Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 12-09-2012, 8:36 AM

Joe I think there is something wrong with that trailer. You don't need hazmat placards for food or water trailers, except maybe high proof alcohal, so I would never use something that ever had those kinds of labels on it for water storage. It's also only rated for 25psi so your still going to need a proper pump and pressure system.

I will say the nice thing about a water trailer is you could tow it to a water source, lake or river, and fill it. It would still require filtration after you got it home but it would be doable and something that sized is going to need a rig to tow it with.

You could probably get a smaller water trailer, say 500 gallons, and use that to transport water from your source to a underground storage tank. Obviously your going to want several layers of filtration.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

Old 12-09-2012, 9:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
Hmmm. If I put a few drops of bleach in a FDA approved container such as empty 2 liter soda bottles after rinsing out thoroughly, fill with chlorinated Municipally treated water, then seal the lid, I would assume that the bleach added should kill any microorganisms in the container, and be safe for storage for a long time, as if I don't break the seal even the degrading bleach along with the air/water tight sealed top should keep everything inside dead, as the bottle can not be added to (new living organisms) because it is sealed.

Correct me if I am wrong, and tell me why if I am.
Your logic is sound, imo. That should work fine.
Old 12-09-2012, 9:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badreligion View Post
Joe I think there is something wrong with that trailer. You don't need hazmat placards for food or water trailers, except maybe high proof alcohal,
I think that photo was not of the actual water trailer for sale. I know about the placards.

I am just looking at options. Tomorrow I will call the plastic tank companies and ask them about what pressures they can handle. I just like the idea of having 10K or 20K gallons of water on my property.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:15 PM

I have 2 55 gallon drums stored away in my garage. I use $14 water preserver from amazon. Its slowly releases the bleach over 5 years. The trick is you have to quickly seal the barrel and never open until an emergency or after 5 years when its time to rotate. The intraweb says to keep out of sunlight and never place ontop of cemented floors. The cement can leach chemicals up into your plastic barrel. To be safe I built a small platform and place them ontop of it. This is my first time using the Water Preserver I wont know if it worked until 2017. Good Luck

Be fit everyday.