Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2012, 8:24 PM

Default PA possibly moving to CA, SF Bay Area.

Hey everyone. My name is Lars, I currently live in North Eastern, PA and might very well be moving to CA in Jan. 2013 for work. I own a Bushmaster Carbon 15 rifle. We have pretty lax firearm laws in PA. I have been researching the CA laws regarding ar-15 rifles. I searched this site and a few others and I even read the flow chart. Everything seems to point me in the direction that my stock carbon 15 rifle is 'illegal' in CA, WTF?!?

From what I have deciphered, correct me if I am misunderstanding this. In order for my legal in PA Bushmaster Carbon 15 rifle to be 'legal' to possess in my residence in CA, I would only need to install a bullet button to replace the stock magazine release? Installing this changes the status of the rifle as an illegal unregistered assault weapon.

A friend of mine is a gun dealer in FL and he was telling me that I had to also lose the pistol grip.

I can deal with only having 10 round magazines or using a 10/30 magazine if I wanted it to 'look like' it has a 30 round mag attached.

I was also going to purchase a Taurus Judge .45 lc/.410 handgun until I found out because of the rotating cylinder and the capacity to fire the shotgun shell with a 2" barrel, this would be classified as an AW and a sawed off shot gun.

The more I learn about CA, especially the gun laws, the less I want to relocate there. Any help would be appreciated.