Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default Caved - Starting My 1st AR Build [Done!]

With all this crazy post-election madness going on I was going to wait to build/buy an AR-15. But I just couldn't wait any longer and decide to order some parts online since I can't make it to the LGS to DROS a stripped lower today, and they are closed Monday.

So far I have ordered:
  • PSA M4 Premium MBUS Optic 16" Upper
  • PSA Forged Mil-Spec Charging Handle
  • PSA MOE Lower Build Kit - FDE
  • Daniel Defense Chrome BCG

I spent a little more than I wanted since I was looking at a S&W MP 15 for around $750 OTD, but I feel like I get to customize my AR the way I want it. I am not too sure about the Vortex StrikeFire that comes with the upper but for that price I could sell the red dot and upgrade to something else (EXPS2-0). I was originally looking at a BCM upper but for the price I think PSA is a better deal. My only concern is not being able to find a stripped lower that I like.

Am I missing anything? I am going to update this tread with pictures and updates as I go along. I am also tempted to ditch the fixed front sight and run a rail with a low profile gas block and a flip-up front sight.

Last edited by Dubels; 12-11-2012 at 8:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-11-2012, 12:41 PM
shooterbill shooterbill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beaumont
Posts: 1,017
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Where are you? Stripped lowers aren't too hard to find in SoCal. I like the Spike's, but buy what you like. The Vortex optic is on my list to try. Maintain your gun and you will like it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

In Sacramento. I was in my local LGS last week intent on buying something that day, but it was so packed and I kept on getting passed over for service. After over an hour of waiting I just left the store. They had good stock of things in the store that day but it was before the election results, haven't been back since.

I am not partial to any stripped lower. I will take a look at Spikes, but I do remember the sales person talking about Stag lowers to another guy building ARs for himself and his wife. Looking to spend around $125-150. Is that reasonable?

Now the wait begins and hopefully I can stop checking out AR stuff and get to my damn work.

Last edited by Dubels; 11-11-2012 at 12:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Colt562's Avatar
Colt562 Colt562 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 5,067
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I spend 120 OTD on my stripped lower. Im starting my build once I get all the parts as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceflinch View Post
Tis Better, to be Overworked & Underpaid,
Than Oversexed & Underlaid...:D
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Yeah I am glad that I am doing a build instead of buying a complete rifle. I was so intent on buying a rifle that day, I had cash in hand and was just wanting to fondle the SCAR that had there just to justify buying it. Saved a lot of money going this route and will probably have more fun.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-11-2012, 1:01 PM
Blind Blind is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 52
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I put a mega arms stripped lower into dros jail a couple days ago at turners, it was $99 + fee's. They also sell the S&W stamped lower for ~$139 if I remember right. The mega looked and felt better to me despite being cheaper.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-11-2012, 1:02 PM
zfields's Avatar
zfields zfields is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 13,161
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Good deal, ordered myself a NFA complete lower for a low cost/low weight AR myself. I think my other guns are going to feel weird with an AR in the mix.
__________________
Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-11-2012, 1:21 PM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Too bad they don't have turners up north.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-11-2012, 1:22 PM
zfields's Avatar
zfields zfields is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 13,161
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubels View Post
Too bad they don't have turners up north.
Where you located at?
__________________
Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-11-2012, 1:26 PM
shooterbill shooterbill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beaumont
Posts: 1,017
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

My gun guy ordered my Spike's from Brownells. $89 plus fees. Your LGS should be able to order from anybody and get the lower you want. Be prepared to buy more AR's. It's a sickness.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-11-2012, 1:38 PM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfields View Post
Where you located at?
Sacramento.

Brownells has the Spikes lower listed as out of stock. I am just hoping that they have a stripped lower that I like in stock so I don't have to wait for the shipping and DROS. I wonder if they can do DROS while I wait for the lower to ship if I really have to order one.

Hopefully I will get all the parts I need before the stocks run dry. Really wishing I made a trip to the gun show this weekend for ammo.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-11-2012, 1:39 PM
zfields's Avatar
zfields zfields is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 13,161
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Try Sac black rifle, or the shop up in tracy, cant remember the name offhand.
__________________
Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-11-2012, 1:47 PM
JNunez23's Avatar
JNunez23 JNunez23 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sherman Oaks
Posts: 2,785
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Great start!

Good luck with the build. If you have questions, check out the stickies at the top of the page.
__________________
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
John Wooden

Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-11-2012, 1:49 PM
Dutch3's Avatar
Dutch3 Dutch3 is offline
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Butte County
Posts: 10,904
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Huntington's in Oroville had Franklin Armory stripped lowers as of 9 days ago. $129+ tax & DROS.
__________________
Whatever the question, Cilantro is the answer.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-11-2012, 1:50 PM
SocomM4's Avatar
SocomM4 SocomM4 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sacramental ,Comifornistan
Posts: 2,201
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

+1 for for SacBlackRifle , great place to get into the Ar mix.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBallgame View Post
maybe I'm wrong, but, if a $50.00 investment can help me a bit, i'll just have to go a day without the hookers and blow to cover it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nclash86 View Post
I would wipe it off for the simple fact of not wanting to get sprayed in the face with it during the first few rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Madone View Post
It does not matter.An AR is the very best and safest weapon to use for home defence.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-11-2012, 2:00 PM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

That is not good SacBlackRifle is a Glock Blue Label dealer. I really hope I don't find my GSSF discount card because its going to be one expensive week. I'll try my luck at River City Gun Exchange again because they are close but if not it might look like I am going to DROS to lowers and a G34...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-11-2012, 3:08 PM
tanakasan tanakasan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubels View Post
Sacramento.

Brownells has the Spikes lower listed as out of stock. I am just hoping that they have a stripped lower that I like in stock so I don't have to wait for the shipping and DROS. I wonder if they can do DROS while I wait for the lower to ship if I really have to order one.

Hopefully I will get all the parts I need before the stocks run dry. Really wishing I made a trip to the gun show this weekend for ammo.
Why not get a PSA lower to match?

Robert
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-11-2012, 3:41 PM
wash's Avatar
wash wash is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sillycon valley
Posts: 9,020
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Blog Entries: 13
Default

I'm partial to the Vltor Gunfighter charging handle and spending money on mil-spec is not something I would do if I can avoid it.

Since you are going for Magpul furniture, maybe you should look for a S&W Magpul lower?

I just saw one in a magazine. Mostly it's just a forged lower with integrated triggerguard and a bit bigger mag well bevel but you could do worse and an all Magpul rifle might be cool.

Have fun.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander
Dear Kevin,

You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-11-2012, 3:44 PM
SocomM4's Avatar
SocomM4 SocomM4 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sacramental ,Comifornistan
Posts: 2,201
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

You can get get the cobranded magpul/S&W stripped lower now? Shweet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBallgame View Post
maybe I'm wrong, but, if a $50.00 investment can help me a bit, i'll just have to go a day without the hookers and blow to cover it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nclash86 View Post
I would wipe it off for the simple fact of not wanting to get sprayed in the face with it during the first few rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Madone View Post
It does not matter.An AR is the very best and safest weapon to use for home defence.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-11-2012, 4:03 PM
wash's Avatar
wash wash is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sillycon valley
Posts: 9,020
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Blog Entries: 13
Default

Well you can get the full rifle so maybe?

S&W would sell tons if they want to.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander
Dear Kevin,

You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-11-2012, 5:29 PM
desertjunkie760's Avatar
desertjunkie760 desertjunkie760 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 276
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I DROS my first JD lower just a few days ago. The wait sucks, but I guess it doesn't matter since I have no parts anyway. Can't wait to start my build. Have tons of ideas I might even start a thread.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-11-2012, 5:43 PM
snowdog650's Avatar
snowdog650 snowdog650 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 738
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubels View Post
In Sacramento. I was in my local LGS last week intent on buying something that day, but it was so packed and I kept on getting passed over for service. After over an hour of waiting I just left the store. They had good stock of things in the store that day but it was before the election results, haven't been back since.

I am not partial to any stripped lower. I will take a look at Spikes, but I do remember the sales person talking about Stag lowers to another guy building ARs for himself and his wife. Looking to spend around $125-150. Is that reasonable?

Now the wait begins and hopefully I can stop checking out AR stuff and get to my damn work.


Go to Discount Shooters Supply in Roseville. They have stripped Aero Precision lowers for around $80.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-11-2012, 5:50 PM
wsmc27's Avatar
wsmc27 wsmc27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,584
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertjunkie760 View Post
I DROS my first JD lower just a few days ago. The wait sucks, but I guess it doesn't matter since I have no parts anyway. Can't wait to start my build. Have tons of ideas I might even start a thread.
Nice. A couple of the AR's we assembled have JD Machine lowers. Like them very much.

---

OP, congrats! btw, we bought a PSA 16" middy upper earlier this year, like it very much. Well made, shoots great, runs everything we've fed it so far.



You guys have enjoy, and be safe.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-11-2012, 10:36 PM
DasBoost's Avatar
DasBoost DasBoost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Work...
Posts: 1,813
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

OP: I'm in the same boat; starting my first AR build. Definitely a lot to take in. Haha.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes88 View Post
I went to drop one duece and I come back to pedo-spiderman, dead cats and ***** ******* tattoos... I love this thread
REDACTED
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Blind Blind is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 52
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

the trouble I'm running into is finding a complete cheap rifle kit in stock to slap onto my lower. Everything from del-ton, dpms, PSA, joebobs, RRA, and midwayusa.com all seems to be out of stock and unable to be backordered even.

Nevermind trying to decide between a 16" and a 20" for my first AR. That's alright though, I bought one of the chinese SKS's from turners when I got the lower so I have something to play with while I wait for stock and good deals to become available on AR parts...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-12-2012, 1:28 AM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

If you don't mind building your "cheap kit" the parts can be found. The problem is a lot of the dealers don't have kits available because there is a shortage of BCGs. But PSA has a lower for $309 and you can grab a complete lower parts kit from them for $105. Just need to source a BCG, I went for the DD one in chrome because it was in-stock and people say the chrome is a good investment. I saw that riflegear still has some Nickle Boron BCGs in. O yeah you might need a charge handle

Edit: you can also check out these guys who are listed in the commercial sales section:https://www.civtactical.com/shop/ind...urercco9ljcgq1 I have no experience with them but they seem to have 90% kits that would finish you lower.

Last edited by Dubels; 11-12-2012 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-12-2012, 3:19 PM
Blind Blind is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 52
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

thanks but yeah that's too rich for my blood, I get $461 shipped for the PSA M4 madness upper, PSA mil-spec charging handle, and PSA classic LBK, then add $199 + shipping for a BCG that I was able to find (DD mil-spec on midwayusa.com). Lot more than the ~$500 out the door for the complete kits that are listed out of stock everywhere...

some of the backorder dates on midwayusa.com are hilarious too, I see some uppers listed as 'backorder OK' "expected in stock date 8/12/2013" - LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-12-2012, 5:30 PM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

This dealer has Stag 90% kits for$614 shipped. http://www.ar15sales.com/store/page2.html

Just ordered a EXPS2 last night from this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-12-2012, 6:40 PM
DasBoost's Avatar
DasBoost DasBoost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Work...
Posts: 1,813
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind View Post
the trouble I'm running into is finding a complete cheap rifle kit in stock to slap onto my lower. Everything from del-ton, dpms, PSA, joebobs, RRA, and midwayusa.com all seems to be out of stock and unable to be backordered even.

Nevermind trying to decide between a 16" and a 20" for my first AR. That's alright though, I bought one of the chinese SKS's from turners when I got the lower so I have something to play with while I wait for stock and good deals to become available on AR parts...
Ahh, I'm building/assembling mine from parts. Currently looking into barrels and handguards right now to complete the upper. Then a lower and misc. bits and then the assembly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes88 View Post
I went to drop one duece and I come back to pedo-spiderman, dead cats and ***** ******* tattoos... I love this thread
REDACTED
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Got my BCG and EXPS2 in today. DROS'd a lower on Tuesday so the real wait is for the lower and for PSA to assemble and ship my upper.


O yeah I also got some mags and 1000 rounds of ammo.

Last edited by Dubels; 11-16-2012 at 3:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-16-2012, 1:02 PM
Munny$hot Munny$hot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,446
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog650 View Post
Go to Discount Shooters Supply in Roseville. They have stripped Aero Precision lowers for around $80.
These guy have excellent prices on a lot of their stuff. Id go Aero Precision for 80.00 since they machine a lot of the lowers for different companies anyway. Save 40-80 dollars and skip on the roll mark.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-27-2012, 4:58 PM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Ended up with a Stag lower from River City Gun Exchange, paid more than I thought I would but I like the service and proximity to me, which are things I am more than willing to pay for.

Still waiting on my order from Palmetto State Armory, which as resulted in Black Friday/Waiting Game Purchases along with ammo. Here is a picture of all the stuff that has arrived already:


Basically waiting on my PSA upper and lower parts build kit to complete the rifle.

I got a Geissele SSA-E trigger during the Black Friday sales but I might not use it depending if I am satisfied with the stock trigger. The main reason is that I am going to order a CMMG .22lr upper and I figure more trigger time even with a .22lr would be more valuable than a good trigger at this point so it might be for sale or returned. Still not sure if I am going to keep the Strikefire or not because I have the EXPS-2, but it would be nice to have on my .22lr upper.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-27-2012, 6:12 PM
LAL6's Avatar
LAL6 LAL6 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 377
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubels View Post
Ended up with a Stag lower from River City Gun Exchange, paid more than I thought I would but I like the service and proximity to me, which are things I am more than willing to pay for.

Still waiting on my order from Palmetto State Armory, which as resulted in Black Friday/Waiting Game Purchases along with ammo. Here is a picture of all the stuff that has arrived already:


Basically waiting on my PSA upper and lower parts build kit to complete the rifle.

I got a Geissele SSA-E trigger during the Black Friday sales but I might not use it depending if I am satisfied with the stock trigger. The main reason is that I am going to order a CMMG .22lr upper and I figure more trigger time even with a .22lr would be more valuable than a good trigger at this point so it might be for sale or returned. Still not sure if I am going to keep the Strikefire or not because I have the EXPS-2, but it would be nice to have on my .22lr upper.
I just went through the PSA waiting game... it took about a month to get my upper but the price was right.

Make sure you got everything you ordered from PSA, they didn't put my buffer tube assembly in the box so I had to wait another week. Seems to be happening with a lot of people's orders lately.

Good job on the build so far, looks like you're doing it right the first time.

You should've just bought 3 or 4 lowers cause now you're going to be hooked! I tried to build just 1 AR a few years ago, now somehow I ended up with 6
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-27-2012, 7:05 PM
Mossy Man's Avatar
Mossy Man Mossy Man is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 6,877
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

I got my Surplus Ammo & Arms stripped lower at STS Guns in Folsom. Was $89 and $121 OTD.

The Gun Range also at one point had some Core15 stripped lowers for $99
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

I do need to check out The Gun Range. I went with the Stag because it was easy for me to pick up at River City. I am already itching to build a SPR. Maybe after finals I will make the trek to all the surrounding stores and so which one has a deal on lowers and pick up 2 more. Right now all I am hoping for is that my Palmetto State Armory order comes in before 12/8/12, the day of my last final.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-27-2012, 11:38 PM
tanakasan tanakasan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubels View Post
I got a Geissele SSA-E trigger during the Black Friday sales but I might not use it depending if I am satisfied with the stock trigger. The main reason is that I am going to order a CMMG .22lr upper and I figure more trigger time even with a .22lr would be more valuable than a good trigger at this point so it might be for sale or returned
You will like the SSA-E!

Once you try it, the standard mil-spec will not do. Your accuracy and fun factor will be increased! If you never try the Geissele, you will not know how really bad the stockers are...maybe thats a good thing!

Robert
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-30-2012, 6:14 AM
DasBoost's Avatar
DasBoost DasBoost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Work...
Posts: 1,813
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Called Rainier arms yesterday morning as my flash hider and charging handle hadn't shipped yet. Added their .223 Wylde 18" SPR match barrel on to my order. Is it overkill for my purposes? Most likely yes.

Still need to get a stripped lower; the cheapest I've seen at my local stores is $150-175 + Taxes/DROS...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes88 View Post
I went to drop one duece and I come back to pedo-spiderman, dead cats and ***** ******* tattoos... I love this thread
REDACTED
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-30-2012, 6:25 AM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Nice, I am thinking of a SPRish build next. I really hope that my upper comes soon or my bank account is really going to be empty. Hopefully, my last big purchase is tomorrow. Gotta add a .22lr upper to the mix.

I am going to go around tomorrow to just "window shop" been hearing about uppers in the Sac-Roseville area for $90ish + DROS and Tax. It wouldn't be bad to just have one around...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-01-2012, 3:06 AM
DasBoost's Avatar
DasBoost DasBoost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Work...
Posts: 1,813
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubels View Post
Nice, I am thinking of a SPRish build next. I really hope that my upper comes soon or my bank account is really going to be empty. Hopefully, my last big purchase is tomorrow. Gotta add a .22lr upper to the mix.

I am going to go around tomorrow to just "window shop" been hearing about uppers in the Sac-Roseville area for $90ish + DROS and Tax. It wouldn't be bad to just have one around...
Thinking the hour and change drive might be worth it if I can get a good deal and other parts to justify gas/time. Worst part about this is that I'm already planning other uppers/whole builds... This really is a disease. Your setup so far looks good. That pic of all your goodies from PSA has me excited for payday Thinking of the ALG FCG; essentially a mil-spec trigger but tuned by Geissele. As much as I'd like a set of A1 handguards or a FF forend, I'm thinking of going with the MOE handguards for my 'A1 of 2012' build; really want to be able to use this rifle and not worry about babying it and trying to track down spares and backup handguards.

I've been browsing CMMG's site and looking into their .22 uppers; cost seems worth it compared to a conversion kit; heck, if I give myself enough creative license, I'll be able to justify another lower for it as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes88 View Post
I went to drop one duece and I come back to pedo-spiderman, dead cats and ***** ******* tattoos... I love this thread
REDACTED
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-01-2012, 2:44 PM
Dubels Dubels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

That is my problem. I just sent out the money for my .22lr upper yesterday and if it was not for the rain and me finally able to get more than 2 hours of sleep I would be on the hunt for a cheaper lower for my .22 upper.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:26 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.