Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-21-2017, 3:14 PM

If they wanted to band bumpfire stocks why not....I don't know... go down to the patent office and see how it was defined lol and then create a law...not this vague garbage. Its not rocket science.
WTB: Pietta 45lc conversion cylinder
Old 10-21-2017, 8:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbormaster View Post
I asked a simple question. What, besides hire lawyers, has the NRA done for us and all I get is your insult. Hence I guess they don't do anything but hire lawyers and since I hate lawyers what good are they?
Your question has been a troll question for years
The NRA hires lawyers to fight legislation that gets passed here in California Yes, lawyers because you don't send fish-mongers, garbage men or circus clowns to fight for us in court. It takes lawyers. The NRA also funds a lobbyist for the state of California only. As in California is the only state in the union that has its own dedicated NRA lobbyist. The NRA funds training and range development in California and works closely with the CRPA to fight for our rights.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:59 AM

Default Trolling?

When someone accuses another of trolling it strikes me they just don't much care for the question. I get it; hiring lawyers is a necessity and few would like it. As I recall lawyers rank up there behind politicians and used car sales people. I'm not sure who's on top of that heap - guess it depends on the deal for the used car.

I was hoping someone would say that the NRA was engaged in campaigns, that it donated heavily to pro gun candidates and that it distributed more than a nation wide media campaign into CA? If we won a few campaigns in the state assembly or senate we would not need the lawyers because the laws wouldn't be passed and put into place.

So what is cheaper - the lawyers or the campaigns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
Your question has been a troll question for years
The NRA hires lawyers to fight legislation that gets passed here in California Yes, lawyers because you don't send fish-mongers, garbage men or circus clowns to fight for us in court. It takes lawyers. The NRA also funds a lobbyist for the state of California only. As in California is the only state in the union that has its own dedicated NRA lobbyist. The NRA funds training and range development in California and works closely with the CRPA to fight for our rights.
Old 10-24-2017, 2:49 PM

Quote:
When someone accuses another of trolling it strikes me they just don't much care for the question. I get it; hiring lawyers is a necessity and few would like it. As I recall lawyers rank up there behind politicians and used car sales people. I'm not sure who's on top of that heap - guess it depends on the deal for the used car.

I was hoping someone would say that the NRA was engaged in campaigns, that it donated heavily to pro gun candidates and that it distributed more than a nation wide media campaign into CA? If we won a few campaigns in the state assembly or senate we would not need the lawyers because the laws wouldn't be passed and put into place.

So what is cheaper - the lawyers or the campaigns?
Perhaps if you paid more attention to the info the NRA provides you could spend less time trolling and more time helping the cause. Are you even a member?

This website may answer your questions.

https://www.nraila.org/grassroots/
Old 10-24-2017, 3:09 PM

Yes I am a member. I don't understand how its trolling to question the NRA's actions. I tire of them hiring lawyers and not campaigning and I thought I made that pretty clear. It seems to me that it would be less expensive to avoid law suits then pay expensive lawyers to fight them? If the organization is above reproach say so; document it, use my so called "trolling" to prove me wrong please I wish you could? I would like to think you or someone else could show me what the NRA does politically in CA?

Did you notice your link, the one you provided me templeknight, does not mention the state of California one time? It is a national organization I get that, and the page is great for national response, but they are losing in CA. I want them to WIN.
Old 10-24-2017, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Yes I am a member. I don't understand how its trolling to question the NRA's actions. I tire of them hiring lawyers and not campaigning and I thought I made that pretty clear. It seems to me that it would be less expensive to avoid law suits then pay expensive lawyers to fight them? If the organization is above reproach say so; document it, use my so called "trolling" to prove me wrong please I wish you could? I would like to think you or someone else could show me what the NRA does politically in CA?

Did you notice your link, the one you provided me templeknight, does not mention the state of California one time? It is a national organization I get that, and the page is great for national response, but they are losing in CA. I want them to WIN.
Through the magic of the internet, there is more than one piece of info on that link. https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...on-regulations

Iím not your secretary, if you are truely interested the info you need is there. Read the emails from the NRA if you actually a member; like them on Facebook.
Old 10-24-2017, 7:24 PM
Veteran Member

At the GGNRA dinner recently, H. Paul Payne told us that nearly half the budget of the NRA is spent in CA. It's their most important state, and that if it falls so goes the electorate in all over the USA. They think about it first and most often, and they are financing lawsuits, organizing grassroots efforts, recruiting people to join and sponsoring all kinds of youth events, and showing up whenever and wherever a school board, city, town, or other anti-gun institution prevents youth from displaying NRA shirts or espousing 2A support.

They are here and doing a huge amount of stuff, just get the info and get involved. Nothing is perfect everything is a business in the USA and the world, can't find perfection. I again encourage you to contact H. Paul Payne and David Halbrook. They are on here and Paul posts under that name. Talk to them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 10-24-2017, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
At the GGNRA dinner recently, H. Paul Payne told us that nearly half the budget of the NRA is spent in CA. It's their most important state, and that if it falls so goes the electorate in all over the USA. They think about it first and most often, and they are financing lawsuits, organizing grassroots efforts, recruiting people to join and sponsoring all kinds of youth events, and showing up whenever and wherever a school board, city, town, or other anti-gun institution prevents youth from displaying NRA shirts or espousing 2A support.

They are here and doing a huge amount of stuff, just get the info and get involved. Nothing is perfect everything is a business in the USA and the world, can't find perfection. I again encourage you to contact H. Paul Payne and David Halbrook. They are on here and Paul posts under that name. Talk to them!
If this is them helping, I'd hate to see what failure looks like.
Old 10-25-2017, 8:21 AM

Default Thank you

I go to a few council meetings, and supervisor meetings, and at one I spoke during the public comments about access to concealed weapons permits. I don't go to a lot of them, but hadn't ever seen anyone stand up and say I'm with the NRA - not saying it doesn't happen because there are a lot of city / county meetings in this state.

I am shocked and surprised to hear they spend half their money in CA? I am both happy about that and skeptical? It would be great if true, but I just wish they'd do more to elect a few assembly members or state senators then try to win in court all of the time.

Quote:

Old 10-25-2017, 4:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

I'm a Life Member, and all anyone who wants to know "what has NRA done?" need only to do a search and they'll find info. If all NRA accomplished was killing the pre-Heller SF handgun ban that would be enough for me, but of course they've done more. Having said that, I'd be a bit disappointed if half their spending went to CA. If it's "half of Fund X" devoted to certain states, OK - but I'd like to know exactly what that half represents.

The "as goes CA so goes the country" axiom is, in my opinion, worn very thin. Other states aren't go the CA way on guns, they're headed in the opposite direction. CA doesn't influence the rest of the country, CA my influence those few states such as NY, MA, NJ that have shown on their own a tendency to push gun control.