Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 10-05-2012, 8:08 AM

Default Officer Involved Shooting in Chino Hills last night.

Anyone have any more info on the incident last night where an off-duty officer took down 2 out of 4 ****heads that tried to rob a local coffee shop in Chino Hills late last night?

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. -Psalm 144:1
Old 10-05-2012, 8:25 AM

Are you referring to this? http://www.sgvtribune.com/crime/ci_2...es-chino-hills
Old 10-05-2012, 8:30 AM

Yeah that's probably it. Initial reports said the the 4 men were trying to rob a coffee shop. Thanks for the info.

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. -Psalm 144:1
Old 10-05-2012, 9:37 AM

"....... The officer said he saw objects in the hands of two of the four men as they approached him. He armed himself with a gun and fired several shots, striking two of the men.

Deputies said the wounded men ran a short distance and collapsed.

Two other men ran from the scene, but were apprehended by sheriff's deputies.

Deputies found an 8-inch knife and a can of pepper spray within the crime scene.........."

It's a good thing the off duty officer was armed. He could have easily been pepper sprayed and then stabbed to death.

"If you expect logic associated with California law, it will only make your head hurt.." - Ron-Solo, 2013
Old 10-06-2012, 2:29 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA227driver View Post
Anyone have any more info on the incident last night where an off-duty officer took down 2 out of 4 ****heads that tried to rob a local coffee shop in Chino Hills late last night?
It sounds like a group of tough guys brought a knife and OC spray to a gunfight.

And lost.
Old 10-09-2012, 1:31 PM

This group of 4 thugs asked for a fight and attempted to victimize one guy and he delivered.
Old 10-13-2012, 8:52 PM

this is craziness. good thing for that cop though! glad he was prepared off duty.
Old 10-15-2012, 4:27 PM

Default and the sky is falling also ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA227driver View Post
Yeah that's probably it. Initial reports said the the 4 men were trying to rob a coffee shop. Thanks for the info.
I like a "good guy wins story" as much as anybody, but I also like to be smart and factual. When road rage turns into pursuit, ... the Audi driver followed the Chevy Caprice for miles, then followed them off the freeway, followed them to a parking lot, and stopped behind them. Only a armed person with intent, or allot of rage is going to take on 4 men solo. Getting cut-off on the freeway still does not give anyone the right to empty their magazine in a shopping center parking lot. Ok, so a $3000 dollar Caprice matched a $60,000 dollar Audi down the 71 ..... breathe, cool down, think about the big picture, ..... how about identifying yourself as an armed police officer and showing your badge????? I have made bad guys totally compliant just by jacking a round into my M1 ...... Think people!

(oh, and no there was NO coffee shop robbery or attemp to)
Old 10-15-2012, 7:21 PM
misanthrope
CGN Contributor

Since I've seen the media screw up the most innocuous of stories, I'll hold judgement on the whole road rage thing. Someone creeps on me with a knife and mace though, regardless of circumstance, I would pop them too. Course, only being a CCW holder these days, I have more of a legal need to avoid confrontations as much as possible, when armed.
Old 10-16-2012, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1962xkefhc View Post
I like a "good guy wins story" as much as anybody, but I also like to be smart and factual. When road rage turns into pursuit, ... the Audi driver followed the Chevy Caprice for miles, then followed them off the freeway, followed them to a parking lot, and stopped behind them. Only a armed person with intent, or allot of rage is going to take on 4 men solo. Getting cut-off on the freeway still does not give anyone the right to empty their magazine in a shopping center parking lot. Ok, so a $3000 dollar Caprice matched a $60,000 dollar Audi down the 71 ..... breathe, cool down, think about the big picture, ..... how about identifying yourself as an armed police officer and showing your badge????? I have made bad guys totally compliant just by jacking a round into my M1 ...... Think people!

(oh, and no there was NO coffee shop robbery or attemp to)
I badged a guy who got road rage with me once. I was very calm and thought it would put the fear of law in him. It didn't. He called CHP, gave my plate, and told them I pointed a pistol at him. I NEVER DID!

Ended up getting 1 day off talked down from 5. Don't badge off duty unless you absolutely have too.
Old 10-16-2012, 1:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico911 View Post
I
Ended up getting 1 day off talked down from 5. Don't badge off duty unless you absolutely have too.

To, not too. Consider yourself badged.

Old 10-19-2012, 4:29 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico911 View Post
I badged a guy who got road rage with me once. I was very calm and thought it would put the fear of law in him. It didn't. He called CHP, gave my plate, and told them I pointed a pistol at him. I NEVER DID!

What!!! Ridiculous. Given that you're a sworn peace officer, don't other fellow officers believe you over the road rager??

Turby
Old 10-19-2012, 8:59 PM

Fellow Officers do, Supervisors think on diffrent lines.