Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:57 AM

Default 2013 Bay Area Rifle Championship

Date for 2013 BARC has been set. 4th Weekend in July (27-28). Mark your calendars now. Registration will open on December 1st, 2012.

More later!

Last edited by GeoffLinder; 10-03-2012 at 8:58 PM..
Old 08-03-2012, 1:37 PM
Veteran Member

As usual.. I'm in for keepin' score
Old 08-03-2012, 4:20 PM
Veteran Member

As usual...count me in for slave labor.

In Christ: Raymond
Old 08-03-2012, 9:01 PM

3 is a quorum, so it looks like we are on fer' sure!

Vince, you started me thinking about a two day format you SOB, now look at what I have gone and done, I went and reserved the entire weekend for the 2013 BARC, darn you

Not sure how it will schedule out yet, but there will be shooting on both Saturday AND Sunday next year :-)
Old 08-05-2012, 4:35 PM

What's usually the distances on each stages? Would there be like 200-400yrds distance in some stages or mostly within 100yds? Thanks.
Old 08-05-2012, 6:23 PM
Veteran Member

2 days allows for more shooters.. I'd suggest double the # of squads as stages on an am-pm, pm-am schedule.. or 1.5x the # of squads on formats similar to the GBC..

all day Sat, sat am-sun am, or sat pm-sun am.
Old 08-05-2012, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagacali View Post
What's usually the distances on each stages? Would there be like 200-400yrds distance in some stages or mostly within 100yds? Thanks.
200 yrd max at Richmond. Most shots fired at the 2012 BARC are under 50 wards.

USPSA CRO
MEMBER: USPSA GSSF Richmond Rod & Gun

Help VSA help the troops.

http://veteranssportsmanalliance.org/

Last edited by prc77; 08-05-2012 at 6:39 PM..
Old 08-05-2012, 7:12 PM

I will be there again. I have made them all so far !!
Old 08-07-2012, 9:14 AM

320 minimum power factor for BB division?
Old 08-08-2012, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseless View Post
320 minimum power factor for BB division?
Match specifications will be revised for 2013. Details will be available around December 1, 2012. Stay tuned!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:25 PM

Considering a move to Time Plus scoring for the 2013 Bay Area Rifle Championship.

What say all you out there?

Please vote in the poll I have started at the following link:

2013 BARC Scoring Mode Poll

Thanks for participating in this decision making process.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 AM

Hey All,

What is the best route for a beginner who is looking to get involved in rifle competitions with their AR15? I have spent this past weekend trying to learn about the basics and I have found some great threads and forums, but I am still looking for something along the lines of a FAQ or rules breakdown that I can follow to make sure I have the basics covered.

I am simply looking to compete with my AR for the time being. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how do the competitors feel about newbies being around the competitions to ask questions, advice, etc.?

Thank you,
Jason
Old 10-01-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZBell View Post
Hey All,

What is the best route for a beginner who is looking to get involved in rifle competitions with their AR15? I have spent this past weekend trying to learn about the basics and I have found some great threads and forums, but I am still looking for something along the lines of a FAQ or rules breakdown that I can follow to make sure I have the basics covered.

I am simply looking to compete with my AR for the time being. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how do the competitors feel about newbies being around the competitions to ask questions, advice, etc.?

Thank you,
Jason
1) Open a new thread. You are thread-jacking.
2) Provide you location in your new thread. So we can tell you the best clubs in your area to start honing your rifle skills.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:46 AM

Read the competitor requirements and info on our safe competitor classes here: http://www.richmondhotshots.com

Safety is issue number one and all we care about in new competitors is that they are careful and safe. This is why our club (and many others) has certification requirements before you can compete in our matches.

USPSA and several IMG type competition rules can be found here:

http://www.3gunrules.com/documents/m...-info/manuals/
Old 10-01-2012, 12:16 PM

Now back to our regularly scheduled program with some match info updates for the 2013 BARC.

It is looking like we will be using USPSA Time Plus scoring for 2013 with no modifications to the standard USPSA rules.

The 2013 BARC will run a 2 day match format with sign-in on Saturday morning and shooting starting at noon on Saturday and finishing on Sunday no later than 2pm. Stage building will start on Tuesday the week before the match and an RO shoot session is planned for Friday so we can draw RO's from the competitor pool.

Competitors who wish to RO will now be able to compete too with full inclusion in final awards and prizes. Competitor RO's will receive a free match entry if they RO on either of the match days and will get cash compensation in addition if they RO both days. Contact me directly to learn more and sign on as an RO. Competitor RO's get priority in match registration too.

There will be 8 stages this year and we will be using a metric boatload of steel and lots of hard cover to keep accuracy in the game. Stage designs will be more complex and challenging now that we have the extra timeframe to do so.

Match fee will be $120 for 2013 and more match amenities will be provided in addition to the custom match T-Shirts and hats. There will be the usual generous prize table in addition to plaques for all divisions. We will also be featuring cash awards for some special categories.

Registration for 2013 will open on December 1st and entries will be accepted in order of postmark until we reach capacity. Entries must be sent in via standard US mail, no special delivery or overnight service please. Entries received prior to December 1st will be returned as will entries sent by other than standard first class US mail.

Match capacity is being increased to 130+ for 2013. Entry form will be posted a week before registration opens and an email blast will be sent out to everyone on our email list at that time. Last year we filled to capacity in 11 days so make sure you stay tuned and act fast when the time comes.

Free snacks and cold beverages will be provided as usual AND we will be arranging for a food truck vendor to provide hot grub on both days. Looking at a burger truck or a taco truck, please let us know your preference here so we can make a decision that everyone is happy with about food vendor type.

More info to come as details are sorted out.

Last edited by GeoffLinder; 11-28-2012 at 10:35 PM..
Old 10-01-2012, 1:32 PM
Veteran Member

I've been cleared to design a very evil technical stage.. beware the 60 mm clay.... and little piggies..

mmmmm taaaacoooooossssss

Last edited by sargenv; 10-01-2012 at 1:36 PM..
Old 10-01-2012, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenv View Post
I've been cleared to design a very evil technical stage.. beware the 60 mm clay.... and little piggies..

mmmmm taaaacoooooossssss
Yeah, I forgot to mention that Vince talked me into using an even smaller frangible clay target in addition to the standard ones too, Bwaahaahaa!!
Old 10-01-2012, 8:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffLinder View Post
Considering a move to Time Plus scoring for the 2013 Bay Area Rifle Championship.
What say all you out there?
Please vote in the poll I have started at the following link:
2013 BARC Scoring Mode Poll
Thanks for participating in this decision making process.
Guess Im part of the vocal minority

I'm not too concerned about lack of accuracy, there are mini ipsc paper targets, metrics targets with only the A/B box showing, small steel, no-shoots etc, so I'm sure Geoff has enough in his toolbox to make it more than enough challenging.

My biggest (and only really) issue with time plus scoring is that it heavily favors doing well on quick stages over longer stages.
Old 10-01-2012, 9:05 PM

Nothing quick in my plans. Design thoughts are enuff targets, maneuvers and/or difficulty on each stage that 30-40 seconds will be the minimum range of runtimes (your speed depending) with nothing hugely much more either (again, your speed depending). 30 to 50ish second runtime range across all stages is what I want to achieve at the top shooter level.

Last edited by GeoffLinder; 10-01-2012 at 9:27 PM..
Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 PM

So far 6 competitors have expressed match food preference. Results as follows:

Taco Truck: 4
Burger Truck: 1
BBQ Setup: 1

I am leaning towards Taco Truck because it satisfies all requirements well. Really fast food service, cheapest cost for food items, and really good ones are very easily booked and are well known quantities as far as high food quality goes.

If you have a pref here. please weigh in with your thoughts. We will go with the vocal majority here, speak up, and be heard!

BTW, the hot food vendor we choose will be a pay to eat service, not included in match fee. We will still have our usual snack and water freebies too.
Old 10-03-2012, 8:06 AM
Veteran Member

Taco truck on sat, bbq on sunday. Can't have tacos two days in a row
Old 10-03-2012, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesY View Post
Only going to do one or the other, it will have to be same vendor both days.
Old 10-03-2012, 2:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesY View Post
Who Says ! ;-)

I love the smell of TACOS in the morning
Old 10-03-2012, 3:49 PM

Me too, morning, noon, or night is alright for tacos :-)
Old 10-03-2012, 5:00 PM
Veteran Member

I vote that no matter the results, Raymond and Vince get to hit the prize table before the shooters.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 PM

Ok, due to some challenges in my life recently I have been a little slow getting things together for the 2013 BARC, but things are on course and registration will open on time (December 1st).

Some details:

Match fee will be increased to $120 for 2013, my apologies for this, but costs have been rising and we always try to increase the level of shooter amenities provided so this must be. I do promise that the 2013 match will, as usual be better than ever!

Registration form will be posted by end of this week and the usual registration procedure will be in effect. All entries must be submitted by standard US mail (no special delivery or overnight delivery allowed). Entries will be taken in order of receipt based on postmark date/time stamp. Once max entry level is reached (130 competitors max) all further entries received will be placed on the wait list in order of postmark. If you are placed on the waiting list we will notify you immediately and let you know what position you are in. If placed on wait list your entry fee check will be held and not cashed until you actually have a guaranteed slot. If you do not wish to remain on wait list, just let us know and your entry fee check will be returned or shredded (at your choice).

Match shoot dates and times are Saturday, July 27 10am-5pm and Sunday, July 28, 8am till 2pm. Awards will be held from 3pm to 4pm on Sunday. The 2013 BARC prize table will be (as usual) better than ever and for 2013 we will be featuring hard cash back to winners in specific division positions!

Due to the increased shoot schedule the stages will be more complex and challenging than ever and the match round count will be in excess of 300. All competitors will shoot the stages across both days.

Scoring for 2013 will be USPSA Time Plus with no specific power factor rewarded. 150 PF minimum will be strictly enforced. Standard USPSA division structure will be in effect (Open, Tactical, Limeted and Manual Open). In addition to standard category awards (LEO, Military, Lady, Senior and Super Senior) special categories awarded will be Garand and Crease (smack dab in the middle).

An email blast will be sent out within the week with full details and the registration form will be posted at the BARC website and at the RRGC website.

As noted previously in this thread, there will be an RO only shoot session on Friday July 26 from 12pm-5pm and on Saturday, July 27 from 8am until 10am (for stragglers). If you wish to RO please contact me directly. RO's will receive a free match entry for one days work (Sat or Sun) and additional cash compensation if they work both days (Sat and Sun). RO's will be fully included in match awards process.

In addition to the usual free snacks provided we will have a food vendor at the match on both days to satisfy your food needs (no host food vending, in other words, this in not free, but at your expense). It has been somewhat decided that this will be a top quality mexican food truck service.

Thanks again to all the competitors who have consistently made the BARC the match it is :-)

Looking forward to 2013 and seeing you all out there once again!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 PM

Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings will be kick'n down some of there custom para-cord rifle slings again for the 2013 BARC.

Thanks Britt, thanks Zak
Check them out.

http://www.sandstormcustomrifleslings.com/

https://www.facebook.com/search/resu...tomrifleslings

USPSA CRO

Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 PM

Brownells and Sinclairs will be back as sponsors for the 2013 BARC.

USPSA CRO

Old 11-28-2012, 2:07 PM

Default Sponsor List - 2013 Bay Area Rifle Championship

Without the generosity of our sponsors we would not be able to bring you a top quality championship level match experience.

Remember to support those who support the sport!

Here is a list of confirmed sponsors for the 2013 Bay Area Rifle Championship.

AP Custom - FaceBook Page
Axial Video - FaceBook Page
Battle Comp Enterprises - FaceBook Page
Bear Creek Supply - FaceBook Page
BrianEnos.com
Brownells - FaceBook Page
CPWSA - FaceBook Page
GlockWorx - FaceBook Page
Grams Engineering
Nordic Components - FaceBook Page
Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings - FaceBook Page
Sinclair International

Last edited by GeoffLinder; 12-25-2012 at 6:54 AM.. Reason: New Sponsor - Battle Comp Enterprises - Dec 25, 2012
Old 11-28-2012, 11:58 PM

Default 2013 BARC Registration Will Open On December 1st

Competitor registration for the 2013 Bay Area Rifle Championship will commence on Saturday, December 1, 2012. The registration form is available at the following link: http://richmondhotshots.com/barc/2013_Reg_Form.pdf

Entries will be accepted in order of postmark until we reach capacity. Entries must be sent in via standard US mail, no special delivery or overnight service please. Entries received prior to December 1st will be put on the waiting list or returned as will entries sent by other than standard first class US mail.

Match capacity has been increased to 130 for 2013. Last year we filled to capacity in 11 days so make sure you get your entry submitted in a timely manner.

When we process your entry we will send you an email confirmation with your competitor number and division/category information. Please let us know ASAP if anything is not as desired.

Once match capacity has been reached (130 competitors) all further entries received will be placed on the wait list in order of postmark. If you are placed on the waiting list we will notify you immediately and let you know what position you are in. If placed on wait list your entry fee check will be held and not cashed until you actually have a guaranteed slot. If you do not wish to remain on the wait list, just let us know and your entry fee check will be returned or shredded (at your choice).

Squadding requests will be honored as thoroughly as possible so make sure to note on your entry form who you wish to be squadded with. Squads will be filled as we process entries and we will publish a squad list once we have reached capacity and registration is closed. At that point there will be limited capability for making squad changes.

More specific information can be found at the BARC website: http://www.3gunrules.com/

Welcome aboard everyone!

Last edited by GeoffLinder; 11-29-2012 at 12:01 AM..
Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Veteran Member

There will only be three long gun matches thus year at the RRGC. (Excluding rim fire matches). So if you have been cleared to shoot, this will be a great match.

Hopefully, Lord willing, the elbows have healed, so I will be shooting it as well.

It's gonna be a great match!!

Like some folks have said, "If you can comlete in our long gun matches, you can comfortably shoot at the Nationals or higher levels".

See y'all there!!!

Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Veteran Member

Shootets,

there will only be three long gun matches this year at the RRGC. (Excluding rim fire matches). So if you have been cleared to shoot at our club, this will be a great match.

If you HAVE NOT been cleared, but want to start participating in multigun/long gun events, then contact me to enroll in an INTRO TO MULTIGUNNING class. Once completed, you will be cleared for any of the latter events at our club, or our sister clubs.

Hopefully, Lord willing, the elbows have healed, so I will be shooting it as well.

It's gonna be a great match!!

Like some folks have said, "If you can compete in our long gun matches, you can comfortably shoot at the Nationals or higher levels".

See y'all there!!!

Last edited by RaymondMillbrae; 12-02-2012 at 4:23 PM..
Old 11-29-2012, 9:15 AM

Geoff,

From the e-mail you sent it looks like the only divisions will be Open, Tactical, Limited and Manual Open but on the reg form it lists Heavy Metal Limited and Heavy Metal Tactical as well. Are the .308 divisions in or not?

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2012, 9:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grywlfbg View Post
Geoff,

From the e-mail you sent it looks like the only divisions will be Open, Tactical, Limited and Manual Open but on the reg form it lists Heavy Metal Limited and Heavy Metal Tactical as well. Are the .308 divisions in or not?

Thanks!
USPSA Heavy Metal divisions are in effect. Entry form is correct, so is info at the BARC website

Kinda' tough to get everything right, everywhere, every time Doh!
Old 12-07-2012, 2:50 PM

We are pleased to announce that Nordic Components has just signed on as a stage sponsor for the 2013 BARC.

Nordic Components - FaceBook Page
Old 12-07-2012, 5:46 PM

Happy to announce that AP Customs will be a Stage Sponsor for the 2013 BARC.

http://www.apcustomusa.com/

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/AP...196693?fref=ts

USPSA CRO

Old 12-07-2012, 6:40 PM

I'm not sure what division I want to shoot (flip flopping between tactical & limited). Can I change the division I shot and if so how long before the match? App is in the mail.
Old 12-07-2012, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMT4ME View Post
I'm not sure what division I want to shoot (flip flopping between tactical & limited). Can I change the division I shot and if so how long before the match? App is in the mail.
Yep, right up to the moment you fire the first shot at the match

No worries, easy to change later.

Last edited by GeoffLinder; 12-10-2012 at 8:26 AM..
Old 12-10-2012, 8:04 AM
Veteran Member

first shat? It that present or past tense? Does it refer to shooting or something else entirely?
Old 12-10-2012, 8:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenv View Post
first shat? It that present or past tense? Does it refer to shooting or something else entirely?
Doh! clumsy typing fingers, fixed