Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 11-04-2012, 8:28 PM

Default 2012 NCPS Thanksgiving Armageddon Rifle/Pistol 2-Gun

The 2012 NCPS Thanksgiving Armageddon Rifle/Pistol 2-Gun match, scheduled for Saturday, November 24th at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, has a theme or scenario like action matches had 20 years ago. The kimchi has hit the fan and your shotgun is home with the family. You are on the street with your favorite rifle and pistol. Your rifle is your primary firearm and your pistol is backup. Four of the five stages will be on the action range, the fifth stage will be on the silhouette range with shots out to 300 yards.

Round Count: 152 Rifle / 36 pistol - TIME PLUS SCORING - No steel core rifle ammo
Stage 1: 32 Rifle, 6 Pistol
Stage 2: 34 Rifle, 14 Pistol
Stage 3: 30 Rifle, 8 Pistol
Stage 4: 32 Rifle, 8 Pistol
Stage 5: 24 Rifle

The match is full. No more slots are available.

You can make it a two day affair if you wish to also shoot the regular monthly NCPS USPSA pistol match on Sunday, November 25th. Although we do not have a match hotel, the Best Western Galt Inn, 620 North Lincoln Way, Galt, CA 95632, Phone: (209) 745-9500 is reasonably priced and as near to the range as you are likely to find.

There will be a Junior Shooters Fund Raiser both Saturday at the TARP 2-Gun and Sunday at our regular monthly match. We will be serving up Chili beans with diced onions, shredded cheddar cheese, chips and mini cornbread muffins. If you like it spicey, hot sauce will be available. We will also have coffee and pastries available in the morning and fruit available all day. We hope you will join us and help support our Junior Shooter Program.

Last edited by DublTap; 11-25-2012 at 9:58 PM..
Old 11-25-2012, 7:18 AM

Great match, great weather, got done on time.
Long range was a challenge!
Thanks to the set up crew, excellent stages.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:28 PM

We got lots of positive feed back. The final talley is not in, but the Junior Shooters Fund gained over $300. Thank you for your support. I got my fill of chili for awhile.

The long range stage was too much for me, too. I had all my hits from the first three shooting positions but I hit the 180 second time limit before I fired a shot from the fourth postion. That gave me 6 targets "not engaged" times a 15 second penalty each for 90 penalty seconds added to my 180 seconds. It was still my best stage. Since less than 10% of the shooters were able to finish in under 180 seconds, it probably should have been three positions instead of four.

Steve has agreed to be the Match Director for the 2013 Memorial Day Multi-Gun (MDMG) match and planning is already underway. He is not going to design all the stages like he usually does, but instead, coordinate the efforts of the stage designers. There are already several volunteer stage designers that have agreed to work with Steve. Another great match is in the works. It will be six stages, two of them long range.

Last edited by DublTap; 11-25-2012 at 10:38 PM..
Old 11-26-2012, 1:49 PM

I wasn't in town for this one, but the stages looked good on paper. I took a look at the stages and wow, that long range stage was tough with that time limit. Almost like the Pro-Am steel matches with a par time where you're not supposed to be able to reach the end lol.

The Memorial Day match sounds like it should be another winner, I'll hopefully be able to go to that one

Checkout my USPSA Pistol and Multigun Match vids at: MustangGreg66 - MTG Firearms
Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun - TacScope - 2013
California Action Shotgun Championship (CASC) - 2012
Bay Area Rifle Championship (BARC) - Tactical Division - 2012Teaser - 2012Teaser
USPSA Multigun Nationals - Tactical Division - 2013 - 2012Teaser
Old 11-26-2012, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGreg66 View Post
I wasn't in town for this one, but the stages looked good on paper. I took a look at the stages and wow, that long range stage was tough with that time limit. Almost like the Pro-Am steel matches with a par time where you're not supposed to be able to reach the end lol.

The Memorial Day match sounds like it should be another winner, I'll hopefully be able to go to that one
You missed a good one, Gregg. Good stages, good weather and it ran like clockwork. 5 stages done by 3:30PM.

You would have burned downed the stage in the attached youtube - my 63 year old knees really burned after running in wet beach sand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT8x79hFqnk&feature=plcp
Old 11-27-2012, 10:51 PM

About that "beach sand". It was tested on Bay 6 for over a year and Larry said I was the only one that did not like it. I thought that decomposed granite (DG) was the correct all-weather surfacing material. The "beach sand" is "roofing mineral" that did not meet specifications and is now scrap. It is almost free, so the cost to haul it is its main cost. Without the "beach sand", the match would probably have been cancelled due to unsafe conditions. If you want to know what this stuff will look like in 18 months, take a look at bay 6.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleKnight View Post
You missed a good one, Gregg. Good stages, good weather and it ran like clockwork. 5 stages done by 3:30PM.

You would have burned downed the stage in the attached youtube - my 63 year old knees really burned after running in wet beach sand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT8x79hFqnk&feature=plcp
Nice that does look like fun Didn't look like there was a lot of room to abandon that rifle right there though.

Checkout my USPSA Pistol and Multigun Match vids at: MustangGreg66 - MTG Firearms
Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun - TacScope - 2013
California Action Shotgun Championship (CASC) - 2012
Bay Area Rifle Championship (BARC) - Tactical Division - 2012Teaser - 2012Teaser
USPSA Multigun Nationals - Tactical Division - 2013 - 2012Teaser
Old 12-02-2012, 6:18 PM

Fun match and stayed for the pistol match Sunday. Not so sure about the sand in the bays..I'm still cleaning sand out of my mags