Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 05-10-2011, 3:01 AM
Vendor/Retailer

June 11th & 12th course - FULL!
Wesley Lagomarsino, CA CCW Instructor - Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Stanislaus, Yolo, Yuba, the Cities of Davis, Galt, Lodi, Stockton and Tracy ... and many more to come ... and Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Maine, Oregon, Utah & Virginia

www.LFIguns.com - serving the Central Valley, Foot Hills and Bay Area
Old 05-23-2011, 7:52 PM
Vendor/Retailer

NEW CLASS ADDED - Thursday & Friday, June 2nd & June 3rd
Wesley Lagomarsino, CA CCW Instructor - Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Stanislaus, Yolo, Yuba, the Cities of Davis, Galt, Lodi, Stockton and Tracy ... and many more to come ... and Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Maine, Oregon, Utah & Virginia

Old 06-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Vendor/Retailer

NEW JUNE & JULY CLASSES ADDED.

Old 06-01-2011, 2:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwtrainer View Post
I give some major thanks to you CDSguy. That conversation that we had regarding a few administrative issues provoked changes for the better. I greatly appreciate your input. I've been so busy, I haven't really had the time to follow up with you.

The main thing that I want to say is thank you!
Wes, I'm glad those things we talked about did bring about some adjustments that have improved things. You're very welcome!

Just so you know, you've become one of the trainers that I highly recommend. You've certainly earned it!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Another date added!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

Old 07-15-2011, 8:41 PM
Vendor/Retailer

More dates added.

Old 08-16-2011, 9:33 AM

Default Wesley Lagomarsino's Firearms Institute

Just completed Wesley Largomarsino's CA CCW course. I researched the web to find the right course and I have to tell you that I can't imagine that there is a better available course out there. This is one of the most "Professional" courses I have ever experienced in the use of handguns, period. With previous extensive experiences in Law Enforcement, Wesley is "above and beyond" qualified and one should consider themselves fortunate to have the opportunity to take his course.

Wesley is a down-to-earth kind of guy, that makes the course fun and enjoyable. He is highly energetic and always gives students time for questions and great stories directly related to educating you on the use and safety of handguns.

Even in a class of 15, you felt as though you were in a "one-on-one" situation. His range tactics are technical and deliberate to ensure all on the range are safe. He also had another instructor there named Joe Truesdale, that was equally professional and fun to be around. A competition serious competition shooter with many helpful pointers on how to better your shooting techniques.

No egos involved here. Everyone had a great time and you left with a wealth of information which you had never thought about before. I talked to friends that are CCW holders and mentioned just a few things from the course that they were unaware of that could be vital if a shooting ever occurred. I won't tell you what their response was, but it was a four letter word followed by, "I didn't know that."

Carrying a CCW is not something that's "cool to do" It is one of the greatest responsibilities you will ever have in your life besides having children. If or when a shooting occurs, it could destroy your life "legally" (even if you were "justified") as well as the one you shoot. If you plan to carry concealed get the best training you can get. I highly recommend that you consider this course as your training source.
Old 08-25-2011, 6:35 PM
Vendor/Retailer

August 27th & 28th class is FULL!

Old 10-18-2011, 1:41 PM

I recently took Wes's Pistol 1 course. It was a two day course that consisted of tons of shooting exercises, non shooting but weapons related skills (reloads and failure to fire) and general insight about CCW, personal protection and weapons handling. It was a great course that helped me determine what I need to improve (a lot) and provided practical drills that I can take to the range.

It was a great course overall and especially considering the cost.

Cant wait until the Pistol 2 course comes out.

I will always recommend Wes as an instructor.
Old 11-06-2011, 7:34 PM

Thumbs up Excellent training!

Wesley Lagomarsino’s Firearms Institute’s training was personable, professional, thorough and fun. It far exceeded my Wife’s and I expectations and yes was even wife friendly. Wes and his associate kept the training relevant and usable. We believe we are much better equipped technically and mentally to handle the responsibility of concealed carry now. Both my Wife and I are looking forward to take even more training in the future. Thank you Wes! Tom & Robbin – Elk Grove CA.”
Old 11-13-2011, 6:28 PM

nothing but good reviews.. we gonna have to take some of his classes! ...
anything available for the end of nov. or anytime in dec.?
Old 08-19-2012, 7:25 PM
Vendor/Retailer

New dates added!

Old 08-20-2012, 6:29 AM

<this comment moved here at Wes's request>
I took Wes and Joe's class a week ago and have nothing but good things to say about it.

It was more expensive than some at $225 but they put a lot of extra effort into the class that make it worth it.

In class, they covered the legal part and were very quick to clarify things. They stressed safety.

They spent time with people correcting any issues they saw during qualifications. They were especially helpful to the revolver folks and reloading. Again, safety was stressed.

They were very encouraging and informative on applying for an AZ ccw. They helped with the forms and finger printing. And if needed, they could provide the NRA certificate. They explained why the AZ permit was nice to have but didn't try to "sell" it.

Lastly, they presented themselves in a very professional manner. Nothing in their appearance or in their lectures showed them to be anything more than gun enthusiasts.

Wes(ccwtrainer) was very quick with replies to email with course follow up questions.

I definitely look forward to taking another class or three with them to increase my proficiency.
Old 08-20-2012, 8:17 AM

Aw man where do I even start?! First of all Wesley deserves a million stars, 5 stars doesn't even begin to describe!!!
Some of us drove far to attend his class, and let me tell you, it was worth every mile! He is an absolute phenomenal instructor!!! His class is extremely informative with how to handle a firearm safely, and with the law, and he used several real life stories to put things into perspective for us. I was quite sad that the CCW Course was only 2 days because I enjoyed it that much. I was engaged for the full two days of class on very little sleep, now that right there should tell you....... there was never a dull or boring moment in class or on the range! I learned SOOOOO much within those two days. I HIGHLY recommend his class!!!! I can't say that enough!
He taught this class with Joe, I think they have this bromance thing going on.... JUST KIDDING, but they do make a wonderful, wonderful team!
I look forward to taking more classes to further my knowledge! I can't wait!!!!
TAKE THIS COURSE PEOPLE, when it comes to the safety of yourself and your loved ones, you need someone who is dedicated and who has the passion to teach you the skills you need. YOU DESERVE IT!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Updated.

Old 12-13-2012, 4:16 PM

First and foremost: All of the great reviews for Wes are spot-on.

I recently completed the 16-hour, 2-day CA CCW class taught by Wes and Joe Truesdale. Wes and Joe really click together as instructors and the classroom portion of the training was very well done. Wes has an encyclopedic knowledge of the CA statutes related to concealed carry. This, plus his personal experiences from being a cop in the Central Valley, made the classroom sessions very informative, interesting, and entertaining.

The range time/qualifications were the high point of the class, though. Both Wes and Joe are very safety-oriented and they handled a large (20+) group of people on the range like pros.

Since taking the CA CCW course, I have also taken the UT CCW course that Wes and Joe teach. This class, too, was extremely well-done.

Try one of the classes Wes puts on--you definitely won't be disappointed.
Old 12-15-2012, 6:16 PM

Just thought I'd follow up and highly recommend going for the followup classes for this CCW class taught by Wes and Joe. I just finished up the CCW2 (Rapid Response) and CCW3(One Handed).

I found the information taught in the classes was well presented and definitely gave me more confidence is my abilities while carrying.

Safety was highly stressed. Both days covered malfunction clearing(one handed was a pain).

Rapid Response included drawing from concealed holster, malfunction clearing, and starting not facing target(3,6, and 9 o'clock).

One handed covered using both hands including drawing, malfunction clearing, and holstering

Thanks again Wes and Joe. REALLY looking forward to CCW4 (Unorthodox Shooting Positions)
Old 01-10-2013, 2:25 PM
Vendor/Retailer

New Dates Added!

Old 04-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Description Updated!

Old 11-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Updated.

Old 02-05-2014, 2:00 PM

Took my 16 hour CA CCW class and UT class with Wes a couple weekends ago and it was one of the best classes I've ever taken. Wes is an awesome instructor and makes sure you leave the class feeling confident and ready. Not only did I take with me a library of knowledge, but he took a few minutes to help me improve my shot placement and what I was doing wrong that I had no idea I was doing as well as a nice trick to help correct it. Wes is extremely knowledgeable and knows both the law enforcement side and civilian side of carrying and there is no question that he could not answer. I'd recommend him to anyone who wants to take a CCW course as well as anyone who wants to take a basic firearms course. If you are on the fence and debating on choosing a lower priced class, don't. This IS the class to take for anyone who is serious about learning and you will not be disappointed. I'll definitely be back.

Thanks Wes,
Zack
Old 03-30-2015, 7:21 AM

I highly recommend Wes Lagomarsino. Wes is a highly skilled instructor that has the knowledge to instruct as well as the ability to PERFORM. Wes is passionate about all things gun related from gun safety to gun law & rights but most passionate about a students ability to effectively and efficiently navigate and survive a potentially life threatening situation with an avoidance mindset first and deadly force as a last resort. Wes uses a combination of wisdom, experience and humor to bring color and life to topics in an effort to tap a variety of learning styles. Wes is also a continuous learner committed to personal development, always looking for opportunities to learn, grow and evolve. (pretty rare for an expert) This is why you will aways walk away from a class with Wes better than you arrived no matter how many times you have taken it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk