Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2012, 6:45 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor
Default Thank you J&G - My new Walther P38/P1

Along with the CZ82, I also bought another one of the pistols I have wanted since I was a kid and always saw in the movies. My first Walther. Granted, I didn't spend the $759.00 for a Nazi marked one with the steel frame and matching numbers. After reading a lot of articles, I think that many of these are fakes, I would only buy one if it had some paper or provenance. I was looking for a fun shooter.

I did buy this number matching P38 though. Once again, the nice folks at J&G let me look at four or five of these to choose the one I wanted. Barrel is nice and shiny, the pistol was well lubed and just a little holster wear. I am really looking forward to shooting this one. I know not to use any hot loads in it and I will probably just shoot it on special occasions. I think this is a very impressive gun for $349.00. Bought a spare magazine, can't wait to take this one to the range next week.

What do you think?