Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2012, 9:16 AM

Default recommend shooting clubs?

Hi everyone.

So, this is a general question: Are Gun/Shooting clubs recommended? Does anyone belong to one/some?

And the next question, and the reason I'm posting this in the N. CA forum, is if anyone has any recommendations for a club in the Sacramento and surrounding areas?

I found 2 possible clubs, 1 under the IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Assoc.) and the other under the USPSA (United States Practical Shooting Assoc.)
IDPA: http://www.sdps-idpa.org/index.html
USPSA: http://www.actionpistol.org/ncpl/default.html

The reason I'm interested in joining a shooting club is to find an outlet to where I can shoot outside of the ordinary shooting range; seeking variety in the way I practice shooting.

I know, I could just join one and see how it goes, but I want to make sure I'm getting in something for the right reasons; that it's not full-on competition only, but that they offer members training opportunities and such.

I appreciate any info anyone can provide... and yes, I will be contacting the clubs directly, but was looking for some other insight as well.
Thank in advance.