Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2012, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robearo2 View Post
Well the reason the analogy is kind of valid is because oaktree has a separate restaurant and gun store. The gun store is where they sell the banned ammo. Though the boundary between range store, and gun store, in this instance is a little hazy.

I don't know if they actually enforce the magnetic ammo ban though. Maybe this is what she had to tell me through email. I dunno. Maybe I should get a livingsocial coupon and check it out in person lolf[/url]
If I understood correctly from one of the posters above, it seems they were selling the bi-metal ammo from the check-in office that is attached to the rifle range. If that's truly the case, then what the heck? The pro-shop is also the check-in area for the pistol range, which also doubles for check-in for the 65 yard rifle bay, AND the rifle range at the other end of the facility. Can you just imagine buying a large amount of ammo for your gun, walking up to the firing line, and then be told you can't shoot it? I plan to go there tomorrow to shoot and I'll see if I can get some more definitive answers.

Even though the whole "banned" ammo thing is becoming an interesting situation, I still love Oak Tree. Their staff have always been friendly, helpful even, and the facility is extremely nice. It's also just a few miles from my house, and that certainly is a huge plus.