouldn't approve anyway. If the initial application was free and they had to vet your paperwork prior to charging background fees, that approval/rejection rate would be closer to opposite.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flak88mm View Post
What a joke, and its sniff over here writing letters to gov brown/washington that he's against gun control!
The ongoing joke is that he fails the sniff test...
Old 02-22-2014, 4:15 PM

anyone? RCSD website has no update or opinion... RivCo should be easier than OC which is Ironic... Move to SAn Bern, OC, or SD or Idaho!
Old 02-22-2014, 4:41 PM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5marley View Post
anyone? RCSD website has no update or opinion... RivCo should be easier than OC which is Ironic... Move to SAn Bern, OC, or SD or Idaho!

See above. They said nope
Old 02-22-2014, 5:56 PM

So should we wait or jump through GC hoops? I've got most of RivCo app filled out and references ready to go.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:30 PM

I read a lot of people saying that talking to the Riverside County guys is a big help, that they'll help you with your GC and such... Who is it exactly that I should be calling? Is it people who work in RCSO, or the Ben Clark center? Been thinking about going for the CCW anyway, but with the Peruta case and all, I've got a renewed push to go for it.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2014, 3:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmvan View Post
So should we wait or jump through GC hoops? I've got most of RivCo app filled out and references ready to go.
The references are part of what I didn't feel like dealing with. I can't think of anybody that fits their criteria that I feel like having know I'm applying. Frankly that part of the application is simply retarded. Not sure why you need to tell it to the world just to apply for a permit. I'm tempted to put in the state application without all their illegal BS they add on, and accepted or rejected, just carry on.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmvan View Post
I'm in the same position. GC is solid, but I don't want my LTC tied to anything in particular - or worse, the possibility of restrictions.

Also... not a fan of all the questions in the 2nd application. Long story very short... I'm getting quite sick of having privacy dug into by the state and feds and I have background checks coming out my butt from all over the agencies. Of course, zero failed.

I want to exercise a right, not have the keys to the Pentagon.

Saying that, it may be months before it's sorted and then waiting in line, so going now may be the best option if you can put up with the over egging of the pudding. The guy I dealt with is cool, knowledgable and likable and I'm told the other one is as well... so that should take the sting out of it.

Last edited by pastureofmuppets; 02-23-2014 at 10:36 PM..