Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-16-2018, 4:08 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
WTH man - you call this spreading FUD?

THEY PLEAD GUILTY TO IMPORTATION OF LARGE CAP MAGS, ie they got the conviction - lines 10 -12.

The PC they were convicted of so there is no doubt what PC12020A.2 is (or was):

https://law.justia.com/codes/califor...020-12040.html
Too bad this thread is about the infraction violation of importing ammo into California. What you are doing is spreading FUD and paranoia by trying to compare the efforts used to enforce a felony violation to that of an infraction violation. The difference in what is needed to make an arrest between the two are different as are the ability to get a search warrant. But keep ignoring these simple facts and spread the paranoia.

You can't buy happiness but you can buy guns and that's pretty much the same thing.

NRA Benefactor Member

Police brutality? Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114 to learn more about "isolated incidents"
Old 03-16-2018, 5:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
Too bad this thread is about the infraction violation of importing ammo into California. What you are doing is spreading FUD and paranoia by trying to compare the efforts used to enforce a felony violation to that of an infraction violation. The difference in what is needed to make an arrest between the two are different as are the ability to get a search warrant. But keep ignoring these simple facts and spread the paranoia.

This X10000000

What do hear ???...... Nothing but the rain. Well grab your gun and bring in the cat.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
It makes it bigger and longer.
Old 03-16-2018, 7:04 PM

So you post an image of some text that allegedly came from a court transcript.

No reference to which case, or any other specifics. Just some text.

You must be the type that believes everything they read on the internet.

If you want to live scared, believing that big brother is always watching ala 1984, go for it.

But this **** is straight unrealistic. "They" cant even catch terrorists, or stop a kit THAT HAVE BEEN WATCHING from shooting up a highschool. But you expect us to believe they will set up a string operation to catch the THOUSANDS of people who could potentially cross the border daily to buy something "bad" and pop them for a freaking misdemeanor or infraction?

GIVE ME A BREAK!!

You are talking tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars, to catch a couple people with evil ammo and mags.

FYI most police cars already have plate scanners. My local PD told me so when they wrote me a ticket for having a smoked plate cover.

I am sorry, but the reality is that the technical resources, manpower, expense, and multi jurisdiction and agency coordination required for this makes it downright improbable, if not impossible. This is the type of operation "they" use to catch REALLY, REALLY BAD GUYS. Not some random CA joe who wants a naughty magazine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
WTH man - you call this spreading FUD?

THEY PLEAD GUILTY TO IMPORTATION OF LARGE CAP MAGS, ie they got the conviction - lines 10 -12.

The PC they were convicted of so there is no doubt what PC12020A.2 is (or was):

https://law.justia.com/codes/califor...020-12040.html
This guy gets it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
And I say that you are spreading FUD. I saw the transcript. I also saw the paragraph above (line #5) where it says that they followed the suspects back to the border. And note the implication on lines 8-9 that they didn't get the mag importation conviction.

As I said, they have to follow you. They can't watch you leave the show and "radio ahead to CHP" to pull you over. Even ex-LEO Trickster said that they need to maintain a visual on you the entire time. If you are concerned about this sort of thing, make sure you drive around Reno enough after leaving the show to be sure that nobody is following you. Hell, go up and visit Scheels and drool over their gun displays.

FUD, dude. But I'll give you points for being passionate about it.
Old 03-16-2018, 7:27 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam6955 View Post
So you post an image of some text that allegedly came from a court transcript.

No reference to which case, or any other specifics. Just some text.
He posted the link - https://www.scribd.com/mobile/docume...Ignatius-Chinn

This was 2006 testimony by Special Agent Supervisor Ignatius Chinn, DOJ Division of Firearms, in the Nordyke case (Alameda gun shows).

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 03-17-2018, 1:05 AM

OK.....

so they occasionally, in 1999, had gun show specific operations targeting GANG MEMBERS and KNOWN CRIMINALS.

If you were not aware, this actually lends more credibility to us "reasonable people" than the alarmist 1984 crowd.

The idea that CA DOJ agents put together these massive, inter agency and interstate sting operations to catch a couple guys smuggling some evil mags into CA, is still ludacris.

Last edited by adam6955; 03-17-2018 at 1:34 AM..
Old 03-17-2018, 7:22 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam6955 View Post
OK.....

so they occasionally, in 1999, had gun show specific operations targeting GANG MEMBERS and KNOWN CRIMINALS.

If you were not aware, this actually lends more credibility to us "reasonable people" than the alarmist 1984 crowd.

The idea that CA DOJ agents put together these massive, inter agency and interstate sting operations to catch a couple guys smuggling some evil mags into CA, is still ludacris.
Not massive, just enough to get the word out. They rule by fear!

Check out my engraving gallery on my website, Thanks
http://vadertactical.com/engraving-gallery
Old 03-17-2018, 11:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
Not massive, just enough to get the word out. They rule by fear!
And over the two or so decades, it's worked...and its working better day by day.
The coast of California
Must be somewhere over here, over here
Greatful Dead
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain