Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 11-25-2012, 7:01 PM

Default .45 Colt reloads

Anyone here reload .45 Colt? I would like to find someone to reload my brass for a reasonable cost. Cowboy loads are fine.
Old 11-25-2012, 8:00 PM

Where are you located?
Old 11-25-2012, 8:03 PM

If in the Bay Area I can hook you up....
Old 11-25-2012, 8:16 PM

I live in Novato - north bay area.
Old 11-25-2012, 8:32 PM

paying people to reload for you is a business transaction....

reloading for money is also a business transaction....

correct me if I'm wrong..but engaging in reloading for money is an invitation to BATFE... please come and make my life a living hell ...as in no license to manufacture ammunition for commercial sales....

but then again...having a buddy over and helping him load his own ammo...that sounds like a plan

but as I said...perhaps I'm wrong.....
Greebo, as a matter of feline pride, would attempt to fight or rape absolutely anything, up to and including a four-horse logging wagon. Ferocious dogs would whine and hide under the stairs when Greebo sauntered down the street. Foxes Kept away from the village. Wolves made a detour. Terry Pratchett
Old 11-25-2012, 8:34 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Lol
Old 11-25-2012, 8:34 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Im in sac id love to help you learn the process pm me
Old 11-25-2012, 8:35 PM

and a law suit waiting to happen if something happens ..
Old 11-25-2012, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato View Post

correct me if I'm wrong..but engaging in reloading for money is an invitation to BATFE... please come and make my life a living hell ...as in no license to manufacture ammunition for commercial sales....

but then again...having a buddy over and helping him load his own ammo...that sounds like a plan

Interesting point.... It is fairly common around Cowboy Action Shooters to have "a guy" that tends to offer this service. It is more about the service than the ammunition. Sometimes shooters provide their own components, powder brass etc. but don't want to invest in a press and dies.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato View Post

this all day long, loading for someone and receiving money for it with out the proper licensing is a big no go.

to the op, instead of having someone load for you, you need to be looking for someone who is willing to have you over and direct you through loading your own with their equipment.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM

Be careful! If you reload ammo for someone else, you could bear the liability if that person, or others, using such reloaded ammunition are injured as a result of your actions.

Unless the person is willing to take part in the reloading process, I would avoid being a Good Samaritan.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

i was offering guidance is all
Old 11-27-2012, 3:54 PM
Veteran Member

Yep, one needs a Class 6 FFL for that, otherwise the BATFE will indeed make your life a living hell. You will go to jail and probably lose everything you have.

To the OP: I strongly suggest you learn to reload yourself. It's not very expensive. A single-stage or Lee Classic Turret Press is not very expensive. Dies are not very expensive. A Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure is not very expensive. A good beam scale like a Dillon Eliminator is not very expensive.

I shoot .45 Colt, too. Talk about a solid business case for reloading! Among commonly shot handgun cartridges, that has to be the poster child. If you're currently buying factory ammo, a decent reloading setup will completely pay for itself in less than 10 boxes of ammo. In my case, it was under 7. And that's the whole kit 'n' kaboodle--tumbler, calipers, scale, powder measure, press, dies, boolit mould, you name it. EVERYTHING. From then on, every box I make has been money saved in my pocket.
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Old 11-27-2012, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy T View Post
Yep, one needs a Class 6 FFL for that, otherwise the BATFE will indeed make your life a living hell. You will go to jail and probably lose everything you have.

To the OP: I strongly suggest you learn to reload yourself. It's not very expensive. A single-stage or Lee Classic Turret Press is not very expensive. Dies are not very expensive. A Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure is not very expensive. A good beam scale like a Dillon Eliminator is not very expensive.

I shoot .45 Colt, too. Talk about a solid business case for reloading! Among commonly shot handgun cartridges, that has to be the poster child. If you're currently buying factory ammo, a decent reloading setup will completely pay for itself in less than 10 boxes of ammo. In my case, it was under 7. And that's the whole kit 'n' kaboodle--tumbler, calipers, scale, powder measure, press, dies, boolit mould, you name it. EVERYTHING. From then on, every box I make has been money saved in my pocket.
THis is very true.. I picked up a Lee press kit with a lot of gear with it was like129.00 and dies for 9mm 40 45 and im good to go... I even got a few dies for 223 and 308 for when im ready to load rifle loads.. I would bet I have under 250.00 in my set up after the dies, digital scale, gauge and a few other odds and ends...SO far I have loaded about 1000 rnds of the 9mm and getting ready to do some 40 now... If I can do it anyone can...
Old 11-27-2012, 4:09 PM

this is also a good thread to see cost...no 45 on it but you can get an idea.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=552074