Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2017, 9:15 AM

Default no photos of barrel markings

No. No photos of barrel markings, there was a 5.56 marking on the left side of the upper receiver, but I submitted a picture of the other side the gun, and cropped out the 5.56 on the other side.
Old 11-24-2017, 9:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Do they accept videos? How about a full production showing the dissasembly, re-assembly, hidden markings, stuff under hand guards and grips, etc? Perhaps add copies of reciepts showing that all the parts were purchased legally?

Then mayby a full set of fingerprints and get the entire package notarized before you send it in so it's really you and not someone else?

Lemmings.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmorgul View Post
No pictures must include all your guns at once. Gun must be whole when pictures taken. No records of uppers owned by you submitted or exist. Donít ask donít tell policy. Meet the requirements to register a SACF rifle and take pics then do whatever you want with those parts.
I have not read anywhere else that you need to submit one individual photo that shows all of your rifles together in a group if you are registering several lowers that are completed rifles.

I have read all lowers must have been completed and be operational meaning no sharing one upper on several lowers. You can swap things around, but they all need to be complete.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmGuy View Post
I have not read anywhere else that you need to submit one individual photo that shows all of your rifles together in a group if you are registering several lowers that are completed rifles.
That is what I said, I did not say that you need to submit that picture I said you do NOT need to.
Old 11-24-2017, 1:01 PM

Quote:
That is what I said, I did not say that you need to submit that picture I said you do NOT need to.
Got it. Misread the blurb.
Old 11-24-2017, 3:13 PM

Location: My gun has killed less people than Uberís self driving car.

Just finished submitting two plain Jane ARs, receivers marked multi caliber. Submitted them as interchangeable barrels. I don’t anticipate any issues, but you can never tell with the CADOJ

Last edited by Fox Mulder; 12-02-2017 at 3:01 PM..
Old 11-24-2017, 3:38 PM

Good Luck Brother.
Old 11-28-2017, 9:45 PM

Default Changing specs or barrel changes after registering a new BB AW?

I have read that we will have to submit pictures of our AR pistols should we choose to register them, but I have a question. Since they are going to want barrel length, firearm color and such, what happens if you decide you'd like to go from a 7 to a 12" barrel or decide to cerakote or even rattle can your firearm down the line? I haven't read much into details of changes after tje fact other then a BB must stay on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2017, 9:46 PM

Default Interchangeable Barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
That's right, firearm with "interchangeable barrels". There is no multi.
Both of my lowers are stamped with specific caliber. The only definitive evidence I've seen in these threads is that of users being rejected due to submitting 'interchangeable barrels' in this instance. Does anyone have an example of an approved application where the lower is stamped with specific caliber and registered as 'interchangeable barrel?'
Old 11-30-2017, 8:51 PM

Hoping for a little guidance here.
I sent in my registration last night and was already kicked back. Was told that it was being kicked back for the following reasons:

"Thank you for submitting your application. Based on the photos you provided, there are additional characteristics shown on your firearm that were not marked on the application. Please refer to California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 5471 for more information: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/regs/text-adopted-regulations-bullet-button.pdf."

-and-

"Thank you for submitting your application. Based on the information provided, the caliber for this firearm is stamped as 5.56mm. Please change the caliber listed on your application to "5.56mm," . Refer to California Code of Regulations, title 11, https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/regs/text-adopted-regulations-bullet-button.pdf"

So my questions are:
1. I put caliber as multi even though it is stamped as 5.56. I have a 6.8spc upper and a 5.56 upper. I was registering with the 5.56 upper, but with a barrel change and a bolt change it could be another caliber, hence multi. . .
Should I just go along and say 5.56, or attempt to explain the reasoning for "multi"

2. I believe that what they are talking about with the "additional characteristics" is that I have a Larue muzzle brake on the end of the barrel. I believe they are confusing it with a flash hider. Here is a link to the muzzle brake: https://www.larue.com/products/larue...brake-adapter/ Do I need to write them and clarify that it is a brake and not a flash hider, or do I need to just mark it out as a flash hider?

I'm hoping that somebody here can offer some guidance. I have been very grateful for the advice so far.

Thanks in advance!

Also, a photo for reference:
Old 12-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

I also need help.

I registered last night and received an email this morning staying I needed to make changes.

1) I wrote Daniel Defense M4V1....they want me to change it to M4 CARBINE.

2) I wrote barrel length: firearm with interchangeable barrel...they want me to write 556MM

Advice?
Old 12-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

It seems as if they are no longer accepting multi as a caliber. Call it 556 or whatever they want, then in the notes say that this is a multi caliber weapon and take a picture of the extra upper or barrel with the main side view picture of the weapon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 12-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

What does it say (regarding model) on the receiver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?
Old 12-01-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viet4lifeOC View Post
I also need help.

I registered last night and received an email this morning staying I needed to make changes.

2) I wrote barrel length: firearm with interchangeable barrel...they want me to write 556MM

Advice?
This is extremely concerning. Why would DOJ deliberately have someone enter information that is factually incorrect?
Old 12-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member

Just to clarify:

"Gun Caliber: Firearm with interchangable barrels" is what I wrote, but they want need to change it to 556MM

I received two separate emails..one after the other..one asking me change it to "M4 CARBINE for model and "556MM" for caliber.

Thanks for any advice
Old 12-01-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Just to clarify:

"Gun Caliber: Firearm with interchangable barrels" is what I wrote, but they want need to change it to 556MM

I received two separate emails..one after the other..one asking me change it to "M4 CARBINE for model and "556MM" for caliber.

Thanks for any advice
Is the gun a Daniel Defense M4V1? If so try to contact someone at the DOJ and ask why they want you to enter false information. I suspect this could be the sort of thing that comes back to bite a person in the *** later on.
Old 12-01-2017, 3:33 PM

Got this email for both today.

The California Department of Justice has received your electronic AB 1135/SB 880 Assault Weapon Registration and will begin processing your submission. You will be notified of the results via U.S. Mail. If you have any questions, please use the Report an Issue feature in the CFARS application https://cfars.doj.ca.gov. For questions regarding your account, please email the Bureau of Firearms at: bofcris@doj.ca.gov

Does this mean the pictures were all good, and everything is as it should be, or does it just mean they got it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagman View Post
Don't sweat the petty things. Pet the sweaty things.

Last edited by Fox Mulder; 12-02-2017 at 3:00 PM..
Old 12-01-2017, 5:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Tungsten View Post
Is the gun a Daniel Defense M4V1? If so try to contact someone at the DOJ and ask why they want you to enter false information. I suspect this could be the sort of thing that comes back to bite a person in the *** later on.
Yes..it's a Daniel Defense M4V1

Exactly like this one....

Old 12-01-2017, 5:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Mulder View Post

The California Department of Justice has received your electronic AB 1135/SB 880 Assault Weapon Registration and will begin processing your submission. You will be notified of the results via U.S. Mail. If you have any questions, please use the Report an Issue feature in the CFARS application https://cfars.doj.ca.gov. For questions regarding your account, please email the Bureau of Firearms at: bofcris@doj.ca.gov

Does this mean the pictures were all good, and everything is as it should be, or does it just mean they got it?
I received the same email soon after my registration...only to receive two emails staying I needed to make corrections.
Old 12-01-2017, 5:12 PM
Veteran Member

It's there a number I can call to get this straightened out?
Old 12-01-2017, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Yes..it's a Daniel Defense M4V1

Exactly like this one....

Hmmmm. I think this is another thing Chuck Michel's law firm needs to be made aware of. DOJ giving out what would seem to be Bad Advice is BS.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of the number to call for the DOJ, sorry.
Old 12-01-2017, 8:21 PM

Wait, how long is it taking you guys to get the emails? I submitted mine back on 11/11: my card was charged, they all say "in progress," but I never got any confirmation emails at all. Do I need to call them to check or something?
Old 12-01-2017, 9:48 PM

Quote:
It's there a number I can call to get this straightened out?
From someones DOJ letter pic in this thread:

DOJ Bureau of firearms AW (916)227-2153

Old 12-01-2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I received the same email soon after my registration...only to receive two emails staying I needed to make corrections.
Thanks for the info. Good luck with the issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagman View Post
Don't sweat the petty things. Pet the sweaty things.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubi View Post
Wait, how long is it taking you guys to get the emails? I submitted mine back on 11/11: my card was charged, they all say "in progress," but I never got any confirmation emails at all. Do I need to call them to check or something?
I complete my registration after 5pm on. Paid for it..and received an email within minutes.

Following morning..I received two emails informing me that I needed to make corrections. Based on the letter...ie your description doesn't match your picture...i assume a person went through my application.

I made the two corrections as they advised.....made note in the "cyber seven"...resubmit my application... print out everything for proof.

I'd call them just to get an update if I was in your shoe
Old 12-02-2017, 9:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Do they accept videos? How about a full production showing the dissasembly, re-assembly, hidden markings, stuff under hand guards and grips, etc? Perhaps add copies of reciepts showing that all the parts were purchased legally?

Then mayby a full set of fingerprints and get the entire package notarized before you send it in so it's really you and not someone else?

Lemmings.
You forgot to add inner photo of rectum to your description

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:53 AM

Default CFARS Processing Times

Quote:
I Volreg an 80%er on 11/11, received an e-mail the next working day saying that they received my $19. It was not until 12/1 that I received another e-mail saying that they had "just" received my electronic application and that they would begin processing my submission. Also stated that I will be notified of the results via U.S. Mail.
I believe that CFARS is currently way overloaded and applications that were taking a few weeks are now taking months. You could try to contact a real person, but probably won't be successful. I would give it another week before I got concerned.
Old 12-02-2017, 9:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I also need help.

Advice?

It almost sounds like they are actively trying to maximize the number of registrations that fit into the ďM4 CarbineĒ model even when itís wrong! This should be concerning.
Old 12-02-2017, 9:58 PM

Quote:
It almost sounds like they are actively trying to maximize the number of registrations that fit into the ďM4 CarbineĒ model even when itís wrong! This should be concerning.

Yeah, they are trying to make the guns that are rollmarked M4 Carbine cal 556mm register as an M4 Carbine in 556mm cal, seems sinister.

Probably just make my life easier by not having to explain to someone why my registration papers say colt 6920 but the gun is marked says M4
Old 12-02-2017, 10:37 PM
Veteran Member

My recommendation is that you carry a copy of the application as well as the final registration letter. That way you can show the LEO that you put down what is actually marked on the gun and that you were instructed by CADOJ to change it
Old 12-02-2017, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It almost sounds like they are actively trying to maximize thbe number of registrations that fit into the ďM4 CarbineĒ model even when itís wrong! This should be concerning.
Forgive my ignorance, but why is this sinister?

I thought AR-15 and AK-47 were illegal by (I think that's what the OP instruction said) by name. Is M4 carbine illegal by name also?
Old 12-02-2017, 11:28 PM

Smile Mine Neither

Quote:
I submitted 37 apps on 11-13 and not a peep yet. They are probably working on their ops plan to raid the place...just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not coming for you...:-)
Old 12-02-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:

I thought AR-15 and AK-47 were illegal by (I think that's what the OP instruction said) by name. Is M4 carbine illegal by name also?
Colt M4 Carbine is an off list lower - perfectly fine to own in PRK
Old 12-03-2017, 5:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @miller View Post
I submitted 37 apps on 11-13 and not a peep yet. They are probably working on their ops plan to raid the place...just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not coming for you...:-)
LoL
Old 12-03-2017, 5:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @miller View Post
Colt M4 Carbine is an off list lower - perfectly fine to own in PRK
Thank you good sir for the info
Old 12-04-2017, 7:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Perception and political gamesmanship. The LE6920 is the correct model, but the roll mark is well known in the public as the gun issued to the Army.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Mulder View Post

From my personal experience, and what I've seen here from others, that email basically means everything is good to go and your approval letter is in the mail.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed_SS View Post
From my personal experience, and what I've seen here from others, that email basically means everything is good to go and your approval letter is in the mail.
agree that is generally the case, i have never received more inquires about a gun after I received the confirmation of submission email. I have received a letter in the mail listing a few of them. But for a couple guns I have yet to receive the letter in mail, going on almost 3 months for one.
Old 12-04-2017, 1:52 PM
Veteran Member

After 10 emails full of DOJ directed corrections, I got my approval letter. Total time from application to approval letter 30 days.
Old 12-04-2017, 4:12 PM

If I de-feature my AR can I remove the bullet button?