Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 12-02-2012, 8:54 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default AAR & VIDEO: Phoenix Tactical Solutions - Handgun 2 - 12/1/12

We had 4 students (one cancellation due to rain). All 4 had taken Handgun 1 with us several months ago (as well as Rifle 1 approximately 2 weeks ago). None of them had taken a class prior to PTS. Round count was almost 500 per student.

We have been very lucky to cross paths with such positive, hard working and kind individuals.

Here's the video of portions of the 6 hour class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEQx1...1&feature=plcp

We try to videotape students as much as possible. We believe that it really helps students accentuate the positives and work on certain areas.

"The Mustache Squad & Jesse"

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by PhoenixTacticalSolutions; 12-06-2012 at 3:56 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 6:01 AM
Banned

Nice video!

I can definitely see where my competitive side would cause me to fumble the "after actions" etc. The shooting part is just shooting but I see value in the info you instructed. I think I can show clear and holster in record time,
Old 12-03-2012, 7:05 AM
Disinherited and won't outlive his uncle anyway

This was the third class my fiance and I have taken with Phoenix tactical, and I have to admit we will be taking many more.

The classes are ran very crisply which allows you to spend all of your time running drills. I would like to say that at no time do you feel like you are just throwing ammo down range, because of the class sizes every shot taken in this class is able to be examined to make sure to fundamentals of sight alignment and sight picture, trigger control, stance, and grip are all being practiced. and lets not forget the 'after actions' you have to break the tunnel vision. Toward the beginning of the class when you shots are off its nice to know what the instructors believe you can change to get the results you desire and at the end of the day when you are hitting heart at 10 yards while drawing reverse then dropping to a knee for a headshot all in just and few seconds and the only critique you here is 'good shot' you can see for your self how far you have come.

So I have to thank Sean, Maani, and Phoenix tactical for all the great tips, fun times, and having class sizes that allow you to the spend time with EVERY student to help them do the thing that we all believe in better.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 PM
CGN Contributor

^^^
Ditto

I mean, what else can I say that that brownnoser pplpainter didn't all ready mention...

Thnaks Maani and Sean for a great and informative training session and I look forward to Tactical Carbine 2...
- Notice the Pink Zombie Shoot Shirt on pplpainters girl...LOL

Last edited by Ornery Ol Bastard; 12-03-2012 at 12:43 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 9:08 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Thanks for the kind words gents!
Old 12-04-2012, 4:57 PM
Vendor/Retailer

More videos from the class:

JESSE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLC4I...3&feature=plcp

DAWAYNE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l12BU...2&feature=plcp

Last edited by PhoenixTacticalSolutions; 12-04-2012 at 5:02 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 4:58 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Two more videos from the class:

SCOTT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3q8F...4&feature=plcp

VALERIE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pizcx...1&feature=plcp

Last edited by PhoenixTacticalSolutions; 12-04-2012 at 5:03 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 AM

This was also my third class with phoenix tactical. I have walked away from every single one knowing i have improved and also knowing what i need to work on. Maani and Sean are great teachers. They constantly remind you of the fundamentals and encourage accuracy over speed. Not just "this makes look like a super operator ninja" moves. When maani says check your world he really wants you to look. Sometimes quizzing us on what he was holding in his hand to make sure we are not just going through the motions. i love hearing "heart", i know im not just shooting for combat accuracy im shooting for the heart every single time. Sean and Maani demand it, they aren't there just to fluff your ego and take your money. Classes are capped at 8 students and that's great because it means they are really able to focus on every student and if need be even take one to the side for one on one training to bring them up to speed. My GF and two coworkers have also taken lessons from them and loved it. I cant wait to take another myself! Thanks Maani and Sean!
Old 12-05-2012, 7:20 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy53 View Post
This was also my third class with phoenix tactical. I have walked away from every single one knowing i have improved and also knowing what i need to work on. Maani and Sean are great teachers. They constantly remind you of the fundamentals and encourage accuracy over speed. Not just "this makes look like a super operator ninja" moves. When maani says check your world he really wants you to look. Sometimes quizzing us on what he was holding in his hand to make sure we are not just going through the motions. i love hearing "heart", i know im not just shooting for combat accuracy im shooting for the heart every single time. Sean and Maani demand it, they aren't there just to fluff your ego and take your money. Classes are capped at 8 students and that's great because it means they are really able to focus on every student and if need be even take one to the side for one on one training to bring them up to speed. My GF and two coworkers have also taken lessons from them and loved it. I cant wait to take another myself! Thanks Maani and Sean!
Thanks Crunchy.

Speed will come with time...it's inevitable. Having a good foundation will get you there faster.

See you soon!