Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2012, 9:21 AM

Exclamation Looking for an internship at a local Gunsmith

Hello,

I'm a full time college student working on getting my business degree. I currently attend Chaffee College Rancho Cucamonga. I am a single parent trying to create a legacy for my children follow. I'm going to open my own shop in a few years and I would like to see how the business is ran, sales techniques, customer service, networking, organizational techniques, management techniques, etc. Of course I'm also interested in learning how to further work on firearms. I will be attending a trade school for gunsmithing as well, I don't expect to learn everything without professional training. I do understand that a true gunsmith is a lot more extensive than just fitting, polishing and installing. I also have a vast knowledge of firearms already, I'm no newbie. I've been around them my whole life, I've acquired merit badges for rifles, shotguns, archery while in Boy Scouts. I bought my 1st firearm at 18 and my 1st handgun at 21, since then I've owned 15 different firearms from the odd to the usual, built some AR-15s and a Romny G AK-47 (did my own parkerizing). I reload my own .223/5.56, .45acp and .44mag both progressive and single stage. My point is, I'm very comfortable around firearms and I'm educated.

I just want to clarify that I am expecting an unpaid internship from a small business. Please know and understand California labor laws regarding unpaid internships. Regulations from the DOL can be found here; http://lwemploymentlaw.com/2012/06/0...d-interns.aspx

Additional benefits:

1) I will be receiving a certification in keyboarding shortly (I already qualified and am just waiting for a physical cert) allowing me to effectively assist with data entry, business letters, e-mails or notes.
2) I am trained and certified by the American Red Cross in CPR, First Aid in infants, children, adults and using and AED in children and adults incase of any unforeseen illness, or injury anyone may face while in your place of business. (My cards are current)
3) I've studied HR, Marketing, Management, Ownership, Administration, etc. pertaining to business. This allows me to have input or ideas when asked for them. I will not tell you how to run your business or challenge you, I'm hear to learn from you, a successful small businessmen and entrepreneur.
4) I took 2 years of wood tech which means nothing, except that I'm comfortable with cutting machines, blades, computer operated machines, laths, sanding equipment that could be used as polishing equipment, compressed air painting, and all the safety standards that apply to any shop and its equipment.

Thank you for your consideration,
Nicholas
(909)560-3199

Power pistol, Accurate no. 7, Green Dot
WFT for 300 Blackout
45-70 & .450 Marlin brass
Check out my **Off-Roster** M&P 9 For Sale/Trade:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1242417

Last edited by SpaceMan; 12-08-2012 at 8:34 PM..