Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 10-07-2012, 4:53 PM

Default Military might take your guns

Here they come, they're going to take your guns if they have "reasonable grounds" or if you are "high risk" for suicide. So, define "reasonable grounds". You have PTSD? You were deployed to a combat zone? Will commanders feel there needs to be a "transition period" upon your return before you can have your weapons back? Sounds like BS to me.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/08/us...pagewanted=all

Last edited by Clownpuncher; 10-07-2012 at 4:56 PM.. Reason: new link
Old 10-07-2012, 6:56 PM
Calguns Addict

1,2,3,4 what have you been fighting for? Certainly not against an oppressive government.
Old 10-07-2012, 8:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Kinda off-topic BUT if I live on post with my family do I really have to register my weapons on post???

For the record, they are registered on post just asking because plenty of soldiers have told me to not even mention owning firearms.
Old 10-07-2012, 9:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Yeah you have to. Having a gun on base and not registered is a problem waiting to happen. Once one person gets caught with one gun, then it's a unit shake down of base housing.
Old 10-07-2012, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidens83 View Post
Kinda off-topic BUT if I live on post with my family do I really have to register my weapons on post???

For the record, they are registered on post just asking because plenty of soldiers have told me to not even mention owning firearms.
Yes they do, and honestly as an MP I'm going to tell you everytime during an investigation we found unregistered weapons on post people would get fried for that...its lame but post commanders take it serious. If you care about your rank and your pay just register your weapons on post. I know its a hassle but your family's income depends on it.
Old 10-07-2012, 9:41 PM

Another RE-ACTION by the military. Let's be proactive and take away the guns from the military then 0% of suicides will be committed by using service weapons. There you I solved half the suicide problem.

But seriously though the military need to be PRO active and not reactive. I mean seriously what do they expect when a person experience war then have some issues readjusting then start drinking ............etc....... We're all different so each person handles things differently.

Some guys might celebrate their divorce with their wife and others might not take it so well.

As far as weapons on post it's their post and their rules. No surprise when you sign the dotted line.
Old 10-07-2012, 9:41 PM

Another RE-ACTION by the military. Let's be proactive and take away the guns from the military then 0% of suicides will be committed by using service weapons. There you I solved half the suicide problem.

But seriously though the military need to be PRO active and not reactive. I mean seriously what do they expect when a person experience war then have some issues readjusting then start drinking ............etc....... We're all different so each person handles things differently.

Some guys might celebrate their divorce with their wife and others might not take it so well.

As far as weapons on post it's their post and their rules. No surprise when you sign the dotted line.
Old 10-08-2012, 6:02 AM

Just one more reason to make those who need help second guess actually going to get it.
Old 10-08-2012, 7:18 AM

What a society we live in! We'll go on decades-long military conquests to "liberate" foreigners and then turn around and be shocked, simply shocked, that our military men and women have trouble coping with years of constant war.

Here was a kicker:
"Dr. Woodson, who declined to provide details, said the campaign would also include measures to encourage service members, their friends and their relatives to remove possibly dangerous prescription drugs from the homes of potentially suicidal troops. "

How about not prescribing huge amounts of drugs that are known to cause suicidal behavior to begin with? It shouldn't take a doctor to see how stupid that policy is. Yet nobody is talking about restricting access to or confiscating dangerous, suicide-causing pharmaceuticals.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, the military has always had a lowest-common denominator attitude when it comes to resolving problems like this. Take the worst case scenario then apply corrective action for it across the board.
Old 10-08-2012, 5:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
What a society we live in! We'll go on decades-long military conquests to "liberate" foreigners and then turn around and be shocked, simply shocked, that our military men and women have trouble coping with years of constant war.

Here was a kicker:
"Dr. Woodson, who declined to provide details, said the campaign would also include measures to encourage service members, their friends and their relatives to remove possibly dangerous prescription drugs from the homes of potentially suicidal troops. "

How about not prescribing huge amounts of drugs that are known to cause suicidal behavior to begin with? It shouldn't take a doctor to see how stupid that policy is. Yet nobody is talking about restricting access to or confiscating dangerous, suicide-causing pharmaceuticals.
Isn't that exactly what the part you quoted is saying?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:26 PM

Long story short, my friend got caught with unregistered weapons in his house. He didn't get demoted but he might not get promoted again and it held up his PCS. I suggest just living off post. Solves that problem and a ton more.

As long as your not an idiot, the military doesn't care if you have guns at home or not as long as they are legal. Many posts have ranges that you can use on the weekends.
Old 10-09-2012, 1:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
Unfortunately, the military has always had a lowest-common denominator attitude when it comes to resolving problems like this. Take the worst case scenario then apply corrective action for it across the board.
Yep. Doesn't work all the time either.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 10-11-2012, 6:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Right now as the military is losing many soldiers to suicide as it is losing soldiers in the theater of war , it is a big concern and although it might seem out there it might save a few lives somewhere along the way
3) Saltworks M5 upper/lower set