Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member

Default Personal Defense Weapons - El Dorado Hills

I saw this store on Google Maps months ago and finally stopped by on Tuesday night. I went into the store and was immediately greeted and was asked if I needed help finding anything. I told him I just happened to see the store on Google Maps and wanted to stop by and check it out. He thanked me for stopping by! They had a subcompact I've been looking at on and off for a few months now, but in a different caliber. Anyways, he let me handle it and even pulled out the full-size model so I could compare the size to the one I already had. He went and checked the price on the one I wanted (a .40S&W instead of the 9mm) and it was the second best price in town, but only $9 more than the other store that is about 30 minutes farther away though. Works for me! Less travel time and therefore less gas too (EDH is the closest "Sacramento" area for me). Anyways, we got everything all set-up and I paid for everything in advance. He called me this morning to tell me that it came in, though, I got a call a little later telling me they had sent him the non-CA compliant version and apologized for any inconvenience it may have caused. He did say that he got a hold of the company though, and the correct one is already on the way and it should be here first thing next week!

So far, my personal opinion of the PDW is an A+. I was welcomed and thanked for coming in the store even just to look around, and my experience has been wonderful so far. The two gentlemen running the store are very friendly as well and are very professional. I recommend taking a peek at them the next time you are in the area!
Old 12-09-2012, 9:41 AM
Veteran Member

+1 on PDW. It's my favorite store. Tony and Danny are great guys, really helpful. Small store, decent selection but will get anything for you quickly. They're only 10 minutes from me so a couple bucks difference in price is well worth it. They do some smithing/repairs in house also. I highly recommend them too.

Oh, and they are in the permitting stage to build an indoor range. Not sure of their ETA .. it's a long process.
Old 12-10-2012, 7:57 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Im gonna check them out.
Old 12-15-2012, 6:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

They charged me 50bucks for a ftf transfer. Normally id have left but he paperwork as all done so i just paid it. Other than that they were polite and it was painless but the extra 15 kind of annoyed me as i was under the impression that 35 was the law.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Veteran Member

I was charged $50 for DROS and dealer fee. I'm assuming the other $25, or $15 (not sure what they actually charge for DROS as it was lumped into the same fee; they weren't "billed" separately), was for transferring the firearm from the place they ordered it from. If I had bought the gun online, I'd be paying $25 for a transfer anyways, so it is what it is, at least in my case. I'd be paying $50 or more depending what the FFL charged for a transfer. However, I figure PDW being 30 minutes or more closer to me one way than other shops in Sac makes up for it both in driving time and gas.