Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 12-14-2012, 1:14 PM

Default Guns Fishing & other Stuff - Vacaville

I had never been in this place before - went in to do a PPT.

Folks downstairs were very polite - inspected the rifle to make sure it was clear (put a piece of blue tape on the bag - I suppose so other staff could see that the firearm had been inspected) and then told us to go upstairs to do the transfer.

As soon as we got upstairs a female employee demanded to know what we were doing up there. I showed the bag with the conspicuous piece of blue tape and said "we're here to do a transfer". She says (like she's totally PO'd) "why did you come up here?" "Because they told me to downstairs". She then started throwing boxes of guns around like an airport baggage handler (at this point the buyer and I look at each other like "WTF????") and a very polite gentleman came over to do the PPT.

I have been around ranges (including over 5 years as paid range staff & as a competitive/sponsored shooter) and shooting for over 40 years. I've met my share of douches but that lady takes the cake. I doubt I would ever go back to that store for any reason.

To the FFL - I know its a tough business. But your employees are gonna kill your business if you don't keep them up to snuff. I did everything your staff asked me to do - cheerfully and with full cooperation. A little courtesy would have gone a long way. As I said, the older guy who actually did out PPT was great.
Old 12-14-2012, 1:17 PM

Do a quick search, it a common experience there.
Old 12-14-2012, 1:21 PM

I refuse to go there due to my horrible experience trying to purchase a fire arm and the fact they turned my buddy away when he wanted to PPT... There's better places to PPT in Vacaville... I've had good experiences at Center Mass Shooting Range.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 12-14-2012, 3:17 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes88 View Post
I refuse to go there due to my horrible experience trying to purchase a fire arm and the fact they turned my buddy away when he wanted to PPT... There's better places to PPT in Vacaville... I've had good experiences at Center Mass Shooting Range.
+1 Center Mass
Old 12-14-2012, 8:18 PM

I spent over an hour there couple of weeks ago for a PPT. They are very slow. I will probably not be back.
Old 12-14-2012, 8:41 PM

How about this for starters:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=630471
Old 12-14-2012, 9:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedrek View Post
THIS

Don't give these clowns your money, they are not a friend of ours.
Old 12-15-2012, 6:54 AM
1/2 BANNED
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Long story short

A CO i am involved with had so many problems with that outfit we pulled ALL of our idems out of their store NEVER to return
650-315-2210

M-F 9:30-6:30
Sat-Sun 9:30-4:00

http://coyotepointarmory.com

Old 12-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

This is not the first time I heard something bad about them, thanks for the info!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:08 PM

"Guns, Ammo & Highway Robbery" is what I used to call it in reference to their pricing. I had stopped there a few times f
Old 12-19-2012, 10:46 AM

I will never do any business at Guns & Fishing again...Couple years now but I wanted Browning X Bolt 7mm Stainless Steel so I called and the guy over the phone said "we have one on the way should be here in 2 weeks" so after work I went and paid in full got my receipt and he said ill call you in 2 weeks few weeks now never got a call so I called and he said ohh now it's a 3 months wait for it WTF you told me 2 weeks so after 3 months I called again looking for my rifle who ever answer the phone said "we don't have one ordered for you but we just got one in about 1 week ago and it on display for sale would you like for me to hold the rifle for you" so I told him that's my rifle please hold it for me he then said its first come first served WTF...I went and did my dros after all the wait the day I'm picking up my rifle the same guy that sold me the rifle said your total amount is $112 and I told him remember I paid you in full I have my receipt staing paid in full he now tells me I did't have the gun with the bar code to scan the price at the time so I did't know the actual cost but its $112 if you want your rifle. So I refused to pay and ask for a manager which is the owner he look at the receipt and said "it's paid for what's the problem" your F****** employee trying to get over me is the problem...BEWARE PEOPLE.

Last edited by shermansaelio; 12-19-2012 at 11:06 AM..