Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 09-29-2012, 3:54 PM

Default Jack Ross....Finally after six long months of waiting!

Pigs must have started flying, I finally received my order from Jack Ross!
I actually got the ammo a couple of days ago, but I finally found some time to spread the news.

I was order #810 3/13/12 (1000 rds 9mm reloads)
After numerous calls and emails without responses, I got a hold of the owner of Jack Ross' personal cell phone (which can be found on page 2 of this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=514999)

I was at the point where I was calling the guy everyday. He didn't answer this number either, but one day I decided to shoot a text message. To my surprise, he actually replied back. He said that my order would ship on Monday. A couple of hours later and I got an email from Jack Ross confirming my completed order.
Jack Ross actually did what he said he was going to do... they shipped out just as he said.

I got an email from Fedex on Monday, and got my ammo on Tuesday.

I don't know if they're going in order down the list of people waiting, or if he just sent my order out because I was calling him everyday. Maybe he just sent me my order just to get me off of his shoulders.

If you're still waiting for an order, I strongly suggest that you do what you can to get a hold of them and get them to ship your order.

Now to the ammo...
Overall, I'm surprised at the quality of the ammo. I know that people were having issues with getting .380 mixed in with their 9mm and just overall poor quality. Luckily I was not able to find any .380 mixed in with my 9mm.

The ammo came in white boxes of 50. The brass looked pretty clean and there weren't any major blemishes on the rounds.
I did find 3 rounds that were set back very bad...but the box they were in looked a bit smashed, so I'm going to assume they were damaged in transit.

I haven't had the chance to shoot any of it yet, but honestly the ammo looks good.

Good luck to anyone still waiting on Jack Ross. Hopefully everyone that has waited it out gets their ammo.
Old 09-29-2012, 4:07 PM

Nice to see you finally got your order. My order is 12xx so maybe I'll get something by Christmas time if I'm lucky.
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 09-29-2012, 8:09 PM

I've waited over 5 months when they said 3 weeks. I've done my part and disputed my charge. Freedom munitions did their part and shipped within 2 days, I'll stick with them.
Old 09-29-2012, 8:40 PM

I don't blame you one bit. I tried to call my credit card company...but they told me I was past the deadline to dispute the charges.

After doing business twice with freedom munitions I can definitely say that I would order with them again. Unfortunately I can't say the same thing about Jack Ross
Old 09-30-2012, 6:55 AM
Calguns Addict

All this time and energy, you could have bought reloading equipment and loaded that many rounds, and saved enough money to pay for all of it.
Old 09-30-2012, 8:26 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-cat View Post
All this time and energy, you could have bought reloading equipment and loaded that many rounds, and saved enough money to pay for all of it.
You said it. I'm glad the OP finally got his ammo, don't get me wrong. However, this "Jack Ross" drama is a canonical example of why I started rollin' my own. I don't need to be concerned about whether the ammo vendors have what I shoot in stock. When I need a box, i just sit down and crank out a couple boxes. This is also why I started casting; projectile availability is no longer an issue.

Oh, and I save a lot of money per round, too. :-)

EVERY shooter in California should at least pick up something like a Lee Classic Turret press and get going. Yes, most shooters can afford such a setup; they typically buy multiple guns, so they can buy a decent reloading setup, too (I know, Mosin buyers lke me are the one exception ). It'd be less than $300 for everything.
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Old 09-30-2012, 2:30 PM

5+ months?!! For ammo? Lol, what a joke. I just roll my own....

Old 09-30-2012, 3:21 PM
Veteran Member

At least you finally received it

WTS: IMR4064, H335, H322, H4198
Old 10-01-2012, 12:05 PM

I would not mind getting into reloading, but unfortunately I don't have the time or space for a set up. Until I find some more free time I'll be at the mercy of manufactured/commercial ammo
Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member

In that case, stock up. I'd be hitting every Wal-Mart and other vendor of inexpensive, good ammo that I could. The Federal 9mm has been pretty consistent in its good quality so far, and the brass is reloadable should you later find that time. If you end up not reloading, you can sell the brass to someone who does. Believe me, there's a market.
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Old 10-01-2012, 4:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Yeah, I tell you though, Walmart is empty all the time...election time panic.

Can't wait until I can fire up my new casting equipment!
Old 10-01-2012, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFOpusX View Post
I would not mind getting into reloading, but unfortunately I don't have the time or space for a set up. Until I find some more free time I'll be at the mercy of manufactured/commercial ammo
Depending on what you shoot you could go with the Lee Classic loader and some supplies for when the supply gets tight. It does not like FMJ or plated pistol bullets but will load cast lead projectiles as good as a fancy press, fits in a babies shoe box and only cost $30.00. Now it is slow ( 1 minute per round ) but it loads great ammo and only takes a small wood block to load on. Now I would not use it as a primary reloading device unless you don't mind loading ammo at 1 minute per round, but even if all my presses break I will still have my little Classic reloaders in 45, 38 special, 9mm, 308 and 30-06.

I guess I should say something about Jack Ross so I feel part of this thread . Actually he isn't worth the imaginary ink.
Old 10-01-2012, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand125 View Post
Depending on what you shoot you could go with the Lee Classic loader and some supplies for when the supply gets tight. It does not like FMJ or plated pistol bullets but will load cast lead projectiles as good as a fancy press, fits in a babies shoe box and only cost $30.00. Now it is slow ( 1 minute per round ) but it loads great ammo and only takes a small wood block to load on. Now I would not use it as a primary reloading device unless you don't mind loading ammo at 1 minute per round, but even if all my presses break I will still have my little Classic reloaders in 45, 38 special, 9mm, 308 and 30-06.

I guess I should say something about Jack Ross so I feel part of this thread . Actually he isn't worth the imaginary ink.
To be far to the little kid who's name is being tarnished unknowingly, it's actually Chris Ross who isn't worth the imaginary ink. The company was named after the youngest son.

Going to suck for Jack when he's old enough to Google his name...lol
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 10-06-2012, 8:22 AM

I wanted to post and share my experience with Jack Ross. Like many of you, I ordered 1000 rounds of 9mm reloads from this company. My order number was 10XX and was placed on March 31, 2012. I called early on and spoke to Tia. I followed the Facebook page and I called the number just to have it ring until I got the recording telling me that the voice mail was full. The number was later disconnected. None of this is news, I know. However, yesterday, I received my order. I will include pictures below.

I did not dispute my order through the credit card company primarily because of laziness, but also because I secretly hoped that I would eventually get the ammo. I was having no luck reaching Jack Ross on the phone and via email, so I tried the old fashioned method of writing them. Two weeks ago, on a Friday, I mailed a handwritten letter to their address. I simply stated that I too am a small business owner and I understood how someone like us could easily be overwhelmed with orders from sites like groupon etc. I did not ask for delivery of my order, I simply asked when I could reasonably expect to have my order filled. Exactly one week later on the following Friday, I received an email from Jack Ross stating that my order had been filled, but it came with no tracking information. On the following Friday (yesterday), I found the box of ammo waiting for me on my doorstep shipped via FedEx ground.

I have read the posts complaining about the quality of the rounds, but you have to understand that these are reloads and they were very inexpensive. I opened al, of the boxes and inspected the rounds. I found two that were not fit to shoot. I included a picture of one of the rounds below.

Yes I waited a long time and yes, I felt wronged by the lack of communication, but I did finally receive my full order and I am satisfied with the product. If Jack Ross were able to turn things around and they offered another low priced deal, and if I were not in a hurry, I would order from them again. I feel like they were simply overwhelmed and ran into some bad luck with broken reloaders. In my mind, I see them as entrepreneurs that got in over their heads, but they haven't completely given up. As evidenced by my order, they're trying to make good on their commitments. I sincerely wish them the best of luck and hope that this post helps others understand that Jack Ross is probably just a small American business that got overwhelmed by demand for their product. I won't fault a fellow American for attempting to grow their business in these trying economic times.

Old 10-08-2012, 3:24 PM

So are you the only one that received your ammo since you put in extra effort or can we all expect to receive our orders? I am order #14xx from mid April.
Old 10-10-2012, 2:07 AM

Hollowpoint67, I wish I knew the answer to your question, but unfortunately the people at Jack Ross did not give me any more information that I wrote in my post. Believe me, I understand your frustration. I hope you get your order soon.
Old 10-24-2012, 3:48 PM

I know they are trying and filling orders monthly. Very slowly with no communication which is VERY frustrating but they are still in business. Be persistent and "creative" with your tactics if you want your voice to be heard.

(l!(k3R$4L!73
Old 10-25-2012, 8:20 AM
Veteran Member

Anybody who got screwed over by Jack Ross, or otherwise is having trouble getting affordable ammo, click here for one good solution.

http://leeprecision.com/4-hole-class...ret-press.html

Seriously. Stock up on components and get bizzy, folks.
Old 10-25-2012, 8:26 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Jack Ross actually did what he said he was going to do... they shipped out just as he said.
Did he say it would take 6+ months to get your ammo? I would love to be your source for anything...........

I got turned off of 9mm reloads a while ago, because of random but regular failures. Otherwise I probably would have jumped on the JR bandwagon and be seething. There are deals every few months that can get factory 9mm to the doorstep for $200.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:17 PM

(This was posted on nevadashooters.com 10/27)

-
Quote:
Hi all, I have joined this forum in an attempt to quell all rumors regarding Jack Ross and to answer any questions you guys may have about our company. First let me start by apologizing to those who have orders and who have been inquiring about their orders and not had any response.
As you know, we have gone through some hard times the past few months after the online orders got ahead of us and we had to shut off the website to stop the growth of the backlog. The low productivity we were experiencing in the beginning, coupled with high overhead costs resulted in us running out of money and us almost going out of business. I was called by my brother, Chris Parker, when "the **** hit the fan" and have since moved my entire family up to Reno to specifically take care of this mess. The first step was to lay-off all unproductive employees to save costs. Since then, we have more than doubled our productivity with 1/4 the employees we originally had (indicates the amount of waste that was occurring). We almost went bankrupt 3 times in the process but we opted to stay in business and work through the hard times so that we could fill all obligations we made to our customers.
We ended up striking out deals with such ranges as Guns and Ammo Garage which inevitably kept us in business and paid our monthly expenses. We are now at a position where we are picking up steam again and we are able to send off ammo toward the backlog with what excess we can produce each month. Now I know this is not what most of you want to hear but the good thing is WE ARE STILL IN BUSINESS and we are STILL FILLING ORDERS. Our backlog on the 9mm is still quite extensive but we are putting forth efforts to send out at least 25 cases a month toward the backlog. I am answering emails and we picked up someone to answer the phones so your correspondences regarding the status of your orders will be answered. For those that are waiting for your orders, there is something you could do to help. We currently do not have a backlog of 45 ACP 230gr and any persons wishing to convert their order dollar/dollar to 45 will have their orders shipped much sooner than if they opt to wait for their 9mm or 40.
I hope this helps to alleviate some worry regarding your orders and your money moreover. We have made a pledge to fulfill all orders. Yes, we made mistakes, but we have a plan to remedy the situation and we are working to execute this plan. For those of you who like, you can email me directly at v_parker@jackrossammo.com and I will do my best to get you a response in a timely fashion as I'm sure me posting my email will result in a flood of inquiries. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Sincerely, Vincent Parker
-
USN Gunner 1976-80
Nevada CWP
Utah CFP