Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 11-13-2012, 9:31 PM

Default Surefire EB1

So who's excited for the new Surefire EB1??? I sure am. I have a E1B and absolutely love it. She's been apart of my EDC for many years. has been completely faithful to me through thick and thin. I have dropped the E1B so many times and I accidentally ran it over with my truck once and still works!!! But I am really digging the new EB1!!! The EB1 has been upgraded to high setting to 200 lumens (up from 110 lumens). Low setting stays the same (5 lumens). I am also excited about the two options:

Click-type switch with tailcap shroud Partially press tailcap pushbutton for momentary-on high output; press further to click constant-on high. Return to off and press or click again within two seconds for low output.

Tactical switch (no shroud) Partially press tailcap pushbutton for momentary-on low output; press further for momentary-on high output. Release to turn light off. Twist tailcap clockwise for constant-on low then high output.

I am leaning towards the click-type.... What about you guys/gals?

Link to Surefire:
http://www.surefire.com/illumination...lashlight.html

Link to video:
http://youtu.be/MN8Q-APYbQk?hd=1

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

Colt / Glock / Kimber / Kriss / LWRC / Remington / Ruger / Smith & Wesson / Springfield
Old 11-13-2012, 11:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

i have an E1B. it's a great little flashlight.

i hope the EB1 has the same cliip that's on my E1B. i've been meaning to read what the folks on CPF have to say about the EB1.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 AM

I have the tactical switch on my LX2... would not want to go any other way. Under stress your fine motor skills go out of the window on afterburner. With a tactical switch you hammer the button home and have all the light you need.

In day-to-day routines the partial depress for small stuff (reading notes, looking at a map etc) works really well.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Solutions View Post
I have the tactical switch on my LX2... would not want to go any other way. Under stress your fine motor skills go out of the window on afterburner. With a tactical switch you hammer the button home and have all the light you need.

In day-to-day routines the partial depress for small stuff (reading notes, looking at a map etc) works really well.
I wish the tactical switch had the stroud on it. I don't want to keep accidentally turning on the light while it's in my pocket. The E1B had this issue... At least for me.

ddnguyen9 // Sent from my iPhone via tapatalk

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

Colt / Glock / Kimber / Kriss / LWRC / Remington / Ruger / Smith & Wesson / Springfield
Old 11-14-2012, 6:16 PM

loved my e1b! till i was riding my scooter on the freeway and it fell out my cargo pocket...wasn't clipped in...just in the pocket and I was riding with my legs up "barcalounger" style and well gravity took over

Old 11-14-2012, 7:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoupdawg View Post
loved my e1b! till i was riding my scooter on the freeway and it fell out my cargo pocket...wasn't clipped in...just in the pocket and I was riding with my legs up "barcalounger" style and well gravity took over

that's truly sad.
Old 11-14-2012, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoupdawg View Post

Amazing....

I am sure some CalTrans worker got a free surefire light. It probably still worked too!