Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 5:55 PM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Staking the Noveske QD Receiver End Plate

I installed my Noveske QD receiver end plate on my Colt 6920 today and am not having luck staking the castle nut. Following the advice in this thread I tried using my automatic punch at first and it barely made a dent at all. So I switched to the punch kit and a hammer which ended up being less effective than the automatic punch.

So does anyone have any experience staking the Noveske QD end plate? Is it just too hard of a metal to manually stake? Should I just back off the castle nut, apply some blue locktite and call it a day?

NRA life member, CRPA member and, SAF life member -- Holsters & High Heels (Facebook - YouTube)

“The man in black fled into the desert and the gunslinger followed.”

“For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?” (Matthew 16:26)