Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 11-14-2012, 8:23 AM

Won't be until Dec. and yes I shoot Norco on occassion with the Oh Shoot group. Drop me a PM and we'll coordinate our schedules....I may just come up to meet you in person.
I like the Run and Gun Norco shoots, especially the steel matches. And I like meeting Calgunners!
You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.
Old 11-14-2012, 4:02 PM

Oh heck I just tought of another advantage to in person instruction...you can ask an instructor questions...

You've reach a plateau, no matter how hard to try you just can't seem to improve, that's one thing an instructor can do for you. Watch and make suggestions or answer your question(s).

Can you improve by videoing your practice and self evaluate, yes. Self evaluation can be a great help, but if you don't know what you don't know, well, you can't help yourself.
This is why people seek out the top tier instructors for training...for their keen eye and ability to communicate their thoughts, techniques and ideas to another shooter.

Are there Hacks in the industry? Of course there are. Anyone can take an NRA Pistol Instructor course and hang out a shingle. That's why AARs like this thread are invaluable.
You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.
Old 12-03-2012, 9:27 PM

Great AAR, Ram.

This was a great class, taught by a legend. And tons of fun to boot.

I did not notice any appreciable drop in individual attention because the class had 20 students, Vs 16 students.

Already signed up for next October.