Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 10-09-2012, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSet View Post

LOL! Marine 2nd Lieutenant with NAVSPECWAR (SEAL) device (wrong size at that), combat action ribbon, pleated dockers, wrong belt...oh yeah, he needs to get jumped.
Old 10-09-2012, 6:11 PM

I heard about this one a while back when it was happening in real time. As I understand it, that kid was F'ing crucified. Hairy guy on the left is an Army vet who called him out from medium pistol range. The photo was taken during the ensuing loud discussion.
Old 10-09-2012, 6:13 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah IIRC both guys in the picture are former mil guys who swarmed on this douchebag, and the whole thing went down in real time. I forgot who found him on Facebook but it was hilarious...I think they even called his parents, lol.
Old 10-09-2012, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan08 View Post
LOL! Marine 2nd Lieutenant with NAVSPECWAR (SEAL) device (wrong size at that), combat action ribbon, pleated dockers, wrong belt...oh yeah, he needs to get jumped.
This kid could have been federally prosecuted and should have. What a weenie, holy crap who is this kid
Old 10-09-2012, 9:26 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1984 View Post
This kid could have been federally prosecuted and should have. What a weenie, holy crap who is this kid
The Stolen Valor Act was ruled unconstitutional so nothing's gonna happen to him.. except whatever's delivered by those dudes in that pic.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
The Stolen Valor Act was ruled unconstitutional so nothing's gonna happen to him.. except whatever's delivered by those dudes in that pic.
but isn't fraud still stands?
If he claimed to be in military for any benefit, he could still face fraud charges.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:48 PM

Yea I think there was something in the army times that it is a federal offense to fraudulently posing as a commissioned officer in the united states armed forces
Old 10-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Banned

It was an outdoor airsoft sale. I think airsoft GI. It was even on their facebook like if anyone knew who he was to please let them know so it could be prevented. Trying to get airsoft stuff discounted.
Old 10-10-2012, 1:01 AM

It was an event hosted by EVIKE in LA. Some army dude outed him and chewed him alive. Then he was blasted in a military forum where Marines did their "recon" and found out his Facebook account and started blasting him there. They even sent his mom a message regarding her son's blatant deception and lies.

Why I know about this? Because I'm a ninja.
Old 10-10-2012, 1:07 AM

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...sonator/page15

Old 10-11-2012, 5:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiahua View Post
LMAO!!!!!!

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 10-11-2012, 8:40 PM

My favorite....

Old 10-12-2012, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milspec714 View Post
My favorite....

LOL, enough stuff for three servicemembers!
Old 10-12-2012, 3:15 PM

The Air Soft guy with the Eye Black under his eyes is my favorite. Baseball Player by day tactical assassin by night. These are the type of people that love the term "Mil-Spec" and only buy "Mil-spec" equipment and as we all know the military only buys the greatest and most high quality gear.
Old 10-14-2012, 5:47 AM
Calguns Addict

then theres this kid

GySgt Ableman was keen enough to spot this {fill in the blank} walking through the Reno Airport in full dress blues with gloves and cover on. He stopped him near the baggage claim and running into three Drill Instructors wasn't something this guy had anticipated.

If any of you know Gy Ableman, this kid was lucky to leave with all his teeth intact. From the get go, it was obvious this kid was not a Marine.
He claimed to be a PFC (wearing LCpl chevrons) and could not explain what a PFC chevron looked like and then couldn't explain the NCO stripe on his trousers. He had a collar emblem in the middle of his barracks cover and his belt was sticking out.

No ribbons or badges, his trousers were way too long, not to mention he had on Sketcher boots instead of dress shoes and a civilian belt. We found this out after we demanded that he take off the blouse and cover.

Turns out he bought the uniform from a surplus store and his Dad is a retired Navy Chief. Reno is a super-pro military area and this guy was soaking in the atta-boys. Lot of posers out there, watch out!
Old 10-14-2012, 6:43 AM

My thoughts on this topic if you want to wear the uniform join. If you wear it and haven't served wear it with respect! Many have paid the ultimate price while wearing that uniform so don't disgrace it. And for Gods sake don't put on a dam tab, skill badge or unit pin if you haven't served that's just disrespectful we have to earn that stuff.
Old 10-14-2012, 7:37 AM

Quote:

I actually work in the Airsoft Community and I will keep an eye out for this D*** Head.

In memory of Rogelio Antonio Ramirez, August 26th 2007
Saqlawiyah Iraq

"most people quick to go to war haven't seen it."-
unknown

Check out my YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/DJCBX/videos
Old 10-14-2012, 7:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurman View Post
My thoughts on this topic if you want to wear the uniform join. If you wear it and haven't served wear it with respect! Many have paid the ultimate price while wearing that uniform so don't disgrace it. And for Gods sake don't put on a dam tab, skill badge or unit pin if you haven't served that's just disrespectful we have to earn that stuff.
I agree with you, I have no problems with people wearing them but they shouldnt wear what you mentioned.
Old 10-14-2012, 7:58 AM

Quote:
Don't care what anyone wears. You'd have a heart attack if you saw what airsoft kids wear!
I take offense to that!

Do I dress in camo to play? yes... but more because it blends well than because I want to look like I served. Half the time its OD long sleeve and dark woodland pants. I don't wear military patches, because I feel that that would be disrespectful to the actual service members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread

Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!

Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Check this one out. Apparently he goes around and claims to be Army when not failing at dressing like a Marine.
This was posted on FB, I dont know the guy nor have heard any claims.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:57 AM

in high school ( late 80s early 90s) i was into paintball. i used to play outdoors in the santa cruz mountains. i had 1 set of woodland cammies just because. i never in a million years even then in my youthful idiocy would i have thought to put rank or unit pins/patches on. only thing i had was a US flag on 1 shoulder. I dont have a problem with Airsofters wearing just cammo clothes. but putting rank and unit patches on is lame.

Now my hunting gear consists of some good boots and some duck cloth Carhartt pants and bib overalls and a real tree cammo jacket or bird vest depending on weather and game.

these posers who are walking around in full dress uniform who are fake should rightly be outed and shamed.

Last edited by ElToro; 10-14-2012 at 11:59 AM..
Old 10-16-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElToro View Post
in high school ( late 80s early 90s) i was into paintball. i used to play outdoors in the santa cruz mountains. i had 1 set of woodland cammies just because. i never in a million years even then in my youthful idiocy would i have thought to put rank or unit pins/patches on. only thing i had was a US flag on 1 shoulder. I dont have a problem with Airsofters wearing just cammo clothes. but putting rank and unit patches on is lame.

Now my hunting gear consists of some good boots and some duck cloth Carhartt pants and bib overalls and a real tree cammo jacket or bird vest depending on weather and game.

these posers who are walking around in full dress uniform who are fake should rightly be outed and shamed.
I agree. paintballer from 1996-2008, the cammies i used had air force stripes but no one would confuse a 16 yr old kid as a tech sgt & it never entered into my mind to be a poser.
"The gun has played a critical role in history...an invention that has been both praised and denounced...served hero and villain alike...and carries with it moral responsibility. To better understand the gun is to better understand history."
Old 10-16-2012, 9:59 AM

Quote:
My favorite....

HAHAHAHAHA Are you kidding me he has almost every ribbon and pin from all branches. Gotta love idiots
HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)
Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 AM

Question for you guys

When I was an adolescent (14-18) I was a part of a military explorer program, which was founded and run by former SF guys (Vietnam/Desert Storm). Obviously, the kids wear the current Army uniform. It was BDU, now it's ACU, or Multicam on FTXs. Many many of our alumni enlisted, many went SF, or Ranger (tabbed, not Ranger battalion), as well as 82nd, 101st, 25thID, etc.
I'm 25 now, I never did enlist (Which I regret now, but I never would have met my wife if I had). I still volunteer over there, because the unit did great things for me. Some of my closest friends served and I have the utmost respect for them.

But I dont even feel worthy to wear my uniform there. It has the group's unit patch and qualification tabs (we run our own condensed "Ranger school" called Recondo school, which was a term from the Vietnam era).

I dont feel right wearing the uniform at times, but I should because even though I havent served, I'm still an adult volunteer and need to set an example.

How do you vets feel about this?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Calguns Addict

I see it the same as ROTC in college. Wear the cammies but have your own rank, ribbons, and designations. No US ARMY tabs, etc.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:23 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
The other dudes pray for our nation to slip up so they can get crazy with their bullet button ar's
And eat their MRE's and use all that STA-BIL.

No matter how boring one's life is, and how specious the undermining of the Constitution and capitalism, this country STILL has it dicked like no other.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
then theres this kid

GySgt Ableman was keen enough to spot this {fill in the blank} walking through the Reno Airport in full dress blues with gloves and cover on. He stopped him near the baggage claim and running into three Drill Instructors wasn't something this guy had anticipated.

If any of you know Gy Ableman, this kid was lucky to leave with all his teeth intact. From the get go, it was obvious this kid was not a Marine.
He claimed to be a PFC (wearing LCpl chevrons) and could not explain what a PFC chevron looked like and then couldn't explain the NCO stripe on his trousers. He had a collar emblem in the middle of his barracks cover and his belt was sticking out.

No ribbons or badges, his trousers were way too long, not to mention he had on Sketcher boots instead of dress shoes and a civilian belt. We found this out after we demanded that he take off the blouse and cover.

Turns out he bought the uniform from a surplus store and his Dad is a retired Navy Chief. Reno is a super-pro military area and this guy was soaking in the atta-boys. Lot of posers out there, watch out!
Knife hand in action!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:21 PM

I expect that from Vietnam era conflict to present time...

But when a POSER claims anothers blood sweat and tears from Korea or WWII like this Delta Bravo...

http://www.thesandgram.com/2010/07/2...d-dick-stoops/

Oh man..
Old 10-16-2012, 12:33 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:

But when a POSER claims anothers blood sweat and tears from Korea or WWII like this Delta Bravo...

Oh man..
Great website.

I have all my Dad's gear (USN 1936-1960, in a seaman out a LTCDR). I wouldn't wear his service skivvies, much less his Khakis, which he called suntans, blues, or dress whites, even much less his sword or caps.

Frontier justice comes to mind.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:57 PM
CGN Contributor

When I go paintballing, I wear camos and sport my zombie response team patch

--
Support CGF on the local CA fight for gun rights. Donate Today

Join the NRA
Old 10-16-2012, 1:06 PM

Quote:

Oh man..
LOL Since when do you wear a Pathfinder patch on the sleeve? He has a 75th scroll, but that's not a ranger batt flash on his beret....among many other things...like an outdated uniform..that looks more like a dickie's shirt
Old 10-16-2012, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkYZ View Post
LOL Since when do you wear a Pathfinder patch on the sleeve? He has a 75th scroll, but that's not a ranger batt flash on his beret....among many other things...like an outdated uniform..that looks more like a dickie's shirt
Here is a litte more detail on him..

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=19182

Old 10-18-2012, 12:56 AM
Free Mustache Rides
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
then theres this kid

The virgin was desperate and felt this was the best way to get some pu**y

NRA Lifetime Member SAF Lifetime Member
Old 10-18-2012, 7:45 PM

An idea came to mind:

Keep your check book on you.

The next time anyone sees a poser in uniform offer to given them a donation (via check) to the Wounded Warrior Foundation through their unit.

If the check ends up going through their personal account you will have the documentation of this on the canceled check once it comes back to you through your bank.

With that canceled check in hand prosecutors can pounce.
Old 11-05-2012, 1:57 PM

Please DO NOT confuse any the Airsoft kids, the dorks that wear bogus uniforms with ribbons that they did not earn or were never awarded, or the "unorganized militia" with members, or the organization as a whole, of the CALIFORNIA STATE MILITARY RESERVE.

If you'd like more infomation about the CALIFORNIA STATE MILITARY RESERVE please feel free to contact me at chris [at] CLCPI [dot] Com. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions I can for you, and if I dont have the answer I'll get US the answer.
Old 11-05-2012, 2:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris0309 View Post
Please DO NOT confuse any the Airsoft kids, the dorks that wear bogus uniforms with ribbons that they did not earn or were never awarded, or the "unorganized militia" with members, or the organization as a whole, of the CALIFORNIA STATE MILITARY RESERVE.

If you'd like more infomation about the CALIFORNIA STATE MILITARY RESERVE please feel free to contact me at chris [at] CLCPI [dot] Com. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions I can for you, and if I dont have the answer I'll get US the answer.
CLCPI dot com?
\
Chris Loomis Consultations is a full service licensed Private Investigations firm based in Arcadia, California (Los Angeles County). The office can be reached 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Old 11-05-2012, 3:14 PM

Yes.....
Old 11-05-2012, 3:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Oh I just thought the link was going to be about the California State Military Reserve.
Old 11-05-2012, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
I see it the same as ROTC in college. Wear the cammies but have your own rank, ribbons, and designations. No US ARMY tabs, etc.
ah, I thought that they do wear branch tab.
Old 11-06-2012, 7:10 AM

People just need to man up and join the military. I understand the CSMR(former military veterans or people who could not join the military for health or personal reasons) and Militias want to serve in other and any ways possible, but use a different uniform than what we wear for less confusion. They should just use BDU's, they still look good, cheaper(uniforms are out of pocket expenses, CSMR has a uniform allowance now I think from the state) and more abundant than ACU's or Multicam.