Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 12-06-2012, 7:23 PM

Default Front Sight Training $200 Deal

Can I just take the 4 days of training and quit are there strings attached.
Old 12-06-2012, 8:29 PM

yeah, you should have purchased a lifetime membership for $200 and go back whenever you feel like it
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 PM

I have not buy anything yet. Just was invited to the deal. What's up
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Banned

Whats up is the people offering you the deal make money on selling you memberships. Once I figured out the disgusting pyramid style scheme it shocked me that others think so highly of the program.

Look around on here and you will see some people selling memberships. Apparently you can buy a more expensive "buy in" deal in order to sell memberships on the side and recoup your costs. While I agree its a clever idea it makes me real question the program as a whole and I wouldnt touch it.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Calguns Addict

No, there are no strings attached
the $200.
you pay the background check fee of $50, go to the 4-day course, then do the 1 day CCW the day following the 4-day. day 5 is filling out forms for Nevada, Utah and Florida, the CCW test for each of them, completing Fingerprint cards, and stuff like that, taking care of the requirements for getting a CCW in those states, pretty good. PM me if you have questions on that, or post here, i'll try to answer as best I can, I took the same course about a year ago.

there are many threads on here regarding Front Sight and the training offered
there are many posters on here that repeat exactly what Whitey said, i think in the threads, it is ultimately revealed that the ones that say that, have never been to Front Sight, I have yet to meet a single person that actualy went to Front Sight that had anything at all bad to say about the training.
a large number of people do not like the marketing tactics, which is underatandable
Front Sight does send a number of emails and makes a number of phone calls, all of which you can opt out of with a simple press of a button, or click on a form on your account, or call them and request being removed from their lists.
I get more emails from Amazon than I do from Front Sight.
The Training is top notch. whitey is correct that members sort of 'Buy in', some promotion for which you can buy spare memberships, or buy a specific membership and get a free membership, various 'offers' are made from time to time, which yes, allows members to recoup the cost of their membership, by selling a second or subsequent membership.
Of course if you are interested in any of these deals, you can find a number of members here that will offer you something I'm sure.
Most of the lifetime memberships are no longer available directly from Front Sight
http://www.frontsight.com/handgun-tr...emberships.asp

current members have most of the memberships available to sell to those that are interested, those memberships just cannot be advertised as for sale. we can advertise Certificates, such as mine here, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=566204, as well as plenty others I am sure..

Hopefully that has helped a bit, if you have any other questions, I am happy to answer, PM me if you like, I'm sure you'll get a few other members opinions as well.

there is a couple current threads
'Members Check in Here'
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=518454

and another one about Ambassador memberships somewhere

thats it for now, I'm sure other members will chime in
PM about Front Sight Lifetime Memberships or Training Certificates
Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 PM

Tons of people have certificates that will allow you to take any 4 day class. Don't pay more than $100. Less people, but still a lot, have different types of "lifetime" memberships that vary slightly in what they offer. Most of the lifetime offers allow you to attend the majority or all classes offered. Those sell for as little as $99 for a "Diamond" membership to whatever people think they can con people into paying on various forums.

I haven't been in awhile and some things have changed but they usually try to up-sell you to some membership during one of the lunches. I imagine that is still the case. They're also heavy on email and print advertising. I've also heard that they do a lot of robo calls although I've never gotten one. I'm guessing because I put my cellphone down for my contact number. Other than that there are no strings attached.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:33 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

There are NO strings attached. I bought a Lifetime Diamond membership last year and I've been there 5 times this year. No hard sell, no Scientology mumbo jumbo, no MLM, just good training that makes you want to keep going back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

I should add that you will get emails and phone calls to purchase memberships, but you can easily opt out.

Old 12-07-2012, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegunnr View Post
There are NO strings attached. I bought a Lifetime Diamond membership last year and I've been there 5 times this year. No hard sell, no Scientology mumbo jumbo, no MLM, just good training that makes you want to keep going back.

^^^ This.

Buy a "lifetime membership" of some type with your $200 and go as many times as you like. You'll get much more than $200 worth of value from your first visit. Yes, there are people who badmouth FS (as I was inclined to do before going for the first time) but the training is good and the badmouthers have likely never been.

The instructors are professional and experienced for the most part - no goofy Tactical Timmy dogma and no drill instructor attitudes. The training (4-day defensive handgun) is somewhat basic if you are a relatively experienced shooter but still delivers. If you are new to shooting you will be much more competent after attending.

With the "lifetime membership" you basically just pay for ammo and go as many times as you want...

Last edited by steelciocc; 12-07-2012 at 9:56 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 9:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKJay View Post
Tons of people have certificates that will allow you to take any 4 day class. Don't pay more than $100. Less people, but still a lot, have different types of "lifetime" memberships that vary slightly in what they offer. Most of the lifetime offers allow you to attend the majority or all classes offered. Those sell for as little as $99 for a "Diamond" membership to whatever people think they can con people into paying on various forums.

I haven't been in awhile and some things have changed but they usually try to up-sell you to some membership during one of the lunches. I imagine that is still the case. They're also heavy on email and print advertising. I've also heard that they do a lot of robo calls although I've never gotten one. I'm guessing because I put my cellphone down for my contact number. Other than that there are no strings attached.
I have a 4-day certificate that I can give to OP for 100 bucks as I don't see myself going to FS in the near future.
Old 12-07-2012, 2:35 PM

If someone now can buy for a couple of hundred bucks, a lifetime membership that allows them to go to a lot of the classes, that's great. The part I have a hard time believing is that the people who in years past paid thousands if not 10 or 20 thousand for their lifetime memberships, aren't upset that they are now sold so cheaply and they are just happy to see other people get a good deal. I wouldn't be happy if I was one of the older members. Mark
Old 12-07-2012, 3:42 PM

I have more course certificates and memberships to sell or trade then most other shooting schools have students.Do it, you'll be glad that you did, Whitey's loss is your gain.
Old 12-07-2012, 4:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenworthxd View Post
I have more course certificates and memberships to sell or trade then most other shooting schools have students.Do it, you'll be glad that you did, Whitey's loss is your gain.
++yep
PM about Front Sight Lifetime Memberships or Training Certificates
Old 12-07-2012, 5:24 PM

Thanks for all the info. Greatly appreciated.
Old 12-12-2012, 4:04 PM

4 day for $200, why is it so cheap? Most 1 day classes here in the bay will run you $100-$150.
Old 12-12-2012, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKJay View Post
Most of the lifetime offers allow you to attend the majority or all classes offered.
This is only true when you are talking about the COST of attending.

It is not true when you are including discussion about course prerequisites. Unless you take handgun basic at least a few times, you will not likely fulfill the "DG" prereq for the more advanced classes.
Old 12-12-2012, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG29736 View Post
If someone now can buy for a couple of hundred bucks, a lifetime membership that allows them to go to a lot of the classes, that's great. The part I have a hard time believing is that the people who in years past paid thousands if not 10 or 20 thousand for their lifetime memberships, aren't upset that they are now sold so cheaply and they are just happy to see other people get a good deal. I wouldn't be happy if I was one of the older members. Mark
this is why it is a pyramid...and not so appealing.

However, I loved the basic handgun course, and don't begrudge any of the money (I think it was $250) I paid for my diamond membership. I won't ever buy anything substantial from them again, but then again, I'm not the person they are currently marketing to...
Old 12-12-2012, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey4311 View Post
Whats up is the people offering you the deal make money on selling you memberships. Once I figured out the disgusting pyramid style scheme it shocked me that others think so highly of the program.

Look around on here and you will see some people selling memberships. Apparently you can buy a more expensive "buy in" deal in order to sell memberships on the side and recoup your costs. While I agree its a clever idea it makes me real question the program as a whole and I wouldnt touch it.
What's the issue? You buy a membership at a fixed price, and get to take any class that you want (that you're qualified for), as many times as you want, at any FS location, present and future (at least, for the memership I have). I got all of that for $600. A bargain.

On top of that, you can sell or give away any memberships or class certificates that they give you with the membership you purchased.

For the purchaser of class certificates, they get to attend a class for a fraction of the retail cost that FS charges. Once again, a bargain. I really don't see what the issue is of offering somebody a good deal on some great training.

I did FIVE days of training at FS last month that would've cost me $2500, had I paid retail (I did hear several in my class that did precisely that....paid $2500....and were very happy with the training). Needless to say, I feel like I have already gotten my money's worth. Will I ever upgrade my membership? Honestly, I don't see any need to at the moment, and for quite some time to come.

It's really hard for me to understand what the complaints are all about. You don't like the emails? Opt-out. You don't like the calls? Opt-out. But, for someone who is interested in taking classes at FS, getting a membership, or buying class certificates from a member at $100, etc. is a steal.

FWIW, I haven't sold any of my memberships or class certificates. I give them away to family members and friends.

Last edited by HapaMan; 12-12-2012 at 4:51 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 8:41 PM

FS has offers to entice people to go there and give it a try. Why? Because once someone goes there, they tend to like it and want to go back. No strings, no mandatory sales pitches.

Commander of Front Sight Member
Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 AM

You will find whitey trolling in many threads that are related to training.