Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 1:46 PM

Well... I found another route for getting my SSE and it will end up being cheaper...
Lets see if I have any success getting a refund.
Old 12-04-2012, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo View Post
Well... I found another route for getting my SSE and it will end up being cheaper...
Lets see if I have any success getting a refund.
Can you enlighten us pls? thanks!
Old 12-04-2012, 2:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

E-mail sent as well but returned an invalid address?
Old 12-04-2012, 2:11 PM

I had that happen to, my email sent to refund.valkyriearms@gmail.com instead of refundS.valkyriearms@gmail.com. Check the address and try again. Will advise if/when I get a reply- my message went out just after 1:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisagoodname View Post
E-mail sent as well but returned an invalid address?

Edited it earlier to the correct address.
P99 1st Gen
CZ P01
Sig p226
Sig P228
Springfield Armory Range Officer 9mm
Old 12-04-2012, 2:40 PM

Just got a call from a guy named Paul, he said he is the auditor and that I can pick up my firearm on 12/6 after 3 pm. The shop will still be closed. I have to knock and he will open for me. He said there is some restructuring going on, but after they are done the shop will be open for business as usual.
Old 12-04-2012, 2:41 PM

Default i know whats going on...valkyrie arms audit or not?

im currently talking with a friend who is a atf employee, he is calling his partner, i will post a detailed summary of whats currently going on with va..please be patient
Old 12-04-2012, 2:42 PM

I'm here now, nobody at all

Hope 'business as usual' means I can still get my HK45CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully007 View Post
Just got a call from a guy named Paul, he said he is the auditor and that I can pick up my firearm on 12/6 after 3 pm. The shop will still be closed. I have to knock and he will open for me. He said there is some restructuring going on, but after they are done the shop will be open for business as usual.

Last edited by GTXR390; 12-04-2012 at 2:46 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 2:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Restructuring - Maybe ownership is changing around and they are putting someone new on the FFL license? Anyway, I will hope for the best and that their store pulls through. From the replies on this thread, sounds like they got plenty of Calguns business. Let's not stuff them under the bus just yet.

It would be nice however if a store representative could fill us in on the details. Surely they must know what is happening here by now.

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"
Old 12-04-2012, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
Metal dog tactical can do SSE's(and they aren't that far away either), I don't think they have quite the variety that VA was able to do yet, but I'm sure if customers show up asking for more than a few models they'll start getting more parts to do 'em(it'd be silly if they didn't).
Metal Dog Tactical is great. Got my Glock 17 from them a couple of months ago. A good, friendly shop.
Old 12-04-2012, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losgatoscc View Post
im currently talking with a friend who is a atf employee, he is calling his partner, i will post a detailed summary of whats currently going on with va..please be patient
First post and this is what you post? Why would your friend need to talk with his partner if he works for ATF?
Old 12-04-2012, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXR390 View Post

Did you knock? He said he was working in the back office and to knock loud when I came.
Old 12-04-2012, 3:16 PM
NOT BANNED..yet
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Sounds like someone lost their FFL... That would explain everything, the store closure, the audit, the "pick up only", the not being able to get new guns, it all fits into what happens when an FFL is taken away. Not VA won't close for good UNLESS someone over there can't get an FFL to make up for the one that they lost
/thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
Biden is only there so nobody assassinates Obama. He's like a bullet proof vest that drinks too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
It's right next to the part that says gays can get married and sluts get free birth control.
ΦΑ
Old 12-04-2012, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred1222 View Post
Sounds like someone lost their FFL... That would explain everything, the store closure, the audit, the "pick up only", the not being able to get new guns, it all fits into what happens when an FFL is taken away. Not VA won't close for good UNLESS someone over there can't get an FFL to make up for the one that they lost
Do you think it's because of SSE's?
Old 12-04-2012, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Did you knock? He said he was working in the back office and to knock loud when I came.
Stood out front awhile, knocked on glass window, but no reply. Also, while I was leaving, saw a gentleman, walk up to VA and look inside. He was wearing an orange type safety shirt. I'm guessing he's a customer too...not sure
Old 12-04-2012, 3:25 PM

Default priveleged information

was coincidentally hanging out with a employee of the atf, he called a associate at the doj and asked him for some info and called his partner in the san jose office to ask some more info. this is what we gathered on speakerphone talking to both departments.

the doj has absolutely no record of a actual audit. they have had several complaints filed in the last few days for improper business operations withing the context of dealing firearms. this location is required to keep their doors open during business hours unless the business has no employees to legally function within the constraints of the business model. the doj was very clear on the process of a audit which normally requires the business to be open or a audit which also rates their professionalism as well as checking the books and sn for concurrent record keeping. a audit with a store that does over 200 dros transactions a day and has a inventory of around 250k or more should take no more than 8 hours or less with two state and federal officials present. all of the audit is handled by the store owner personally so the doj and the atf dont have a he did she did situation on their hands for false info. as posted earlier if a violation exists, there is immediate action taken with a write up and must be corrected asap.

the atf told us that they could not divulge info about a investigation. but his slip for where his employees are...he did tell us hes not working with valkyrie at all. atf will only get involved if they are selling guns illegally and or doing things under the table. if doj sees irregularities in the books or dockets, even a single missing comma. the atf automatically does a investigation. i think we can all agree that va does do its share in paperwork and handling of documents very well.

heres some things to think about. last weekend was the fresno gun show. good chance maybe they took off to go sell at the gun shows where the individual business get more money there than they make in their stores. also if the general manager who worked there got fired or left. the entire facility is **** down until the owner can come and re hire a new general manager. this will take a long time due to interviewing and the lengthy background checks involved in ruining a gun store.

the oddness of having a return email is strictly to satisfy the trolls on here speculating what is happening...so follow through and get your refudnds. i saw this, and was hanging with a friend who lucky helped shed some light on this situation. but really the audit or auditor is either having to completely re establish a business model and or re check all internal stocks...this includes their lengthy sales of suppressors and regulated items...which by federal regulatory policies requires - if a store has to do a "internal audit"(not state or federal) it is assumed that someone was let go for fraud and in many cases the gov requires the store to individually track all the sn down for all these items and physically make sure they are the correct possession. this requires alot of manpower which is not available in store. food for thought

please be patient everyone, im still talking to others about these details of the store. i think they are clean so to speak. just lost a large part of their company. the owner either isn't versed in the stores ability to function without his GM so to speak. and i heard the owner was sorta well off gun collector and enthusiast...a business man but not a customer service agent.

they probably arent getting really audited, reason being, the doj currently says there are two known stores with a public audit. and their agents are there now )

maybe im just reading too deep in this now hahahahaha, but valkyrie always took care of me, and i never had one problem with them at all, or a delay or anything. if you guys think your soo smart about your custom orders...am i the only smart one that has it paid and finished and sent to my dealer(valkyrie) so in the end im only doing a transfer> maybe im just the only one. unless you've considered what could be normally done, don't diss VA just because u put a order in and their cali suppliers are dried up. remember YOU put the order in. deal with it or call your credit card company.

the atf also told me how it works if valkyrie shuts down.

atf on will confiscate guns if they find the dealer is working illegally and or not responsive to corrective actions

atf will only confiscate and almost rarely support the transaction to another facility

atf if confiscated will destroy or render all serialized parts useless and allow you to pickup your property or usually not return it

atf suggests if VA voluntarily is going out of business they are obligated by law to open the doors and release all properties before closing down...along with facilitating at your expense the transfer of a item either pre or current dros, all releases however will be deemed okay if dross cleared, va shall release all properties.

atf states if VA is closed and does not comply with these terms, they are obligated to ship back your item to sender for further re direction...or to reimburse you the moneys

atf also said if this does not happen you have to file a civil suit, no class action suits for damages are allowed for pre/current/post ffl holders due to limited liability details

the atf does not do any audits they only investigate

the doj does audits and unless a active investigation is present, they will tell you. they will not hide it as i spoke with someone earlier about this. if a investigation is under way, doj will have no comment and refer you to atf who has jurisdiction over these events

once again this all came of the the mouths of doj and atf today

any questions call
doj 9162277527
atf 4088825250

one last thing

asta lavista baby
Old 12-04-2012, 3:28 PM

Quote:
First post and this is what you post? Why would your friend need to talk with his partner if he works for ATF?
my friend works in the tech side...he called a guy he knows whos a investigator for the atf, he told us some info, and fwd us to a internal information line and along with a contact for the doj for public information. also my friend is not a regulatory type of person, he does technical stuff and research for the doj along with some other stuff.
Old 12-04-2012, 3:48 PM

I don't have a dog in the fight as I've never done business with them and don't have an order in or anything. I fully sympathize with those who have an order with VA and are concerned about the transaction and any funds that may be in the ether.

That said, I'd offer the following: News travels fast, bad news travels faster and bad news on the internet travels at nearly the speed of light. Just sayin......

For those, like me, who may have been considering but have not yet availed themselves of VA services who are looking for a possible alternative while VA sorts things out.....Are there any other shops within a reasonable distance who do offer SSE on Springfield offerings?

Last edited by Damn True; 12-04-2012 at 3:51 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaceWindu View Post
Ok gents, here is the scoop:

Let me explain what happened. I ordered a STI Eagle 5.0 in 9mm on 11/26/2012 from Oak Hill Enterprises...had it shipped to Valkyrie (I was unaware of their *reputation*).

*Oak Hill was VERY professional. Shipped out on 11/27/2012.

*Package was signed for by: Sabbin Javed on 11/29/2012
Note: No phone call was placed to me from VA that my package had arrived - ZERO communication.

*I head down there on 11/30/2012 to DROS my pistol, store is closed with the sign in the window: "Inventory/ DOJ Audit store is closed until further notice", with NO re-open date. Unacceptable. Period.

I sent an email stating the issues, I get an immediate response. They want my contact number to call me. I reply with the number. Waited a few hours, nada...zippo.

*12/01, I head down to the store to have my gun transferred to a different dealer, if VA has DOJ issues, NOT my problem. The manager (Connor) was very helpful after I "impressed upon him" (he saw that I was about business ) the issues I had and the amount of money I spent to arrange having this pistol sent here. He packaged up my gun WHILE I STOOD there and watched. I received a USPS tracking number and a copy of my receipt (paid $15 to have it shipped to another dealer, worth every nickel).

*12/03, tracked the package. It showed this on the USPS website:

*12/04, Same message. Huh?

Left work and went to VA. DOJ Agent P, performing the inspection saw me through the window: Suit, tie, expensive dress shoes, came out and I explained what happened.

This gent was 100% professional and to the point. He looked for my package and I was amazed at some of the OL HG's I saw that these clowns at VA had, yet had NOT CALLED anyone on or processed. The agent was superb in his methos of looking into this matter: Cross referencing, errors, tracking, etc...he was VERY pro-gun and super helpful.

I will be writing his superior about his outstanding service. My situation is being resolved and I am happy to get my item out of that place. Never again will I step foot in there.

Mace
i have three lowers there.....trapped...i cant even do my dros....how did you get in touch with them to have it transferred to a different dealer...i trust VA...as much as i can, but i too do not want to deal with a doj audit, just get the paperwork over so i can get my items

Quote:
was coincidentally hanging out with a employee of the atf, he called a associate at the doj and asked him for some info and called his partner in the san jose office to ask some more info. this is what we gathered on speakerphone talking to both departments.

the doj has absolutely no record of a actual audit. they have had several complaints filed in the last few days for improper business operations withing the context of dealing firearms. this location is required to keep their doors open during business hours unless the business has no employees to legally function within the constraints of the business model. the doj was very clear on the process of a audit which normally requires the business to be open or a audit which also rates their professionalism as well as checking the books and sn for concurrent record keeping. a audit with a store that does over 200 dros transactions a day and has a inventory of around 250k or more should take no more than 8 hours or less with two state and federal officials present. all of the audit is handled by the store owner personally so the doj and the atf dont have a he did she did situation on their hands for false info. as posted earlier if a violation exists, there is immediate action taken with a write up and must be corrected asap.

the atf told us that they could not divulge info about a investigation. but his slip for where his employees are...he did tell us hes not working with valkyrie at all. atf will only get involved if they are selling guns illegally and or doing things under the table. if doj sees irregularities in the books or dockets, even a single missing comma. the atf automatically does a investigation. i think we can all agree that va does do its share in paperwork and handling of documents very well.

heres some things to think about. last weekend was the fresno gun show. good chance maybe they took off to go sell at the gun shows where the individual business get more money there than they make in their stores. also if the general manager who worked there got fired or left. the entire facility is **** down until the owner can come and re hire a new general manager. this will take a long time due to interviewing and the lengthy background checks involved in ruining a gun store.

the oddness of having a return email is strictly to satisfy the trolls on here speculating what is happening...so follow through and get your refudnds. i saw this, and was hanging with a friend who lucky helped shed some light on this situation. but really the audit or auditor is either having to completely re establish a business model and or re check all internal stocks...this includes their lengthy sales of suppressors and regulated items...which by federal regulatory policies requires - if a store has to do a "internal audit"(not state or federal) it is assumed that someone was let go for fraud and in many cases the gov requires the store to individually track all the sn down for all these items and physically make sure they are the correct possession. this requires alot of manpower which is not available in store. food for thought

please be patient everyone, im still talking to others about these details of the store. i think they are clean so to speak. just lost a large part of their company. the owner either isn't versed in the stores ability to function without his GM so to speak. and i heard the owner was sorta well off gun collector and enthusiast...a business man but not a customer service agent.

they probably arent getting really audited, reason being, the doj currently says there are two known stores with a public audit. and their agents are there now )

maybe im just reading too deep in this now hahahahaha, but valkyrie always took care of me, and i never had one problem with them at all, or a delay or anything. if you guys think your soo smart about your custom orders...am i the only smart one that has it paid and finished and sent to my dealer(valkyrie) so in the end im only doing a transfer> maybe im just the only one. unless you've considered what could be normally done, don't diss VA just because u put a order in and their cali suppliers are dried up. remember YOU put the order in. deal with it or call your credit card company.

the atf also told me how it works if valkyrie shuts down.

atf on will confiscate guns if they find the dealer is working illegally and or not responsive to corrective actions

atf will only confiscate and almost rarely support the transaction to another facility

atf if confiscated will destroy or render all serialized parts useless and allow you to pickup your property or usually not return it

atf suggests if VA voluntarily is going out of business they are obligated by law to open the doors and release all properties before closing down...along with facilitating at your expense the transfer of a item either pre or current dros, all releases however will be deemed okay if dross cleared, va shall release all properties.

atf states if VA is closed and does not comply with these terms, they are obligated to ship back your item to sender for further re direction...or to reimburse you the moneys

atf also said if this does not happen you have to file a civil suit, no class action suits for damages are allowed for pre/current/post ffl holders due to limited liability details

the doj does audits and unless a active investigation is present, they will tell you. they will not hide it as i spoke with someone earlier about this. if a investigation is under way, doj will have no comment and refer you to atf who has jurisdiction over these events

once again this all came of the the mouths of doj and atf today

any questions call
doj 9162277527
atf 4088825250

one last thing

asta lavista baby
Quoted for posterity.

I'm curious as to why you needed to create a new account just to post this info.
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 12-04-2012, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXR390 View Post

Your post was at 2:42 pm. I got the call from the store phone at 2:33 pm. He also said he would be there for awhile. Not sure why he would not answer the door, if he heard you knock. Again I would email him ( address is in the post above ) , leave your number and wait until he calls, set up a time and date to meet there. Hope this works for you.
Old 12-04-2012, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
I don't have a dog in the fight as I've never done business with them and don't have an order in or anything. I fully sympathize with those who have an order with VA and are concerned about the transaction and any funds that may be in the ether.

That said, I am generally loathe to participate in speculation about the health of a business or any problems they might be having. News travels fast, bad news travels faster and bad news on the internet travels at nearly the speed of light. Hence, I don't think it's right to engage in this type of discussion & FUD splashing where so little is known about what might or might not be the problem. The reason is that the posts in this thread will come up in internet searches regarding VA so if whatever the issue is turns out to be benign then some future inquiry may land someone on these comments and cast a bad light where it might not be deserved. Just sayin......

For those, like me, who may have been considering but have not yet availed themselves of VA services who are looking for a possible alternative while VA sorts things out.....Are there any other shops within a reasonable distance who do offer SSE on Springfield offerings?
Speculation? NO. I was there I saw the items with MY OWN EYES. This agent was very cool and could care LESS about the SSE. It's 100% LEGAL.

That's NOT the issue, its shady business dealings and paperwork issues.
Old 12-04-2012, 3:52 PM

Quote:
i have three lowers there.....trapped...i cant even do my dros....how did you get in touch with them to have it transferred to a different dealer...i trust VA...as much as i can, but i too do not want to deal with a doj audit, just get the paperwork over so i can get my items
Walked in last Sat. They were open for pickup only. I have a right to DO business anywhere I please like they have a right to refuse service.

Ship it out. Done.

MW
Old 12-04-2012, 3:53 PM

So this guy is there now then yes? I'm heading there if that's the case - hour drive, but wanna get my hardware outta there.
Old 12-04-2012, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Speculation? NO. I was there I saw the items with MY OWN EYES. This agent was very cool and could care LESS about the SSE. It's 100% LEGAL.

You very clearly do have 1st hand information. Many commenting in this thread do not. That was the point I was trying to make.

I've edited my original post for clarity.
Old 12-04-2012, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Einstein View Post
Quoted for posterity.

I'm curious as to why you needed to create a new account just to post this info.
ive always used these forums for good info, however i was not a member of any, and with my collection and time spent gunsmithing for everyone i know i thought id step it up and finally get on some useful forums with my hobby
Old 12-04-2012, 4:09 PM
NOT BANNED..yet
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Do you think it's because of SSE's?
If its a DOJ audit, maybe. It's it's an ATF audit, no, they dont care about SSE

Quote:
Did you not read the thread at all? First off, the ATF agents can and WILL lie to you, straight up, to your face. ATF audits are a surprise, they will just show up one morning and announce that an audit is happening. It happens once every 2-3 years or so, but it does happen. DOJ audits take less time, but they also happen more frequently, once every few months or so.

Quote:
Let's stick to what we know, not speculation right??? And even if we assume that this is true, why wouldn't the owner get back into the business and run it himself while doing interviews, rather then lose profit by leaving his doors closed??

Quote:
But California suppliers haven't been dried up... Every other store in the bay is getting guns, often large amounts!! If a customer is looking for a particular gun, Its basically assured that one of the major suppliers, whether it's RSR, GAS, Accusport, sports south, LAN world, or others will have it in stock. The only guns that are getting really hard to find are AR-15's and AK's. Hell, even if the suppliers are out, a dealer can call his rep from the manufacturer, and place an order DIRECTLY from the manufacturer.

Quote:
So the dealer is allowed to release all of the guns that have been properly DROS'd, but not sell anything new.... Just like they are doing now....

Quote:

Sorry but you're wrong, the ATF most definitely audits every single FFL holder at least once every three years, which is the life of the license before it can be renewed. Also, ATF audits are unannounced, while the DOJ MIGHT give you notice ahead of time. They are not obligated to at all.
/thread.
Quote:
Biden is only there so nobody assassinates Obama. He's like a bullet proof vest that drinks too much.
Quote:
It's right next to the part that says gays can get married and sluts get free birth control.
ΦΑ
Old 12-04-2012, 4:13 PM

Quote:

asta lavista baby
What a bunch of garbage drivel. So you basically know nothing.

Last edited by Steve G; 12-04-2012 at 4:19 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbogert View Post
So this guy is there now then yes? I'm heading there if that's the case - hour drive, but wanna get my hardware outta there.
I would email first and set up a time/ date with Paul before going down there.
Old 12-04-2012, 4:16 PM
NOT BANNED..yet
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Sorry, but call the DOJ and ask if SSE is legal. They will tell you that as soon as you take out the sled and long barrel, you are breaking the law. Now here's the thing; I DON'T CARE what the law says in its text, or what our opinions on Calguns is. Nothing we say here matters when you are being arrested. Sure, Calguns will help get you off, and there will be some good case law coming out of it, but at the end of the day SSE has not been put to the test in courts and does not have any solid legal backing. That means that some poor schmuck is gunna get slapped with this and be held as the test case because the DOJ, AG, and some CHP officer decided that their handgun wasn't legal.

Now, with that said, I'm getting into my flame suit.
/thread.
Quote:
Quote:
ΦΑ
Old 12-04-2012, 4:26 PM

I'm done here. I explained the situation in order to help others. Political debates are not the issue.

Good luck to all.
Old 12-04-2012, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred1222 View Post
If its a DOJ audit, maybe. It's it's an ATF audit, no, they dont care about SSE

Did you not read the thread at all? First off, the ATF agents can and WILL lie to you, straight up, to your face. ATF audits are a surprise, they will just show up one morning and announce that an audit is happening. It happens once every 2-3 years or so, but it does happen. DOJ audits take less time, but they also happen more frequently, once every few months or so.

Let's stick to what we know, not speculation right??? And even if we assume that this is true, why wouldn't the owner get back into the business and run it himself while doing interviews, rather then lose profit by leaving his doors closed??

But California suppliers haven't been dried up... Every other store in the bay is getting guns, often large amounts!! If a customer is looking for a particular gun, Its basically assured that one of the major suppliers, whether it's RSR, GAS, Accusport, sports south, LAN world, or others will have it in stock. The only guns that are getting really hard to find are AR-15's and AK's. Hell, even if the suppliers are out, a dealer can call his rep from the manufacturer, and place an order DIRECTLY from the manufacturer.

So the dealer is allowed to release all of the guns that have been properly DROS'd, but not sell anything new.... Just like they are doing now....

Sorry but you're wrong, the ATF most definitely audits every single FFL holder at least once every three years, which is the life of the license before it can be renewed. Also, ATF audits are unannounced, while the DOJ MIGHT give you notice ahead of time. They are not obligated to at all.

the doj does the audit. the atf does not do the audit...they are only there for investigations and action. please follow up on how things work before getting personal. the doj will tell them when i audit is happening, if the atf does a audit so to speak, its because the doj found a irregularity or the atf has knowledge of illegal activities within, then yes they do show up randomly

please keep the commenting professional, no need to get personal here, its just a gun forum.

ive only heard about the owner, and he isnt a customer service kind of guy from what ive heard. he opened the business to expand his collection and to gain licensees to posses and own atf and class 3 items.

as for the comment on the dealers drying up...yes you are right, there are guns everywhere, but most people go to va not to buy just guns, but hard to find guns, VA prides themselves on sticking with the lowest bid dealers to make the most money then can, naturally, other stores will just get you the gun. there is a disconnect with customer service at VA yes thats true, ive never once had a issue and i can only agree with the others who have had a issues...sorry to hear

as for the function of the store

a gun store is a business license that is regulated by state and insurance companies.

a gun store applies for the license by a me-diary share holder(owner of whatever)

gains the license on the address where the shop is present. then they can run the business as they deem. they then have to follow all the firearm transfer and sale laws that come with a ffl. each any every employee in a gun store must posses a sparkling clean record, not even a dui, it must be cleared to work there usually. helping hands or assemblers can sometimes squeeze by these rules, but generally the store owner has to manage his liability expenses. these come with hefty background checks, and then the authorization to work there is deemed fit. if a GM leaves and there is no one registered as a employable entity under the registered ffl and business license then the owner cannot just open his doors and pass out guns and or take down dros info. each employee who does these transactions must be deemed fit by the state. even if the owner has a ffl, it doesn't mean he can do a transfer. period.

go to rogers relics. youll see roger or his wife will only do long gun and c&r and basic transfers and then the other can do handgun transfers only, i dont remember which way it was, but its true, you have to be deemed fit to do he transfer by the doj, some employees can only do long gun, and only one or two can go pistol in some cases and with some gun stores. im pretty sure this is how it works
Old 12-04-2012, 4:39 PM
Hubba Hubba
CGN Contributor

Quote:
ive always used these forums for good info, however i was not a member of any, and with my collection and time spent gunsmithing for everyone i know i thought id step it up and finally get on some useful forums with my hobby

And you just happened to land here. Amazing! What are the odds of that?
Something is not right.
Old 12-04-2012, 4:40 PM

Quote:
I'm done here. I explained the situation in order to help others. Political debates are not the issue.

Good luck to all.
I appreciate your input- thx. I'll pass on my experience when appropriate. Trying to get down there but work is getting in the way! LOL
Old 12-04-2012, 4:41 PM
Veteran Member

So some people have gotten emails back?

They have not responded to mine yet...
"It wasn't a failure of laws," said Amanda Wilcox, who along with her husband, Nick, lobbies for the California chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "I just don't see how our gun laws could have stopped something like that."
-Speaking about the Oikos mass shooting in Oakland.

Quote:
With an assault weapon you just hold the trigger back and it goes blup,blup,blup
-Michael Bloomberg confused about the difference between a machine gun and a rifle, ABC News Nightline 12/21/12
Old 12-04-2012, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhlan1 View Post
And you just happened to land here. Amazing! What are the odds of that?
Something is not right.
please excuse yourself on your condescending talk.

i was obviously searching in google "valkyrie arms audit" and landed here
so i decided to do some research with my buddy and make some calls and post as much as i could find out.

please use your brain and be nice
Old 12-04-2012, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusedusername View Post

Same boat. Called, emailed, even went there...no reply yet.
Old 12-04-2012, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusedusername View Post

I did not get a email back, Paul called me. I put my cell number in the email.

This was my email:

To whom it may concern,

I was in your shop to DROS a Winchester 94 44 mag on 11/26/2012. The ten day wait period is over on 12/6/2012. Your shop has been closed for some time now and no one returns phone messages left at the shop phone number. How do I get my rifle?

Regards
My name
(408) xxx-xxxx

PS: if you knew that was going to happen why did you let me DROS a firearm in your shop?

Last edited by sully007; 12-04-2012 at 4:51 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 4:54 PM

Quote:
I did not get a email back, Paul called me. I put my cell number in the email.

This was my email:

To whom it may concern,

I was in your shop to DROS a Winchester 94 44 mag on 11/26/2012. The ten day wait period is over on 12/6/2012. Your shop has been closed for some time now and no one returns phone messages left at the shop phone number. How do I get my rifle?

Regards
My name
(408) xxx-xxxx

PS: if you knew that was going to happen why did you let me DROS a firearm in your shop?
What time did you email him. I've yet to hear back from them.
Old 12-04-2012, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6veedub View Post
What time did you email him. I've yet to hear back from them.
The email was sent 12/4/2012 @ 1:38 pm.
Closed Thread