Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member

Default Some People Have All The Nerve

Check out this letter I received in my email from Portantino.

Quote:
Dear Friends,

For the past six years, it has been my honor to represent the diverse and unique communities that make up the best Assembly District in California. I have worked hard to expand educational opportunities, keep our communities safe and hold state government accountable. It has been a learning experience every day and I couldn't have done it without you.

I am proud to say that throughout my time in the Legislature, I had 38 bills signed into law and I remain committed to helping in any way I can. Look for me at council meetings and on the soccer field, helping to preserve our open spaces and leading the charge for affordable higher education for all Californians.

My time with the California State Assembly ends November 30, and a new chapter begins. I am grateful for the opportunity to have been able to represent you. My wife, Ellen and I, and our daughters Sofia and Bella feel blessed to be a part of this wonderful community. I want to take a moment to wish you the best and to thank you for all that you have done to make the 44th Assembly District a special place to live.

Happy holidays and warmest thoughts for a healthy and happy New Year.

Anthony Portantino
Screw you, you bastard.

Good riddens.

Last edited by The Shadow; 11-15-2012 at 10:08 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Take out a restraining order on him.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:31 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

And don't let the Constitution hit ya on the way out
Old 11-16-2012, 5:23 AM

just hit the "Reply" button and POLITELY tell him there are those, those of us in the firearms community, that are relieved to see him term out for all the rights he's trampled on.

i am a legend in my own mind...

we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

"The second amendment ain't about your deer rifle..."
Old 11-16-2012, 5:49 PM

"Diverse and unique communities?" Doesn't anybody represent plain old Americans and Californians anymore? I recall in reading several biographies of Theodore Roosevelt that he had a concern about what he called "hyphenated Americans" such as German-Americans, Polish-Americans and any group that took its identity from any racial, ethnic, class or political heritage or affiliations, rather than being Americans. Roosevelt was carping about such things back to 1902 up to his death in 1919. Roosevelt also warned Europe and America about the declining birth rate as being problematic to western civilization. Given the loss of life in WWI (37 Million, 16 Million dead, 20 Million wounded) where nearly an entire generation of Europeans died, his concern was well founded. Given the enormous loss of life that followed a scant two decades later during WWII (60 Million killed, or 2.5% of the world population) human potential suffered a tremendous blow from a denuded gene pool. What possibilities existed for accelerated human accomplishment, through the birth of exceptional individuals, were at a stroke removed.

Portantino is a symptom of the advanced state of political decay caused by progressive policies that have evolved into a cultural Marxism that considers ethnicity and economic class the qualifiers to secure human rights. In their view, only certain population segments are qualified to receive the benefit of civil rights and economic largess at the expense of the rights and prosperity of others. This narrow view is exactly the formula that leads to balkanization, societal collapse, civil war and genocide. We have entered into the age of incompetence, mediocrity and extreme demagoguery, no doubt due, in large part, to that loss of human potential. Population dynamics will eventually correct the impairment, but in the meantime we face a period similar in nature to that of the medieval period after 1328 marked by loss of one-third of the world's population due to bubonic plague. In a highly technological age, this is extremely dangerous.

Rant Over.

Last edited by Wrangler John; 11-16-2012 at 5:56 PM..
Old 11-16-2012, 5:54 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

So who replaced him?

I have Mike Gatto-D (Appropriations Chair), at least he had the sense to know SB249 was a litigation time bomb.

I see your area also elected that witch Carol Liu?

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 11-16-2012, 6:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It's "good riddance".

...and I hope he chokes on a porcupine.

The big ones from Africa.

-- John Wayne as Davy Crockett in The Alamo

Last edited by wjc; 11-17-2012 at 5:01 PM..
Old 11-16-2012, 7:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

make sure the door hits him in the A&& on the way out.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-16-2012, 7:28 PM
Veteran Member

One down, so many to go.
Old 11-16-2012, 8:02 PM
Veteran Member

Now, if he would have authored the REMOVAL of 38 laws .. . . . . . .
Old 11-17-2012, 9:18 AM
Veteran Member

Anthony Portlytino

a gun grabbing , Constitution crumpling, corrupt career politico of the worst kind.

Its so nice knowing he will be enjoying tax payer funded retirement, watching soccer games while we deal with the loss of core rights for decades due to his bills.

Good riddance
Old 11-17-2012, 11:05 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
Check out this letter I received in my email from Portantino.

Screw you, you bastard.

Good riddens.
That's a great letter to receive. I can't wait to get one from my state senator.

Reloading Clubs: SF, East Bay

Case Status: Peña v. Cid (Handgun Roster). SF v. 44Mag (Mag Parts Kits). Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees). Davis v. LA (CCW policy). Jackson v. SF (Ammo/Storage). Teixeira (FFL Zoning). First Unitarian v. NSA (Privacy). Silvester (Waiting Period). Schoepf (DROS Delay). Haynie (AW ban). SFVPOA v. SF (10+ mag possession ban). Bear in Public: Drake (3CA); Moore (7CA); Richards, Peruta, McKay (9CA).
Old 11-17-2012, 11:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Delusions and psychopathy are rampant in government today, especially California's government.

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 11-18-2012, 4:42 AM
I need a LIFE!!

another one....
Old 11-18-2012, 5:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICESTATE View Post
Delusions and psychopathy are rampant in government today, especially California's government.
Unfortunately, that also describes the people that elect them.
Old 11-18-2012, 6:27 AM
NOT BANNED..yet
CGN Contributor

I agree, good riddance
/thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
Biden is only there so nobody assassinates Obama. He's like a bullet proof vest that drinks too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
It's right next to the part that says gays can get married and sluts get free birth control.
ΦΑ
Old 11-18-2012, 9:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler John View Post
Portantino is a symptom of the advanced state of political decay caused by progressive policies that have evolved into a cultural Marxism that considers ethnicity and economic class the qualifiers to secure human rights. In their view, only certain population segments are qualified to receive the benefit of civil rights and economic largess at the expense of the rights and prosperity of others. This narrow view is exactly the formula that leads to balkanization, societal collapse, civil war and genocide. We have entered into the age of incompetence, mediocrity and extreme demagoguery, no doubt due, in large part, to that loss of human potential. Population dynamics will eventually correct the impairment, but in the meantime we face a period similar in nature to that of the medieval period after 1328 marked by loss of one-third of the world's population due to bubonic plague. In a highly technological age, this is extremely dangerous.
Epic Rant!

Old 11-18-2012, 9:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

forget the RO, demand a refund

Jim