Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-08-2013, 7:03 AM

Default Democratic Supermajority Gun Grab Rush

Well fellas, this could explain why the darn libs are so hellbent to enact all of these possible anti-gun laws immediately. According to the news story, the dems will lose the supermajority in the Assembly this spring due to special elections and the shifting of offices.

http://www.mercurynews.com/californi...be-short-lived

They need these rammed through now early enough so that the Gov's period of time in which to exercise a veto begins to run. This is so that if he does veto any of the proposals, they will still be able to become law prior to the loss of the supermajority.

The reailty is that if the vote can be delayed simply long enough to push the period for the gov's exercise of veto power even a little BEYOND the point where the Assembly supermajority is lost, then Gov Brown would be able to block some, or potentially all, of these proposals from becoming law. Seems ironic and a bit uneasy that we have to rely on Jerry Brown but at least he so far has been very cool to issues such as these.
Old 02-08-2013, 7:19 AM
Calguns Addict

You think?

These laws will totally destroy my interest, so long as I'm here in California. I refuse to buy into the panic buying frenzy and overpay for something I can buy cheaper in another state. Rather, I will focus my resources and energy into leaving this state.

I will only come back if I end up down and out and not able to work. Then I know California will be good to me.