Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2012, 5:27 PM
Calguns Addict
Default Mossberg MVP Varmint - Range Report posted

Took a look at the Mossberg MVP Varmint, Big 5 happened to have them on sale through the end of the month. I like the use of standard AR mags, like the stock that would allow a left hander to use it effectively from the bench or a rest. Even though it doesn't come in left hand, thinking about it anyway.

Any actual owners (if your opinions come from reviews or YouTube, thanks but no thanks) out there have an opinion?

Edit: Pulled the trigger on the last one (24" barrel) at my local Big 5 since there will be plenty of time to recharge the savings account before being able to start the .308 build I was considering before all this craziness started. If I like it as much as I think I will, I'll be on the lookout for the 18.5" version later in next year!

Thanks to the MVP owners who came back with info both pro and con!

Range Report in post #23
I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

Last edited by Grumpyoldretiredcop; 01-11-2013 at 3:54 PM.. Reason: Posted range report