Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2018, 10:04 AM

Should I be worried I never got an email confirmation email after I resubmitted? Alot of people including myself after a re submission get an email fairly quickly.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG308 View Post
Should I be worried I never got an email confirmation email after I resubmitted? Alot of people including myself after a re submission get an email fairly quickly.
My resubmissions or corrections have been from 1 to 6 days.

Just keep checking CFARs every week to make sure that none snuck their way to incomplete status of some other status other than processing.

I figure come October 1 if I have not received at leas the email saying they have accepted my application then I will start getting worried.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:01 AM

I just checked the mail and I got one approval letter for the SIG MPX.

So now I can take the mod off that I made and drop it down to 28.5" right?

So happy!

I'll make another post a little later with the timeline on this for everyone's reference.

I wonder how many other people who have this same gun chose to keep it a fixed stock instead of keeping it adjustable like it was intended.

Last edited by PG308; 07-14-2018 at 11:05 AM..
Old 07-14-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaocaholica View Post
Just got an incomplete email. Looks like they're still working Saturdays.

edit: Sigh. Everything looks correct on the one they think has the wrong features checked. Flash hider already present. Stock is a magpul fixed carbine. I think they are just mistakingly identifying the stock as telescoping. I'm going to just check the box for telescoping stock instead of trying to explain why its not a folding stock.
I was worried that CFARS might be put on hold since the Reg's were pulled.

Typical government thinking is to not waste money doing something that maybe **** canned but still maintaining the people and system and paying for everything needed to continue, just that the workers get to goof off all day doing nothing.

Glad to see there is one smart administrator knowing you are paying for the CFARS employees/system either way. Continuing to process means maybe not wasting all that time and money.

ANYONE ELSE GET CFARS EMAILS SINCE JULY 12?
Old 07-14-2018, 11:03 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

So happy!

I'll make another post a little later with the timeline on this for everyone's reference.

Yep.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / CRPA / FPC / USCCA member
Old 07-14-2018, 11:24 AM

After receiving the official approval letter, my PS90 looks and handle so much better with OAL at 26.25" instead of that extra 4" barrel extension that weight near 8oz.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

So happy!

I wonder how many other people who have this same gun chose to keep it a fixed stock instead of keeping it adjustable like it was intended.
Congrats! You can make it as short as 26" if you wish as long as the barrel is still > 16".

I'm planning to keep my fixed stock (a triangle AK type of stock) on one of the MPX carbines. I may put a sidefolding hinge if it can stay > 26". The other one is not a CA gun, so it's going to get SBR'ed and canned

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Just got an incomplete email. Looks like they're still working Saturdays.

edit: Sigh. Everything looks correct on the one they think has the wrong features checked. Flash hider already present. Stock is a magpul fixed carbine. I think they are just mistakingly identifying the stock as telescoping. I'm going to just check the box for telescoping stock instead of trying to explain why its not a folding stock.
Ummm, folding is different than telescoping.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrowningfan View Post
Ummm, folding is different than telescoping.
It's all lumped into one checkbox so it really doesn't matter. Pardon my sloppy wording.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
It's all lumped into one checkbox so it really doesn't matter. Pardon my sloppy wording.
True, and it all comes down to staying above the minimum 'compressed' operable length.
Old 07-14-2018, 3:55 PM

i had a DD MK18 AR pistol kicked back for not checking threaded barrel. if i check it, am i risking an angry knock for checking that box?

pistol is completely factory
Old 07-14-2018, 4:22 PM

I was most worried about my sig mpx of all my guns becuase of the configuration I wanted. So I did it first and by itself. Under 30", adjustable stock were very important to me the reason for kickbacks. As some of you who have followed my posts know. Here was the timeline for the sig.

My application submitted on 5/6/18
1st Kicked back on 7/2/18
Resubmit 7/3/18
2nd kickback 7/5/2018
Resumbit same day 7/5/1018
Email Submission Confirmation notice 7/5/2018 (same day really fast)
Received letter (mine) on July 14 (dated on letter July 7)

I tired to make my corrections as quickly as possible. I want to give a huge shout out to user beanz2 for helping me fix my OAL problem so I could keep my adjustable stock. You sir are my angel. God bless you! Hope this helps others figure out the timeline. My other friend took longer to recieve his letter I think it was 20 days maybe 14 compared to my 9.

PS. I imagine the DOJ will try and push the total number of guns reg'd as high as they can. So I say dont stress or worry about not getting approved if your weapon is in a legal configuration. Thanks all and good luck.
Old 07-14-2018, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
i had a DD MK18 AR pistol kicked back for not checking threaded barrel. if i check it, am i risking an angry knock for checking that box?

pistol is completely factory
You should have checked it. Itís legal. The guide said to check it as well if you were following.
Old 07-14-2018, 4:55 PM

Quote:
You should have checked it. It’s legal. The guide said to check it as well if you were following.
i did but got overwhelmed and missed it i guess.

thanks.

all 4 guns i registered were kicked back. seems easy to fix

mpx- want different angle of my BB (no detailed instruction given)
vector: need full picture of receiver with markings (the markings suck on that gun)
mega maten mml- can’t read make/model/serial (don’t know why...looks pretty clear to me...maybe i’ll fill the factory engravings with whiteout)
DDMK18- threaded barrel box needs to be checked
Old 07-15-2018, 6:50 AM

Got my first letter yesterday!

Applied beginning of May, got submission email on Jun 3. Needed to correct one thing, got letter stating they were registered on Jun 6.

Now I'm waiting for all my homebuild that were done mid June!
Old 07-15-2018, 10:14 AM

Do the letters come
-individually, independent of other firearms also submitted on the registration that are not yet accepted
-As batches for each registration/$15
-As one big final dump of all of them with the multiple firearms on multiple $15 registrations.

The start of this big thread suggested you get nothing until your entire firearms in key are accepted but for the last 25 pages of this thread it appears that this may not be so if I am reading those posts correctly.

Anyone wish to chime in on a paper USPS received registration you have received while still having other firearms not yet accepted on the same registration/$15,......on other registrations/$15.
-----------------------------------
My first email of accepting my first registration for review was mid-May with the latest firearm incomplete on that batch of firearms accepted on June 1 but still waiting for them to add McClure outdoor to the make drop down for the only one I do not have an email for. They have set it to incomplete twice so I resubmitted twice so as to not loose that 30 days response. It has been an additional 4 weeks since last submission and they have yet to add Make to drop down list like they keep asking me to choose-but at least apparently for now they stopped setting it to incomplete

My second one was a single FMBUS AR pistol that's been in limbo for several months

My third batch had the final accepted application June 22. So both on this registration were accepted-still no letter or letters.

My fourth and fifth batches were individual rifle applicatins that I thought would be more thought provoking for the reviewer and also was not sure if I wanted to register them or sale/reconfigure/take apart and put into storage so I procrastinated till June 21 then June 22. These have not been reviewed.

As of yet …... no paper letters for me! Will I at least get some soup?

Last edited by Xerxes; 07-15-2018 at 10:18 AM..
Old 07-15-2018, 10:33 AM

I did all my guns separately(no batches). I got 1 envelope with 8 letters inside. Each letter had one gun on it except one letter had 2 which I verified were submitted separately. So really no consistency but it still seems smaller batches are probably faster to get processed.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proselyte View Post
Is this timeline normal?

- 3/4 Submitted application with 4 rifles
- 3/6 kicked back for caliber issue (not marked on receiver)
- 3/7 added photo of barrel with caliber marked
- 3/8 received submission confirmation email
- 4/4 kicked back again for manufacturer name issue (used what was on the DROS form but they requested it be changed). Submitted correction same day.
- 4/5 received submission confirmation email again

The status on all 4 is "In Progress" and I have not heard anything since the 4/5 "submission confirmation" email.

Anyone else having their application take this long?
Update:
06/29 Opened an issue requesting an explanation as to why all 4 rifles are pending since March and received a canned response:

DOJ Response: Mr. Proselyte, we are receiving a high influx of applications. According to CCR, title 11, section 5476(a), "Applications for assault weapon registration must be received between January 1, 2017, and June 30, 2018, and will be processed in the order in which they are received". Once your application is marked as complete, you will receive an email notification. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us again. Thank you.

7/11 Replied inquiring if there is anything I can do to expedite the process, what if any additional info is needed, etc.

DOJ Response: Mr. Proselyte, it appears 3 of your applications are marked as "complete" and only one of your applications is still "in progress." We are in the process of adding the "Make" of your firearm to our system and when your "Make" is available you will be notified via email.

So after waiting since March I found out it is the dreaded "Make not in the pull-down menu" holdup. Anyone receive any information on how long this might take?
Old 07-15-2018, 11:01 AM

DOJ letting people batch and processing as batches was really dumb.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proselyte View Post
Update:
06/29 Opened an issue requesting an explanation as to why all 4 rifles are pending since March and received a canned response:

DOJ Response: Mr. Proselyte, we are receiving a high influx of applications. According to CCR, title 11, section 5476(a), "Applications for assault weapon registration must be received between January 1, 2017, and June 30, 2018, and will be processed in the order in which they are received". Once your application is marked as complete, you will receive an email notification. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us again. Thank you.

7/11 Replied inquiring if there is anything I can do to expedite the process, what if any additional info is needed, etc.

DOJ Response: Mr. Proselyte, it appears 3 of your applications are marked as "complete" and only one of your applications is still "in progress." We are in the process of adding the "Make" of your firearm to our system and when your "Make" is available you will be notified via email.

So after waiting since March I found out it is the dreaded "Make not in the pull-down menu" holdup. Anyone receive any information on how long this might take?
First, it is unusual that you did not receive THREE emails saying they have accepted your application even though the fourth was in the dreaded purgatory of MAKE not on drop down menu.

Maybe they just now reviewed your registration batch and completed 3 which you will soon get your emails for because the only time I did not get the canned response on my submitted issues when it was my turn to have some firearms reviewed. It appears mostly the issue submissions are ignored till its your turn for a review as the initial computerbot (hope its not a Putin bot conspiring with Newsome) it actually says that just like you posted.

Alternatively these were reviewed long ago and you somehow did not receive or missed your emails then later they decided to out of the blue look at your issues.

For adding the make and how long it takes, I vaguely remember in the first 20 pages of this thread after the incomplete it was just a few days. I think the person that did this for them took another job because I am now at 3 months on mine, the author of this thread was one month longer than that (if he is also in such limbo still), so at least that long, probably longer.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:05 PM
Calguns Addict

I got my 4th batch approved first, followed by the 1st. The second letter included all the firearms from the 1st batch. I was surprised when I read shaocaholica got separate letters for each one of the firearms he submitted. I should've done what he did, but I was too cheap.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 07-15-2018, 7:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

[QUOTE=Xerxes;21883182]Do the letters come
-individually, independent of other firearms also submitted on the registration that are not yet accepted
-As one big final dump of all of them with the multiple firearms on multiple $15 registrations.

The start of this big thread suggested you get nothing until your entire firearms in key are accepted but for the last 25 pages of this thread it appears that this may not be so if I am reading those posts correctly.

Anyone wish to chime in on a paper USPS received registration you have received while still having other firearms not yet accepted on the same registration/$15,......on other registrations/$15.

I have received 1 letter for 3 different firearms from 2 different batches. Go figure
Old 07-15-2018, 7:53 PM
Calguns Addict

[QUOTE=DBA;21884839]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Do the letters come

I have received 1 letter for 3 different firearms from 2 different batches. Go figure
Yes.

All the rifles were on the letter. Still waiting on the home made pistol, that was sent in with the rifles.
Old 07-15-2018, 8:29 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

They typically arrive as one letter per batch (per $15 fee paid). That's been the case for nearly everyone so far, though one person reported getting a letter for every single firearm (something like 6 total) when they only submitted one batch. So it's not the same for everyone apparently, but the vast majority reported getting one letter per batch of firearms submitted.