Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 11-26-2012, 7:57 PM

Default Lee customer service - good

I was reloading 9MM on Thanksgiving and the decapper pin broke on my sizing die. Fortunately I also have a universal decapper die so was able to finish the reload.

On Friday I called Lee and was not looking forward to the call. I was expecting a long menu tree and a long wait until my call got to the call center before I could talk to a human and hope the process would take less then an hour.

Ok, my views of calling the help line may have been colored by my recent calls to my cell phone provider, my land line provider and my company's computer help desk.

Instead the call was answered after 2 rings, did not sound like a call center, told the person who answered the phone (Mary) the issue, she took my name and address and said the new pins would be shipped that day (Friday). They arrived today (Monday). Total phone call time was less than 5 minutes.

The call was pleasant and the problem was solved. Since human nature is such that poor service is more likely to be commented on then good, just wanted to say THANK YOU to Lee for great customer service.

Yes a letter is being mailed to Lee saying essentially the same thing.
Old 11-26-2012, 8:08 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

they have always done me right great people!!
Old 11-26-2012, 8:22 PM

Somehow i tore the rubber gromet on my pro powder auto disspenser, called up and talked to a rep said he would send 1 out right away, had it in three days
Old 11-26-2012, 8:23 PM
Veteran Member

Lee ? oh yea
Old 11-26-2012, 8:29 PM

I have had good luck with them. I have called them with a couple of issues and they fixed them just like they did yours. Hornady has been great for me as well.

Old 11-26-2012, 8:37 PM

I had the same experience. They have my business for sure
Old 11-27-2012, 3:34 AM

Glad to hear Lee takes care of its customers!
Old 11-27-2012, 6:50 PM
Veteran Member

i have about a dozen of their die sets, as well as many other reloading tools. lee has always been fantastic and hopefully always will. they have my business for sure. they really should make an auto powder dispenser/scale, i'd buy it. like my lyman though.
Old 11-27-2012, 8:42 PM

The folks at Lee are great and their customer service is top notch! Like all American companies should be!

Every question I have had has been answered by a person and the only warranty issue I had was fixed very quick without any hassle!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:20 AM

Excellent customer service is usually associated with expensive items, as the high cost of the item (e.g., BMW, Lexus, etc.) is how excellent customer service departments are usually funded/supported. When buying a higher priced item (cars in my example, with "higher" being a relative term depending on your income) the premium paid is partially rationalized by the high degree of customer service expectation (real or perceived).

What I've found with Lee is just the opposite. Lee makes, IMO, excellent products that compete on many levels with comparable items costing 2x-3x with no performance or finished product differentiation. That alone is substantial, especially for the cost conscious reloader. But Lee truly sets themselves apart by offering what I would term incredible customer service. The few times I've dealt with Lee on customer service issues I've been left in awe. Here is a company that sells excellent performing products usually far below its competitors yet offers customer service that matches or exceeds the most expensive product vendors in this space.

The initial cost/performance benefit is what let me to Lee initially. The combination of cost/performance/customer service is what keeps me a Lee customer.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:41 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

i had a issue with the rod for the case loader had bent they sent me a brand new one shipped fast and no charge!! great service
Old 11-28-2012, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
BTW, If you have not sent that letter yet you can add on that Stilly says Hi! and Thanks for those shell holder replacements! The new ones work great...
already sent the letter but sure they would not mind an email from you as well (I'm guessing that most of the emails/letters they receive are complaints).

drkphibr I have to agree with you. Lee products work as advertised and cost less. Lee may not be gold or even silver plating their products, but bronze plated works just fine for me. Now if I ever get invited and start winning at Camp Perry I might have to upgrade.
Old 11-28-2012, 7:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Don't know if it was Mary but both times I've called a very pleasant sounding lady answered the phone & I was well cared for. They are a pleasure doing business with. On both occasions they made it right and very quickly, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 11-29-2012, 8:11 PM

I've written Lee letters before. They have some of the best customer service in the industry. I've contacted them about products 3 times and all three times they've bent over backwards to assist me. After consulting with their technical rep, we determined that I was at fault for not assembling a reloading press link correctly; however, Lee still sent me the parts free of charge despite the fact it was due to my error. I am a lifetime customer of Lee Products, due to their excellent products and even better customer service.