Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-17-2008, 6:58 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand1945 View Post
Ranger,

I've heard it said that there is no such thing as a coincidence. That is just too many things lined up to be one. What total BS behavoir when there are sex offenders galore in CA, meth cookng madness, hundreds of thousands of gang members, and a boatload of crooks in the capitol.

This is just another "benifit" of a large government bureaucracy that has budgets and staff dedicated to things that should be low priority, but since they have the budget and staff, they keep working their area even if it will not have any great effect on the overall crime rate, or real violent crime.

I hope the LEOs monitoring this board will realize this and work to change the system from the inside. We are not your problem. We are not breaking the law. We are doing everything we can to comply with the strange CA laws that exist here and no where else. We have to be super educated about everything we buy because things anyone can by in our borer states of NV, AZ or OR, or from the catalogs sent to free states are somehow banned here. We are not gangbanger meth cooking murders and theives. We are working productive members of society that just enjoy guns. We are not looking to break laws or do harm. Please make your superios understand this, or at least, gum up the works a little to keep their faciest agenda from progressing.

And in closing, it really saddens me that this post will probably put me on some sort of watch list, just becuase I like a legal pursit and don't want to be treated like a criminal.

God bless America because we need it!
I agree with your whole post. I do not believe in coincidences either and this is no exception. I am not sure what to attribute it to but something smells like fish. My main reason for sharing it is to remind people not to do illegal transaction regardless of how tempting it is. You never know who is watching. For all I know it could have been because of someone who observed me in the school computer lab and complained (on a side note, I bought a rifle on GunBroker from the computer lab yesterday). Anyway, you never know who is a “spy” so to speak. Always conduct yourself as if you are being watched, not just when you are online.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old 01-17-2008, 6:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnrevenge View Post
Quit bragging...
Some day, some day...
Sorry... ..... It just slips out once in a while....

Μολὼν λαβέ
.................................................. ............
COMPLETE HI-CAP MAG REPAIR KITS FOR SALE- MAGPUL, RUGER, SIG, FN, H&K, GLOCK, MINI14, M1, M1A/M14, AK47, BLACK DOG, AR15,PARA, BERETTA, CZ, GSG, SAIGA, SPRINGFIELD, S&W, SKS & MORE.

www.laksupply.com

http://laksupply.com/magazines-mag-kits

http://laksupply.com/magazines-mag-kits/ar-15-magazines

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=99311
Old 01-17-2008, 7:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombinghamthegreat View Post
.... offer money for guns. Or trying to advise me to buy AKs and bury them in the hills. ......
Heh,

I offer people money for guns all the time..... Anyone have a cheap project that they don't want anymore? drop me a P.M. (all laws will be observed during the transaction)

And I've continuously spouted off about how everyone needs to put at least one gun in the ground for every dozen in their safe...

Nothing Illegal about that... just don't break any laws.

Being law abiding doesn't mean you have to get down on all fours and bleat like an ewe.

Subscribe to Proto Ordnance
Old 01-18-2008, 7:24 AM

Ajax22,
thanks for the new sig line.
Old 01-18-2008, 7:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

LOL...

FWIW, I don't like to use thw term law abiding. Rather use law upholding.

To me law abiding means you are a subject of the system rather than a participant.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:48 PM

As a newer member, I just thought I'd say that I thought the whole purpose of CalGuns was to help prevent people from unknowingly making choices which are illegal while exercising and fighting for our second amendment rights. Lets face it, the laws are confusing to the lay-person and sometimes we need a little help figuring them out. Especially considering all of the misinformation out there on the streets regarding firearms. The board has never come across to me as a place in which illegal activities are talked about, or done. Furthermore, criminals wouldn't give a damn wether they were breaking the law or not and wouldn't bother to check a message board. I just don't understand where this idea that CalGuns is a forum for illegal guns comes from. At the same time, the general public thinks that hollow points have been illegal since the early 90's and would look at a fixed mag AR-15 and think it was a machine gun.

Last edited by Salty; 01-21-2008 at 1:36 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
As a newer member, I just thought I'd say that I thought the whole purpose of CalGuns was to help prevent people from unknowingly making choices which are illegal while exercising and fighting for our second amendment rights. Lets face it, the laws are confusing to the lay-person and sometimes we need a little help figuring them out. Especially considering all of the misinformation out there on the streets regarding firearms. The board has never come across to me as a place in which illegal activities are talked about, or done. Furthermore, criminals wouldn't give a damn wether they were breaking the law or not and wouldn't bother to check a message board. I just don't understand where this idea that CalGuns is a forum for illegal guns comes from. At the same time, the general public thinks that hallow points have been illegal since the early 90's and would look at a fixed mag AR-15 and think it was a machine gun.

I do not think you are understanding the issue.

It has been well known for some time that various CA government agencies, particularly the DOJ, have been monitoring this board.

More recently, it has come to light that they have begun posting here and attempting to entrap members into discussing illegal activities.

You are right that the vast, vast majority of legitimate Calgunners work extremely hard to stay within the law, as we are by definition law-abiding American citizens.

To any government agency that might be reading this for the purposes of monitoring the activities of law-abiding citizens or attempting to entrap us:

Your masters are proud. How does it feel to be part of a long line of tyrants, despots, and thugs like Adolf Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, and Saddam Hussein?

How dare you operate under the color of law, using our own tax dollars to attempt to turn us into criminals for doing nothing worse than attempting to exercise our God-given, Constitutionally protected Second Amendment rights.

You are sick.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
As a newer member, I just thought I'd say that I thought the whole purpose of CalGuns was to help prevent people from unknowingly making choices which are illegal while exercising and fighting for our second amendment rights. Lets face it, the laws are confusing to the lay-person and sometimes we need a little help figuring them out. Especially considering all of the misinformation out there on the streets regarding firearms.
Being articulate and asking questions is perfectly acceptable. But let me show you an example of what is not acceptable, as it raises alarms:

Quote:
how 2 legalize assault rifles in CA????!!!??

i have been going to to the local shooting range and watching some guy with a m4a1 and a AK shooting, everytime someone gets near him he starts acting like he is important to talk to anyone....so can anyone tell me how it is done to have a legal assault rifle?becuase i have always loved going tothe range now i probably can buy my own rifle!
Now, this is pretty close to a REAL post someone made on another board I read. I am not making up the title.

Notice the words in red? Those should be sending off the alarms in your head.

However, as other's have said, it is best to approach posts like this with patience, because I'd rather chance on the possibility of someone genuinely asking for clarification vs. suspecting everyone new as to being DoJ jerks trying to bait us.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
As a newer member, I just thought I'd say that I thought the whole purpose of CalGuns was to help prevent people from unknowingly making choices which are illegal while exercising and fighting for our second amendment rights. Lets face it, the laws are confusing to the lay-person and sometimes we need a little help figuring them out. Especially considering all of the misinformation out there on the streets regarding firearms. The board has never come across to me as a place in which illegal activities are talked about, or done. Furthermore, criminals wouldn't give a damn wether they were breaking the law or not and wouldn't bother to check a message board. I just don't understand where this idea that CalGuns is a forum for illegal guns comes from. At the same time, the general public thinks that hallow points have been illegal since the early 90's and would look at a fixed mag AR-15 and think it was a machine gun.
"Hallow points" are protected by the First Amendment and cannot be regulated in any way or form. Any law regulating "hallow points" would be a clear violation of the First Amendment freedom of religion provisions. So if I want to bless my ammo and make it sacred, I am free to do so.

At this time hollow points are quite legal as well. I may go home and bless some this evening so I can have some hallow hollow points. Then I'll really be prepared for a homie invasion robbery.
Old 01-21-2008, 1:08 PM

I think I saw this mentioned earlier in the thread but this kind of attention just means that we are perceived potentially as a place people can go to learn what they are allowed to do with the "rights" they've been granted. It's best not to have an informed populace, you know?

Definitely agree with the sentiments on keeping it legal, I've been seeing a bit of the weird posts lately, though I admittedly haven't been on much, too busy with work. I recall seeing a couple of posts along the line of "what do I do in this illegal situation, 'were it to happen' ".

Stay Vigilant!

(And I will say that yes, I do in fact post from a .MIL from time to time...I do afterall have to find *something* to do during my lunch hour )
Old 01-21-2008, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKman View Post
"Hallow points" are protected by the First Amendment and cannot be regulated in any way or form. Any law regulating "hallow points" would be a clear violation of the First Amendment freedom of religion provisions. So if I want to bless my ammo and make it sacred, I am free to do so.

At this time hollow points are quite legal as well. I may go home and bless some this evening so I can have some hallow hollow points. Then I'll really be prepared for a homie invasion robbery.
Eh.. sorry, late night spelling error.
Old 01-21-2008, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrjonesUSA View Post
I do not think you are understanding the issue.

It has been well known for some time that various CA government agencies, particularly the DOJ, have been monitoring this board.

More recently, it has come to light that they have begun posting here and attempting to entrap members into discussing illegal activities.

You are right that the vast, vast majority of legitimate Calgunners work extremely hard to stay within the law, as we are by definition law-abiding American citizens.

To any government agency that might be reading this for the purposes of monitoring the activities of law-abiding citizens or attempting to entrap us:

Your masters are proud. How does it feel to be part of a long line of tyrants, despots, and thugs like Adolf Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, and Saddam Hussein?

How dare you operate under the color of law, using our own tax dollars to attempt to turn us into criminals for doing nothing worse than attempting to exercise our God-given, Constitutionally protected Second Amendment rights.

You are sick.
No, I understand that they monitor the site, and I understand why. I just don't understand how CalGuns aquired an ill reputation.
Old 01-21-2008, 1:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Not arguing with you about anything said. That being said isn't the discussion of illegal activity protected by the 1A? I'm not saying I want to, just currious as to why there would be worry about talking about it when there are websites that show everything to machine gun blue prints to detailed instructions showing explosives recipes? Is there some finer point to the law I'm missing or is it something else? I'm not trying to argue just trying tofigure this out.
Cartman, I've wondered about that same point. The internet is a totally uncensored information highway. I would think that the gestapo would have better things to do than just prying into a group of peep's public conversations.

INMO the media expose more information that is damaging to our nation than a bunch of guy's that like to shoot targets and tincans.

INMO the gov't has gotten too big and intrusive. This country was founded so people could pursue their own personal beliefs, interests and lifestyles without due intrusion by gov't. We've now become 'subjugated by the gov't that was supposed to be of the people, by the people and FOR the people. We are being dictated to by every gov't entity who's purpose was supposed to be a 'support system' for us but has been bastardized into many small dictatorships that prey on us.

Every one of our rights and freedoms under the BOR's and the constitution has been subjected to the whims and interpretations of whoever is in power in the state that we each live in. I find that basically I could live with the dictates of the Federal Gov't but am getting to the breaking point when it comes to this state. I do advocate an entire revamping of the election process, term limits, the supreme courts of both, state and federal. I don't honestly believe that what we are subjected to by what our gov't has turned out to be is what our forefathers envisioned.

Rio
Old 01-21-2008, 1:57 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
No, I understand that they monitor the site, and I understand why. I just don't understand how CalGuns aquired an ill reputation.
Calguns DOES NOT have an ill reputation. We have lawyers, LE personnel, business people, MIL people and just about every other type of person posting on this board.

I for one, would not be here if this board had a bad reputation. I am a lawyer, and could lose my bar license should I get involved in anything not 100 percent legal.

People come here because they want to be legal. From time to time, there are questionable posts, but those are the exception, and most likely they are troll posts to begin with.

CalGuns has an excellent reputation among people "in the know" about California gun laws and gun politics.
Old 01-21-2008, 2:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAK Supply View Post
I will openly admit the following in public here on CalGuns:
OK, so will I

Quote:
I have several dozen hi-cap magazines that were purchased after the CA ban was enacted.
Ditto, and more than a few dozen.

Quote:
My AR-15 OLL has a drop-free detachable mag, pistol grip, flash-hider, and collapsible stock.
I have listed CA AW's, 5 as a matter of fact, none are registered.

Quote:
I have live tracer and incendiary rounds.

None of that for me, too expensive

Quote:
I carry a loaded handgun in my personal vehicle everywhere I go, and I don't have a CCW.
I carry a handgun almost everywhere I go, openly and concealed (I have a CCW).

Quote:
I have recently purchased modern firearms (Glock for example) in face-to-face private transactions, no FFL involved, in places like parking lots and private residences. I am not an FFL holder.
Bought and sold.

Quote:
Is that a good start for the trolls?
They need a push Oh yea, they can track my IP all they want.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Last edited by KenpoProfessor; 01-21-2008 at 2:19 PM..
Old 01-21-2008, 2:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
CalGuns has an excellent reputation among people "in the know" about California gun laws and gun politics.
This forum has become a very succesful "think tank", utilized by those in need, and feared by those that oppose us.........at this point, I can barely make out IGGY and Allison in our rear-view mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post

Soon it will be clearly immoral to routinely violate the bill of rights like the California courts so enjoy today.

-Gene
Old 01-21-2008, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Eh.. sorry, late night spelling error.
Just kidding. Spelling happens.
Old 01-21-2008, 2:38 PM

Quote:

You are sick.
DrjonesUSA, You are my hero......

"Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes." ~Captain Terrill
Old 01-21-2008, 2:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

An ill reputation in whose opinion?

It's not that the .gov doesn't LIKE calguns - they clearly love us because they like to hang out here and try to entrap us!
Old 01-21-2008, 2:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Josey Wales View Post
DrjonesUSA, You are my hero......

Thanks!

Remember me when I run for office!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 4:05 PM

Ten Bears: These things you say we will have, we already have.
Josey Wales: That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra. I'm just giving you life and you're giving me life. And I'm saying that men can live together without butchering one another.
Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life.

"Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes." ~Captain Terrill
Old 01-22-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:

You are sick.

BRAVO!!

Well said DrjonesUSA!

And to those same would be despots, tyrants, and villians...

A big K.M.B.H.B.A. to all of you!
Old 01-28-2008, 9:13 PM

Hey guys the Calguns party van is here!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 9:24 PM
Calguns Addict

That ladies butt looks like a sack stuffed full of nickels
My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.
Old 01-29-2008, 9:22 AM
Deplorable by choice.
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Close enough to see it but not close enough to smell it.

Yes, but they're tactical nickels.

For a country founded by the average man rising up against an oppressive government, we sure have an obsession about not giving up our guns.

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
Old 01-29-2008, 9:45 AM

Default No kidding

Life must be sweet if you're an undocumented worker, living in a sanctuary city...ah San Francisco you vote to ban guns while fighting for non-US citizens rights to smoke a J and have public sex wearing a SFPD uniform at the Folsome Fair. Good to know you have your priorities right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linh View Post
Sad but true. It's more of a crime to own a 30 rd mag then to smoke some weed. BTW our great leader lol plans to release over 22,000 prisioners due to budget issues lol oh my goodness 22,000 criminals on the streets of california I've seen Lock Up enough to know that jail doesn't make a person better.

On a more serious note I do notice some on this site lately that sound like LE/DOJ asking some stupid question.

I believe their goal is to prove that calguns promote illegal "stuff" and they can somehow try to shut calguns down. I don't know about others but the only reason I knew about OLL california legal rifle is due to a fellow californian pointing me to this site.